Author Topic: baseball hof 2015 class.  (Read 10023 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: baseball hof 2015 class.
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 02:18:53 PM »
I gotcha. And yes, I agree. Bonds does belong.

Clemens as well?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »
Y

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »
Of course

what I don't like about Bonds an clemens is that they both left friends hung out to dry who knew about their use..realy slimy

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »
what I don't like about Bonds an clemens is that they both left friends hung out to dry who knew about their use..realy slimy

Yeah, probably.  But they also do lots of good stuff too.

For instance, when that SF fan got beat up in LA a few years ago, Bonds paid for all his kids' college.  And he asked the family to not go public with it.

Clemens works with children and does charity work.....etc.
Y

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »
Yeah, probably.  But they also do lots of good stuff too.

For instance, when that SF fan got beat up in LA a few years ago, Bonds paid for all his kids' college.  And he asked the family to not go public with it.

Clemens works with children and does charity work.....etc.

besides the point

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »
pete rose all time hits leader should be in...[in my humble opinion.]. yeah or ney?   4256 hits can't be wrong....
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »
besides the point

Both have nothing to do with on field performance so are moot for HoF.
Y

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
pete rose all time hits leader should be in...[in my humble opinion.]. yeah or ney?   4256 hits can't be wrong....

it's a fucking crime that Charlie Hustle isnt in the Hall

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 10:36:52 AM »

x2
Y

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »

Theres a lot of stuff about old Pete that baseball never released because they didn't want to destroy his reputation...He definitely bet on his own team...and other stuff

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »
Theres a lot of stuff about old Pete that baseball never released because they didn't want to destroy his reputation...He definitely bet on his own team...and other stuff

I don't give a shit about any of that. The guy played BALLS OUT every game. Amazing durability and a once in a generation player. STILL the all-time career hits leader. I met the man at an autograph signing and he's legit good dude. yeah yeah...i know....he was paid to be there...whatever...the man let me into his world for 20 minutes eye to eye talking about his greatest moments. It was surreal.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »
I don't give a shit about any of that. The guy played BALLS OUT every game. Amazing durability and a once in a generation player. STILL the all-time career hits leader. I met the man at an autograph signing and he's legit good dude. yeah yeah...i know....he was paid to be there...whatever...the man let me into his world for 20 minutes eye to eye talking about his greatest moments. It was surreal.
All sell and good...I loved Pete as a player and wish he was in the hall as well..but he bet on own his own team and rumors are he bet on them TO LOSE...

Also it was revealed recently that Pete was offered a deal whereby he would not get into the hall right away and would disassociate himself voluntarily from baseball for a little while until things died down and then they could sneak him into the hall but he went public, decided to fight the charges and then when shown the evidence they had against him, he backed off and slinked away like a snake....he totally destroyed the integrity of the game and was arrogant about it