Author Topic: Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!! Solid 3/8" gain on my arms !!! In one month !!!!!  (Read 3822 times)

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Dont have a lot of time for details now, but after completing the one month of 4 times a week per bodypart training, I have a solid 3/8" gain on my arms from this routine------------and most importantly, I started this routine when I was already in full training and gains were very slow or at a standstill.
Diet or sleep wasn't changed at all, only the routine !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone else given it a try yet ?
I will post more later. GOod luck !!! ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
That's intriguing, in part because of suspect advice from clones running around insisting that the only way is to train less, maybe as little as once a week, otherwise known as laziness.

Let us know whether you're able to keep the gains after going off that routine, the duration of which is likely to be only 1-2 months I'd guess.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Details old man, details!! ;)     Excellent work!!!!     High frequency is a highwire act for sure but the gains can be amazing in a shorttime..

I've done it in the past with varied results. I'm amping up the volume and frequency myself and the gains are starting to snowball again...

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Thank you gentlemen.

Actually, This routine seems easier in some ways because even though you are working the whole body per workout, you are only doing 3 sets per bodypart, so you have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for each set.

You are only spending about 10 minutes or less per bodypart !!!

I completed one month, and took 3 days off (today is the 3rd day), and starting tomorrow I will be at the same routine again. I will see how it goes from week to week, but I like the 10 to 12 reps per set , and the 8 to 10 reps per set to be way I wold like to continue this routine.

The only thing I did deviate from is the last week--- all sets were supposed to be 4 to 6 reps per set. I did that for one workout only and it seemed to be just too low rep wise because you are using a maximum weight for 4 to 6 reps for each set of each bodypart, and that involves an awful lot of warming up and pyramiding up in weight---so the last 3 workouts I switched it back to 10 to 12 reps per set.

I dont feel overtrained at all, and remember, I am not working my legs 4 times a week (legs get once or twice a week), I'm working my upper body 4 times a week.

I'm just happy to share my results with everyone because it has worked for me, and I hope it will work for many of you too.

Good Luck everyone !

P.S.  Since I am continuing this routine, I will keep posted any progress I continue to make (hopefully).

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Details old man, details!! ;)     Excellent work!!!!     High frequency is a highwire act for sure but the gains can be amazing in a shorttime..
I've done it in the past with varied results. I'm amping up the volume and frequency myself and the gains are starting to snowball again...
For details see my thread in this training section about "starting new training program 4 times a week each bodypart".
I have listed the routine there . Good luck if you try it.  :)

pumpster

• Getbig V
Don't be shy, give us the link and keep us updated over the next weeks.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
You might also want to read about strategic deconditioning, CNS overload, etc. over on Bryan's site. 
www.hsnhst.com
:

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Less and More will most always work together for positive results in training. Less sets per body part and more training days in a seven day week. Glad to see that Peak45 is trying something totally different than the normal fairy tale routines written in those T&A muscle (?) mags. Most average BB'ers rely on blind faith,  following some of those creative writing training programs supposedly used by the Pro's or any other top BB'er.
My view only: I think that Peak45 should not be tweeking any on the rep schemes (4-6 reps) listed in the program. Follow the program to the letter and observe the results. This can be related to a lab experiment, Peak45 as the subject, with the full results to be judged later. Tweek once, human nature being what it is, usually leads to more unneeded adjustments later which can throw off  some  positive resuts at the end of the program. If you do go to failure (if you must) on a three set a body part exercise than you might make the last set the "to failure" one. Brief programs like one or two sets max can allow "to failure" on the final set. Going to failure can be counter productive when applied to a general BB'ing workout of 6-12 sets a muscle group.
I work with athletes who must gain muscular weight & strength for a specific sport in a somewhat short period of time.  10 to 15 lbs (some have gained 20lbs or more) is the mean average gained in a three month period. All their programs are short and to the point workouts. Usually squats, BP and row are the core exercises. Two or three sets max a muscle group and usually three time a week. For example, that's 6 to 9 sets for a muscle group the whole week. I know from personal experience this type of program has worked over and over again on many men and women.  Good Luck.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
After some of your previus pearls of wisdom JPM i have simplified my workout, into 4 workouts, 2upper and 2lower each week. Its tough and Im liking it, though i am always looking for ways of making it even simpler while getting the same results.

I think what 'peaking at45' is saying is probs true,seems a simple workout and probs work better than the more complicated workouts u get nowadays.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

gtbro1

• Getbig V
You said diet and rest didn't change any.I am just curious do you usually get at least 8 hours of sleep every night?..I know we all should but for me that is very hard to do with work and all that.Good job that is great to have such results in that time.I am very interested to see how that works for you over time cause I have often talked myself out of more frequent workouts for fear of "overtraining".

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
You said diet and rest didn't change any.I am just curious do you usually get at least 8 hours of sleep every night?..I know we all should but for me that is very hard to do with work and all that.Good job that is great to have such results in that time.I am very interested to see how that works for you over time cause I have often talked myself out of more frequent workouts for fear of "overtraining".

Thank you---no my sleep schedule is erratic-----some nights I get 5 hours, some 6 hours some 7 or 8 hours. I really need at least 8 hours to really feel rested. The last week I havent been able to keep to the program ------Got in 3 workouts, and this week looks like a 3 workout week too.

Will keep posting when more time passes. Good luck to all that try it !!! :)

pumpster

• Getbig V
If the schedule gets in the way of sleep and good workouts, shift as many workouts as possible to weekend or off days.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Whatcha gonna do, when the Pumpster runs wild on you !!!     ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
Right.. he's wacky too..::)

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
high frequency training is the shit!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
did you say how long the workouts are???
Giving 110%

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU FINALLY HAVE THOSE MONSTROUS 13 3/8" ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
young niggah greedy

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Sept 3rd, 2006------I see a lot of questions recently about frequency of training and new ideas to shock growth---so some newbys may want to take a peek at this thread !!!

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
3/8 isnt to bad i had a cousion of mine gain a inch and a half or so in 3 weeks and no he wasent on any drugs.....must be good genetics or some shit.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!! Solid 3/8" gain on my arms !!! In one month !
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 06:43:10 AM »
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU FINALLY HAVE THOSE MONSTROUS 13 3/8" ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~giggles~  ;D

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High frequency is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
3/8 isnt to bad i had a cousion of mine gain a inch and a half or so in 3 weeks and no he wasent on any drugs.....must be good genetics or some shit.

BS, no way you can get those kind of gains w/o pharamaceuticals.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig

Yes, I gained 3/8 of an inch-------but I had not done high frequency training in years and years. MOst of my workouts the last 20 years were usually once every 6 to 9 days (yes 9 days !!!)

I have had a layoff thruout the summer, so when I start up again, I will do the 4 times a week routine, as I think I will get the quickest results with it !!!

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
BS, no way you can get those kind of gains w/o pharamaceuticals.

i wouldent like man we measured his arm and everything before and after...his mother thought he was on steriods 2....idk.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

i wouldent like man we measured his arm and everything before and after...his mother thought he was on steriods 2....idk.
you must be smokin buddah