Author Topic: Richard Jones Looking Good.  (Read 82342 times)

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Richard Jones Looking Good.
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »
I just would like to add that the act of taking steroids to accoplish the goals in which they were intended to acheive (pro status) are so far from having any acceptable moral judgement, that I could not believe that a person based on Bodybuilding accolades alone (and a nice smail and being polite to thier fans) cannot be a justified role model.
Which would be different from say Lee Haney who is a role model in the fact that he does all those things for children and the poor which are acts that are commendable but one has to look at Haney and say , you are a role model cause of your devotion to those in need , not cause you were the most diesel guy in the 80's.
So i guess BB can be role models for other the avenues of life they pursue, but not for BB ..ever..
Too much drug usage which leads to youth/others imitaiting steroid use, destroys there lives, the general disregard for the laws of the country, and destroys the body which God blessed you... too much 

I understand your point of view but I think it's somewhat unfair to say bodybuilders can't be rolemodels.
We first have to define the term role model anyway, it seems like anyone in the public spotlight could be a role model because kids want to follow in their footsteps. Charles Barkley for example, I believe he said he knew he wasn't a role model by choice but by trade, kids look up to him even if he just shoots a basketball.
And I think bodybuilders can be enviable rolemodels because of the hardwork and dedication bodybuilding entails. The downside of the profession relates to illegal drug usage but I don't think that corales one's role model status. You can bodybuild and not take gear.
Anyway, this is taking away from Richard's thread but I think bodybuilders can be role models, even if it's just for the simple fact they bodybuild, regardless of their gear usage or other activities.

----

I also want to add that we're basing one's role model status on the legality of a substance. Can a bodybuilder be a role model if he receives his gear from an anti-aging clinic? Where do we draw the line? Or is it the simply the fact that it's classified as an illegal substance and that's why they bodybuilders can't be role models. What if an IFBB Pro professes the dangers of gear abuse?

Also how does one person's private use endorse the use for others? Many bodybuilders, including Sergio Olivia, stated they wouldn't endorse or recommend gear use to anyone, yet his dedication and hardwork are all enviable qualities. I'd like to personally classify him as a role model.

Here's Segio Olivia's response on improper gear use...

Yes that's what it is. But they're making a double mistake. When you take steroids you have to train even harder... otherwise the excess weight later turns into fat. If you train hard, eat well with quality protein, and take a good vitamin and mineral, then you can achieve a good physique. And a good physique comes from about 45% of your genes, whereas the rest is from training. So, if you're going to be something, then you're going to be something. If you're not, then you're not. But with all those steroids, you're going to be one of the group... you're not going to be different. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone... to my friends or any of my family.
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/history/topic/46705-1.html

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »
I think you guys are being too hard on gh15. I think he knows of what he speaks.

I do agree that different pros have very different levels of drug use. I know that many amateurs take more drugs than many pros. So there is a difference and the difference is genetics. But as I've said before, genetics is not just muscle shape. It's not just an X-frame. It's not just muscle quantity. IT IS YOUR GENETIC RESPONSE TO THE HORMONES. Some guys like Vince Taylor take off for Germany for a year, get GHed and come back like monsters. Some guys crank the drugs hard year after year with nothing to show for it but a bunch of 4th place finishes (Erik Fromm, Eric Shannon, Galanti, Lopez etc.) Some guys like Shawn Ray have more muscle naturally than guys who juice for three years and some guys like Levrone who don't have more muscle naturally than your average guy blow up the instant their bodies get that additional testosterone.

I agree with gh15 that it would be helpful to see pics of RJ at age 15-19 to see how he looked as a teen. That would either back up RJ's claims or back up gh15.

It's always cool to see pics of pros in Musclemag interviews when they were teens, but most conspicuously leave out the early juicing years. The pic of Kamali is a good example. Early pics of Flex Wheeler give a good idea of his natural structure. There is a pic of a natural pre-juiced Levrone floating around out there, but no one's ever posted it.

RJ, you have respect from me as a guy with a phenomenal build and I'm not gonna call you a liar because no one KNOWS what another guy does to his body unless they personally witness it. Best of luck in the pros with your limited regimen. My feeling is that your ecto-frame and extremities require quantities you don't want to take to win a pro show.

Special "Deal or No Deal" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Stavios

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
Bump for greatness !!!

Richard is comming back next year  8)

Speak on this Richard if you read the boards, the fans want to know what's up with you

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »
On behalf of Richard Jones I would like to say:"Stavios you are a doofus but we like you".

That will be all. ;)
just push some weight!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »
Funny how gh15 posts changed so much =)

Stavios

« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
On behalf of Richard Jones I would like to say:"Stavios you are a doofus but we like you".

That will be all. ;)

hey alexxx

you should post more often

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
hey alexxx

you should post more often

You want to see me come train at my gym. You could try to keep up with my work out. What say you?
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
You want to see me come train at my gym. You could try to keep up with my work out. What say you?

you still train at powerflex ?

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »
I think you guys are being too hard on gh15. I think he knows of what he speaks.

I do agree that different pros have very different levels of drug use. I know that many amateurs take more drugs than many pros. So there is a difference and the difference is genetics. But as I've said before, genetics is not just muscle shape. It's not just an X-frame. It's not just muscle quantity. IT IS YOUR GENETIC RESPONSE TO THE HORMONES. Some guys like Vince Taylor take off for Germany for a year, get GHed and come back like monsters. Some guys crank the drugs hard year after year with nothing to show for it but a bunch of 4th place finishes (Erik Fromm, Eric Shannon, Galanti, Lopez etc.) Some guys like Shawn Ray have more muscle naturally than guys who juice for three years and some guys like Levrone who don't have more muscle naturally than your average guy blow up the instant their bodies get that additional testosterone.

I agree with gh15 that it would be helpful to see pics of RJ at age 15-19 to see how he looked as a teen. That would either back up RJ's claims or back up gh15.

It's always cool to see pics of pros in Musclemag interviews when they were teens, but most conspicuously leave out the early juicing years. The pic of Kamali is a good example. Early pics of Flex Wheeler give a good idea of his natural structure. There is a pic of a natural pre-juiced Levrone floating around out there, but no one's ever posted it.

RJ, you have respect from me as a guy with a phenomenal build and I'm not gonna call you a liar because no one KNOWS what another guy does to his body unless they personally witness it. Best of luck in the pros with your limited regimen. My feeling is that your ecto-frame and extremities require quantities you don't want to take to win a pro show.

Special "Deal or No Deal" Ed

And lets not forget that alot of the Pre-drug photos of the pros were really not pre-drug so to speak...They were still thinking they were taking quite abit of stuff but were in fact using bunk gear that come from guys like Dumbo/jumbo...Pure poison...

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »
Memories of a better time for the forum.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: December 26, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
What happened to Jones? I remember when he was being pipped as the next big thing

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2016, 02:36:27 AM »
One of these days I will tell you guys the story of Richard Jones, the rise and fall.
Mr. AZ 2003

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2016, 08:34:58 PM »
One of these days I will tell you guys the story of Richard Jones, the rise and fall.

lets hear it

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »

yep, tell it brother!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2020, 01:57:39 PM »
bump for the real story

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2020, 05:55:15 PM »
*bump for Richard filling us in on what he is up to?!??!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Quote from: link=action=profile;u=844 date=1482915931
Your predictions are correct.   I did not have an encounter with him we were very good friends and trained together for a long time.  Bottom line the guy did me dirty and ripped me off big time, he did the same to some of my other friends.  Don't want to get into details right now, in fact I may never.  But he is your basice befriend you and act like your best friend put you on a fake pedestool as he knives and steels all he can from you, then moves on once he has sucked that person dry, or moves on when the next person does not buy into bis bullshit.

He also got into some big trouble and some other bad shit.....I just hate when ever I read about him how they make him out to be perfect.   Dude is a straight up bad seed!!

Anyway brother,  sorry to vent on you!  Maybe we crossed paths back in the day...I was all over so cal and was a regular competitor.  How are things now bro?

This was the reply i got back about Richard back in 2016 about him, I’ve always heard shit about him from some other competitors saying he was a POS

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2020, 06:11:17 PM »

This was the reply i got back about Richard back in 2016 about him, I’ve always heard shit about him from some other competitors saying he was a POS

tell us more

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2020, 06:17:38 PM »
That's kind of a bummer to hear....

Always thought he was a good dude....I will withhold judgement for now.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one still curious about this ancient topic (been a LONG time since I've been on here)