Author Topic: For those who like muscle cars  (Read 4698 times)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
For those who like muscle cars
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:06:38 PM »
Thought I'd share my build with you guys. I'm about 2 months Into this build

I found her in Compton ca

It had a 301... Tb400 and gm 12 bolt.  Not interior and bad paint. But for 2500 what the hell.

So far I've painted the car myself  re did the inside. I found a 400 out of a 69 bird that had just had a fresh rebuild with a msd atomic efi system amd th400 with a gearvendors for 2000 bucks

My dad have me the edelbrock heads and custom 2" headers.

So here I am now still got to get the timing dialed in. I found a Lincoln mark VIII fan off Craigslist and hooked that bad boy up!

The engine is a 414ci
Comp xe284 cam with 1.65 rockers
Edelbrock heads
Performer intake
Msd atomic efi system

I've got the whole rearend dailed in with all new adjustable components

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: For those who like muscle cars
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
Nice 64...like the color.

About the Lincoln, you can find a lot of those now, with the self lowering suspension bottomed out.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
Nice 64...like the color.

About the Lincoln, you can find a lot of those now, with the self lowering suspension bottomed out.

Yep the auto adjustment control goes out so it slams them

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »
Tax dollars spent on hot rods.  Interesting.  :D

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 03:57:48 PM »
Tax dollars spent on hot rods.  Interesting.  :D

Well my entire career was paid by the tax payers. So thank you for my house as well.  And I pay taxes to so I guess I pay myself.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
Most vets I know get the disability paychecks and none of them (other than grandpa) are from war injuries like bullet wounds or shrapnel. Most just have a bum knee or sore back  ???

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »
Most vets I know get the disability paychecks and none of them (other than grandpa) are from war injuries like bullet wounds or shrapnel. Most just have a bum knee or sore back  ???

The disability doesn't have to be combat related, if it is there are codes from combat related injuries.

To be honest I've never heard of a Vet talk against disability, I just hear it from people that never joined so it doesn't bother me.

We all make our own choices in life, mine just happen to allow me to go to school now and get paid for it, I'm not special just made choices that every able body american could have made if they so choice.

Ever notice how it's always the ones talking shit usually have the least? Everthing I own I got it my damn self and plan on keeping that going with education.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
The disability doesn't have to be combat related, if it is there are codes from combat related injuries.

To be honest I've never heard of a Vet talk against disability, I just hear it from people that never joined so it doesn't bother me.

We all make our own choices in life, mine just happen to allow me to go to school now and get paid for it, I'm not special just made choices that every able body american could have made if they so choice.

Ever notice how it's always the ones talking shit usually have the least? Everthing I own I got it my damn self and plan on keeping that going with education.
I bet you vote Republican.

Oh the irony. hahahhaha

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
^ I'm not for or against it really, just stating my experience form personal relationships with friends who are vets. I'm glad they didn't have to get blown to pieces to get a few bucks.

Some here seem to be more against it, but IMO if it was in their contract then they are entitled to it.
Not like it's like people on welfare who never worked a day in their lives.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
^ I'm not for or against it really, just stating my experience form personal relationships with friends who are vets. I'm glad they didn't have to get blown to pieces to get a few bucks.

Some here seem to be more against it, but IMO if it was in their contract then they are entitled to it.
Not like it's like people on welfare who never worked a day in their lives.
Disability for vets is the same as Disability for civilians.

Everyone lies their asses off to get it.  Most on it, vote Republican and claim to hate handouts. 

Fraud is the name of the game and the sad thing is, its legal.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »

Everyone lies their asses off to get it.  Most on it, vote Republican and claim to hate handouts. 

I disagree, it seems a lot easier to get military disability than civilian social security.

I furthermore I think this can be a good discussion without coming off as anti vet. One question that comes to mind is why are so mammy getting these back, shoulder, knee injuries from the military. Can the military makes changed to prevent some of these?  And from your opinion, is there fraud taking place?

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 07:55:37 PM »
I disagree, it seems a lot easier to get military disability than civilian social security.

I furthermore I think this can be a good discussion without coming off as anti vet. One question that comes to mind is why are so mammy getting these back, shoulder, knee injuries from the military. Can the military makes changed to prevent some of these?  And from your opinion, is there fraud taking place?

If you talk to a lot of vets you will see that a lot of the disability is mental, sure 10% here for knee 10% there for a back but the stressed of just the military life in general can change you.

Sure I've never seen a friend die, we have shot at people yes, but nothing to crazy. But the stress and work load of a 8 month  deployment with literally 18 hr days with zero days off. Wears you out. My job was to defend against missiles attacks so every time I took watch twice a day for 6 to 7 hours a watch I was on the look out for a missile that would certainly mean death if it hit. Plus the work load of maintenance, keeping quals, training, lack of sleep drove me basically crazy and cost me a marriage. Took me some years to get back to the person I was before as it just changed me as a whole.

That was one of three deployment I did.

Now he can saw what he wants about it being fraud or however he justifies he's views but until you know someone's story or what they have been throughout you really are just kinda talking out your ass.

And yes I tend to lean right on some issues and left on others.  I vote on a reasons not the parties   

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »
to be honest edelbrock headers r up there with the best of them like flow masters,what a great sound they give to a muscle car
R

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »
 ;D
F

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »
If you talk to a lot of vets you will see that a lot of the disability is mental, sure 10% here for knee 10% there for a back but the stressed of just the military life in general can change you.

Sure I've never seen a friend die, we have shot at people yes, but nothing to crazy. But the stress and work load of a 8 month  deployment with literally 18 hr days with zero days off. Wears you out. My job was to defend against missiles attacks so every time I took watch twice a day for 6 to 7 hours a watch I was on the look out for a missile that would certainly mean death if it hit. Plus the work load of maintenance, keeping quals, training, lack of sleep drove me basically crazy and cost me a marriage. Took me some years to get back to the person I was before as it just changed me as a whole.

That was one of three deployment I did.

Now he can saw what he wants about it being fraud or however he justifies he's views but until you know someone's story or what they have been throughout you really are just kinda talking out your ass.

And yes I tend to lean right on some issues and left on others.  I vote on a reasons not the parties   

Don't have to defend your service, Mike. Some here are grateful, ignore the rest.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
;D

Got to love a ls6 it even a ls7 70 chevelle ultra rare and one bad ass car

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »
 ;D
F

epic_alien

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
I bet you vote Republican.

Oh the irony. hahahhaha

this isn't about politics its about hot rods.
now go make me some cookies

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »
Damn that's a brutal car, nice work!
tank u jesus

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

Most on disability vote Republican?   Pull your head out of your ass, boy...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
 :o
F

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 03:34:31 PM »
:o

65 man that's a sweet ride, my dream list is a

440 4 speed 70 cuda or challenger

69 big block mach 1

69 rs/ss camaro 

Man one day!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
this is one i actually had , till i wrecked it. 1968 dodge polara =383-4 barrel carb, not mine i had a silver one.
F

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 03:59:11 AM »
Thought I'd share my build with you guys. I'm about 2 months Into this build

I've got the whole rearend dailed in with all new adjustable components

Don't trash the appearance, it should look outwardly exactly as it did rolling off the line in 1964.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 04:13:03 AM »
Don't trash the appearance, it should look outwardly exactly as it did rolling off the line in 1964.
Well, there are some people who do a good job of modding the looks

Road racing 64 GTO

Hidden headlights 64 GTO