Author Topic: Long distance relationships: Doomed to fail?  (Read 10615 times)

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
Long distance relationships: Doomed to fail?
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:35:42 AM »
No exceptions, right?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Long distance relationships: Doomed to fail?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:37:57 AM »
Unless you are a pro and your partner is a schmoe.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:58 AM »
yup.  The love of my life move away to college, I would go visit her, she'd come visit me but as time went on it was too hard to be constantly apart.  We mutually split but years later its the one I still can't get over.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
yup.  The love of my life move away to college, I would go visit her, she'd come visit me but as time went on it was too hard to be constantly apart.  We mutually split but years later its the one I still can't get over.

:-\

Seems to always be the ones that could work the best if they lived near

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:47:59 AM »

Maybe she feels the same way. Call her.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
No exceptions, right?

Correct.  The whole point of being together is to be together; otherwise you are just having an affair--which may be fine.  But do not think that you are having a relationship. Bah!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:33 AM »
If both really love each other then it can work.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »

PM me, broskie. Lets talk about your emotions.
X

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:14:07 AM »
No exceptions, right?

yep, I did that shit for about 3-4 years. Trust me, it is guaranteed to fail, in the end you wish that you had ended it sooner...just a lot of wasted time

Agree to be friends and "let's see what the future holds"... translation... when we are the same city let's fuck, no commitment.

post up a pic of her  body, let the lads see what all of the fuss is about.
I

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
Yup. BTDT. FAIL.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »
Maybe she feels the same way. Call her.

We met up a few years later as I was travelling a lot for work and had to go to her city.  I called her up and we spent the weekend together.  She explained how hard it was for her.  She was a mess for months so it made both of us feel better but we also agreed that we both of our lives are on different paths in different cities.  We still chat every now and then, but it still breaks my heart.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »
We met up a few years later as I was travelling a lot for work and had to go to her city.  I called her up and we spent the weekend together.  She explained how hard it was for her.  She was a mess for months so it made both of us feel better but we also agreed that we both of our lives are on different paths in different cities.  We still chat every now and then, but it still breaks my heart.

Here are two good quotes that are related to your experience.

"I do my thing and you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I,
and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped."

"Star Friendship.  We were friends, and have become strangers to each other.  But perhaps this is as it ought to be - and we do not want either to conceal or obscure the fact as if we had to be ashamed.  We are two ships each of which has its own goal and course.  Our paths may cross and we may celebrate a feast together, as we did – and then the good ships rested so quietly in one harbor and in one sunshine that it may have looked as if they had reached their goal and as if they had but one goal.  But then the almighty force of our tasks drove us apart again into different seas and sunny zones.  Perhaps we shall never see one another again, or perhaps we may meet again but fail to recognize one another: our exposure to different seas and suns has altered us!  That we had to become strangers to one another is the law above us – by the same token we should also become more sacred to each other and the memory of our former friendship more sacred. There is probably a tremendous but invisible stellar orbit in which our very different ways and goals may be included as small parts of this path,—let us rise up to this thought! But our life is too short and our power of vision too small for us to be more than friends in the sense of this sublime possibility.— Let us then believe in our star friendship even if we should be compelled to be earth enemies."
X

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 08:26:58 AM »
i had a love affair going on with a women from jamaica back in 95,it was really hard.she was here on vacation when i met her in a night club and fucked her in her sisters house that night,she came here to live after 6 months cause she wanted me to marry her :o i promised her i would marry her and kept fucking her,the morning i was supposed to buy wedding rings i jumped in my car and never went back,i felt bad
R

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:04 AM »
We met up a few years later as I was travelling a lot for work and had to go to her city.  I called her up and we spent the weekend together.  She explained how hard it was for her.  She was a mess for months so it made both of us feel better but we also agreed that we both of our lives are on different paths in different cities.  We still chat every now and then, but it still breaks my heart.

I know that feel...

Who initiated the split first?

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
With todays technology you can stay very close. Whether it is Skype or Facetime, voice texting, you name it. You can stay connected for those times you cannot be face to face. Think of this as a test of your relationship. If you guys can stay together through this you can probably clear any hurdle. Good luck to you both.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
i had a love affair going on with a women from jamaica back in 95,it was really hard.she was here on vacation when i met her in a night club and fucked her in her sisters house that night,she came here to live after 6 months cause she wanted me to marry her :o i promised her i would marry her and kept fucking her,the morning i was supposed to buy wedding rings i jumped in my car and never went back,i felt bad

You bastrd.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
Heh, Gracie is one of my favorite posters on the board  ;D

yep, I did that shit for about 3-4 years. Trust me, it is guaranteed to fail, in the end you wish that you had ended it sooner...just a lot of wasted time

Agree to be friends and "let's see what the future holds"... translation... when we are the same city let's fuck, no commitment.

post up a pic of her  body, let the lads see what all of the fuss is about.

I'll try to get a good one. Conservative girl though, doesn't like to show off her bod. But she has lovely hooters, although not as hypnotizing as your avatar.

Thanks for the kind words, gym, and while I like to take the attitude that goes against the grain and say 'well, I'll go against the grain and be the success story', much like has been said here, looks like its heading down the usual road. Its even worse if theres an argument or issue. The distance seems to amplify it times 10.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:41 AM »
It's unbelievable how soft this place had gotten. 

You guys taking your anti-e's?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:53 AM »
I know that feel...

Who initiated the split first?

We were on the phone and I sort of brought it up she went silent, and litteraly just sat on the phone for 10 minutes of silence before she said anything and agreed that she wanted me there, I wanted her here and that it was just too hard.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »

I shit my pants when I typed my reply, do I still fall into the soft category?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 08:53:16 AM »
We were on the phone and I sort of brought it up she went silent, and litteraly just sat on the phone for 10 minutes of silence before she said anything and agreed that she wanted me there, I wanted her here and that it was just too hard.

Yeah... quite a similar experience to the one I had. Not exactly like that, but similar. I guess it's a perfect relathionshiop, when it ends before the "routine" and other negative stuff settles in, in a "honey moon" phase.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »

people get older, mature, etc. Someones beliefs when they joined in 2006, will not necessarily be the same in 2015. Shit, that is almost 10 years.
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:55:03 AM »
We met up a few years later as I was travelling a lot for work and had to go to her city.  I called her up and we spent the weekend together.  She explained how hard it was for her.  She was a mess for months so it made both of us feel better but we also agreed that we both of our lives are on different paths in different cities.  We still chat every now and then, but it still breaks my heart.

White Devil, life's too short.  Go get that woman and marry her.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »
My son has been in a LDR with this girl he met from Maryland for about 6 years now. They've visited back and forth a few times and broke up twice, but they're back together, and seem to be pretty solid. I'm amazed that they have kept it going for so long. If it wasn't for modern technology, I don't think it would be possible.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
White Devil, life's too short.  Go get that woman and marry her.