Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 136452 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #1400 on: February 24, 2024, 01:55:46 AM »
The film footage that CBS never released was actually “Camel Toe” footage.

After Arnold did 2 lines of cocaine at the 1980 Olympia, he put on his posing trunks...

The CBS film crew’s cameras recorded what appeared to be a “HOOF PRINT” in Arnold posing trunks. This gave Arnold a “dickless” appearance.

Mentzer pointed directly at the “hoof print” backstage. Arnold crossed his legs and changed the subject.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1401 on: February 24, 2024, 01:59:56 AM »
Roy eyed the “hoof print” during the prejudging

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1402 on: February 24, 2024, 02:08:18 AM »
Mohamed Makkawy did a tribute to Arnold’s camel toe.

(Arnold was furious)

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1403 on: February 24, 2024, 02:20:02 AM »
Arnie used Paco Arse's Arse as a dick-shelf...

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1404 on: February 24, 2024, 04:22:07 AM »
                           My is this Royalty thing so in love with methead mike?   I know he says all this shit just to get people to argue. But why?  Can anyone explain to me why people like Royalty and dj and a few others always want to do that?  It makes no sense. I don't pay much attention to this character but I have noticed he will try to argue always. Constantly saying negative things hoping someone will take the bait. But Why?
                        Ever notice people will argue even when they are dead wrong thinking if they say enough people will believe them ( like democrats do)  . I learned a long time ago to not argue unless I am 100% right. I don't want to look stupid like these clowns. Even when I am right and try to prove I am right I don't keep trying for long because your never gonna fix stupid so why should I keep trying? My sisters always accuse me of being a "no it all".  I say nope not even close. I just don't argue unless I am right.
                          Like saying mentzer beat Arnold  . Everyone knows who knows real bodybuilding Arnold was in fact better than all them. It was closer than Arnold was used to for sure. He was not as dominate . So if you compare 1980 version to previous versions he didn't look as good. No doubt about it. BUT he was still better than everyone else.  Mentzer was given a gift that day as he was in all the other contests too. Case closed. Move on from 1980. It is over Arnold won became what he is today and Methead became what he is today. A corpse. I can see his treatment in hell right now. Telling the devil to only burn him a little bit each week because he doesnt want to "over burn".

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1405 on: February 24, 2024, 08:29:16 AM »
                           My is this Royalty thing so in love with methead mike?   I know he says all this shit just to get people to argue. But why?  Can anyone explain to me why people like Royalty and dj and a few others always want to do that?  It makes no sense. I don't pay much attention to this character but I have noticed he will try to argue always. Constantly saying negative things hoping someone will take the bait. But Why?
                        Ever notice people will argue even when they are dead wrong thinking if they say enough people will believe them ( like democrats do)  . I learned a long time ago to not argue unless I am 100% right. I don't want to look stupid like these clowns. Even when I am right and try to prove I am right I don't keep trying for long because your never gonna fix stupid so why should I keep trying? My sisters always accuse me of being a "no it all".  I say nope not even close. I just don't argue unless I am right.
                          Like saying mentzer beat Arnold  . Everyone knows who knows real bodybuilding Arnold was in fact better than all them. It was closer than Arnold was used to for sure. He was not as dominate . So if you compare 1980 version to previous versions he didn't look as good. No doubt about it. BUT he was still better than everyone else.  Mentzer was given a gift that day as he was in all the other contests too. Case closed. Move on from 1980. It is over Arnold won became what he is today and Methead became what he is today. A corpse. I can see his treatment in hell right now. Telling the devil to only burn him a little bit each week because he doesnt want to "over burn".

Your correct about his need for baiting people into an argument. I've replied more times to his lunacy than I should have. I'm going to let him continue on. Hopefully others will no longer take the bait and he will see how strange his posts have become.

Mike was a better bodybuilder than any of us on the boards could aspire to. Yet the obsession with the 1980 is a sad pathetic waste of time. Even if Arnold cheated that day even if .Ike was better yet still lost. To what avail is Royalty and others obsession with discussing this any further. History will always show Arnold as the winner. Get over it move on find something positive to round out your day. We all know how Mike spiraled into depression ND drug abuse due to this very behavior. 

Arnold won and was always going to
h

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1406 on: February 24, 2024, 08:37:57 AM »

Another extremely long “explanation” from Beakdoctor 😂

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1407 on: February 24, 2024, 08:40:18 AM »
Your correct about his need for baiting people into an argument. I've replied more times to his lunacy than I should have. I'm going to let him continue on. Hopefully others will no longer take the bait and he will see how strange his posts have become.

Mike was a better bodybuilder than any of us on the boards could aspire to. Yet the obsession with the 1980 is a sad pathetic waste of time. Even if Arnold cheated that day even if .Ike was better yet still lost. To what avail is Royalty and others obsession with discussing this any further. History will always show Arnold as the winner. Get over it move on find something positive to round out your day. We all know how Mike spiraled into depression ND drug abuse due to this very behavior. 

Arnold won and was always going to

You’re the one who felt the need to attack Mentzer for MONTHS

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1408 on: February 24, 2024, 08:50:15 AM »
My last response to you regarding your obsession with Mike Mentzer. 

You where literally just suspended for spamming the entire board for weeks on end with all things Mentzer.  Your suspension ends and here you are again.....back at it.

You think I am a fake account or post as someone else, wrong again. Mods know this. Get over your Mentzer addiction. Move on to something useful and constructive or you will wind up miserable like Mike Mentzer became. Go outside get some fresh air find something else to do than bait people into these silly arguments. I just admitted was taking your bait prior. I was only responding to your ridiculous assements of theb1980. No longer I am done. I've been on this board since 2004 and I have a fairly low post count. You've been hammering out your life on this board maybe you need a break
h

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1409 on: February 24, 2024, 08:53:40 AM »

You where literally just suspended for spamming the entire board for weeks on end with all things Mentzer.  Your suspension ends and here you are again.....back at it.

You think I am a fake account or post as someone else, wrong again. Mods know this. Get over your Mentzer addiction. Move on to something useful and constructive or you will wind up miserable like Mike Mentzer became. Go outside get some fresh air find something else to do than bait people into these silly arguments. I just admitted was taking your bait prior. I was only responding to your ridiculous assements of theb1980. No longer I am done. I've been on this board since 2005 and I have a fairly low post count. You've been hammering out your life on this board maybe you need a break

Read your mile long posts. I think you need the break. 😂

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #1410 on: February 24, 2024, 02:14:35 PM »

You think I am a fake account or post as someone else, wrong again. Mods know this. Get over your Mentzer addiction. Move on to something useful and constructive or you will wind up miserable like Mike Mentzer became. Go outside get some fresh air find something else to do than bait people into these silly arguments. I just admitted was taking your bait prior. I was only responding to your ridiculous assements of theb1980. No longer I am done. I've been on this board since 2004 and I have a fairly low post count. You've been hammering out your life on this board maybe you need a break

Good points. Royalty is a Royal asshole.

You're right: to what end does he bring this up? Nothing is ever going to change the result. For arguments sake, even if Arnold wete to give the title back and renounce his claim; Chris Dickerson would then be the winner.

Is it validation? He's just going to go on arguing with people to try and make them agree, one by one? Or what?

Also continuously bringing it up invites the criticism of Mentzer.  Ex: if he constantly says Arnold was a coke head and imply he did G4P to advance his career,  it's just too easy to bring up Mike's actual homosexuality and drug abuse... but it's really sad and gross. People who actually knew Mike when he was younger say he was a really good person. Let the man rest in peace. Stop obsessing over it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1411 on: February 24, 2024, 06:00:47 PM »
Beakdoctor has severe mental illness ^^^ yet again.... responding to another one of his gimmick accounts

The famous Eric2

Who?

Eric2  LOL

For some reason RMJ11 has completely stopped posting. But don’t worry Eric2 has already changed some of my quotes the exact way that RMJ11 was changing them... 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1412 on: February 25, 2024, 12:46:08 AM »
Good points. Royalty is a Royal asshole.

You're right: to what end does he bring this up? Nothing is ever going to change the result. For arguments sake, even if Arnold wete to give the title back and renounce his claim; Chris Dickerson would then be the winner.

Is it validation? He's just going to go on arguing with people to try and make them agree, one by one? Or what?

Also continuously bringing it up invites the criticism of Mentzer.  Ex: if he constantly says Arnold was a coke head and imply he did G4P to advance his career,  it's just too easy to bring up Mike's actual homosexuality and drug abuse... but it's really sad and gross. People who actually knew Mike when he was younger say he was a really good person. Let the man rest in peace. Stop obsessing over it.
Royal Asshat is just trolling. He doesn't believe any of it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1413 on: February 25, 2024, 01:26:47 AM »
Mentzer won

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1414 on: February 25, 2024, 01:27:52 AM »
Mentzer had thicker arms

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1415 on: February 25, 2024, 04:12:04 PM »
 ;D  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1416 on: February 25, 2024, 04:15:27 PM »
LMFAO At least Mike could say he competed with Arnold  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1417 on: February 25, 2024, 04:24:19 PM »
Mentzer came in fifth, not fourth, not third or second.  Arnold at 80% was still the winner from my conclusion watching the tapes and not still pictures. Yes, in this subjective sport nothing is a mathematical certainty picking a winner. If Arnold came in his 1974 or 1975 version there would be zero discussion.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1418 on: February 25, 2024, 05:45:50 PM »
Everyone argues about Arnold winning the 1980 Olympia. Yes, but what about the judging? We all underestimated Arnold when he arrived in Los Angeles. He was much smarter than he seemed. His former house mate, Paul Graham, was the promoter of the contest. Arnold was living with Paul and Ken Moran somewhere near Vince's Gym in Studio City. In Arnold's autobiography, Total Recall, he twice mentions driving cars to a dock in LA that were being shipped to Australia. Paul Graham's name wasn't mentioned because he was arrested in early 1969 in Honolulu by the FBI for sending stolen cars out of the USA. We wonder how Arnold's house mates were overlooked by the FBI. Paul was convicted and spent a couple years in a federal prison. He took the rap by himself. So Arnold owes Paul big time. Ken Moran arrived in Vancouver, BC, driving a red 350 Shelby Mustang. He boasted that he lived with Arnold. We asked him why he wasn't still there. He explained that he was in an accident and didn't have insurance so had to leave the country. How then did he get that almost new Mustang? He eventually took that car to New Zealand where it was worth a small fortune...enough to buy a house with in those days.

In 1980 our gym sold 200 tickets to that contest at $35 each. About a month out from the contest Paul told me Arnold was entering. He was pleased I kept coming to his house in Bondi Junction to collect more tickets. Naturally I could sell more if Arnold was competing. Paul and I had a bitter history in Australia about judging contests we were in. There was a trophy for the best support gym but he didn't present it at the contest. No way he was going to give me any recognition. There was a meeting shortly after the Olympia at our gym where bodybuilders decided to form a new organization. We decided to send the trophy our gym won to Chris Dickerson. The caption read, "Chris Dickerson, Mr Olympia 1980, from the bodybuilders of Australia. John Doyle took it over and presented it to Chris. Chris never said anything about getting that trophy.

So, there was Arnold in 1980 needing more publicity to help him get roles in movies. He wasn't happy in 1979 when he interviewed Frank Zane. He asked Frank if winning the Olympia for the third time was the biggest thrill of his life. Frank replied that beating Arnold in 1968 for Mr Universe in Miami was a bigger thrill! The look on Arnold's face was classic. Not often someone gets the better of Arnold like that.

About the judging. Paul had picked Brendan Ryan and Peter McCarthy as Australian judges. Peter had won Mr Australia and several other big titles in the area. Brendan won a Junior Mr Australia title. He had stayed at Arnold's place in LA so was mates with Arnold. I was standing with Peter and Frank Burwash in the foyer of the Opera House before the contest. Someone came up to Peter and told him the judge's meeting had already started. Peter swore and ran off to the meeting. Someone had told him the wrong time! Because Peter had missed part of the meeting he wasn't allowed to judge so was replaced by Dr Michael Walczak.  Arnold didn't enter until he knew he had the support of most of the judges. He was mates with Dan Howard but Dan didn't vote for him. Brendan did. Peter didn't. So, had Peter judged the result would have been closer.

Ben Weider wanted to get bodybuilding into the Olympic Games. So he devised a judging system similar to other sports such as diving and gymnastics. There were 3 rounds then a pose down. Standing relaxed, standard poses, then routine. Finally comparisons were made standing and standard poses. At the finals a pose down was held that was scored. How on earth that could be judged was a mystery. Critics have concluded it was included so that errant judges had a chance to correct their decisions. If any judge deviated too much from the other judges he was considered unsatisfactory and wasn't allowed to judge again.

In the first call out Arnold wasn't included. There he was with his head down behind a grinning Mike Mentzer. That photo told the story. However, Arnold was included in subsequent call outs and he did every thing he could to bring attention to himself. He was warned a couple of times not to do things but he wasn't marked down for them. Like doing a biceps pose during the triceps pose. And doing a most muscular before leaving the stage. Frank and Chris didn't look so good beside Arnold in the comparisons. Arnold's huge arms and chest made them look like beginners.

By the way, they scored each round out of 20 points. What happened was too many judges gave 20 scores so they didn't separate the competitors. Those who did separate them had more weight in the placings. Brendan did separate them so his scores counted for more than those who gave several competitors a 20 score.

Yes, the contest was close. Mike looked the best in the photo I took that made the cover of IronMan. Boyer Coe had a flawless routine. Chris gave an artistic display that was popular with the audience. Dennis was the most conditioned bodybuilder there with the best abs and probably the widest. Roger Walker didn't look small beside Arnold. Danny Padilla wasn't compared that I remember but had the most complete physique and was huge as well. In an objective contest he would have been the winner but because he was short he wasn't even considered which is a shame. I can tell you the audience booed loud and long when the winner was announced! Eventually they did applaud Arnold but I bet that was the first time he was booed like that.

The reason this contest is still being discussed is because of the reasons I mention above. It isn't a waste of time. Just because someone wins a contest doesn't mean he was the best there.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1419 on: February 26, 2024, 12:46:25 AM »
Mike may have looked the best in 1 photo you took but he was not even close to the best.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1420 on: February 26, 2024, 06:34:58 AM »
Mentzer came in fifth, not fourth, not third or second.  Arnold at 80% was still the winner from my conclusion watching the tapes and not still pictures. Yes, in this subjective sport nothing is a mathematical certainty picking a winner. If Arnold came in his 1974 or 1975 version there would be zero discussion.

The CBS footage might suggest otherwise.

WooooSHHHHHHHHHH OCt.4th 1980

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1421 on: February 26, 2024, 06:39:37 AM »
WooooSHHHHHHHHH

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #1422 on: February 26, 2024, 10:28:57 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1423 on: February 26, 2024, 02:05:35 PM »
Mentzer definitely won in ‘80

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1424 on: February 26, 2024, 03:56:01 PM »
The Record books will forever state that Arnold won his 7th Mr Olympia title.