Author Topic: First Semester done!  (Read 3399 times)

Sophus

• Getbig IV
Re: First Semester done!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
worthless thread without cock pics

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
Good work on finishing up your first semester.

I think we have one or two more Psychology Doctors here.

"1"

Dunno about Doctors, but we've got a shit load of headcases who need to be sectioned!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
I think that we need a few more for this crew.
Pretty sure it wouldn`t make a difference.  :)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »
Good work on finishing up your first semester.

I think we have one or two more Psychology Doctors here.

"1"

only Psychiatrists are "doctors"....unless you mean PHD, not MD

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
worthless thread without cock pics

Exactly.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »
Self study (A+ (got that CompTIA cert 1st), then Novell networking (got a cert) (This was in 1995).
Got a job in my company by getting into their Novell Admin console, changing the managers password before my interview.
When I told him to login and it was changed with a password I had set for him, he hired me.
1st project was to upgrade 500 PC's from WIN 3.11 to WIN 95. (That was fun, good early experience).
Then got into Exchange, did some upgrades for the company. Did that for them until year 2000.
Went to a startup as network admin / exchange admin. We were bought right away by Motorola. (Did my CCNA, and CCNP-Self study, got the certs).
Then Google bought MOTO a few years back, had to convert to all new global network, year long stress-ridden project. Right after that, Google sold us to Arris, another year long stress-ridden project.

Went and got CompTIA Security+ just to have). Oh ya, got my MCSE (NT 4.0 during that 1st job in 1996).

So teh certs and hands on were great for my career. However, I think its just burnout to this point. When kids are done with college, my goal is to either contract and get contracts as I please, or maybe go back to a less stressful thing like desktop support. (Not the same money, but everything will be paid off, house already is, and trying to do the college without loans.).

Its been very good financially, like any job, change is always good... Burnt out...
Hey, thanks!!! That's all good advice. Or "advices" as "ah-nallld: would say. :)
X

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
If I recall in another post you're older than me, 54 I believe? I wish I had that kind of time. Good for you. I envy that.

but doesn't one have to be somewhat bright to get into a program of higher learning?  :-\

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
Of my Doctoral program in Clinical Forensic Psychology. Ended up with a 94.8% and a 3.82 GPA since one class that I got a perfect 100% in was graded P/ NP. Highest scores in class on several major papers. Not bad for a first semester after 11 years out of school.

Congratulations.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 08:31:32 PM »
but doesn't one have to be somewhat bright to get into a program of higher learning?  :-\
Is Everest College considered higher learning? The commercials are annoying! lol
X

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
only Psychiatrists are "doctors"....unless you mean PHD, not MD

That's not true.

You're assuming that the term "doctor" is exclusive in some way to medical doctors.

A person with a Doctorate, say a Juris Doctor (JD) is a Doctor of Law, just like a Medical Doctor is a Doctor of medicine. An MD has no exclusivity right to the term "Doctor".

You can be both a psychologist and a psychiatrist and in both cases are a Doctor. A Doctorate in Psychology, makes you a Doctor of Psychology. A Psychiatrist is a Medical Doctor that did a residency in psychiatry.

In my opinion, if anyone has the ultimate right to be called a "Doctor", it's actually the PhD'er.

The title of "Doctor" comes from the Latin word that means "teacher".

A Medical Doctor practices (doesn't teach) medicine, hence why he is called a Physician.

When it comes to being a "teacher", PhD'ers are usually those that advance our knowledge in the various disciplines of academia and science. They are the ones that "teach" us new things, whereby the medical doctors (or physicians) simply apply the knowledge provided by those "teachers".

"1"

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
I think he meant that you have to be a Dr. first.. in order to be a head shrink  ;D
X