Author Topic: How often do some of you guys drink alcohol? Is it becoming a problem?  (Read 18213 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How often do some of you guys drink alcohol? Is it becoming a problem?
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2014, 03:06:02 AM »
I would like to put it to rest to. Let's consider it done and over with. Thank you!

Yes, the test was making me create too many red blood cells. The episode I had a few months ago I was feeling like shit for a week. Then I was at work and I could tell my blood pressure was high. I took it and it was 202/103. I was admitted to the hospital to drain my blood 3 times in 3 1/2 days. They have to use 16 ga needles because the blood is the consistency of ketchup. The first time this happened 7 years ago it thickened so bad it stroked out my colon. Luckily it did not stroke my heart. I had bad abdominal pains, went to shit and filled the bowl with blood. But like a dumb fuck I continued on steroids 2 weeks out of the hospital.

My test levels are actually not too bad. Staying in the low to mid 200's. Considering what I have done I am lucky. I do miss the feeling I got from the test but I think I finally am smart enough or more like not so hard headed to where I won't do it again.

wow man sorry to hear u went thru that hell,that musta been scary ass shit seeing your blood pressure go to 202/103 :o and then u shitted blood on top of that,i woulda had a heart attack prolly if that happened to me just from the nerves and fear. glad to see u r rebounding from it,stay away from the test bro cause u dont want it to come back again,not worth your life bro so stay strong
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2014, 03:09:29 AM »
my Dad drinks maybe 2 glasses of red wine most days, but is healthy and happy at 72.

cool man,good genetics must run in your family if your dad is still healthy at 72,most guys at 72(even my dad) r on abunch of different pills for cholesterol,diabetes,emphysema,blood pressure.i try to help him eat better and cut down on the smoking but hes stubborn and tells me he wants to enjoy himself cause hes not gonna live forever,i do understand him to a point.
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2014, 03:17:37 AM »
Many bi-polars and chronic depression/anxiety people abuse alcohol/recs...One can make the argument that alcohol has kept these types of people from taking their own life by self medicating...There are more people self medicating themselves then are taking meds by a Pharma...

i agree 100%, ive been self medicating myself for over 4 decades.i started with weed in 75 and continued that till the/and most of the 90's,in the 80's i was doing alot of coke also along with the weed. i stopped smokin weed heavily in 98 or so and then went on the steroids and used that to get me by. i stopped using coke in 92 or so and went all the way till 2005 and gave in one night at my freinds birthday party,that turned into a every weekend/friday night coke bender.i stopped that pretty much when my son was born 10 months later and started on xanax somewhere around 2007-8 and continued them till maybe amonth ago or so,i went on methadone for a month or so ,now im on suboxone and off everything else,im even off my TRT cause my connect hasnt came thru,not because i wanted to stop. anyway i feel great,except for my test levels being lower this last month,im in a good place mentally.ill have my test levels up in a short time from now and be feeling good again
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2014, 03:25:58 AM »
Your stories really border on TMI, but they are greatly appreciated here. That's why you are on the leaderboard for Poster of the Year.

im not even close to being poster of the year, there are people who leave me in the dust when it comes to exciting and crazy stories that happened in their lives,as well as the great information they provide on bodybuilding and diet. im not even close to that level yet,maybe in another 5 yrs or so but im not even close now
R

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2014, 03:36:17 AM »
The thread's confessors notwithstanding this is largely a cultural thing.  Moderate daily drinking is the norm most places I've been.  According to US standards the entire rest of the world is alcoholic.

I drink almost daily.  Not when I'm too busy or would rather just go to sleep but if I've got time for Getbig or a movie (most days) I'll have a few drinks with my feet up.  Generally two or three beers, wines (non-expensive), or scotch.  Frankly, I'd like to drink more but time of night and not wanting to risk feeling sludgy in the morning sends me to bed.  

And of course I'm drinking alone.  I live alone.  When I go out then I have to drive home so I can't drink.  Wtf you want me to do?  Get married so I can drink scotch and post on Getbig?  I don't think she's gonna let me do that every night!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2014, 03:40:54 AM »
i agree 100%, ive been self medicating myself for over 4 decades.i started with weed in 75 and continued that till the/and most of the 90's,in the 80's i was doing alot of coke also along with the weed. i stopped smokin weed heavily in 98 or so and then went on the steroids and used that to get me by. i stopped using coke in 92 or so and went all the way till 2005 and gave in one night at my freinds birthday party,that turned into a every weekend/friday night coke bender.i stopped that pretty much when my son was born 10 months later and started on xanax somewhere around 2007-8 and continued them till maybe amonth ago or so,i went on methadone for a month or so ,now im on suboxone and off everything else,im even off my TRT cause my connect hasnt came thru,not because i wanted to stop. anyway i feel great,except for my test levels being lower this last month,im in a good place mentally.ill have my test levels up in a short time from now and be feeling good again

Wow.. holly shit. I understand that I'm doing pretty well in life when I read stuff like this.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2014, 04:14:12 AM »
im not even close to being poster of the year, there are people who leave me in the dust when it comes to exciting and crazy stories that happened in their lives,as well as the great information they provide on bodybuilding and diet. im not even close to that level yet,maybe in another 5 yrs or so but im not even close now

Thanks for the vote of confidence, gracie.  I really appreciate it.

Hulkotron - on gracie's request, please change all his votes to Grape Ape.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2014, 05:55:18 AM »
The thread's confessors notwithstanding this is largely a cultural thing.  Moderate daily drinking is the norm most places I've been.  According to US standards the entire rest of the world is alcoholic.

I drink almost daily.  Not when I'm too busy or would rather just go to sleep but if I've got time for Getbig or a movie (most days) I'll have a few drinks with my feet up.  Generally two or three beers, wines (non-expensive), or scotch.  Frankly, I'd like to drink more but time of night and not wanting to risk feeling sludgy in the morning sends me to bed.  

And of course I'm drinking alone.  I live alone.  When I go out then I have to drive home so I can't drink.  Wtf you want me to do?  Get married so I can drink scotch and post on Getbig?  I don't think she's gonna let me do that every night!
You should try to go a few weeks without a drink, and see how you feel.

I bet you will have some sort of cravings for alcohol. Then ask yourself why your brain is whispering "I want a drink".

I am not saying you are an alcoholic, but you have gone beyond  the stage of social drinking in my opinion.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »
Can I ask what you do now that replaces drinking? Meaning what ever addiction someone has when they quit it they normally have to fill that void of time with something. I normally just went to a different addiction unfortunately. Now my time is devoted to my family. Especially my granddaughter.
Its funny, I find myself craving desserts or Ice cream more than ever before. Its definitely a void thing.

I just have to show some restraint, and switch my focus to diet and exercise.

Not a bad addiction to switch to.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
Its funny, I find myself craving desserts or Ice cream more than ever before. Its definitely a void thing.

obviously shizzo u know that lifting weights increases endorphins in your body to give u a nice liitle BUZZ, to b honest i lift weights just as much i do for my MOOD as i do for my MUSCLES,i enjoy the feeling i get after a hard workout,its a nice HIGH for me
R

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »
i drink once a month

when i go out with my mates

rest of the time nah
T

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2014, 07:08:23 AM »

I bet you will have some sort of cravings for alcohol. Then ask yourself why your brain is whispering "I want a drink".

I am not saying you are an alcoholic, but you have gone beyond  the stage of social drinking in my opinion.

I find I crave by ritual rather than substance.  If my feet are on the desk and I go internet I feel like I should have a drink.  It's the relaxation thing to do.  If I'm in the workshop or doing pretty much anything other than sitting on my ass and being online then I just don't remember to grab a beer.  Sobriety is really more of an accident of forgetting to drink.

Anyway I just bought a backhoe that'll arrive in a few days so there's one way to forget to come indoors and booze.

PS - I'll fight any man!!!!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2014, 07:20:43 AM »

It's funny you say that. I turned to chocolate when I got off the test. I thought it was a phase but my office drawer looks like Willy Wonka lives in there. I am currently slimming that down and popping a lifesaver mint in my mouth instead. Keep up the great work. Stay strong during the holidays! That will be a test as I am sure you are aware of.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »
It's funny you say that. I turned to chocolate when I got off the test. I thought it was a phase but my office drawer looks like Willy Wonka lives in there. I am currently slimming that down and popping a lifesaver mint in my mouth instead. Keep up the great work. Stay strong during the holidays! That will be a test as I am sure you are aware of.

i was driving back from gym before and this unreal urge came over me to go by the old spot where i used to buy heroin,as fast as the thought came in i blocked it out just as fast and came straight home.fuck that shit man im doing good again and dont wanna go back to that fucking hell again
R

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »

Try not using internet for a week. Try not wanking off for a week. Try to only eat healthy dry crap for a while. Try eating vegetarian.

You will ''crave'' every single one of those sooner or later. Does this mean you have a internet/masturbation/unhealthy food or meat addiction?

Nope, you just like those things.

Step out of this mindstate of problem thinking. If you can't, atleast be so kind and don't bother others too much with it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Quote from: OneMoreRep link=topic=560249.msg7850537#msg7850537 date=1418072039

A well prepared Sangria can be nice too on occasion.

"[size=20pt
1[/size]"

Would luv to share a homemade batch of my most excellent homemade sangria with you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2014, 08:00:55 AM »

Would luv to share a homemade batch of my most excellent homemade sangria with you.

You mean homoed sangria.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »
You mean homoed sangria.

Did you see my excellent work with the quote function 8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
Kevin get your act together!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2014, 08:38:23 AM »
Kevin get your act together!

Are you talking to me?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »

Dude, you're already starting. If AA is working for you, great. Keep it up. But leave their f'n "science" in those depressing, anonymous rooms.

Have you noticed yet how they view the entire world through alcoholic eyes? They are no longer people anymore, who once had drinking problems but moved on; they are now forever alcoholics, who live, work, and succeed (in some cases) in spite of their "illness." Recovery, daily struggle, one day at a time, Bill W's Big Book, higher power, 12 steps, ad nauseum.

Who the fuck wants to exist within such cultishly narrow-minded parameters?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »

Would love to uncork a few bottles of Bitter Creek with you, tape.

Rimstinger

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »
I'm not allowed to drink, last time I got wasted, I shagged the pet dog and took the wife for a walk and forced her to shit on the neighbours grass.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2014, 09:42:03 AM »
Dude, you're already starting. If AA is working for you, great. Keep it up. But leave their f'n "science" in those depressing, anonymous rooms.

Have you noticed yet how they view the entire world through alcoholic eyes? They are no longer people anymore, who once had drinking problems but moved on; they are now forever alcoholics, who live, work, and succeed (in some cases) in spite of their "illness." Recovery, daily struggle, one day at a time, Bill W's Big Book, higher power, 12 steps, ad nauseum.

Who the fuck wants to exist within such cultishly narrow-minded parameters?
You have me all wrong Ugly. I already see that AA is not my thing. Too much god this, god that and higher power talk  I am done once I meet my required number of meetings.

I am just trying to help others out. For a long time I thought my drinking wasnt an issue. Now that hindsight is 20/20, I look back and know I had a problem.

I am not trying to preach by any means.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:01 AM »
I find I crave by ritual rather than substance.  If my feet are on the desk and I go internet I feel like I should have a drink.  It's the relaxation thing to do.  If I'm in the workshop or doing pretty much anything other than sitting on my ass and being online then I just don't remember to grab a beer.  Sobriety is really more of an accident of forgetting to drink.

Anyway I just bought a backhoe that'll arrive in a few days so there's one way to forget to come indoors and booze.

PS - I'll fight any man!!!!
Crave by ritual rather than the substance? That is spot on for me.