Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 136516 times)

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #825 on: November 22, 2023, 12:42:05 AM »
8)

Exactly. Arnold's bowling ball bicep superior to Coe's peanut sized bicep. Just goes to show Arnold was the best that night. Nothing is ever going to change that fact.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #826 on: November 22, 2023, 01:15:18 AM »
Exactly. Arnold's bowling bowl bicep superior to Coe's peanut sized bicep. Just goes to show Arnold was the best that night. Nothing is ever going to change that fact.

ball/bowl.  look into it. 

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #827 on: November 22, 2023, 01:23:57 AM »

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #828 on: November 22, 2023, 05:47:14 AM »
Exactly. Arnold's bowling ball bicep superior to Coe's peanut sized bicep. Just goes to show Arnold was the best that night. Nothing is ever going to change that fact.

It takes a lot of confidence to hit that pose next to Arnold lol  ....  it goes to show you they all thought they were beating Arnold that night .

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #829 on: November 22, 2023, 07:48:10 AM »
WRONG!  They all knew they were going to lose. Arnold was a master poser. If someone hit a pose and Arnold was better in it he would hit the same pose to dwarf them ( example here with coe) and if someone hit a pose that Arnold thought he didn't look as good in he would then hit one of hid better poses to get the attention  on himself.  And of course it always worked.  In a post above someone said that "MOST people thought methead won".  Smh That is funny because  only methead and a few others ( methead fans) actually thought he won. Oh and of course anyone who didn't like Arnold.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #830 on: November 22, 2023, 08:04:50 AM »
WRONG!  They all knew they were going to lose. Arnold was a master poser. If someone hit a pose and Arnold was better in it he would hit the same pose to dwarf them ( example here with coe) and if someone hit a pose that Arnold thought he didn't look as good in he would then hit one of hid better poses to get the attention  on himself.  And of course it always worked.  In a post above someone said that "MOST people thought methead won".  Smh That is funny because  only methead and a few others ( methead fans) actually thought he won. Oh and of course anyone who didn't like Arnold.

Exactly. Great post.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: November 23, 2023, 01:32:27 AM »
Yep, Arnold was the master of competition. He was a giant among midgets both mentally and physically.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #832 on: November 23, 2023, 01:45:23 AM »
No one ever talks about 2nd place, The Shitter "Joe Dicks-his-Son"...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #833 on: November 23, 2023, 01:47:28 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger won his seventh Mr. Olympia and officially retired from professional bodybuilding.
Unlike the 1975-1979 Mr. Olympia contests which had two weight divisions (above and below 200lbs), this contest had no weight divisions, returning to the 1965-1973 format where large and small bodybuilders competed directly against one another.
The loss and resulting controversy had a major impact on Mike Mentzer personally and professionally; it would be the last time he competed in professional bodybuilding, and he swore until the day he died that the event was rigged.
According to Chris Dickerson, "the promoter was a real low life, a bigot, who had a real dislike for me –partly on racial grounds and partly for my sexual orientation." Paul Graham even told another official that "Chris couldn't win because he was a fag."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: November 23, 2023, 01:49:31 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger won his seventh Mr. Olympia and officially retired from professional bodybuilding.
Unlike the 1975-1979 Mr. Olympia contests which had two weight divisions (above and below 200lbs), this contest had no weight divisions, returning to the 1965-1973 format where large and small bodybuilders competed directly against one another.
The loss and resulting controversy had a major impact on Mike Mentzer personally and professionally; it would be the last time he competed in professional bodybuilding, and he swore until the day he died that the event was rigged.
According to Chris Dickerson, "the promoter was a real low life, a bigot, who had a real dislike for me –partly on racial grounds and partly for my sexual orientation." Paul Graham even told another official that "Chris couldn't win because he was a fag."
So, the judge turned down Dickerson's sexual advances.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #835 on: November 23, 2023, 03:02:26 AM »
According to Chris Dickerson, "the promoter was a real low life, a bigot, who had a real dislike for me –partly on racial grounds and partly for my sexual orientation." Paul Graham even told another official that "Chris couldn't win because he was a fag. Plus He had a shitty looking physique"

;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #836 on: November 23, 2023, 05:41:45 AM »

WRONG? lol ...how so?   youre saying the same exact thing I said lol ....  You're only implying what you feel Arnold thought when hitting a dominating pose , its common knowledge that most competitors had Arnold out of top 6 (during the damn show) ..... Not saying I agree but quiet the opposite buddy , how wrong they were lol  .....   As for you throwing methead in it ? didnt even mentioned the guy ,,,,

Most people here had like a car crash like experience with Mentzer , for some weird reason they wont let a day go by without bringing him up.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #837 on: November 23, 2023, 07:16:25 AM »
WRONG? lol ...how so?   youre saying the same exact thing I said lol ....  You're only implying what you feel Arnold thought when hitting a dominating pose , its common knowledge that most competitors had Arnold out of top 6 (during the damn show) ..... Not saying I agree but quiet the opposite buddy , how wrong they were lol  .....   As for you throwing methead in it ? didnt even mentioned the guy ,,,,

Most people here had like a car crash like experience with Mentzer , for some weird reason they wont let a day go by without bringing him up.

Nothing wrong with exposing a loon fraud like methzer.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #838 on: November 23, 2023, 07:44:27 AM »
 Wrong meant that no coe didn't hit the pose to compare his arm to Arnolds. Just the opposite. Coe hit a pose so Arnold hit his. And Wrong they ALL didn't think they were beating Arnold. Only one person did and that was Methead. I brought up Methead NOT because of your post. I even stated "in a post above" the person said EVERYONE thought MEATHEAD was the winner. NO not everyone did just Meth and his hit nuts and those who didnt like Arnold. So my bringing up methead had NOTHING to do with your post per se. Oh and gay dickerson was a typical black. He lost so it HAD to be racism. Smh. Ever notice how when they win they never say " I didn't deserve to win but I did win only BECAUSE I am black".  But the minute they lose its only racism ( or because they are gay or whatever) I don't see how dickerson EVER won anything.  Probably the worst Mr O ever!  ( from Coleman on to the present don't count because to me they all look like shit. Huge just for huge sack. No symmetry or proportion and they just get worse. )

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #839 on: November 23, 2023, 10:25:02 AM »
So true about Dickerson, you can say he had good calves and back but every pose his flaws are obvious, he was never the best looking physique in his olympia wins.

Wrong meant that no coe didn't hit the pose to compare his arm to Arnolds. Just the opposite. Coe hit a pose so Arnold hit his. And Wrong they ALL didn't think they were beating Arnold. Only one person did and that was Methead. I brought up Methead NOT because of your post. I even stated "in a post above" the person said EVERYONE thought MEATHEAD was the winner. NO not everyone did just Meth and his hit nuts and those who didnt like Arnold. So my bringing up methead had NOTHING to do with your post per se. Oh and gay dickerson was a typical black. He lost so it HAD to be racism. Smh. Ever notice how when they win they never say " I didn't deserve to win but I did win only BECAUSE I am black".  But the minute they lose its only racism ( or because they are gay or whatever) I don't see how dickerson EVER won anything.  Probably the worst Mr O ever!  ( from Coleman on to the present don't count because to me they all look like shit. Huge just for huge sack. No symmetry or proportion and they just get worse. )

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #840 on: November 23, 2023, 10:46:39 AM »

Generally speaking,  that is a great point.

I have to assume that Chris was one of those people who looked better in person.  He had great legs, back, shoulders, triceps and forearms.  He was also able to pose in a way that made him look wider than he was. He was very dense too.

A lot of his contemporaries speak highly of him. But a few, like Danny Padilla and Roger Walker, have said that they always thought he was average. Almost everyone who knew him spoke highly of his character though.

Just saw the recent Legends of Bodybuilding podcast. Roy Callender and Bill Neylon said Franco disliked and dismissed Chris because he was a homosexual.  But Franco was the only one.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #841 on: November 23, 2023, 01:18:20 PM »
HOW A BODYBUILDING COMPETITION IS WON

At the 5:55 mark Jay talks briefly about 1980 mr.O (once again)  ;D ...saying it's really hard to argue that Mentzer should have won if he only placed 5th" ...... 
DUH! Probably that's the whole point of that Olympia being the most controversial ....

Robby Robison said that the Weider system was the "dominating system" and no F way they were gonna allow Heavy duty hyped-up  system" to get even top three cause it was all about business.

WoooSHHHH  OCT 4th

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #842 on: November 23, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »
HOW A BODYBUILDING COMPETITION IS WON

At the 5:55 mark Jay talks briefly about 1980 mr.O (once again)  ;D ...saying it's really hard to argue that Mentzer should have won if he only placed 5th" ...... 
DUH! Probably that's the whole point of that Olympia being the most controversial ....

Robby Robison said that the Weider system was the "dominating system" and no F way they were gonna allow Heavy duty hyped-up  system" to get even top three cause it was all about business.

WoooSHHHH  OCT 4th

Was Cutler there at the 1980 olympia? No. He hasn't a clue. methzer came 5th, not 2nd but 5th and for good reason. He looked like shit. He got placed behind 4 superior bodybuilders. There simply was no fix. It's a myth. Nothing more.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2023, 01:35:00 AM »
Was i there there at the 1980 olympia? No. I haven't a fucking clue.
MIKE MENTZER should've won.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: November 24, 2023, 01:36:08 AM »
Nothing wrong with exposing a loon & fraud like Me

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #845 on: November 24, 2023, 03:46:38 AM »

Was i there there at the 1980 olympia? No. I haven't a fucking clue.

You're right. You have no clue.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #846 on: November 24, 2023, 03:47:14 AM »
Nothing wrong with exposing a loon & fraud like Me

Glad you admit it at last. I knew you would eventually. 😆

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #847 on: November 24, 2023, 05:43:56 AM »
Was Cutler there at the 1980 olympia? No. He hasn't a clue. methzer came 5th, not 2nd but 5th and for good reason. He looked like shit. He got placed behind 4 superior bodybuilders. There simply was no fix. It's a myth. Nothing more.

God damn, chill the fuck out you fuckin loon. Jay is saying the same thing as you: Mentzer didn't deserve to win. He wasn't even close.  He was 5th. Holy shit, it's amazing you need a translator for that.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #848 on: November 24, 2023, 07:02:09 AM »
God (there is no god) damn Illumanti, will you chill the fuck out you fuckin loon. Jay is saying the same thing as you: methzer didn't  deserve to win. He wasn't even close.  He was 5th. Holy shit, it's amazing you need a translator for that. methzer fans...sheesh.

😆

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #849 on: November 24, 2023, 10:38:02 AM »
Ironically almost every one  ( next generation of Olympia competitors and champs )  say neither Mentzer nor Arnold should have won the 1980 . Well at some point Yates , Banout,Dickerson and Heath felt  Mentzer was better between the two. 

And to make matters more controversial neither  Arnie or Mentzer came came back to compete ever again, and Arnold bought (or stole) the raw footage so there you have it.  A chapter tough to close.