Author Topic: Carly Fiorina for President!  (Read 30515 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Carliy Fiorina for President!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 05:05:52 AM »
Here’s Why Carly Fiorina Thinks She Can Best Criticize Hillary Clinton
by Zeke J Miller

Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina is gearing up to announce a White House bid this year, positioning herself as the Republican party’s chief critic of likely Democratic nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Fiorina begins as a relative unknown, and trails far in the polls. In a speech to the Iowa Freedom Summit, a conservative cattle call hosted by Rep. Steve King, Fiorina offered a preview of her anti-Clinton message, which she believes she, as the only other woman in the race, is best equipped to offer.

“Like Hillary Clinton, I too have traveled hundreds of thousands of miles around the globe,” she said. “But unlike her, I have actually accomplished something. Mrs. Clinton, flying is an activity not an accomplishment.”

The full Clinton excerpt is below:

“We must understand our role in the world – which is to lead – and the nature of our allies and especially, our adversaries. Like Hillary Clinton, I too have travelled hundreds of thousands of miles around the globe. But unlike her, I have actually accomplished something. Mrs. Clinton, flying is not an accomplishment, it’s an activity. I have met Vladimir Putin and know that it will take more to halt his ambitions than a gimmicky red ‘Reset’ button. Having done business in over 80 countries and having served as the Chairman of the External Advisory Board at the CIA for several eyars, I know that China and Russia are state-sponsors of cyberwarfare and have a strategy to steal our intellectual property. I know Bibi Netanyahu and know that when he warns us that Iran is a danger to this nation as well as to his own, that we must listen. And unlike Hillary Clinton I know what difference it makes that our American Ambassador and three other brave Americans were killed in a deliberate terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9-11 in Libya. And apparently unlike Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, I know that the response of our nation must be more forceful than the arrest of a single individual a year later.”

A Republican strategist told TIME last year that Fiorina could be a potent weapon for the GOP in the coming cycle. “The most effective way to criticize a woman is to have another woman do it.”

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 05:22:41 AM »
Like Meg Whitman (who didn’t vote for 30 years) Fiorina is flawed candidate.  Her business experience is ostensibly her qualification for running, but the company imploded during her tenure and the stock dropped more than 50%.  She was very publicly fired and everyone connected to Hewlett Packard says she was a colossal failure (and that’s one of the nicer comments).  Shareholders hated her.  In her Senate race against Boxer, she was caught making catty comments about her opponent’s hairdo (nevermind that Fiorina's hair looks like a mop) is that the kind of leadership people want on a national stage? Who in his right mind would donate money to her candidacy?   ???

Video:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/09/open-mic-catches-fiorina-dig-at-boxer/?fbid=D9zkm9BH5Pk

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Carly Fiorina for President!
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:37 AM »
Fiorina: 'Looking more likely' I'll run for president
by Alexandra Jaffe

Washington (CNN)Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina said Thursday it's "looking more likely" that she'll run for president in 2016, though she acknowledged she faces challenges in the wide-open Republican presidential primary field.

In an interview on Boston Herald Radio, Fiorina said her primary concern right now is introducing herself to voters, and raising enough money to compete.

"Of course people don't know me and they need to get to know me," Fiorina said. "Do we need to raise money? Yes. Do we need to raise as much money as Jeb Bush? No."

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's team has telegraphed plans to raise $100 million in the first quarter of the year, an eye-popping sum intended to discourage some of his potential GOP opponents from the race. Fiorina said, however, she believes there are other ways to compete.

"Money is important, but money is not everything, and I actually think good, old-fashioned, on-the-ground, reach-out politics counts for a lot," she said.

Her announcement late last year of her interest in the potential 2016 race surprised many political watchers, as she's never held public office, and made just one run at it, a failed challenge to Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2010. Since announcing, she's hired staff and is headed to New Hampshire later this month, with an announcement of her decision reportedly planned for May.

If she were to jump in the race, Fiorina could likely self-fund to some degree, as she did during her 2010 run for Senate.

In addition to her personal wealth, Fiorina's position as the only GOP woman openly considering a bid could be an asset. She was recently labeled "the GOP's weapon against Hillary Clinton," the presumptive Democratic nominee, in a Forbes feature highlighting her advantages as a potential female contender.

But Fiorina said her appeal is based on more than that.

"I'm not running because I'm a woman but the fact is I am a woman ... and I think it is an important part of who I am," she said. " "I certainly believe that all of us, men and women, are judged on our character and our accomplishments and our track records and our lives — and I look forward to those things being examined about me."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 05:15:55 AM »
Eyeing Presidential Run, Carly Fiorina Tip-Toes Around Marriage
The former CEO of Hewlett-Packard and failed senate candidate pushes her conservative cred
by Neal Broverman

Former executive Carly Fiorina has all but said she's angling for the Republican nomination for president next year. To lay the groundwork, Fiorina gave an interview to The Christian Post discussing some issues near and dear to conservatives: abortion and same-sex marriage.

Fiorina was careful to not be as adamant in her opposition to marriage equality as she was to abortion rights (where she claimed embryos feel pain and fetuses dream). When asked about the upcoming Supreme Court case weighing nationwide marriage equality, Fiorina gave this opaque response: "[Same-sex marriage] is an important conversation that is going on in homes, churches, and communities across the country. I think that the worst thing the Supreme Court can do right now is shortcut this conversation."

Fiorina, who ran unsuccessfully for the Senate in 2010, also claimed that federal spending on education does nothing for students.

Here is the transcript of that interview:

CP: You've said that you're thinking about running for president. How will you make that decision?

Fiorina: I am seriously considering it. My decision will be based on if we can build the right support, team, and financial resources.

CP: You recently delivered a pro-life speech at The Heritage Foundation in conjunction with the March for Life. Some politicians try to avoid that issue as much as they can. Why did you want to tackle the issue?

Fiorina: Because life is an important issue that we shouldn't be afraid to talk about. Like I said at that March for Life event, science is on our side. It shows that unborn babies feel pain and dream at five months and that the DNA on the day that we die is the same DNA we had as a zygote. Every human life is precious and has potential.

CP: I saw recently that you do not support Common Core. What is your main concern — federal involvement? The standards themselves? All of the above?

Fiorina: America's future prosperity requires that changes be made to Common Core. The facts are pretty clear, the bigger our education department becomes, the worse our public education becomes. There's no connection between spending more money in our nation's capital and a better school system. Parents should be given choice, competition, and accountability in the classroom. Teaching entrepreneurship, innovation, risk taking, and imagination comes with local control and we have to maintain this in our school system.

CP: This summer the U.S. Supreme Court will decide whether the U.S. Constitution requires states to redefine marriage to include same-sex couples. What should the Court do?

Fiorina: This is an important conversation that is going on in homes, churches, and communities across the country. I think that the worst thing the Supreme Court can do right now is shortcut this conversation.

CP: What are your religious beliefs and how do those beliefs inform your political views?

Fiorina: I am a Christian. I believe that everyone of us is equal in the eyes of God, and therefore, I know that everyone is capable of living a life of dignity, purpose, and meaning.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »
Carly Fiorina Shapes Herself as the Republican Foil to Hillary Clinton
By AMY CHOZICK

WASHINGTON — She has been the chief executive of Hewlett-Packard, a senior adviser to a Republican presidential nominee and a candidate for the United States Senate. But Carly Fiorina recently took on her boldest role yet: Hillary Rodham Clinton’s loudest critic.

Over the past few weeks, Ms. Fiorina has mocked Mrs. Clinton’s globe-trotting as secretary of state, assailed Mrs. Clinton’s use of only a private email account to do official business, and even accused Mrs. Clinton of stealing intellectual property. From her. Twice.

Ms. Fiorina insists she has no problem with Mrs. Clinton personally — only with her liberal philosophy and policies, and what she dismisses as an unimpressive record on getting things done.

“Like Hillary Clinton, I too, have traveled hundreds of thousands of miles around the globe, but unlike her, I have actually accomplished something,” she told conservatives in Iowa in January. “Mrs. Clinton: Flying is an activity, not an accomplishment.”

Ms. Fiorina easily sticks out among the wide field of possible Republican contenders for president: Most of the others are white men. But what has distinguished her most so far, aside from her gender, is not her private-sector experience or her pro-market policies, but her increasingly pointed attacks on Mrs. Clinton.

Of course, every Republican contender has taken aim at Mrs. Clinton, the presumed Democratic opponent who looms in the distance. But Ms. Fiorina alone can present herself as a natural foil without the added risk of being labeled a sexist man.

“In a field of men, she could really emerge as a very effective critic of Hillary, which Republicans are going to need,” said Rob Stutzman, a Republican strategist in Sacramento. “You look at the field, and obviously there is a space for a very articulate, conservative woman.”

Allies of Mrs. Clinton, who plans to make gender a central part of her appeal, call this a cynical ploy. Ms. Fiorina, they say, is being put to use by a Republican Party that is desperate to damage Mrs. Clinton without antagonizing female voters.

“These guys really believe it’s unfair that women are now running,” said Ann Lewis, a senior adviser to Mrs. Clinton in her 2008 campaign.

Speaking after Ms. Fiorina had just ridiculed Mrs. Clinton’s travel pace as secretary of state at the Iowa event, Ms. Lewis said: “Carly Fiorina went only to show she could be mean to Hillary.”

And Adrienne Elrod, a spokeswoman for Correct the Record, a group set up to defend Mrs. Clinton, dismissed Ms. Fiorina as “short on substance, with sophomoric one-liners,” in contrast to Mrs. Clinton’s “forward-thinking agenda and lifetime of work fighting for children and families.”
Continue reading the main story

In an interview, Ms. Fiorina, 60, said she was not seeking the approval of Republican leaders. “The party is not leaning on me to do anything, and I didn’t ask the party’s permission,” she said.

But she did not shy away from arguing that her gender, along with her having worked her way up from a secretary to chief executive of Hewlett-Packard, made her particularly well positioned to go after Mrs. Clinton.

“The Democrats and Hillary Clinton have made gender an issue with their ridiculous ‘war on women,’” Ms. Fiorina said, alluding to the contention that Republicans have sought to hold women back by denying them reproductive rights and pay equity, among other things. “I think if Hillary Clinton faces a woman opponent, she will get a hitch in her swing.”

In addition to her belief in deregulation and free markets, Ms. Fiorina is adamantly against abortion rights. “Liberals believe that flies are worth protecting but that the life of an unborn child is not,” she said in Iowa.

Some of Ms. Fiorina’s lines of attack seem less high-minded.

She accused Mrs. Clinton, whose most recent memoir is “Hard Choices,” of copying the title of her own 2006 memoir, “Tough Choices.” An aide to Ms. Fiorina posted an image on Twitter of the two book jackets side by side.

And last month, after Mrs. Clinton urged 5,000 female tech professionals in Silicon Valley to “unlock our full potential,” Ms. Fiorina again accused Mrs. Clinton of stealing: Her leadership political action committee, an aide to Ms. Fiorina noted, is called the Unlocking Potential Project. And next weekend she will kick off an Unlocking Potential conference, with the tagline “From Hometowns to Washington: How Women Across America Can Create Real Conservative Change.”

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton declined to comment, but Ms. Fiorina came in for some derision on The Huffington Post, which recounted the tussle under the headline “Overused Management Bromide Now the Exclusive Property of Carly Fiorina, Apparently.”

A Nexis search identified 618 uses of the phrase “unlocking potential” in news articles in the past year.

Despite their vastly different politics, Mrs. Clinton and Ms. Fiorina have had to weather the challenges of being powerful women in male-dominated worlds.

When Ms. Fiorina, formerly a top executive at Lucent Technologies, took over at Hewlett-Packard in 1999, it was the largest publicly traded company ever to be led by a woman. Yet she also outraged some feminists by saying, “ I hope that we are at a point that everyone has figured out that there is not a glass ceiling.”

Her business career ended a few years later in one of the more notorious flameouts in modern corporate history. After orchestrating a merger with Compaq that was then widely seen as a failure, she was ousted in 2005.

Still, Ms. Fiorina received more than $21 million in severance, and she began to dabble in politics. In 2008 she advised Senator John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee. Two years later, Ms. Fiorina challenged Senator Barbara Boxer of California, but lost by 10 percentage points. “We gained a lot of Republican votes,” she said, but her campaign could not compete with the Democratic get-out-the-vote effort in California.

Ms. Fiorina moved to Virginia in 2011 with her husband, Frank, and is now involved in several nonprofits, including Opportunity International, a provider of microloans to people in developing countries that lists her friend Deborah Bowker as an executive.

She also left behind nearly $500,000 in campaign debt and several unhappy political consultants. The San Francisco Chronicle called Ms. Fiorina the “deadbeat presidential candidate,” a characterization the newspaper later took back. In the interview, she said the debts were her campaign’s, not hers personally, and that she had repaid them.

Ms. Fiorina has not spared her Republican rivals entirely. She suggested that Jeb Bush hoped to “scare people out of the race” by raising the most money, but added, “I don’t think it’s working.”

She also said her party could be more sensitive when it comes to discussing women’s issues. “I think Democrats have to work on their policies,” she said, “and Republicans have to work on our tone.”

For now, though, Ms. Fiorina seems content to focus most of her fire on Mrs. Clinton, a target who in practical terms is a very long way off.

“I don’t know that she views it as her assigned role,” Ms. Bowker said of Ms. Fiorina’s attacks on Mrs. Clinton. “But is she comfortable making those comments she’s made lately? Absolutely, she’s comfortable.”

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 04:18:13 AM »
Being the POTUS is a man's job. Period.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »
Economic growth is not a government function. The best thing they can do is stay out of the way, lower taxes, and reduce regulations.

People such as myself and many others who are business owners and are taxed at least twice on our money would like to see little or no corporate tax.
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »
Carly Fiorina Slams Tim Cook As A Hypocrite For Indiana Criticism
By Lydia O'Connor

Likely GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is calling out Apple CEO Tim Cook as a hypocrite for criticizing Indiana's new Religious Freedom Restoration Act while his company does business in multiple countries that discriminate.

“When Tim Cook is upset about all the places that he does business because of the way they treat gays and women, he needs to withdraw from 90% of the markets that he’s in, including China and Saudi Arabia,” the former Hewlett-Packard CEO told The Wall Street Journal on Thursday. “But I don’t hear him being upset about that.”

Last week, Cook joined a chorus of other tech industry executives speaking out against Indiana's new law, which allows individuals and corporations to cite religious beliefs as a defense in a lawsuit. That prompted fears that businesses would use the law to legally refuse service to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender customers.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) insisted that the legislation was never intended to shield such discrimination, but the public backlash mounted. On Thursday, state lawmakers added language establishing that the law does not authorize businesses to refuse service on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. Critics, however, said the fix was too weak and called for Indiana to pass comprehensive nondiscrimination protections.

Fiorina, whose criticism of Cook echoes that of other conservative commentators, told The Wall Street Journal that she found nothing objectionable in the original bill that Pence signed last week. While she has stopped short of endorsing same-sex marriage, she said last week that same-sex couples bound by civil unions should receive equal government benefits.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 02:59:38 AM »
Yeah... Carly Fiorina for President because she did such a great job with HP... ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 04:56:26 AM »
Yeah... Carly Fiorina for President because she did such a great job with HP... ::)

Ha ha ha

You have to give her credit: she has more gall than any candidate we have seen in a long time.  She had a spectacular flop at HP and lost a senate race to Boxer in California.  Rejected by CA voters, she immediately moved to Northern Virgina to be close to the corridors of power in Washington DC.  And now she wants to be President.  ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:35 AM »
Fiorina is up in Clinton's space in South Carolina
By Eric Bradner

Columbia, South Carolina (CNN)Hillary Clinton was in town on Wednesday -- and so was Carly Fiorina.

First the former Hewlett Packard chief executive popped up outside the Marriott hotel where Clinton was just about to kick off a campaign event, offering to take questions from the press since Clinton so often won't.

Forty-five minutes later and six blocks down the road, there Fiorina was again, bragging to the South Carolina House Republican caucus about what she'd just done as they chewed on grilled chicken at a Hilton hotel luncheon.

"I've answered probably 420-plus questions on the record about everything, from, 'Is a hot dog a sandwich?' -- I flubbed that one, I will tell you -- to what I would do about ISIS and everything in between," Fiorina said. "And Hillary Clinton has answered maybe 15 questions."

Barely registering at the polls and less than three months away from the GOP's first primary debate, Fiorina is making her one and only play: attacking the best-known presidential candidate of them all. And while it's too soon to tell whether Fiorina's tactics are paying off in the polls, Republican officials and activists in the early-primary states say what she's doing is working.

This is the niche Fiorina has carved for herself: In the Republican lineup of presidential candidates, she's the anti-Clinton designated hitter.

By tracking the Democratic front-runner down in Columbia, Fiorina all but guaranteed herself at least a small spot in national news stories about Clinton's campaign -- just enough limelight to make a difference for a campaign desperate to climb out of the GOP's ranks of also-rans in one of the most crowded primary fields in recent memory.

Fiorina's go-to line -- the one she peppers into every speech and question-and-answer session -- is "unlike Hillary Clinton." And the fact that they are the two women in the 2016 presidential race might be about all that Clinton and Fiorina -- or at least their campaigns -- have in common.

More important, though, is that strategically, they exist in entirely different worlds.

For Clinton, the run for the White House is more of a long slog. She's under no particular pressure from other candidates in her own party to deliver bold policy ideas, field tough questions from reporters or stage the sorts of campaign rallies that she's certain to attend a year from now.

Fiorina, though, is already under serious pressure.

Just three weeks into her campaign for the Republican nomination, she's cognizant she only a little more than two months to climb into the ranks of the top 10 contenders in a much broader field. That's in order to appear in the first Fox News debate, and the top-tier of CNN's planned two debates -- crucial to gaining a much broader audience.

"Now that I understand the rules and I understand the goals, I'm going to work hard to meet the goals," she told CNN. "I don't think they change (my tactics) that much. I'm confident that I'll be on that debate stage."

So Fiorina has chosen to play up an angle that could get her there: the GOP's female anti-Clinton.

She doesn't delve much into her own vision for domestic policy on the campaign trail, instead leaning on her technology experience and highlighting her stylistic differences with President Barack Obama and, particularly, Clinton. The subtext: Of everyone in the room who shares a distaste for Clinton, Fiorina's is the most bitter of all.

The former CEO said she was intentionally chasing Clinton down in Columbia, noting that she'd scheduled a trip to the Palmetto State's capital city weeks earlier. But Wednesday's events told a different story -- as did the email Fiorina aide Sarah Isgur Flores sent to the press corps that travels with Clinton on Tuesday night.

"We know it must be hard covering the 'Hillary for America But Against Transparency' campaign," she said.

"We've answered hundreds of questions from reporters because we believe the American people will not and should not elect a president that can't answer for her record, won't explain her positions or for whom the truth is whatever she can get away with," Flores said.

Deepening its attack, Fiorina's campaign launched a social media effort with the hashtag "#AskHillary."

Still, tallying the number of questions Fiorina has taken compared to Clinton is just the latest line of attack the former business executive's campaign has used.

One of her biggest applause lines on the stump is a critique of Clinton's time as secretary of state: Jetting around the world, Fiorina says, "is an activity, not an accomplishment."

She, too, has met foreign leaders, Fiorina said Wednesday.

"Unlike Hillary Clinton, I didn't do photo ops. I had real meetings," she said.

She also used a playful but personal jab at Bill Clinton, turning one woman's Facebook attack on female presidential candidates around by saying she's heard of male politicians' "judgment being clouded by hormones."

While her gender could make Fiorina's attacks on Clinton more effective with some audiences, the gambit also comes with some risks, conservative operatives and commentators have warned.

RedState.com's Leon H. Wolf compared it to "tokenism" and said Fiorina's gambit risks undermining the female leaders better known to party insiders, like South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susanna Martinez.

Nicolle Wallace, a former top George W. Bush aide and now co-host of The View, asked in a Politico podcast this month, of Fiorina's role as the GOP's chief Clinton attack dog: "Why does that fall to a woman?"

"You know, I don't want to be the chick police, but I think that Carly will go far by broadening the attack to everything that's wrong with the liberal approach as opposed to being the thorn in Hillary Clinton's side," she said.

"She runs the risk of having it look personal," Wallace said. "But it's certainly up to her, if she thinks she's found her niche as the No. 1 Hillary Clinton critic, I'm sure she'll get a lot of attention."

Still, Fiorina is winning rave reviews on the campaign trail -- particularly in Iowa and New Hampshire, where she's been a fixture and where strong speeches and an outsider's firebrand appeal could help her in a pack of governors and senators.

South Carolina state Rep. Rita Allison, a Republican who chairs the House's education panel, said Fiorina is "very direct, she's very positive, she has great leadership abilities -- I noted that right away."

"As she moves through, if people want to do a comparison (of Fiorina and Clinton), they'll definitely see the difference," Allison said.

"Her name," she said of Fiorina, "will become a kitchen table name very quickly."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 06:20:32 PM »
Carly Fiorina won the ‘Happy Hour’ debate. By a lot.
By Chris Cillizza

Carly Fiorina was the only woman on stage at the so-called "Happy Hour" debate on Thursday night. She was also the only one of the seven candidates who made clear that she deserves more attention -- and a more prime spot in the debates -- as the campaign continues.

From the start, Fiorina was poised and confident. She followed a halting and seemingly nervous answer by Texas Gov. Rick Perry with a fluid riff on why she was running and how she was best positioned to beat Hillary Clinton. And, she closed that first answer with this quotable (and good) line: "The highest calling of leadership is to challenge the status quo and unlock the potential of others. We need a leader who will lead the resurgence of this great nation and unlock its potential once again."

That poised and confident answer was a sign of things to come for Fiorina. As people like Perry (still not a good debater), South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham (why was he so sad???) and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum (angry much?) struggled, Fiorina shined. She repeatedly hit on her knowledge of the world and foreign policy and, smartly for this Republican audience, went after Clinton on Benghazi.

What made Fiorina stand out -- more than what she said on any particular topic -- was that she looked up to the moment. She was prepared and poised. She rarely glanced at notes. She spoke freely and easily.  She had the "it" factor.

Now, winning a debate of second tier candidates that ran at 5 p.m. Eastern time in early August is not the same as winning a general election debate in primetime. Fiorina has been getting rave reviews on the campaign trail but has yet to see any real gains -- either in national polling or surveys done in states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

It seems likely now though that she'll get the boost she's been waiting for. From there, it's up to her to keep it going.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
I dont remember exactly how high of office anne richards ran for but she probably would have been decent.

made it to Governor of Texas

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 07:04:57 AM »
GOP candidate apparently had her debate remarks leaked after accidentally leaving them in a hotel printer
by Colin Campbell

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina apparently had her closing statement leaked ahead of the first Republican presidential debate on Thursday.

Sergio Gor, a political operative who works for rival candidate and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), posted the statement on Twitter ahead of the debate. Without giving away the name of the candidate, Gor wrote that the remarks were found in a hotel printer:

Tweet Embed:
https://twitter.com/mims/statuses/629381741132648449
Someone left their closing statement for tonight's @FoxNews debate in the hotel printer.Can you guess who?@LaCivitaC pic.twitter.com/p6rWhnFGAU

It seemed likely at the time that the statement belonged to Fiorina, as she had given very similar remarks before. And sure enough, Fiorina's closing remarks almost exactly tailored to the leaked message.

Here's what she said at the debate:

Hillary Clinton lies about Benghazi. She lies about emails. She is still defending Planned Parenthood and she is still her party's front-runner. 2016 is going to be a fight between conservatism and a Democrat Party that is undermining the very character of this nation. We need a nominee who is going to throw every punch, not pull punches, and someone who cannot stumble before he even gets into the ring. I am not a member of the political class. I am a conservative. I can win this job. I can do this job. I need your help. I need your support. I will, with your help and support, lead the resurgence of this great nation. Thank you.

Fiorina's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 07:51:19 AM »
GOP candidate apparently had her debate remarks leaked after accidentally leaving them in a hotel printer
by Colin Campbell

Fionorini being outed by an HP printer, after making her fortune at HP.   Argh, the irony!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »
Fionorini being outed by an HP printer, after making her fortune at HP.   Argh, the irony!

she looked good...at least maybe vice -president material....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 09:16:37 AM »
she looked good...at least maybe vice -president material....

sounds like almost all of those repubs would pick her as the veep choice.

she'll be in the next debate, no matter where she's polling. 

cruz' super pac gave her half a million.  i bet she plays nice with him in the debates.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 09:30:01 AM »

cruz' super pac gave her half a million.  i bet she plays nice with him in the debates.

Agreed...Fiorina is definitely what people thought Sarah Palin would be, but never became...she's earned my respect even though she has failed at basically everything shes done lately

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

That's been the talk I've been hearing as well.

Even Rick Perry was kissing her ass during the debate.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 02:50:09 PM »
Carly Fiorina’s conversion from Hillary Clinton fan to fervent critic
By Ruth Marcus

Carly Fiorina says some, well, interesting things while waiting to go on camera.

In 2010, the then-GOP Senate nominee went all middle-school-cafeteria on her Democratic opponent’s hairdo. “God, what is that hair? Sooo yesterday,” Fiorina, already miked up, commented, quoting an aide’s assessment. Two years earlier, in the makeup room at ABC’s “This Week” with me, Fiorina said something that, at the time, was mildly interesting, but is now revelatory. It was May 2008, close to the end of the long primary battle between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and we were discussing the two Democratic contenders.

At which point Fiorina, then a campaign surrogate for presumptive GOP nominee John McCain, offered some unprompted praise for Clinton: If Fiorina hadn’t been backing McCain, she told me, she would have been for Clinton.

“That’s off the record,” Fiorina immediately added.

Here a pause for a discussion of journalism ethics. The commonly understood rule governing when quotations are not for the record requires the source to state that position in advance, so that the reporter can agree to the limitation or not.

As veteran editor Norman Pearlstine wrote in a useful set of journalistic guidelines: “We do not allow sources to change the ground rules governing specific quotations after the fact. Once a quote is on the record, it remains there.”

The Post’s style guide cautions that “inexperienced sources — usually ordinary people who unexpectedly find themselves the news — should clearly understand that you are a reporter and should not be surprised to find themselves quoted in the newspaper.”

The first female chief executive of a Fortune 100 company and an authorized surrogate for a presidential nominee does not count as an inexperienced source. I didn’t challenge Fiorina at the time and didn’t use her comments because they didn’t strike me as newsworthy enough: By that point, Clinton was clearly not going to be the Democratic nominee.

Now is different, for two reasons. First, Fiorina’s praise of Clinton then contradicts her attacks on Clinton now. Second, Fiorina is no longer a surrogate; she’s a candidate, for the highest office in the land.

At the time, Fiorina’s comments were surprising but not entirely outlandish. She and Clinton had been two prominent jousters at the glass ceiling. Fiorina was on a mission to woo Clinton voters for McCain. She was outspoken on issues of gender equity, questioning why many health plans covered erectile dysfunction drugs but not birth-control pills and, in the process, embarrassing her own candidate, who had voted twice against requiring insurers to cover contraceptives.

The month after our ABC encounter, Fiorina declared her “great admiration and respect for Hillary Clinton and her candidacy and leadership.”

Compare that with Fiorina today. “Throughout this campaign, I have repeatedly asked Hillary Clinton to name an accomplishment,” she wrote in a commentary published on CNN.com. “She has yet to name one.”

Clinton, she added, is “the epitome of a professional political class that has managed a bloated, inept, corrupt federal government for far too long.”

Fiorina’s shifting stance on Clinton is striking: She has gone from stealth fan to Public Enemy No. 1 — the (not coincidentally female) face in the crowd who is willing to slam Clinton most ferociously as a lightweight and a liar.

One potential answer: Fiorina once was impressed but became disillusioned with Clinton’s performance as secretary of state. But “that was then, this is post-Benghazi” is not an explanation that would sit particularly well with the conservative voters Fiorina is wooing.

Another possible explanation: Fiorina then was busy sucking up to Clinton voters, trying to woo them for McCain. So she got carried away. But this interpretation poses a variation of the classic trial lawyer’s question: Which time were you being disingenuous?

Contacted for comment, Fiorina’s deputy campaign manager, Sarah Isgur Flores, said, “If Carly had been asked at the end of the Clinton-Obama primary who she would have supported in that race, she would have said Mrs. Clinton. . . . Carly, however, doesn’t remember meeting or talking to Ms. Marcus on this or any other subject.”

But the context of that conversation wasn’t which of the two Democratic candidates Fiorina preferred. I clearly recall her telling me she would have supported Clinton if McCain weren’t running.

Fiorina’s political stock, post-debate, is soaring. Her calling card is her willingness — and, perhaps, the freedom her gender bestows — to go after Clinton full-force. This seemed like the right moment to share Fiorina’s earlier assessment of the woman she aims to defeat.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 05:26:29 AM »
Fiorina, once an afterthought in GOP race, fends off attacks and fights for a debate slot
By Seema Mehta

Conservative author and media personality Ann Coulter declared on a recent radio show that she despised presidential candidate Carly Fiorina “with the hot, hot hate of a thousand suns” over her support for birthright citizenship. Her ascension in the GOP field was prompted by “affirmative action among Republicans,” Coulter said.

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann, who was a front-runner in the presidential polls at this point four years ago, and other conservatives questioned Fiorina’s judgment for a speech she made shortly after Sept. 11 praising the contributions of Muslims to society.

And in recent weeks, Democrats have been highlighting stories about Fiorina’s rocky tenure at Hewlett-Packard. The super PAC backing Fiorina’s candidacy went on offense, taking out a full-page ad in the New York Times on Thursday defending her stewardship of the Silicon Valley firm.

The attacks come at a crucial time as Fiorina tries to claw her way onto the prime-time stage at the September Republican debate in California. It’s quite a turn from earlier this year, when Fiorina was such an afterthought in the race for the GOP nomination that no one bothered with her (aside from Donald Trump, who appears to enjoy poking at much of the GOP field). Some of her Republican rivals even routinely praised her.

“Nobody was worried too much about her before, no one was attacking her, looking at her record. All of those things can happen once you actually become a threat to somebody,” said Katie Packer Gage, a GOP strategist and deputy campaign manager for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid. “That’s a good problem to have.”

After announcing her candidacy, Fiorina, who in 2010 unsuccessfully ran for Senate from California after being fired from Hewlett-Packard, routinely registered 0% support in the polls. But a sterling performance in what some called the “happy hour debate” in August — featuring GOP candidates who failed to register enough poll support to crack the top 10 — has fueled momentum.

In national polls and surveys of voters in Iowa and New Hampshire since the Aug. 6 debate, Fiorina regularly places in the top third among the 17 GOP candidates. In some surveys, Fiorina bests former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former Ark. Gov. Mike Huckabee, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, all of whom appeared in the prime-time debate.

Still, it may not be enough to vault Fiorina onto the main stage for the Sept. 16 debate that CNN will host at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. The cable news station will use averaging of polls since July 16 — weeks before Fiorina began to improve her standings. The candidate described the criteria as unfair because it was based on polling that measured name identification more than anything else.

“It's a little bit like saying if you have a lousy game in the preseason, and you play great all season long, and you make it to the playoff — you don't get to play in the playoffs because of the preseason game,” Fiorina said on Thursday in response to a question from a voter in La Mars, Iowa, about the debate criteria, according to NBC. “It kind of doesn’t seem fair to me.”

A Fiorina campaign official went further, lashing out at CNN and the Republican National Committee, which sanctioned the debate, as “rigging the game to keep Carly off the main debate stage next month.”

There were more national polls before the August debate than there are expected to be since then, leading Fiorina deputy campaign manager Sarah Isgur Flores to argue that the rule amounts to the RNC “putting their thumb on the scale” in favor of establishment candidates.

“We’re proud of Carly’s debate performance. We’re excited that grassroots voters around the country want to hear more from her,” Isgur Flores wrote to Fiorina supporters. “… It’s a simple question: Will we have a fair debate process or will the political establishment keep ignoring grassroots Republicans?”

Fiorina’s support in the polls is driven in part by restive voters who are frustrated by the status quo and are seriously considering outsiders such as her, businessman Donald Trump and Dr. Ben Carson.

“We’re living in a new time now where we really need change,” said Greg Long, a 68-year-old limo driver who heard Fiorina speak at the State Historical Museum of Iowa steps away from the gold-domed state Capitol in Des Moines. The registered Republican favors Fiorina and Carson. “We really need change. We’ve been doing the same old thing over and over again and getting the same lousy result.”

Fiorina makes her case by saying polling shows that the majority of Americans think the federal government is corrupt and that professional politicians are more focused on themselves than the nation’s well-being.

“The political class has failed you and that’s what I think you’re seeing reflected in my candidacy, among others,” Fiorina said at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines.

Judy Shkolnick and Judy Deutch did not know much about Fiorina aside from her tenure as the chief of Hewlett-Packard. But the two Democrats were so impressed by Fiorina’s debate performance, they decided to see her in person. After listening to Fiorina’s hourlong speech to Jewish voters in Waukee, a suburb of Des Moines, they said they found Fiorina electrifying.

“She could answer any questions thrown to her,” said Deutch, 64, a Clive resident who works in insurance compliance. “She seemed very competent, knowledgeable and a fresh change.”

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 01:07:38 AM »
Even though she got hit pretty hard with the ugly stick, I'd still hit. Anal.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:30 AM »
Yes or no: Is Carly Fiorina presidential material?

Last week, it was announced that former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina will be allowed to participate in the second GOP debate on Sept. 16. This was a result of her surge in the polls after many commentators felt she was the most impressive candidate in the second-tier debate last month.

But questions have emerged over her business record and her tenure at HP, where the board of directors forced her resignation in 2005. Does Fiorina’s business record qualify her to be president?

Yes

Her record shows she is a true leader, says Bill Mutell

I was a senior vice president at Hewlett-Packard during Carly Fiorina’s tenure as chairman and CEO. Working for Carly was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She is a person of tremendous courage, character, capacity and conviction. Carly is the one of the brightest, most articulate, candid, well-versed and engaging leaders I have ever known. Period.

Those of us who were part of HP while Carly was CEO know firsthand the incredible work that was accomplished after the merger with Compaq because we were there to experience it. Unfortunately, people who have never worked with Carly, worked at HP, worked in the business industry in general, or who have their partisan blinders on have launched an assault on Carly’s successful tenure.

Their claims that Carly was not an effective CEO are just plain wrong. In politics, an ability to twist or change the facts is an everyday occurrence. But Carly and I, we come from the business world. And in the business world, facts matter.

Here are the facts. While CEO of HP, Carly fostered a work environment with emphasis on innovation, achievement and accountability. As a result of Carly’s leadership, revenue doubled to more than $80 billion, innovation tripled to 15 patents per day, the revenue growth rate more than quadrupled to 6.5 percent, and HP grew to be the 11th-largest company in the U.S.

One of Carly’s first tasks was to eliminate the overly burdensome bureaucracy within HP by eliminating product group silos and consolidating business functions across the company. Her new streamlined organization helped turn a declining and seemingly irrelevant HP into a stronger company. Did Carly’s changes anger some HP executives and managers? Yes. But here is a news flash: People who benefit from the status quo often fear change — even if it benefits or saves the larger organization.

But that’s what leaders do — they challenge the status quo. They ask questions. They look for opportunities. Leaders tear down irrelevant and unproductive walls and bureaucracies. Leaders actually accomplish something tangible. And Carly Fiorina is a true leader.

Before Carly arrived at HP, the company was stagnant and struggling. It had become bloated, complacent and slow to adapt to the market. In short, HP needed to reform and it wasn’t going to be easy. The HP board of directors knew they needed a change agent — someone who could retool HP and keep it relevant and competitive. And they found their new leader in Carly Fiorina.

Real change, the kind that was needed to reinvigorate HP, requires a comprehensive understanding of the market and the economic conditions. It requires steady and crisp implementation and execution. It calls for a leader with humility and exceptional communication skills — a person who is capable of rallying the corporate core and extended partner community to support that strategic vision. Carly was that leader.

We need a leader who can eliminate bureaucracy in our government, rein in federal spending, make the tough decisions, and get America back in the leadership business once again. As someone who has known and worked closely with Carly Fiorina for years, I can tell you that she is the leader that we need.

And a forewarning to the other candidates in the field: Underestimate Carly at your own peril.

Bill Mutell is a former senior vice president of Hewlett-Packard.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2015, 08:49:26 AM »
Yes or no: Is Carly Fiorina presidential material?

No

Her HP history is a badge of shame, says Jeffrey Sonnenfeld

It is time political analysts take Carly Fiorina’s candidacy seriously.

With Fiorina rising in the national polls and now primed for the main stage of the CNN debate, it is important to examine her record carefully.

Never having held elective office or any role in public office, she anchors her claim on a reinvention of her actual record in the corporate world — as the failed CEO of Hewlett-Packard. The only time the stock jumped during her reign, from 2000 to 2005, was when she was fired by a frustrated board led by chair Pattie Dunn.

Fiorina was not a rogue CEO plundering shareholder wealth but still was a failed CEO, termed by many technology and business publications the worst technology CEO of all time. She sliced shareholder wealth in half in five years, with stock value falling 52 percent under her reign. During this period, the S&P 500 fell only 6 percent and many technology stocks, such as Dell, did well. Xerox was up 75 percent and Apple was up 200 percent — not to mention the launch of Google and Facebook during this time.

Fiorina confused political reporters by arguing that she doubled revenues and increased worldwide employment, as she volunteered recently on NBC’s Meet the Press. I, along with scores of corporate governance experts, have raised challenges about her prominently failed performance leading HP since long before she became a politically active public figure.

Business reporters from Fortune, Forbes, Bloomberg Business Week, The New York Times, San Jose Mercury News and Computer World saw through this smokescreen and have revealed that this revenue increase doubled only through a controversial, misguided merger with Compaq Computer, which increased top-line revenue but not bottom-line costs.

At this same time, profits at other S&P 500 firms were up 70 percent, but HP foundered through the dead weight of the obsolete devices Fiorina bought from Compaq. Most of the businesses she bought were shuttered, with the remaining ones divested by current HP CEO Meg Whitman. The jobs created were for outsourced, offshore work. In the end, she cut 30,000 U.S. jobs that never came back.

The colossal merger failure could have been avoided had she listened to her employees, industry analysts and her shareholders, who strongly fought the deal all the way to Delaware Chancery Court. With hardball tactics that would make Donald Trump wince, she rammed the deal through to the company’s and her peril.

The board at the time publicly and universally acknowledged the merger plan was a failure. Strangely, one board member who enthusiastically voted to fire Fiorina and one of her top lieutenants recently spoke in her defense, recanting their published, condemning statements at the time.

In fact, this heavy-metal merger of hardware was just the reverse of Fiorina’s announced strategy at the time — which was to copy IBM’s move into software services. That led her to try to buy PriceWaterhouseCooper’s consulting business for $14 billion. She failed to close that deal and PriceWaterhouseCoopers consulting was bought, ironically, by Ginni Rometty, IBM’s consulting chief — now its CEO — for less than a third of what Fiorina offered.

I believe in redemption, but that must be earned by actions through contrition or exoneration — not by shouting your greatness into the wind. Sure, she is a smart, hardworking knowledgeable CEO who deserves another chance, but commander in chief of the free world is not the next step.

Her defenders must acknowledge that it is interesting that in the decade after she was fired, she’s never been offered a job to lead a major public company again. Under HP’s talented current leadership, the firm has been rebounding, but not the record of Fiorina. When she stepped down as a well-paid board director of Taiwan Semiconductor, it reported she attended only 17 percent of the board meetings.

While not committed to any candidate, I am close to many Republican officials and impressed with the leadership accomplishment as well as the character of several current primary candidates. She is not one of them.

Jeffrey Sonnenfeld is senior associate dean and Lester Crown professor of management practice at Yale School of Management.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »
Even though she got hit pretty hard with the ugly stick, I'd still hit. Anal.

not that bad looking actually..just needs to smile more