Author Topic: Why George W. Bush Never Left The White House Until The Day After Christmas  (Read 13923 times)

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/25/why-george-w-bush-never-left-d-c-until-the-day-after-christmas/

"We never left Washington, D.C., until the day after Christmas. Never. Mr. Bush and his wife, Laura, would always depart the White House a few days before the holiday and hunker down at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland,”

“I still remember what she said,” Curl wrote. “’So all of us can be with our families on Christmas.’”

“Who was ‘us’? Hundreds and hundreds of people, that’s who. Sure, the reporters who covered the president, but also dozens and dozens on his staff, 100 Secret Service agents, maybe more, and all of those city cops required whenever the president’s on the move in D.C.,” Curl added in his column.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
George W Bush wins again.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Legit!
Mr. AZ 2003

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
These libs are forced to spend time at a Hawaiian resort, how brutal  ::)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
George rules, Obama admin are tools...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
George rules, Obama admin are tools...

I actually respect much of the character of GW Bush.
I'd rather go to a game with Bush then Obama.
Jimmy Carter was one of the most decent, honorable to serve as President but he was ineffective in that job.

GW Bush wasn't an effective President and economy tanked under his watch.
Before Bush left office the Dow Jones avg was half of what it is today.
Gas prices soared to double what they right now.

Bush seems like a good dude and I like him as a person more then Obama.
BUT, when you look at all the hard data, Bush was NOT a very effective President.

To use a BB example, I met Dexter a few times over the years at various shows and expos.
He always came across as this aloof, douchebag who didn't enjoy interacting with fans like me.
Plenty of other lower placing pros were really cool guys and I enjoyed my 2 min time spent meeting them.
I'd much rather workout with Bob Chick then Dexter Jackson for example

Obama like Dexter can seem like a douchebag , but his actual contest record is impressive.

bradistani

• Getbig V
yuletide agoraphobia ???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Jimmy Carter was one of the most decent, honorable to serve as President but he was ineffective in that job.

BUT, when you look at all the hard data, Bush was NOT a very effective President.

To use a BB example, I met Dexter a few times over the years at various shows and expos.
He always came across as this aloof, douchebag who didn't enjoy interacting with fans like me.
Plenty of other lower placing pros were really cool guys and I enjoyed my 2 min time spent meeting them.

Obama like Dexter can seem like a douchebag , but his actual contest record is impressive.

Good point

tonymctones

• Getbig V

depends on what you consider "hard data".

Bush didnt really do anything to sink the economy. There wasnt much anyone could do at that point in time to side step the impending shit storm.

Bush's actions after the collapse actually saved the economy a lot more pain and suffering.

what actions do you think obama has taken to take the DOW or SP to all time heights?
What actions do you think bush took to cut them?

youandme

• Getbig V

Dow isn't indicative of economic health. Check the unemployment rate, welfare programs, and population that has left the workforce entirely.

Oil prices have skyrocketed under the Obama administration. Obama refuses US development, implements restrictive regulation controls for fracing, and does not have a long term plan for energy infrastructure in the US. In fact he has invested government money in failed bankrupt energy alternative businesses. To sum things up, the low prices of today are the result of market driven forces and are not the result of any Obama policy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Why George W. Bush Never Left The White House Until The Day After Christmas
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 08:23:39 AM »
Good point
LMFAO Howard when you have this uneducated idiot agreeing with you, its usually a bad thing....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »
They're all lying bastards and none of them give a fuck about you.  Comparing presidents is like debating which of the devil's horns is shorter.  Representative democracy is a sham.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
They're all lying bastards and none of them give a fuck about you.  Comparing presidents is like debating which of the devil's horns is shorter.  Representative democracy is a sham.

X1000

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 09:07:10 AM »
Dow isn't indicative of economic health. Check the unemployment rate, welfare programs, and population that has left the workforce entirely.

Oil prices have skyrocketed under the Obama administration. Obama refuses US development, implements restrictive regulation controls for fracing, and does not have a long term plan for energy infrastructure in the US. In fact he has invested government money in failed bankrupt energy alternative businesses. To sum things up, the low prices of today are the result of market driven forces and are not the result of any Obama policy.

Low oil prices now, are the result of Saudi Arabia increasing their oil output. No other reason. Why they did it is simple. Earlier in the year they sold off their oil related shares of stock. Now, because of their actions, both the price of oil and oil related stocks have tanked. So they are buying up oil related stocks right now, and when they cut their oil production again, their oil and oil related stocks go up in price considerably, as in hundreds of billions of US dollars, over night. Win win situation for the Saudis, as it is totally under their control. Their timing is good for Obama, too. Lower gas prices make him look good. It pays for an American President to bow to the King of Saudi Arabia, if that President lacks any integrity and/or self respect.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 09:16:13 AM »
George Bush is a legendary artist - too bad he had to delve into politics due to internal, paternal pressure.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
It's still early in the 21st century but bushcheney are still holding the lead in the race for "Biggest mass murderers of the Century." 

Will they win the title? Stay tuned people...
a

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »
LMFAO Howard when you have this uneducated idiot agreeing with you, its usually a bad thing....
he said something that was true and I conceded to the point he made......thinking you know everything is not good...it turns people off....especially when you are consistently wrong like you are....

in Buddhism we have a saying:

"A fool who does not know that he is a fool is certainly a fool...but a fool who knows he is a fool is a wise man indeed"

sounds like you

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
depends on what you consider "hard data".

Bush didnt really do anything to sink the economy. There wasnt much anyone could do at that point in time to side step the impending shit storm.

Bush's actions after the collapse actually saved the economy a lot more pain and suffering.

what actions do you think obama has taken to take the DOW or SP to all time heights?
What actions do you think bush took to cut them?

Yep... I'm in 100% agreement..... Bush tried to put th brakes on the GSE's that were instrumental in creating the housing bubble, but he was rebuffed by Barney Fwank and the rest of Congress.  It was probably too late even by then, though...

Although there are some who think mark to market accounting turned the housing bubble from a problem into a nuclear explosion

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Dumb fucks forgetting history and what a total disaster bush was. Love how people are deflecting blame from him. Fact is he was a puppet that allowed Cheney and Rumsfeld to do what they wanted

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »
When Bill Clinton left office, the economy was strong, and we weren't involved in an active war.  We weren't great or in a perfect way, but American life was good.....unless you were a Rush Limbaugh sheep.....

In comes GW, and down goes the U.S.  Trying to avenge Daddy's Iraqi fuck up, under the lie of looking for those still to be found WMDs, George "War Criminal" Bush sent many American and Iraqi young men and women to an early grave.....for nothing  Our economy still has not recovered.....and never will, short of a major change to our broken system.

And to the original question?  My guess would be because he was too stupid to find the exit....

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »
Here the problem in it's self, were bushes choices proactive or preactive leading up to and after the bank and housing bust. Was it due to the Feds and inflation or not engough regulation by congress? Was it from bush era policies or Clintons? The Goverment is so complex it's very hard to pinpoint.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »

Are you suggesting Obama has an impressive record as President?  What do you find most impressive about him?

1. An inflated stock market from repeated QE programs that don't work and will lead to an inevitable crash.

2. His lies about Obama Care designed the fleece Americans and raise their premiums.

3. His signing of the National Defense Authorization Act allowing the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process.

4. His increasing of the national debt from $10.626 trillion to over $18 trillion and counting.

5. Over 47 million Americans on the food stamp program, with 50% of the population on some form of social assistance.

6. The lowest labor participation rate since 1978.

7. His penchant for coffee cup salutes.

On second thought, he has been busy hasn't he?  Just like all the other empty suit con artists that were in office before him.  Things keep going, you'll be begging to have Jimmy Carter back.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 02:07:59 PM »

You could argue that for 2001.   He inherited a lot of CLinton shit then 9/11 happened.

The 2007/2008 collapsing - that was the USA after 6 years of Bush policy.  He gets credit/blame.

Obama is 6 years into his presidency.  He's doing fine now, things improving BUT if we face another huge recession in the next 25 months that Obama is in office, it'll be Obama to blame.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 02:37:51 PM »
You could argue that for 2001.   He inherited a lot of CLinton shit then 9/11 happened.

The 2007/2008 collapsing - that was the USA after 6 years of Bush policy.  He gets credit/blame.

Obama is 6 years into his presidency.  He's doing fine now, things improving BUT if we face another huge recession in the next 25 months that Obama is in office, it'll be Obama to blame.
lmfao ok what did bush to do cause the collapse?

he said something that was true and I conceded to the point he made......thinking you know everything is not good...it turns people off....especially when you are consistently wrong like you are....

in Buddhism we have a saying:

"A fool who does not know that he is a fool is certainly a fool...but a fool who knows he is a fool is a wise man indeed"

sounds like you
andre, you can chime in too. What did bush do to cause the collapse?

what could he have done to prevent it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
lmfao ok what did bush to do cause the collapse?
andre, you can chime in too. What did bush do to cause the collapse?

???  Dude, once a president is 6 years into office, the state of the economy is THEIR credit, or their blame.

They have veto power (which he never chose to use on any spending in his presidency, rubber stamping them all)

Here are 5 pretty good reasons we can credit/blame bush for the collapse - Imagine the better shape 2008 would have been if Bush would have helped homeowners AND NOT THE BANKS.  Imagine if he regulated that bullshit house of cards that lehman and others were giving the financial world.  imagine if he had made the 2 wars smaller - OR ACCEPTED HELP FROM OTHER COUNTRIES (he wouldn't relinquish control).   See, the "saving banks, letting homeowners sink in an unregulated banking industry" alone should be enough for your to agree.

1. Deregulated Wall Street: It was a great time to be a Wall Street executive during the Bush administration. Sweeping financial deregulation helped build the housing bubble and allowed financial institutions to pursue risky trades unchecked. In fact, Bush eliminated the rules that allowed Wall Street to cause the financial crash that plunged the nation into the Great Recession.
2. Cut Taxes For The Wealthy: The Bush tax cuts — over 50 percent of which benefited the richest 5 percent of American taxpayers — cost about $2.5 trillion over the decade after they were enacted. Ten years later, Bush’s tax cuts are still the main driving factor of the national debt:

3. Ran Up A Tab On Two Wars: The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost the country trillions of dollars. Combined with Bush’s tax cuts, war spending was a main factor in blowing up the deficit and spending the surplus accumulated under Clinton. Lawmakers now use the deficit as an excuse for inaction.

4. Left Homeowners In A Lurch: While Bush was happy to help out the banks in the wake of the housing crisis, he did little to assist struggling homeowners. Hope For Homeowners, Bush’s proposal to assist those struggling with their mortgages, was a colossal failure; in its first six months, it helped just one homeowner renegotiate his mortgage. Many mortgage holders — 15.7 million or, one in three — are still underwater today.

5. Weakened Workers: Bush weakened worker safety regulations and collective bargaining rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Department of Labor throughout his time in office. Today, corporations are back to making record profits, while workers’ incomes are falling.