Author Topic: Someone please help me with my shoulder pain  (Read 8323 times)

nodeal

• Getbig III
Someone please help me with my shoulder pain
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »
I have pain in my right shoulder. It is becoming progressively worse and starting to really bother me. I noticed it first while doing parallel bar dips. The pain feels deep in my shoulder. Hard to pinpoint exactly where  and i am not good at anatomy but it feels like it's stemming deep from the back of the socket.

I was able to work through the pain and continued doing dips but this just made it worse. I can no longer do parallel bar dips as it hurts too much.

Here's the thing though. Other pressing exercises like shoulder press, bench press, pushups - those exercises dont hurt my shoulder really. HOWEVER, bench press and pushups DO hurt if i keep my elbows tucked in closed to my body. This was surprising to me because i thought elbows tucked in closed to your body was supposed to be proper form for exercises like pushups or bench press.

I jus tried to do pushups now and if i flare my elbows out i feel almost no pain. However if i tuck my elbows in i get that bad pain in the right shoulder and i have to stop. The pain does not occur on the negative portion of the rep, only the positive portion when I push my body up.

Front raises, side laterals, and bent over raises or any rear delt exercise doesnt bother my shoulder. Pulling exercises dont bother it. I just want to get to the bottom of whats causing this pain. I dont want to have this fpr the rest of my life.

Anybody can help me figure this out based on the info i gave? Any questions please ask, i appreciate the help.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Someone please help me with my shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »
A doctor can help.