Author Topic: Richard Jones Looking Good.  (Read 82908 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Richard Jones Looking Good.
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2006, 04:52:18 PM »
GH, you are right, the usages of drugs in BB today is widely practiced. This is what is so sad. Any sport, no matter what type of a recreational activity, is supposedly something that should be beneficial to your health. BB, in particular, is about building a beautiful physique which unfortunatelly is often done with a help of drugs. Go figure...It is the most paradoxical sports out there today if you really stop for a second and think about what it has turned into...
Funny how you generalize people by using "we". Obviuosly you could not wait long enough, doubt it was 5 years for you, before jumping on gear. But here is a little bit of truth for you. Not all do. I know from first hand experience because I had dated a guy who had an awesome physique and had never touched any of that shit. Now, I know that for a fact coz we were together pretty much 24/7, lived together, trained together, everything for 2 years and I would notice if any of that stuff was floating around. People would stop him on numerous occassions and ask if he was competing coz he looked that good and then tried to pursuade him to go and compete when he would say he did not. Sure, it took him many years to accomplish a look that a lot of people would turn their head to admire but he did it on his own and that what was so much more rewarding in the end. Just to give you an example, that some do look like they are on something without ever touching any gear. He could easily compete and I would bet everything he had a good shot at being successful in the sport. But he didn't do it for that simple reason that he didn't want to jeopardize his principles, getting on gear, having a brutal schedule, resticting his life style, and everything else that comes with prepping for a comp. He simply loved to train, bodybuild and see what improvements he could make over time. With all that comes when you are trying to get to the pro level, some of that pure enjoyment is taken away. So no, I don't think everyone gets on gear sooner or later. It is those who don't possess the ability to see what they can do beyond what is "known" one can achieve. You say you train and after a while you hit a point where you have completely realized your natural potential and so the next step is to incorporate an outside sources to help you get to the next level. Well, my question to you, how do you know what that limit is? You are not what you think you are, but what you think, you are. You don't believe what you see. You see what you already believe. So you and the rest that you claim go on gear simply are weak, more mentally then physically, which is so more sad. You look for a quick way out and something to get you fast results. The thing is once you get it, you want more and then some, which is obviuosly why in your case, and as Richard pointed out, you have to be on your 7 injections a day. Pathetic. That also proves my point that there is no limit and we as humans will always seek for something to fullfil that desire of improving upon our current accomplishments.
As for the hormones...Well, if you know enough about it and how it works, then you should be able to distinguish those who are on them and those who are not. Speaking in particular of GH, that's why you see all the bloated stomachs up on stage these days. If you compare many of the guys from a few years back, you can't miss to see the physiological changes their physiques have experienced over years of time. That's why it is called Growth hormone. You take it and everything grows, not just muscles, your joints, your jaw and your organs. Some pros today don't have those characteristical mutations even after years of training. You know, with more advocates, just like yourself, of using drugs as if it was an absolute necessity, it is not surprising that it's getting out of hand. I may be a fairly new kid on the block when it comes to the sport, but I have been around for a few years and with all of the pressure of unfair competition, trust me, I have considered getting on gear myself. However, I've decided not to do it. The more I talk to people who are on it or read posts like yours, I realize that I am better off without all that chemical stuff in my body even though I am considering competing later on again and knowing that I am going to enter an unfair game competing with those who are all "juiced up". But at least I save myself a headache of worring that one day I may repeat the case of Flex...Good luck to you with everything though, GH!

You lost me at "GH", babe.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2006, 05:10:01 PM »

Damn it.....I couldn't resist!!!! Where do I start?

Richard... that's just what he wanted. He claims to be a Pro and to have "been there". I seriously doubt it. My guess is that he's a 160 pound, 22 year old sitting behind a keyboard just hoping he can get under your skin. Please don't let him. He read a few books on gear and thinks he knows it all. Read some articles on Pro's training and thinks he knows all about that as well. He hits the gym and when he didn't gain 40 pounds in three weeks he thinks... "Well if I was on all the gear the Pro's are on, I'd be a monster too”.
and keep moving!

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
Max_Rep, naw....he doesn't get under my skin. He NEVER can and NEVER will. I just laugh at Donkeys and circus clowns! After all, isn't that what you're supposed to do? I could care less who he is, what he does or has done and what he "THINKS" he knows.

Unhooked: I was just kidding. LOL....No "corn rows" for me. My face fits more of a conservative look than to stick out of any crowd. I did try some color in 2004 by the help of an expert hairstylist that knew what looked best. But I found that to be high maintenace. It was fun. My hair color for the 2004 Mr. 'O' was like a brownish...whatever. I liked it though. It's "normal" now.

FitChic78 just laid it down perfectly. See, she's not inexperienced. She obviously can and has seen what goes on in the sport. Enough to make a great valid post with some strong points of view. She's even articulate.....unlike some! I'm not going to dignify anything else that Donkey says.

The only thing that bugs me about the boards, is when things get off topic. It get's to the 'Point of No Return'. Which in return, makes the said topic not worthy of valid responses. That's why there are Moderators on here.....to keep posts on the specific topics and keep it clean and tasteful. Good job guys. I understand that people are free to express themselves as they see fit. However, this board and others like it can be much more beneficial to those of whom want valid advice, information, and those who wish to share what they know to benefit an athlete can be very helpful.

Best Wishes to you all (even you gh"51")! I think I added enough of what I could to this topic. Once again, I appreciate the responses of the GOOD, the BAD & the UGLY!

Sincerely with respect,

Richard Jones

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »
When will people understand that bodybuilding pros get big by using supplements bought at stores like max muscle for example. How many times do we have to tell the public that it takes hard work, food, sleep and food supplements from anywhere, max muscle to name one. 

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2006, 05:38:58 PM »
RJ,
Thanks for your support of what I had to say. Sorry, I guess it did get steerred off the topic a bit...
You have never answered someone's question, in this thread I believe, on what show you may be competing in next. You've hinted we would see you up there on stage pretty soon though. Have you already set your mind on something in particular? Colorado Pro maybe? I think I saw your name on the list of contestants at one point...
Best wishes!
*FitChic*

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2006, 05:58:48 PM »
RJ,
Thanks for your support of what I had to say. Sorry, I guess it did get steerred off the topic a bit...
You have never answered someone's question, in this thread I believe, on what show you may be competing in next. You've hinted we would see you up there on stage pretty soon though. Have you already set your mind on something in particular? Colorado Pro maybe? I think I saw your name on the list of contestants at one point...
Best wishes!
*FitChic*

FitChic78....no worries on the support. It was a great post. Much credit to it. About competing this year...? I contemplating on a few shows a bit later on in the year. Don't have a specific one yet. I'm in 'striking distance' to both the Colorado and the NY Pro. But nothing set in stone yet. Time flies....it's almost March! The Arnold is next weekend and then after that, I'll see where I am at mentally as well physically. I'll compete out of choice, not because I have to. I look at bodybuilding a little differently now. So, I just envision what "I" want to look like! Not what I "have" to look like. The Arnold should be a good line-up.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Unhooked

« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »
Richard just ignore this Gh15 guy, if u keep responding to him he will keep talkin nonsense..

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2006, 09:24:24 PM »
Don't hate me guys. Rich is my fav. bber, so I hope he doesn't think I'm talkin' about him. But come on now, I've been in the game way too long to listen to someone at the top of this sport today say he's natural or can ever compete natural. Look at Flex when he tried it. Just can't be done, not in the pros or any pro qualifier. I mean, you can do it, but you'll look like Jocelyn Pelletier next to the top guys.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »
Glad to hear things are going good Richard, the ideas for the video sound pretty cool.

Look forward to seeing you compete again in the near future. But you better keep your nose to the ground, word on the street is that "Gh15" aka "Buddy McDoomis" is coming up fast and stronger then ever. I've even heard that he's begun to arm wrestle employees at other offices in his area and that he is absolutely unstoppable. I would hate to know that he could surpass you at any minute ;)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2006, 11:37:51 PM »
Richard is genetically elite in the muscle department. The guy has a physique that over 99% of males cannot achieve. To say that he's an appropriate role model for health and fitness is dangerously misleading for impressionable trainees. This is not to put the finger on Richard but it must be said.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2006, 12:16:42 AM »
Richard is genetically elite in the muscle department. The guy has a physique that over 99% of males cannot achieve. To say that he's an appropriate role model for health and fitness is dangerously misleading for impressionable trainees. This is not to put the finger on Richard but it must be said.

He is a role model of how a Champion should present him (or her) self, a role model of an uplifting and self determined attitude and belief system, and a role model of how one can articulate ones self.

The true "trophy" that comes from Bodybuilding is not limited to improvements of the body. The "trophy" is the lesson learned about determination, discipline, work-ethic, organized planning, seeing a project through to completion, self esteem and a host of other intrinsic skills and motivations one can develop through bodybuilding. It seems to me Richard has also extended these skill to include development of his vocabulary, writing skills, martial arts, weapons, speed, agility, timing and more.

Skills and factors like this will help a person in his/her career, education, relationships and communication... just to name a few.   

How is leaving young impressionable trainees with the idea that they might want to consider multi-dimensional self improvement misleading? That we can't all excel to the levels of achievement Richard has in all those area's is not the lesson derived from a role model. The lesson is to continually strive to improve one's self in many area's and to never ever, ever allow the disparaging remarks of others or the limiting beliefs of others to deter you from your own goals and ideals.

Once that lesson is learned it’s effect on a person can never be taken away and most likely they will excel in area’s of their own making.

Tell me again how this is a bad thing?   

and keep moving!

DLock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2006, 01:07:30 AM »
Rich,
Here's a few pictures to bring the thread back on track and to revive a few memories.
They are from the FIBO 2004 in Germany where I had the pleasure of working with Rich, DJ, Ruhl, Gunther and Ernie Taylor for 4 days at the show.
I think Rich was a few weeks out from a show and the pics of his forearms was just insane and hard to capture on film, but they were pretty freaky. And you can see he still has the lines and some improvements...in fact he is still wearing the same trunks.
Back then he was very humble and thankful for every fan than came by, signing pictures, posing and talking to people. It's good to see your still the same Rich.
When you in Thailand?
Later
DLock.

DLock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2006, 01:20:26 AM »
...and a couple more.
Clearly DJ and Chris were off season.
DLock

DLock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2006, 01:21:49 AM »
Damn, having trouble with mulitiple pics.
Sorry.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2006, 01:38:16 AM »
This post has been moved to:

"GH15’s Very Own “Tell it Like it is Thread”

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=57269.0

fallen angel

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2006, 03:13:30 AM »
This post has been moved to:

"GH15’s Very Own “Tell it Like it is Thread”

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=57269.0

the talliban and josef stalin had views of education too
and if you didnt conform to his rules

you were OUT. 

yes, kinda like the way max rep does censorship

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2006, 10:57:48 AM »
I can see both sides of the issue here.

gh15 has some exciting info to share, and really does reveal something about the serious gear use that is out there. To both competitors and casual obsers alike, it's fascinating and fun to read.

from maxrep's angle, this thread started about Rich Jones, one of the few pros to post here with positivity and regularity.  We don't want his thread derailed.

Despite the dispute, splitting the thread was probably the best idea. I really look fwd to hearing more from gh15 about this, as well as Rich Jones anwering questions.

Stavios

« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2006, 11:32:40 AM »
I can see both sides of the issue here.
gh15 has some exciting info to share, and really does reveal something about the serious gear use that is out there. To both competitors and casual obsers alike, it's fascinating and fun to read.
from maxrep's angle, this thread started about Rich Jones, one of the few pros to post here with positivity and regularity.  We don't want his thread derailed.
Despite the dispute, splitting the thread was probably the best idea. I really look fwd to hearing more from gh15 about this, as well as Rich Jones anwering questions.

Very true rob

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »
I've known a few guys who have gotten their pro cards and neither used growth to get it.

They used plenty of test, a fair amount of vet mixs (deca + whatever) and various orals (anadrol/dianabol) to get size.

Pre contest they added thyroid, clenbuterol, stanazol and primo tabs

No insulin either.

They were big dudes but nothing like todays monsters.

The cycles were 6 months long but post contest they took a decent break.

They did retain a small waist and symmetrical lines however...

Stavios

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »
post that in the gh15 thread, no more talk about this in RJ's thread

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »

How is leaving young impressionable trainees with the idea that they might want to consider multi-dimensional self improvement misleading?
The way you consider it,it is not. Let's get back to what I implied. To answer your question, it presents a professional level physique that is not attainable. It can lead to obsession, encourages drug use, and a psychological, distorted view of what is ideal. And, this is coming from someone who is not natural. You want to become a pro BB'er, then and only then is it ideal. But, it can ultimately leave you with no self worth if you don't have the genes for it. All the mental aspects, hard training, i.e., positive things you made an argument for becomes enshrouded. The real guys preaching this stuff are people you don't want to look at.
We are straying off topic here. I am sure Richard is a nice guy. The dude has a tremendous physique and deserves his fare share of recognition as a top level bodybuilder. But role models we are not. That's just the way I see it bro.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2006, 01:37:22 PM »

The way you consider it,it is not.

Let's get back to what I implied. To answer your question, it presents a professional level physique that is not attainable. It can lead to obsession, encourages drug use, and a psychological, distorted view of what is ideal. And, this is coming from someone who is not natural. You want to become a pro BB'er, then and only then is it ideal. But, it can ultimately leave you with no self worth if you don't have the genes for it. All the mental aspects, hard training, i.e., positive things you made an argument for becomes enshrouded. The real guys preaching this stuff are people you don't want to look at.

We are straying off topic here. I am sure Richard is a nice guy. The dude has a tremendous physique and deserves his fare share of recognition as a top level bodybuilder. But role models we are not. That's just the way I see it bro.

FREAKgeek... I understand your points and they are good ones... but perhaps a kid gets on the right track with improving himself in many area's of his life (not just bb) and realizes that the recognition and sense of achievement he gets from those accomplishments is exactly why he wanted 20 inch arms. It's all speculation but if you ask me I'd rather see Richard and guy's like him influencing these kids rather than some of the other characters floating around the industry.

and keep moving!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2006, 08:27:18 AM »
I just would like to add that the act of taking steroids to accoplish the goals in which they were intended to acheive (pro status) are so far from having any acceptable moral judgement, that I could not believe that a person based on Bodybuilding accolades alone (and a nice smail and being polite to thier fans) cannot be a justified role model.
Which would be different from say Lee Haney who is a role model in the fact that he does all those things for children and the poor which are acts that are commendable but one has to look at Haney and say , you are a role model cause of your devotion to those in need , not cause you were the most diesel guy in the 80's.

So i guess BB can be role models for other the avenues of life they pursue, but not for BB ..ever..
Too much drug usage which leads to youth/others imitaiting steroid use, destroys there lives, the general disregard for the laws of the country, and destroys the body which God blessed you... too much 
L

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »
I just would like to add that the act of taking steroids to accoplish the goals in which they were intended to acheive (pro status) are so far from having any acceptable moral judgement, that I could not believe that a person based on Bodybuilding accolades alone (and a nice smail and being polite to thier fans) cannot be a justified role model.
Which would be different from say Lee Haney who is a role model in the fact that he does all those things for children and the poor which are acts that are commendable but one has to look at Haney and say , you are a role model cause of your devotion to those in need , not cause you were the most diesel guy in the 80's.
So i guess BB can be role models for other the avenues of life they pursue, but not for BB ..ever..
Too much drug usage which leads to youth/others imitaiting steroid use, destroys there lives, the general disregard for the laws of the country, and destroys the body which God blessed you... too much 

I'd just like to add that taking steroids in some countries is perfectly legal.

Ask Dennis James.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
Being intelligent is definitely sexy  ;D ;D ;D