Author Topic: the Bench Press  (Read 5779 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: the Bench Press
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 09:34:07 AM »
Multitasking while on the phone dude, you're not keeping my attention.
You're welcome for the insights. Good luck.
You sure have proved to us that, for an old guy, you are very immature and arrogant.  How do you let something so stupid get you all worked up like this.  There is more to life than getbig.com, man.  Have a nice day!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 10:28:33 AM »
Having a lot more experience than you is easy, doesn't mean that i'm old, genius. More lame-ass conjecture from a rocket scientist. I smell GED.  LOL

Concentrate on what you've learned and the mistakes you've made, that way in future you'll make better gains instead of quickly resorting to injections out of desperation. :D

Obviously you were using insignificant weight on isolations-this time don't make the same mistake. Have some guts, get back in there and build up some serious numbers instead of quitting.

To review some of what you didn't know:
-Curls are not compounds-repeat 25 times quickly. Go heavy.
-Pullovers are one of the very best lat exercises, are not compounds.
-Many top BBs built huge arms primarily through the use of heavy-ass weights on isolations.
-etc

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »
I didn't read all these response but did anyone mentioned varying hand placement on the bar will also, hit different areas of the chest as will placement of the bar when lowering to the chest.  As I put it, closer the hands the closer to the middle of the chest it hits, wider the hands the wider it hits on the chest. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 11:10:06 AM »
You didn't miss much.  :D

I've learned that grip width and type of grip make big differences on the muscles and joints.

Probably why dumbbells are often better for presses-many more  variations, that are easier on the joints and hit the muscles from different angles.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 11:57:19 AM »
Having a lot more experience than you is easy, doesn't mean that i'm old, genius. More lame-ass conjecture from a rocket scientist. I smell GED.  LOL
Concentrate on what you've learned, that way in future you'll make better gains instead of quickly resorting to injections out of desperation. :D
Obviously you were using insignificant weight on isolations-this time have some guts, get back in there, and build up some serious numbers instead of quitting.
To review some of what you've learned:
-Most forms of curls are not compounds, and are the best size builders.
-Pullovers are one of the very best lat exercises, are not compounds.
-Many top BBs built arm size primarily through isolations.
-etc
pumpster,
you called me a kid, so I assumed you were an old fart.  So how old are you, and how long have you been lifting?  I'm 34, and have been lifting for 24 years.  I have met Sergio, Arnold, Bob, Dorian and Ronnie.  I never had the opportunity to meet Franco.  Oh, and no GED.  I have a bachelors degree in Computer Science and a minor in Math.  I am also a Microsoft Certified Professional.  I have done all kinds of work from building payroll and billing systems to networking security, from working for insurance companies to engineering firms and the government.  Did you know that most of NASA's computer networks hacking attempts come from Korea?  Who would have thought?  Oh, ever wonder if a person's screen name on here reflects that person's mental health?  Don't get all pissed off over nothing and start insulting people you don't even know.  You never know who's watching you, from the other end.  Don't lose your head, young, open-minded one.  ;)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 09:38:10 AM »
i thought this thread was about bench pressing?
Valhalla awaits.