Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 136518 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #625 on: September 16, 2023, 05:00:22 PM »
 :)

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #626 on: September 21, 2023, 07:25:37 AM »
Who says it proves anything? It's an article , take what you want from it.

An article just to keep the "controversy" going. Fact is they were all salty losers. Pearl, Walker, Coe, Zane and especially old meth head.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2023, 06:42:21 AM »
    Funny how they all say Arnold should not have won but none of them can tell you should have won!  ( well Mentzer did but he always said himself. lol. I remember at 16 years old and i was working out at a gym in Toledo Ohio and one day my training partner said he just heard that Arnold had won.  I was excited to see the pictures ( always about 3 months or so after the shows the magazines had pics) And when I got the magazine I remember seeing Arnold and I thought to myself about how bad he looked.  BUT then I seen him with the others and said oh ok he won.  The reason I felt bad was because I expected him to look like ARNOLD.  He of course didn't. BUT he was still better than everyone else but not by a whole lot like he used to be. Even he admitted it. So case closed. Arnold didn't look like Arnold but he didn't have to. He just had to be better than everyone else which he was. The contest was close but he still deserved to win

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2023, 08:48:56 AM »
    Funny how they all say Arnold should not have won but none of them can tell you should have won!  ( well Mentzer did but he always said himself. lol. I remember at 16 years old and i was working out at a gym in Toledo Ohio and one day my training partner said he just heard that Arnold had won.  I was excited to see the pictures ( always about 3 months or so after the shows the magazines had pics) And when I got the magazine I remember seeing Arnold and I thought to myself about how bad he looked.  BUT then I seen him with the others and said oh ok he won.  The reason I felt bad was because I expected him to look like ARNOLD.  He of course didn't. BUT he was still better than everyone else but not by a whole lot like he used to be. Even he admitted it. So case closed. Arnold didn't look like Arnold but he didn't have to. He just had to be better than everyone else which he was. The contest was close but he still deserved to win

Good summary.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2023, 12:30:13 AM »
The good old days when we used to wait months to see contest pics and results. ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #630 on: September 23, 2023, 11:03:26 AM »
The schmoes of yesteryear need to teach the schmoes of today about patience and the excitement of schmoeticipation

PHINFAN

• Getbig II
« Reply #631 on: September 23, 2023, 10:55:53 PM »
I was wondering if you remember the name of the gym in Toledo you worked out at by chance?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #632 on: September 24, 2023, 12:14:02 AM »
Norms footage on the 80 Olympia, he was there and shot some footage.
I used to get together w/ Norm once a year (w/ he and D-Mass).

RIP Norm... What a guy..

i=laiNoAxhIBViWGaT
Norm Hebert ???

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #633 on: September 24, 2023, 12:01:06 PM »

That is exactly why 1980 was,is and will be the most controversial BB contest in history.

Sure people will often say 1981 was worse ... saying either Platz or Padilla should have won it.
or in 2007 V. Martinez was the uncrowned mrO , or Shawn Ray 96' ,Sergio 72' or Nasser 97' ....etc

But when you ask who is the uncrowned 1980 mrO ?

better get your soda and pop corn ready  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Oct4th 1980

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #634 on: September 24, 2023, 12:15:38 PM »

That is exactly why 1980 was,is and will be the most controversial BB contest in history.

Sure people will often say 1981 was worse ... saying either Platz or Padilla should have won it.
or in 2007 V. Martinez was the uncrowned mrO , or Shawn Ray 96' ,Sergio 72' or Nasser 97' ....etc

But when you ask who is the uncrowned 1980 mrO ?

better get your soda and pop corn ready  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Oct4th 1980

There is no uncrowned 1980 Mr olympia. There was only Arnold. He beat them all as he WAS the best that day. The losers like Coe and Zane can cry foul as much as they want but the fact is they could not beat an 80% Arnold. 😆

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #635 on: September 24, 2023, 01:53:40 PM »
There is no uncrowned 1980 Mr olympia. There was only Arnold. He beat them all as he WAS the best that day. The losers like Coe and Zane can cry foul as much as they want but the fact is they could not beat an 80% Arnold. 😆

But Zane did beat Arnold once...

Bloated fake drug muscles, serious bidness!!

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #636 on: September 24, 2023, 01:58:42 PM »
But Zane did beat Arnold once...

Bloated fake drug muscles, serious bidness!!

Only when Arnold wasn't prepared. He wasn't as ripped and did not have a tan in his first encounter with Zane. Arnold learned from his mistakes and went on to beat Zane numerous times. Zane is just another salty loser. Apparently he was heard crying in his room after the contest. So much for the Zen master. 😆

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #637 on: September 24, 2023, 07:33:08 PM »
Only when Arnold wasn't prepared. He wasn't a ripped and did not have a tan in his first encounter with Zane. Arnold learned from his mistakes and went on to beat Zane numerous times. Zane is just another salty loser. Apparently he was heard crying in his room after the contest. So much for the Zen master. 😆

Hahaha! Excellent point! He threw a temper tantrum and broke his trophy. Now, 40 odd years later he says he accidentally knocked it over and it broke accidentally.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #638 on: September 24, 2023, 10:44:08 PM »
Dickerson should have won in 1980 and 81
but not in 82.
Its density, proportions and dryness were ahead of all.
$

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: September 25, 2023, 12:42:38 AM »
but not in 82.
No way they put someone that short over Arnold.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #640 on: September 25, 2023, 01:18:04 AM »
but not in 82.

Dickerson, too short, too small, weird droopy chest, no biceps. Seriously, how was he ever going to dominate over a superior like Arnold?

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #641 on: September 25, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »
 I remember seeing the mags and wondering how the hell dickerson was winning any shows. No symmetry no proportions and so small. Period. That was before I learned he was a fag. Then it made sense.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #642 on: September 25, 2023, 01:36:46 PM »
Dickerson, too short, too small, weird droopy chest, no biceps. Seriously, how was he ever going to dominate over a superior like Arnold?

At the time , All seven judges said Chris had the best legs/calves in the top six....  Platz wasn't even in the conversation back then

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #643 on: September 25, 2023, 02:08:56 PM »
but not in 82.

Yeah Right 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Whatever your smoking - Stop.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #644 on: September 25, 2023, 02:46:09 PM »

Yeah Right 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Whatever your smoking - Stop.

I said the judges felt that way , not me

WoooSHHHHHHHHHH  Oct 4th 1980

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #645 on: September 25, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »

I said the judges felt that way , not me

WoooSHHHHHHHHHH  Oct 4th 1980

Arnold owning gay boy Chris Dick in son.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: September 25, 2023, 05:51:17 PM »
Yep even his quads look better, so what they didn't look like overgrown turnips.
Arnold owning gay boy Chris Dick in son.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: September 26, 2023, 10:50:22 AM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: September 26, 2023, 10:53:50 AM »