Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 132995 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2022, 02:02:07 PM »
Anyone have the Arnold asking Lou about the DVD sales Clip

😂🤣😂

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
Anyone have the Arnold asking Lou about the DVD sales Clip

😂🤣😂

I’ve been meaning to find it, and I just did. Enjoy!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: September 19, 2022, 04:03:27 PM »

Good Man
Thanks 🙏🏻

Great viewing entertainment. 😀

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2022, 05:23:06 PM »
I was looking for the vid and saw a few clips of Arnold running into Lou at various expos. And each time Lou eagerly awaits Arnold then immediately bombards Arnokd, talking as fast as he can, trying to make the most of his limited time with Arnold. It's kind of pathetic; after all these years still pining for his attention and seeking his approval.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2022, 05:24:52 PM »
I was looking for the vid and saw a few clips of Arnold running into Lou at various expos. And each time Lou eagerly awaits Arnold then immediately bombards Arnokd, talking as fast as he can, trying to make the most of his limited time with Arnold. It's kind of pathetic; after all these years still pining for his attention and seeking his approval.

Lmao! So brutal yet true! Would rofl if an overly eager Lou in his ready to pounce position gets bumped by security and his hearing aid batteries simultaneously fall out creating a sudden panic. Lou would then play it off and try to carry a conversation with Arnold without comprehending a single word while Arnold just keeps repeating, “What did you say, Lou?”

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2022, 08:30:31 PM »
Lmao! So brutal yet true! Would rofl if an overly eager Lou in his ready to pounce position gets bumped by security and his hearing aid batteries simultaneously fall out creating a sudden panic. Lou would then play it off and try to carry a conversation with Arnold without comprehending a single word while Arnold just keeps repeating, “What did you say, Lou?”

Arnold could just move his lips pretending to talk...

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2022, 09:15:17 PM »
I wonder what exactly they said.

This board really takes Lou to task; fucking gold..

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
Re: 1980 mr.O. CBS never released footage
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2022, 10:38:17 PM »
I took a lot of photos of the 1980 Mr Olympia which was in Sydney. During the finals I was shooting colour slides and got a mate in the row in front of me

to take a video. Would you believe most of that was ruined because he got so excited he started stamping his feet. I haven't looked at it to see if I

recorded the booing at the end. This mate was cheering for Roger Walker who made the finals and thus all the excitement. What a shame

because I was in a great position in the middle of the Concert Hall and we would have had a good view of what happened.

Stop it! Arnold was always the king! He was better then every single one of those meatheads. Without him noone would even give a shit about it...also a fact!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2022, 08:46:32 AM »

Pure gold!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
Do you think Arnold asks "pictures, dvd's" as he knows thats all he's ever gonna have or do you think he's asking coz he might have legitimately bought something new to the table like a protein bar or supplement...
I'm surprised Lou has managed to run a stall for so long at the festival flogging that 30 year old movie.

Pure gold!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2022, 12:59:42 AM »
Do you think Arnold asks "pictures, dvd's" as he knows thats all he's ever gonna have or do you think he's asking coz he might have legitimately bought something new to the table like a protein bar or supplement...
I'm surprised Lou has managed to run a stall for so long at the festival flogging that 30 year old movie.
Arnold owning him just like in Pumping Iron.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
Never released footage? Just an urban myth. Nothing more. Besides, even if it did exist what is it going to prove? Arnold won. That's it. This vid destroys the myth that mentzer had any chance of beating Arnold.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #312 on: December 31, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »
Never released footage? Just an urban myth. Nothing more. Besides, even if it did exist what is it going to prove? Arnold won. That's it. This vid destroys the myth that mentzer had any chance of beating Arnold.

.... Arnolds is morphed there. The arm gives it away.

Also cherrypicked 2 shots. Mentzer looked better in most shots

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: December 31, 2022, 12:42:06 AM »

FFS Mike couldn't even place higher than that bag of smashed arseholes Dickinhisbum.
Mike placed 5th - why not compare Mike to 10th place finisher maybe he thought he should've placed 5th.

Enough of this nonsense Mike wasn't good enough to place higher let alone 1st.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 31, 2022, 12:45:18 AM »
Mentzer looks tiny next to Arnold.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: December 31, 2022, 08:09:47 AM »
Defintely not morphed, looks exactly the same as in the footage its from. Mentzer looks like a child next to Arnold and was supposedly heavier. Arnold must literally have hollow bones if that's the case.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: December 31, 2022, 09:20:49 AM »
Defintely not morphed, looks exactly the same as in the footage its from. Mentzer looks like a child next to Arnold and was supposedly heavier. Arnold must literally have hollow bones if that's the case.
Mentzer seemed one of those big boned, thick, blocky guys, had a heavy lower body with a fat ass and bloated stomach. Still though i don't see how he could've been heavier than Arnold.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #317 on: December 31, 2022, 02:19:22 PM »
 8)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: December 31, 2022, 05:47:16 PM »
Crazy how big his chest and arms still were at that lighter weight.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #319 on: December 31, 2022, 11:31:37 PM »
Crazy how big his chest and arms still were at that lighter weight.

Exactly. It's funny when the Arnold haters state that he was not in great shape or he was too light. Arnold in 1980 was at his most leanest ever. Probably his best shape ever.

Mentzer fans be like " but..but..but..Arnie's legs"

His legs were diced and no worse than all the other competitors apart from Platz

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: January 01, 2023, 09:21:46 AM »
Legs don't look small here and look at the separation and how high up it goes.

8)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2023, 06:40:26 AM »
according to the book muscle smoke and mirrors volume 3 joe and ben weider had to have a  meeting with cbs explaining what happened bodybuilding was never aired again on cbs. 1981 was even more rigged

The Weiders did not want CBS to air that footage even after all the time and money wasted from crew...... that pretty much was the end of Bodybuilding on National tv,

Imagine the amount of footage, photos, compromising material sitting in the Weiders archives that will never see the light of day now they're both deceased.

That 1980 Mr O. CBS footage can mean a lot of $$$$$$ on the right hands  even after 40 plus years 

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2023, 10:30:44 AM »
The Weiders did not want CBS to air that footage even after all the time and money wasted from crew...... that pretty much was the end of Bodybuilding on National tv,

Imagine the amount of footage, photos, compromising material sitting in the Weiders archives that will never see the light of day now they're both deceased.

That 1980 Mr O. CBS footage can mean a lot of $$$$$$ on the right hands  even after 40 plus years

More conspiracy clap trap.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2023, 01:28:11 PM »
More conspiracy clap trap.

True. Its a baseless argument.  CBS probably sent crews to multiple events that day and eliminated most of them from their line-up. But nobody is sitting around talking about why CBS decided not to air the 1980 underwater basket weaving championships, or the New Zealand Bad Minton quarter finals. They got one winner- probably a major professional sports league game or perhaps the PBL and decided to air it instead of this other garbage based on viewership.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2023, 01:36:16 PM »
True. Its a baseless argument.  CBS probably sent crews to multiple events that day and eliminated most of them from their line-up. But nobody is sitting around talking about why CBS decided not to air the 1980 underwater basket weaving championships, or the New Zealand Bad Minton quarter finals. They got one winner- probably a major professional sports league game or perhaps the PBL and decided to air it instead of this other garbage based on viewership.
Fuck, are there any copies available to download?