Author Topic: Richard Jones Looking Good.  (Read 82705 times)

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
Re: Richard Jones Looking Good.
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2006, 01:34:45 AM »
Richard,
I didn’t open this thread before because I thought it was going to be a typical thread with some of the trolls here bashing a great Pro. I’m happy to see that has been kept to a minimum. I was pleasantly surprised to see you posting.
It’s great to see a modern Pro with the classic lines and the great aesthetics of the ironage of bodybuilding aka Vince Taylor, Bob Paris, Rory Leidelmeyer, Berry DeMey, Shawn Ray. It’s also great to read your unrelenting positive attitude. A great reminder to us all. You are a great ambassador for bodybuilding. I’m also glad to hear that you won’t sacrifice your health for a title.
Regarding close grip inclines, I’ve used them and like them. Many people from my gym use dumbbells for these, palms facing and dumbbells kept together from top to bottom. It hits them from yet another angle. 
Respect!

Hey Max-Rep,

Thanks for the props! I want to keep my lines. After all, that's what got me this far in the first place. I know I need "mass" but how much and at what expense? Health....? NOT! 1st place....? NOT. I've competed many years for just the mere love of the sport. I may never win a Pro show, but that's ok. I just enjoy being on stage and hearing the fans cheer in support. When I'm on stage, I'm more into trying to give a good presentation while feeeling the song I am posing to. I think that exudes to the fans. Melvin Anthony keeps me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. He is a great classical poser and then next thing you know, he's breakin' it down with perfection and finesse. He captivates everyone including his fellow competitors. He feels his art and then portrays it on stage.

As you know, bodybuilding....like any other sport comes sacrifice. Whatever it maybe. I'm sure every athlete in their respective sports have sacrificed a thing or two to be the "best" at what they do. However, sacrifice does not come with out risks. Hell, even top financial investors take risks with their investments. I have risked and have sacrificed some valuable things to get where I am today. For example, I sacrificed the whole 2005 season to pursue my education.

As I get older (my B-Day is coming up on April 14th, I'll be 32), I realize what is important to me as an individual and reflect on my past mistakes and try not to make them again. But I will continue to take risks in other aspects of my life but not with my health. You're only born with one 'body' and what goes on inside is more important than what you look like on the outside. At least to me. Being in shape just happens to be a part of my life. It has been for 15+ years now. I didn't even think that I would get to this level as a pro. But since I have, my one and only dream was to just merely compete on that Mr. Olympia stage. I accomplished my goal of turning pro and sealed it by just being on the Mr. 'O' stage.

In other words, I can walk away from this sport forever completely content because I accomplished and achieved what I wanted. Some people may not understand that. But that is the truth. I never said..."I want to win the Mr. Olympia someday". I just wanted to feel what it's like to be up there. Especially having my father there was so special to me. He's a great man and I wanted him to see me up there because for years, he never understood or followed what I did. The only thing and name he new was of course...Arnold. So, I explained to him that this is the show Arnold won 7 times. He got the picture after that. Despite an 18th place finish....while a personal disappointment, I was just amazed and honored to be there. I never thought it was possible for me. So, I gained more than I lost just by being up there with the 'best of the best'! A day I'll never forget or regret. After all, there has been pros that have been professionals since I was like 14yrs. old and still are competing today that have never stepped foot on that Olympia stage. At least I can say that I did. On that day, I felt more like a fan than a competitor. Besides, I had the best seat in the house......on stage! LOL.....

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:50 AM »
Richard, you're a good guy. You gotta be my fav. pro today.  You remind me a lot of Shawn Ray, very smart, so I know you will make it to the top of this sport.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2006, 02:51:52 AM »
Richard how about your owning qualities? there are still applications available so maybe we can use your help within the Squad to crucify little twats around here.
Your background as a cop could be very helpfull.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »
Richard how about your owning qualities? there are still applications available so maybe we can use your help within the Squad to crucify little twats around here.
Your background as a cop could be very helpfull.

hahahahaha
$

julieannK

• Getbig I
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2006, 06:32:06 AM »
Hi Richard!

Just wanted to say you seem to be the most genuine and down to earth pro!  And your physique is amazing.  I had the opportunity to watch your guest posing routine a couple of years ago here in Minnesota.  It was at the Mr. Minnesota competition and let me just say "WOW"!  I think my husband was getting a little jealous since my jaw was on the floor. 

Take care and good luck with everything. 

www.julieannkulla.com

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:42 AM »
Very good point Rob, that's exactly what i thought.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2006, 07:56:54 AM »
Richard Jones is good people real salt of the earth kind of guy.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2006, 08:12:32 AM »
What are your thoughts about adding Richard to the team Sarcasm?
he is welcome to join any time.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »
Richard,

I totally agree on Melvin. I've been at many shows were great Pro's performed ho-hum routines almost putting us to sleep. Then Melvin comes out and the place comes alive. He's the guy you want people who have never been to a show to see.

You should consider motivational speaking.

Respect

To Getbig members… thanks for keeping the thread fairly clean. I’m watching this one closely from now on. Any negativity or bantering will be removed. Richard is being respectful, informative and real. I’m going to help keep it that way.
and keep moving!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2006, 09:38:43 AM »
Is this the same Richard Jones people were saying bad stuff about awhile back.  This is the first time I have ever seen a pic of him and he looks great!  Is this the guy.  Cause if it is you guys are blind and stupid.  This guy has a great physique and I would think way more people would want to look like him than Ronnie.  Ronnie is huge but he looks like shit.  I like this guy.  Plus he has a great last name

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2006, 09:39:59 AM »
No doubt, dont cha No...No GOooooooooooood......... .......... :-*

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
richard  is way smarter than shawn

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2006, 10:05:24 AM »
richard  is way smarter than shawn

And far more humble.
Lies, damn lies and diets

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »
You are correct SIR! ;D

Stavios

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2006, 10:19:57 AM »
I remember after the NOC 2004, George Farah said he should have beat both Richard and Melvin.

that was funny

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2006, 10:20:21 AM »
And Richard wouldnt dare wear an electric blue oversized superman shirt in public.
Thats where you are wrong my friend...Spiderman, not Superman
L

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2006, 10:33:18 AM »
Richard, as a warning, forget about 99% of what either Mars or Sarcasm say on here.  On the flip side, listen to Onlyme--he's old school and he's trained with some of the pros from the golden age.  Also, a few questions:  when did you start lifting?  Whose physique did you try to emulate?  what's the longest layoff you've ever had from training?  Thanks for taking the time to post on here, you truly are setting an example that a lot of other bodybuilders could follow.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:55 AM »
i read that RJ likes to learn a minimum of 3 new words per week as the dictionary is his favourite book! Thats class, it shows hes not just a "muscle bound idoit" who grunts and groans endlessly. Sure he may have a better intellect than Shawn - or most BBers for that - but im sure Shawns business sense has him green with envy and Shawn green with those dollar bills!  ;D
Scouser on Tour

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2006, 10:47:09 AM »
Since when you decide what Rich should forget or not? you little bonesacked geek.

Because all you do is post shit on here and beat everybody down.  And speaking of "little bonesacked geek," I really hope that's not you in your avatar.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
i read that RJ likes to learn a minimum of 3 new words per week as the dictionary is his favourite book! Thats class, it shows hes not just a "muscle bound idoit" who grunts and groans endlessly. Sure he may have a better intellect than Shawn - or most BBers for that - but im sure Shawns business sense has him green with envy and Shawn green with those dollar bills!  ;D

i doubt richard's as shallow as you project

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:04 AM »

On the flip side, listen to Onlyme--he's old school and he's trained with some of the pros from the golden age. 

So did that guy Max_Rep.
and keep moving!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »
Because all you do is post shit on here and beat everybody down.  And speaking of "little bonesacked geek," I really hope that's not you in your avatar.

He doesn't really beat anyone down....especially after the "owning squad" ::) got "owned" yesterday!!

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »
Hey guy and gals.....(naw, that sounds too "Cali"....I'm from the eastcoast). So let me try that again.

What up GetBig peeps?

Max-Rep, thanks for having my back. I post here because I realize that sometimes people want to know the person behind the body (metaphorically speaking). Hell, you all know I lift weights...right? So knowing that, I try to relay my personality through my posts. I'm not in the business of bashing people or getting into pissing matches. I come in peace with sincerety.

I would also like to thank and acknowledge everyone for their positive responses. Some of you are so funny. I truly enjoy the laughter so I thank you all for that as well.

Yes, it is true....I do read the dictionary pretty much on a daily basis. Not as you would read a book, but to perfect the English language and understand the meaning of words. I come across words I don't know everyday somewhere, somehow. When I don't know what they mean, I go right to the dictionary and then it's studied, practiced and added to my vocabulary. It's funny when I travel on a plane, people next to me pull out the romantic novels written by some 'ghost writer' and I pull out my pocket dictionary. They never say anything, but they either think one of two things: That I'm stupid and just learning how to read and write or they think that I'm addicted to crossword puzzles. LOL.... So we're left fighting over the one arm rest. I usually win that though. I wish I could fly 1st class sometimes just so I can have my own damn arm rest. I'm not that big. So I assume most pros have to fly 1st class just so they're not spilling on to other people's seats. Ronnie only reqiures 1st class and not only does he deserve it, but he needs it! If I saw him in coach, as a passenger, I'd just give him the whole row and then just swap seats with one of the stewardess'....oh, that's right, they don't like that word any more. I mean....'flight attendant'.

Since I have been pro, people have asked me: "When are you going to make a 'workout' DVD?"

To answer that question, If and when I ever make one, I want people to see the real person inside me other than me throwing "peanuts"...I mean weights. I always wanted it to be the whole 'Richard Jones' instead of the "bodybuilder Richard Jones". Some people may like it, others may not. But there are plenty of vid's out there where you can see just someone lifting weights. I would take you on a journey of my life. Where I was born, where I grew up, how I began, what else I do outside the sport, my likes and dislikes, and how I really live. I'll be the first to admit...I don't have a fancy house or a bunch of nice cars, no $10K stereos, no flat screens in my fridge and in my bathtub. Just the real life about ME. But my problem is, I can't find a film maker that will take the time to film all my activities over the course of several weeks. I grew up on the eastcoast poor and living in the projects of East Boston. I'm not and never will be ashamed of that. But I'd love to fly back there and show my viewers where and how I got to where I am today through the eyes of adversity that I was faced with. I was exposed to everything you still see today. Drugs, drug dealers, gangs, shootings, stabbings, crackheads, etc....

But for some reason, I had a "Concrete Angel" around me and never succumbed to the adversity. With that being said, it has made me who I am today. Someday I want to bring that back to life and let people see "The Man Behind The Body".

Thanks again!

Sincerely with respect,

Richard Jones

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »
hey Richard would you like to join the owning SQUAD? i as co-founder can give you an honorary membership.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mechanic

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2006, 12:16:17 PM »
In a just world a body like this would be awarded the Mr. Olympia title!! 8)