Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 136580 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #700 on: October 02, 2023, 06:12:30 AM »
Days after the 1980 Mr. Olympia took place, Top competitor Boyer Coe was asked to watch and inspect the complete footage that was filmed on Sydney; from the arrival of Athletes to Arnold receiving the Sandow trophy on stage while being completely drowned by a massive booing at Opera house ....

Boyer couldn't believe his eyes and told producer " there's no way this can air on national tv! " 

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #701 on: October 02, 2023, 06:19:27 AM »
Arnold went on to controversially win his seventh Olympia title. Crowd favorite Heavy duty legend Mike Mentzer finished fifth. Neither ever competed again!.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHH  Amazon Prime Material   

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2023, 07:02:19 AM »
BDB Padilla Owning Mentzer , Padilla placed out of top ten ....
never complained about Arnold winning.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHh

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #703 on: October 02, 2023, 07:09:44 AM »
There was definitely tv crew filming both on and off stage ......

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHh  can HULU pull it off ?

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #704 on: October 02, 2023, 09:22:59 AM »
FDF Padilla Owning Mentzer , Padilla placed out of top ten ....

WoooSHHHHHHHHHh

How methzer could place 5th with a undeveloped back like that? He should've been placed a lot lower.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #705 on: October 02, 2023, 09:24:35 AM »
There was definitely tv crew filming both on and off stage ......

WooooSHHHHHHHHHHHh  can HULU pull it off ?

Wasn't cbs though. And footage has been released which you can easily find on YT.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #706 on: October 02, 2023, 10:23:39 AM »
Days after the 1980 Mr. Olympia took place, Top competitor Boyer Coe was asked to watch and inspect the complete footage that was filmed on Sydney; from arrival of Athletes to Arnold receiving the Sandow trophy on stage while being completely drowned by a massive booing at Opera house ....

Boyer couldn't believe his eyes and told producer " there's no way this can air on national tv! " 

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So Coe says but most likely BS.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #707 on: October 02, 2023, 08:46:16 PM »
Looks like strydoms.
FDB Padilla Owning Mentzer , Padilla placed out of top ten ....

WoooSHHHHHHHHHh

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #708 on: October 02, 2023, 08:54:22 PM »
There's no way was this can air on national tv!? What Arnold dwarfing Coe himself and everyone else for that matter, schooling them  at only 80%.
Why would a perfect reaction need to be broadcast anyway, it would have no effect on viewership or ratings or piss off the average person watching at home.
Ive heard the booing going on for ages and drowing out cheers was bullshit anyway, there were boos but plenty of cheers too.
Yea there was a film crew there making "the comeback" or "total rebuild".

So Coe says but most likely BS.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #709 on: October 02, 2023, 11:21:38 PM »
There's no way was this can air on national tv!? What Arnold dwarfing Coe himself and everyone else for that matter, schooling them  at only 80%.
Why would a perfect reaction need to be broadcast anyway, it would have no effect on viewership or ratings or piss off the average person watching at home.
Ive heard the booing going on for ages and drowing out cheers was bullshit anyway, there were boos but plenty of cheers too.

No, the booing was loud and lasted for some time. Eventually the audience did applaud Arnold. I had a friend take a movie of the posedown and presentation but he was so excited about Roger Walker that he kept stamping his feet and the film was ruined. I should have the audio, though. Must get the movie from my ex and have it processed. Then I will post the sound track here which should stop all this speculation.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #710 on: October 02, 2023, 11:25:51 PM »
No, the booing was loud and lasted for some time. Eventually the audience did applaud Arnold. I had a friend take a movie of the posedown and presentation but he was so excited about Roger Walker that he kept stamping his feet and the film was ruined. I should have the audio, though. Must get the movie from my ex and have it processed. Then I will post the sound track here which should stop all this speculation.

Sure, a "friend"...

Full homo.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #711 on: October 03, 2023, 12:03:51 AM »
Sure, a "friend"...

Full homo.

No homo here! Geoff Stannard was the guy taking the movie. I was in the row behind taking photos. I even got John Balik a seat beside me for the finals.

I believe the booing was because the audience favoured Chris Dickerson who gave an artistic presentation. Arnold was popular in Australia and this is the first time

he was booed. The MC interviewed Arnold but the crowd kept booing. Eventually the booing stopped and applause emerged for Arnold.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #712 on: October 03, 2023, 12:08:17 AM »
Some people were booing like at most contests. Had Dickerson won different people in the crowd would have been booing. The video shows most cheering after the decision.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #713 on: October 03, 2023, 12:15:32 AM »
Some people were booing like at most contests. Had Dickerson won different people in the crowd would have been booing. The video shows most cheering after the decision.

The video was edited to remove most of the booing. Like I said I have the audio recording. Will have it restored so we can listen to it and end this silly discussion.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2023, 12:27:31 AM »
The video was edited to remove most of the booing. Like I said I have the audio recording. Will have it restored so we can listen to it and end this silly discussion.
You can actually see the majority cheering in the film. You couldn't edit that in 1980.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #715 on: October 03, 2023, 12:50:23 AM »
Yea i remember seeing that.  Vinces story is the one i remember though that booing eventually changed to cheering.
You can actually see the majority cheering in the film. You couldn't edit that in 1980.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #716 on: October 03, 2023, 03:05:41 PM »

The total Rebuild " made no sense as only featured Arnold making comments days after the contest was over, him being already back in USA , and Tom Platz who wasn't even top ten in the contest lol .....

All the real footage of actual contest with Bill pearl as commentator interviewing contestants both during and after contest has never been released.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #717 on: October 04, 2023, 11:31:28 AM »
The total Rebuild " made no sense as only featured Arnold making comments days after the contest was over, him being already back in USA , and Tom Platz who wasn't even top ten in the contest lol .....

All the real footage of actual contest with Bill pearl as commentator interviewing contestants both during and after contest has never been released.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wasn't cbs though.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #718 on: October 04, 2023, 02:57:47 PM »

During the editing, You can pretty much pick and choose cheering and applause from other segments of the film prior the results, according to Zane,Coe,Duval, Mentzer,Dickerson etc ...that's what happened.

The Total Rebuilt was a joke  ... And none of competitors wanted part in it ...besides Banout, Platz and Padilla who at the time weren't as relevant.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #719 on: October 04, 2023, 02:58:54 PM »
Wasn't cbs though.

yes it was .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #720 on: October 04, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
yes it was .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nope. Never there.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #721 on: October 04, 2023, 06:04:35 PM »
So who really knows or can confirm CBS presence? I see plenty online regarding yet not one photo of them ever being there. None of the TV crews nor the cameras have any identifying CBS logos that would otherwise be present
h

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #722 on: October 05, 2023, 03:33:02 AM »
So who really knows or can confirm CBS presence? I see plenty online regarding yet not one photo of them ever being there. None of the TV crews nor the cameras have any identifying CBS logos that would otherwise be present
It donīt matter ...Arnold never really won  :D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #723 on: October 05, 2023, 10:41:20 AM »
It donīt matter ...Arnold never really won  :D

1980 Olympia results

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. Chris Dick in Son
3. Frank Zane
4. Boyer Coe

So yeah, Arnold really won. 😁😆😅🤣😂

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #724 on: October 05, 2023, 10:42:06 AM »

Exactly. Even Cbs have never confirmed it.