Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...Unemployment plummets to 5.8%  (Read 8055 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
you can't keep going around saying that the government is lying about everything and that everything they do is a smokescreen or a lie.....this is what leads people in the Tea Party to get crazy

Then fucking prove they aren't! Keep pumping free money into the stock market and rates at 0%, wow what a surprise the stock market is up. All the secretive BS, spying, and the list goes on. Your either a politician or on the ./gov tit..............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Okenyacare = Romneycare 8)

come on, that's mean.  It's not like that idiot Gruber wrote them both.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
looking at it from a strictly better or worse scenario...its better..

Unemployment way down
It took over 5 years, labor participation rate is at 92 million and the true UE is 11.5-12%..not 5.8

Wall Street booming with record profits
Has little to nothing to do with the economy

Banks are regulated again, stable and profitable
Big deal....pummeling their customers with hidden fees and zero interest rates on most regular accounts

Auto companies DID NOT go out of business and are profitiable as well
They still owe bond holders billions

About 10 million more medically insured under Obamacare  (with more to come)
Last I heard almost 60-65% opposed it. People are getting raped with exorbitant premiums that were promised that would go down. It's a f.ucking disaster. See Gruber.

Gas prices way down and under $2 in some places (who thought we'd ever see that again)
What went up to cover the cost of fuel going down?

United States self sufficient in oil and gas (who thought that would ever happen)
WTF are you talking about? It wasn't that long that Obama stated that Brazil was going to be our best friend

Al Qaeda on the run and neutralized as a threat
They're ISIS..wake the fuck up. They haven't slowed since he launched a few bomb attacks to empty buildings ::)

Medical costs declining (maybe first time in in recent history)
Bullshit..see Obamacare
All jobs lost during the Great Recession regained
LOL..

THE BAD:
National Debt has increased tremendously
Race relations are probably worse
Student loan crisis
Political Gridlock in Washington

overall gotta say that Obama comes out on top

I've came to the absolute conclusion that you're delusional.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace

Refute the points

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Refute the points

I did. Read my answers under what he nonsense he posted.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Then fucking prove they aren't! Keep pumping free money into the stock market and rates at 0%, wow what a surprise the stock market is up. All the secretive BS, spying, and the list goes on. Your either a politician or on the ./gov tit..............

;D ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

not delusional....is there ANYTHING on that list that you can reasonably dispute????????????????...and as you can see I even put in the negatives...I'm not an apologist for Obama...I simply think that all presidents share in where we have come to today...they ALL had a part in it..

most of your refutations have nothing to do with Obama.....I agree with you in terms of bank fees...but thats been happening for years...why is that Obama's fault?.....it seems to me that for all of you conservative idiots on here, Obama has become your idealized father......you expect him to operform miracles, have the answer to eveerything, and protect you from being hurt in any way...and when that doesn't happen you blame him for everything, meanwhile don't give him credit for nothing...all of your counterpoints are just grasping at straws and are absoulutely wrong

CRYBABY BEHAVIOR ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
regardless of holiday jobs.....5.8% is way way way down from the high of almost 10%...a few more percentage points and we will be at full employment..but you won't give Obama credit for that will you?

Why would he give Obama credit for failing to do in 6 years what he was supposed to do in three?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Why would he give Obama credit for failing to do in 6 years what he was supposed to do in three?

He had to do it on his iown...with ABSOLUTELY NO REPUBLICAN HELP...and who said it had to be done in three years?????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He had to do it on his iown...with ABSOLUTELY NO REPUBLICAN HELP...and who said it had to be done in three years?????

What exactly did obama do in your warped mind

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
What exactly did obama do in your warped mind

you already know.......all the good stuff that you deny

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

HE SAID IT, or did you forget that part?

The Dems ran the whole show during his first two years. That's how we got Obamacare, remember?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
HE SAID IT, or did you forget that part?

The Dems ran the whole show during his first two years. That's how we got Obamacare, remember?

and I guess you do everything you say you're going to do in the time you say you going to do it huh wiseguy?..some things take a little longer..he got it done....so go cry

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
*shaking head @ andreisdaman lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
and I guess you do everything you say you're going to do in the time you say you going to do it huh wiseguy?..some things take a little longer..he got it done....so go cry

Most of the time I do, especially when I have all the tools at my disposal to get it done. I don't blame ATMs, airport kiosks, Arab Springs, or radio talkshow hosts for my failures.

And, NO, he didn't get it done. Unemployment, even with all the numbers fudging, still ain't at 5%. Gitmo is wide open, nearly 5 years after he said it'd be closed.

He didn't do his amnesty law, when he had an unstoppable majority in both Houses of Congress (amnesty-backing Latinos have called him out on that repeatedly).

He hiked taxes on the middle class, via ObamaCare. BTW, Obama didn't have Republican help on ObamaCare; yet it got passed.

And, that's just the short list.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

Most of the time I do, especially when I have all the tools at my disposal to get it done. I don't blame ATMs, airport kiosks, Arab Springs, or radio talkshow hosts for my failures.

And, NO, he didn't get it done. Unemployment, even with all the numbers fudging, still ain't at 5%. Gitmo is wide open, nearly 5 years after he said it'd be closed.

He didn't do his amnesty law, when he had an unstoppable majority in both Houses of Congress (amnesty-backing Latinos have called him out on that repeatedly).

He hiked taxes on the middle class, via ObamaCare. BTW, Obama didn't have Republican help on ObamaCare; yet it got passed.

And, that's just the short list.

sigh..... keep grasping at straws if it makes you happy...still drinking that orange cell tech in very high quantities I see

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
sigh..... keep grasping at straws if it makes you happy...still drinking that orange cell tech in very high quantities I see

Even though you're delusional, you're persistant.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Even though you're delusional, you're persistant.

;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

What straws? I pointed out SPECIFIC things that Obama said he would do but didn't, despite having the time and political muscle to get it done. So all you're left to do is talk about one of the worst tasting product ever created.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
What straws? I pointed out SPECIFIC things that Obama said he would do but didn't, despite having the time and political muscle to get it done. So all you're left to do is talk about one of the worst tasting product ever created.

Even though Obama had a majority in his first two years, major legislation takes taime , energy, and effort...you can only pass one major piece of legislation at a time......he focused on the ACA....you should know by now that politicians can't focus long enough to get multiple bills done ;)

As for the taste  of the orange Cell-Tech...I agree with you :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Even though Obama had a majority in his first two years, major legislation takes taime , energy, and effort...you can only pass one major piece of legislation at a time......he focused on the ACA....you should know by now that politicians can't focus long enough to get multiple bills done ;)

As for the taste  of the orange Cell-Tech...I agree with you :)

How much are you paid to write this nonsense.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://www.vox.com/2015/1/29/7938229/obama-economic-plan-chart

One chart that explains Obama’s new economic plan

President Barack Obama's 2015 State of the Union was different than all his other State of the Unions. Obama, for the first time, offered an economic plan that wasn't really about unemployment. And if you want to know why, look at the chart above.

The graph comes from the Economic Policy Institute, and it outlines one of the stranger facets of the recovery. Unemployment has fallen to normal levels — 5.6 percent unemployment was routine in, say, 1995, a year that few remember as some sort of labor market hellscape. But the fall in unemployment isn't just driven by people getting jobs. It's also driven by workers disappearing from the labor market.

The unemployment rate doesn't include everyone without a job. It only counts people who don't have a job and have looked for a new one in the last four weeks. If you don't have a job and, for whatever reason, haven't looked for a new one in the last four weeks, you're not counted as unemployed. And that's a big part of what's brought the unemployment rate down: millions of workers who lost their jobs have stopped looking for new ones.

The measure you want to track here is "labor-force participation": the percentage of the adult population (excluding people in the military, prisons, mental hospitals, and nursing homes) that's either working or looking for work. When Obama took office, it was 65.7 percent. In December, it was 62.7 percent. That's a sharp drop.

There are good reasons for the participation rate to fall. Retirement, for example, reduces labor-force participation, and that's fine — we don't want people to have to work until the day they die. And with the Baby Boomers hitting retirement age, we knew that labor-force participation was going to fall during Obama's presidency — much as it fell during George W. Bush's presidency.

But there are bad reasons for people to be leaving the labor force, too. Being unable to find a job for months on end, despite sending out hundreds of resumes, is a bad reason. Being unable to find a job that pays enough for child care and your bus commute is a bad reason. We should worry about people who drop out of the labor force for those reasons just like we worry about the unemployed.

So to get a solid picture of the labor market right now, you have to do more than look at the unemployment rate. You have to do more than look at the labor-force participation rate, too. You also have to make a judgment about how much of the participation drop comes from demographic factors like aging, and how much is unemployment or underemployment in disguise.

The White House's Council of Economic Advisers took a go at this last summer: they concluded that roughly half the fall in labor force participation was to be expected, and the other half was partly "a cyclical decline in line with historical patterns in previous recessions" and partly "other factors, which may include trends that pre-date the Great Recession and consequences of the unique severity of the Great Recession."

The folks at the Economic Policy Institute also came up with a clever way to do try to tease out the numbers. They unearthed a Bureau of Labor Statistic paper from 2007 — so, from before the recession — called "Labor Force Projections to 2016: More Workers in Their Golden Years". The study included a projection of labor-force participation until, well, 2016. Obviously, in 2007, the BLS didn't know we were about to face the biggest recession in 80 years. This makes their predictions a good proxy for what would have happened to labor force participation without the downturn. EPI compared the BLS predictions to the actual numbers, figuring the difference is attributable to the recession.

Like any projection, the BLS paper might have been wrong. Perhaps labor force participation was always going to fall faster than the BLS thought. But if you take it as a benchmark, the results are devastating: it shows six million workers missing from the labor force. If they were all actively looking for jobs today, the unemployment rate would be 9.1 percent — and no one would be talking about a recovery.

A complicated problem

Unemployment is a straightforward problem: it's people who want jobs but can't find them. Labor force participation is more complicated. Some of those six million missing workers are people who want jobs and have been so thoroughly discouraged trying to find them that they've given up. Some are students in college or grad school. Some are people who can't find a job that pays enough to offset the costs of transportation and child care. Some are members of families that got used to having only one income during the recession and now find it hard to go back.

No one — including the Obama administration — doubts that a big part of the problem here is too few jobs. But now that the economy is beginning to add jobs at a rapid clip, the White House is turning to the other side of the problem: many of the jobs on offer don't pay much, and certainly not enough to pull people back into the labor force. And this, in turn, is part of a longer-term problem in the economy: lower-skill workers haven't gotten a real raise in decades.

If you read the White House's new economic proposals closely, you see them trying to do two things: make jobs pay more by raising the minimum wage and offering various tax credits to workers, and make workers more valuable to employers by making it cheaper for them to go to college. This isn't an agenda that directly tries to create jobs so much as it's an agenda that tries to make the jobs that already exist more valuable to workers, and the workers that already exist more valuable to employers.

Solving this problem matters, and not just for the affected workers. This week, the Congressional Budget Office projected that deficits were going to grow faster than expected because the economy was going to grow more slowly than expected. And part of the reason they think America is going to grow more slowly in the coming years is fewer people are in the workforce.

"This is a very, very big deal," says Jared Bernstein, senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and a former White House economist. "Maybe the biggest deal. It’s not just that we want people to get back into the job market because it would improve their living standards. It’s also because the economy depends on it."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
This above...good read

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
d