Author Topic: American Sniper - Who has seen this movie?  (Read 39776 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
Re: American Sniper - Who has seen this movie?
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »
To speak on the lines of supporting Suddam  we did yes like we also did Iran and Castro until they turned on us. Iran was more a take over but they still use all the stuff we have them in the 70's

At this scale it's a international games of chest, that all counties have to play. Are all the moves right? At the time they might seem so. Do you know about all the right calls we have made, of course not because everthing went well. There was is a lot more that goes into these choices that you or me will ever no or fully understand. He are simple truths. With out the us innovations and world interactions the world wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is now, fiscally, socially and military for good and bad.

He is something you don't know and I don't expect you to since you have never studied nor had the intel to know this but just the presence of the U.S. in the Middle East keeps Iran at bay. They would take and mine the straights in a day.. Then your looking at 70% of the world oill flow in control of Iran. That gas prices at 10.00 bucks a gallon and I world market that would become so wrecked there would be a a world depression but would you no that? No you shouldnt because that's not something a consumer should no. But the big evil American capitals have been doing it for 40+ years    

What's your point? People get raped by the 1000's each day in every part of the world. Do terrorist bust in to place in France and murder people every day. In sure multiple people got raped in France that same day. Are you upset they didn't report that?

The media reports on what people want to know about... A terrorist shotting out side of the Middle East  or a rap case... That mught sound harsh but that's life

no disrespect to you because i guess from your username that you are US military yourself and therefore i understand your difficulty in viewing these issues objectively , but the above post is gibberish at best.

the US invasion of iraq has strengthened iran's position in the region 10 fold . why do you think your government was so intent on trying to even the balance somewhat by toppling assad's regime in syria ? oh sry i forgot that was because they wanted to save all those poor syrian civilians ::)

sure there are rapes everywhere in the world but when was the last time a gang rape + murder of an entire family happened in the US that you never even heard of in the media...as you hadn't with the one committed by your soldiers whilst liberating iraq...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »
To speak on the lines of supporting Suddam  we did yes like we also did Iran and Castro until they turned on us. Iran was more a take over but they still use all the stuff we have them in the 70's

At this scale it's a international games of chest, that all counties have to play. Are all the moves right? At the time they might seem so. Do you know about all the right calls we have made, of course not because everthing went well. There was is a lot more that goes into these choices that you or me will ever no or fully understand. He are simple truths. With out the us innovations and world interactions the world wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is now, fiscally, socially and military for good and bad.

He is something you don't know and I don't expect you to since you have never studied nor had the intel to know this but just the presence of the U.S. in the Middle East keeps Iran at bay. They would take and mine the straights in a day.. Then your looking at 70% of the world oill flow in control of Iran. That gas prices at 10.00 bucks a gallon and I world market that would become so wrecked there would be a a world depression but would you no that? No you shouldnt because that's not something a consumer should no. But the big evil American capitals have been doing it for 40+ years    

What's your point? People get raped by the 1000's each day in every part of the world. Do terrorist bust in to place in France and murder people every day. In sure multiple people got raped in France that same day. Are you upset they didn't report that?

The media reports on what people want to know about... A terrorist shotting out side of the Middle East  or a rap case... That mught sound harsh but that's life

Time to step forward and take a bow.  Who's running this account?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »
can all those people who hasnt even seen the movie stay away from this thread? thanks.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
Time to step forward and take a bow.  Who's running this account?

I start college this week, I am now better then everyone else, smart and liberal

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »
can all those people who hasnt even seen the movie stay away from this thread? thanks.

I'll admit it when I saw it I had some tears and was left messed up for a few hours after. Lost a few marine buddies over there and had to do rehab with guys that lost legs and arms. Those guys deserve the world! They where still full of life. True heros in my eyes not to be bitter about it

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »
I start college this week, I am now better then everyone else, smart and liberal

Liberal Arts?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »

You better improve your writing skills.
X

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
no disrespect to you because i guess from your username that you are US military yourself and therefore i understand your difficulty in viewing these issues objectively , but the above post is gibberish at best.

the US invasion of iraq has strengthened iran's position in the region 10 fold . why do you think your government was so intent on trying to even the balance somewhat by toppling assad's regime in syria ? oh sry i forgot that was because they wanted to save all those poor syrian civilians ::)

sure there are rapes everywhere in the world but when was the last time a gang rape + murder of an entire family happened in the US that you never even heard of in the media...as you hadn't with the one committed by your soldiers whilst liberating iraq...

I have full respect you opinion and in a free society we have to have people that question authority has you should, there elected by the people to serve the people.

You help bring both sides to the table and I'm not to prideful to admit you are right on some point and I feel I'm right on some of man.

You just want accountability for all the power the U.S. has and they absolute have to be held accountable. The thing is there are always going to be some who agree and disagree on ever political or military move

Btw if those where my guy? I would have killed them myself

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »
You better improve your writing skills.

Fuck I know I'm in writing with a lab attached to help me, I'm dyslexic so what it in my head and how I speak is difficult for me to put on paper. My ideas run faster then I can type plus I can't spell for shit

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »
Liberal Arts?

Haha fuck no I'm a technical guy. Mechanical engineering that might change but I'm in the pipe line for engineering and plan on staying there 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
Haha fuck no I'm a technical guy. Mechanical engineering that might change but I'm in the pipe line for engineering and plan on staying there 

I'm sure you'll be hobbing worms in no time, stud.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
I'm sure you'll be hobbing worms in no time, stud.

I'm sure this was disrespectful in some way but I don't get this one

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »
Just a little machining humor for the aspiring engineeer.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »
Just a little machining humor for the aspiring engineeer.

Haha he I was thinking it was fucking fat chicks or something. I'm in getbig mode lol

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »
I saw American Sniper tonight and it was very good. Parts seemed a little far-fetched, but all in all it was well done.

At the end of the movie the theater was almost completely silent except for a few people crying.

2good4u

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2015, 11:56:25 PM »
I saw American Sniper tonight and it was very good. Parts seemed a little far-fetched, but all in all it was well done.

At the end of the movie the theater was almost completely silent except for a few people crying.

same reaction of movie goers here in NYC....the theater was dead silent after the credits rolled....good movie
and well done....did his family proud

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »
i thought it was ok but coudlve been better. i cant help to compare it to other war movies, there really no scenes that stand out that much or are memorable, i compare sniper vs sniper with enemy of the gates, or the sniper scene in full metal jacket... or the chopper scenes of apocalypse now.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »
HBO's Generation Kill is far better

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
i thought it was ok but coudlve been better. i cant help to compare it to other war movies, there really no scenes that stand out that much or are memorable, i compare sniper vs sniper with enemy of the gates, or the sniper scene in full metal jacket... or the chopper scenes of apocalypse now.

It wasn't Saving Private Ryan, but it was very good.

Made me want to see Seth Rogen get kidnapped by insurgents.