Author Topic: Black Brunch....hahhah have you guys heard about these retards yet?  (Read 34678 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Black Brunch....hahhah have you guys heard about these retards yet?
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
Yet them targeting 'white spaces' is not that at all ::)

Targeting white spaces

What is that

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
Targeting white spaces

What is that

From the link in the first post in this thread:

In a twist on sit-in-style protests, civil rights activists entered several restaurants in New York City and Oakland, Calif., on Sunday in what organizers billed as “Black Brunch.”

About three dozen people participated in demonstrations in New York, where they momentarily “disrupted” meals at popular midtown eateries, including Lallisse, Maialino and Pershing Square — places protesters identified as predominantly “white spaces.”

http://news.yahoo.com/black-brunch-protests-nyc-berkeley-oakland-190212742.html

Sounds like "racial tribal mentality" to me. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
From the link in the first post in this thread:

In a twist on sit-in-style protests, civil rights activists entered several restaurants in New York City and Oakland, Calif., on Sunday in what organizers billed as “Black Brunch.”

About three dozen people participated in demonstrations in New York, where they momentarily “disrupted” meals at popular midtown eateries, including Lallisse, Maialino and Pershing Square — places protesters identified as predominantly “white spaces.”

http://news.yahoo.com/black-brunch-protests-nyc-berkeley-oakland-190212742.html

Sounds like "racial tribal mentality" to me. 

it would...to you

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
it would...to you

"Thank you for the link." 

"No worries." 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »
"Thank you for the link." 

"No worries." 

is this white people doing this in white restaurants?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »

I would cut and paste more of the article, but you aren't too appreciative when I spoon feed you stuff.   :)  Read the story. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »
I would cut and paste more of the article, but you aren't too appreciative when I spoon feed you stuff.   :)  Read the story. 

so yes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

White people are not stupid enough to act like that typically.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »
isnt that a false equivalence
blacks by cops.
Whites by blacks

i swear racial tribal mentality is fucking sickening. Its damn near a mental defect to me. US vs Them...
I understand its been passed down from generation to generation, but in the information age.. you would expect more....

Not exactly.

Assertions are the same:  Innocent people died.

I point out that inexact equivalency because the results are the same.  If some are going to cry out about innocent blacks getting killed by white cops, then why not cry out about innocent whites getting killed by blacks?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »
Because to the typical racist black person - there is no such thing as an innocent white person ever getting killed by a guilty black.

This is why this entire black lives matter thing is a laughable joke.  Honestly - its a complete farce and sham on gullible idiots looking for the cause celeb of the moment.  no different than Occupy Wall street, MoveOn, etc - just a bunch of idiot losers w nothing better to do but collect EBT checks and protest Da man

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »
Not exactly.

Assertions are the same:  Innocent people died.

I point out that inexact equivalency because the results are the same.  If some are going to cry out about innocent blacks getting killed by white cops, then why not cry out about innocent whites getting killed by blacks?

The results aren't the same. Every single time I've seen a white victim/black perpetrator story posted and someone comments "Where's Al Sharpton now? He'd be all over the news if these people were black?" the black perpetrator is ALWAYS in police custody. The issue is not just innocent people of various races getting killed. The issue is that if those people are of certain races, their chances of legal repercussions drop drastically

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
I don't think very many people think the criminal justice system is infallible.  In fact i don't know anyone that actually does.  The system is far from perfect but what's the alternative?  Sure there are people who are innocent that get incarcerated and thats why there is an appeal system also.   Plus advances in science have helped.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with protests.  But to go into restaurants is fucking stupid, unwelcome and should be illegal if it already isn't.  It doesn't help what ever cuase and makes it look like its a way to flee from accountability  

I never defended these people who go into reastaurants and disrupt the environment.....I don't see the purpose.....however I do take issue with all the unarmed black males who are gunned down by police...its a pattern that cant be ignored.....and if people want to protest about it then fine.....I don't feel a police officer should be taken at his word all the time...if the facts back it up then fine.....but if there is a question then it should be looked into...

Here in NY a guy was just released from serving 20 years in jail after being set up by police....it was found that these police officers who were partners were framing people for decades...yet many on this site see the police and infallable..all I'm saying is keep and open mind

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
The results aren't the same. Every single time I've seen a white victim/black perpetrator story posted and someone comments "Where's Al Sharpton now? He'd be all over the news if these people were black?" the black perpetrator is ALWAYS in police custody. The issue is not just innocent people of various races getting killed. The issue is that if those people are of certain races, there chances of legal repercussions drop drastically

much agreed....and I'm not defending Al Sharpton....I do think he is often a race hustler...BUT....people think ol' Al always comes running when there is a black victim/white perpetrator...actually the victims call Al sharpton because they don't feel they are getting a fair shake...so when people say "where's Al Sharpton when its a white victim, if they call him he will come as well...

However, whites don't feel the need to call.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »
much agreed....and I'm not defending Al Sharpton....I do think he is often a race hustler...BUT....people think ol' Al always comes running when there is a black victim/white perpetrator...actually the victims call Al sharpton because they don't feel they are getting a fair shake...so when people say "where's Al Sharpton when its a white victim, if they call him he will come as well...

However, whites don't feel the need to call.

Whites are better counseled to arm themselves and just shoot back.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »
The results aren't the same. Every single time I've seen a white victim/black perpetrator story posted and someone comments "Where's Al Sharpton now? He'd be all over the news if these people were black?" the black perpetrator is ALWAYS in police custody. The issue is not just innocent people of various races getting killed. The issue is that if those people are of certain races, their chances of legal repercussions drop drastically

They both result in an innocent victim, without it there isn't much an issue. 

I don't see their legal repercussions dropping drastically.  Perhaps there is some data you can show as i asked you earlier in the thread.

Is there data on this that indicates this "design"?   If so why do you suppose it's this way?

It would seem to me an area with higher violent crime rates warrant more policing.

There are many neighborhoods I can walk around at night with little worry and there are neighborhoods I would never walk around at night in.

It seems to make better sense to focus police in areas with higher crimes rates.  

I  am  interested in yours or another view on this.  

I don't think I agree much with what you're saying, but I believe I could be just plain naive about it.  I live in the San Francisco Bay area and have spent plenty of time in  "minority neighborhoods" both affluent and poor, white, black, Hispanics and Asian.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
I never defended these people who go into reastaurants and disrupt the environment.....I don't see the purpose.....

cool

however I do take issue with all the unarmed black males who are gunned down by police...its a pattern that cant be ignored.....

Ok show me some data on it.  But the data you show shoudl also include unarmed whites, hispanics etc gunned down by police as well.

.I don't feel a police officer should be taken at his word all the time...if the facts back it up then fine.....but if there is a question then it should be looked into...

This is the core of the Wilson issue IMO.  In the absence of facts and evidence, you only have a person's word.  That absence of enough facts and evidence to go to trail may not be enough to win in court, and maybe not close enough even to have a trial. 

Here in NY a guy was just released from serving 20 years in jail after being set up by police....it was found that these police officers who were partners were framing people for decades...yet many on this site see the police and infallable..all I'm saying is keep and open mind

Don't know anything about this.  What you said here, to me, the peeps saying they are infallible is no different then saying brown was a gentle giant. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2015, 03:00:25 PM »
They both result in an innocent victim, without it there isn't much an issue. 
That doesn't mean that it's the entirety of the issue, though.

I don't see their legal repercussions dropping drastically.  Perhaps there is some data you can show as i asked you earlier in the thread.

Did not see your earlier post. I will put this in another post.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 03:14:36 PM »
Not exactly.

Assertions are the same:  Innocent people died.

I point out that inexact equivalency because the results are the same.  If some are going to cry out about innocent blacks getting killed by white cops, then why not cry out about innocent whites getting killed by blacks?

nope..not so...the assertions are not the same in that we are talking about killings of unarmed civilians by a government representative sanctioned by law and authority....its a different argument.....blacks killing white is reprehensible but its a different argument...and if people want to talk about this topic then why don't people start a thread about it???......

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
White people are not stupid enough to act like that typically.   

your absolute dumbness is amazing

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »
That doesn't mean that it's the entirety of the issue, though.

Agreed

Did not see your earlier post. I will put this in another post.

yeah it got buried  ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »
nope..not so...the assertions are not the same in that we are talking about killings of unarmed civilians by a government representative sanctioned by law and authority....

I disagree because that person is not sanctioned for unlawful or wrongful killing, just as a normal person is.  If a cop pulls a gun and shots a baby for no reason and its caught on 18 video tapes and there are 30 witnesses, is he not going to be charged with murder?

Also, if a cop is found to wrongfully kill someone isn't there repercussions with that also?   And isn't it true that if proven its deliberate or premeditated he can be charged with murder and face trial?

its a different argument.....blacks killing white is reprehensible but its a different argument...and if people want to talk about this topic then why don't people start a thread about it???......
 maybe because we don't see people busting into restaurants reciting a list of whites murdered by blacks?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »
I disagree because that person is not sanctioned for unlawful or wrongful killing, just as a normal person is.  If a cop pulls a gun and shots a baby for no reason and its cough on 18 video tapes and there are 30 witnesses, is he not going to charged with murder?

Also, if a cop is found to wrongfully kill someone isn't there repercussions with that also?   And isn't it true that if proven its deliberate or premeditated he can be charge with murder and face trial?
  maybe because we don't see people busting into restaurants reciting a list of whites murdered by blacks?

I disagree again....the fact of the matter is a policeman is sanctioned by law and authority to take life if necessary....they are armed for that purpose....not just for self defense....

and you are right when you say that if a policeman DOES take a life there are supposed to be repercussions.....and that's what this is about.....there are too many controversial shootings of unarmed black men where there have been no repercussions....no indictment,.... that's the assertion being made by the protesters....and there were a huge amount of mistakes in the Brown investigation....

also let me say that historically whites HAVE formed mobs to protest and lynch innocent blacks and guilty blacks as well.....whites may not do this today by and large but there is a historical basis for such

Brown was a dickhead, no question.....but did he deserve to die for jaywalking???

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
I disagree again....the fact of the matter is a policeman is sanctioned by law and authority to take life if necessary....they are armed for that purpose....not just for self defense....
I disagree that you disagree with me, we actually agree.  they are not allowed take a life indiscriminately

and you are right when you say that if a policeman DOES take a life there are supposed to be repercussions.....and that's what this is about.....there are too many controversial shootings of unarmed black men where there have been no repercussions....no indictment,.... that's the assertion being made by the protesters....and there were a huge amount of mistakes in the Brown investigation....

Which goes back to the core of my argument.  There isn't enough to charge him and may not be enough to show he wrongfully killed Brown.  If they punish him, termination, suspension etc, on not enough evidence or proof he wrongfully shot brown can he not turn around and sue the city for it?   Just because people "feel" it was wrongful doesn't mean is was or wasn't.  Even if there are "mistakes" in the investigation it still comes down to whether or not there is enough evidence to punish or charge him.

I hope you are not trying to tell me that any time a white cop wrongfully shots an unarmed black man they always get off.

also let me say that historically whites HAVE formed mobs to protest and lynch innocent blacks and guilty blacks as well.....whites may not do this today by and large but there is a historical basis for such
 but in restaurants?

Brown was a dickhead, no question.....but did he deserve to die for jaywalking???

So are you saying this for effect?  in ignorance?

Or do you really believe Brown did absolutely nothing but cross the street without a crosswalk and Wilson saw that and shot him?

Seriously Andre, hard to have a good discussion with hyperbole like that.   :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
Is there data on this that indicates this "design"?   If so why do you suppose it's this way?

It would seem to me an area with higher violent crime rates warrant more policing.

There are many neighborhoods I can walk around at night with little worry and there are neighborhoods I would never walk around at night in.

It seems to make better sense to focus police in areas with higher crimes rates.  

I  am  interested in yours or another view on this.  

I don't think I agree much with what you're saying, but I believe I could be just plain naive about it.  I live in the San Francisco Bay area and have spent plenty of time in  "minority neighborhoods" both affluent and poor, white, black, Hispanics and Asian.  

So, this is a topic that has a lot of information and a giant post could easily take up an entire page. Obviously, I welcome discourse and if you are really interested in examining a viewpoint you haven't considered, then this can just unfold conversationally, as opposed to a giant information dump. I have posted a lot of this stuff before.

First things first, poverty rates and crime rates are inextricably linked. That's something I've never denied on here. And the poverty rate among blacks is much higher than for the general population. However, people take these facts and distort them into exaggerations that they take for granted as fact. Even with the higher rates of crime and poverty, black=/= criminal, black =/= poor.  

* Far and away, most black men who are incarcerated are behind bars on a drug charge. Drug incarceration rates and sentences are ridiculous across races. Since 1985, thanks to the war on drugs incarceration levels for drug offenders have swelled from 41,000 to over half a million. Arrest of blacks have  Even though drug charges are ludicrous across races, they disproportionately affect  poor and minorities. Multiple studies, some commissioned by government agencies, have concluded that whites are more likely to sell drugs and use drugs (by percentage, not sheer number) but blacks are exponentially more likely to face legal penalties.