Author Topic: California city prohibits gender specific restrooms  (Read 35047 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: California city prohibits gender specific restrooms
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
So what? Still not an attempt to get rid of gender differences.   Boys are still boys, girls are still girls physically no matter what.  Now, when they outlaw gender specific gonads maybe so.  But until then, more BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right

Nonsense.  Go read the definition of gender identity. 

And my comments don't have squat to do with the "religious/conservative right." 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »
So what? Still not an attempt to get rid of gender differences.   Boys are still boys, girls are still girls physically no matter what.  Now, when they outlaw gender specific gonads maybe so.  But until then, more BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right

Damn, your ability to see a liberal conspiracy in ever little thing is getting a bit strange

The new law basically says if you have a "single user bathroom" in your establishment you have to make it available to everyone

West Hollywood's new law takes effect Thursday and gives businesses 60 days to scuttle gender-specific signs in restrooms intended for no more than one person In coffee shops with a men's and a women's bathroom, for example, that means both restrooms will become gender-neutral.

BFD

Isn't that basically the same thing that you do in your own home, even though you likely have multiple bathrooms

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 07:08:56 PM »

classic right wing imagination land

immune from fact

even very simple facts that a 4th grader could easily understand

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 09:18:08 PM »
How libs function from day to day is beyond me. Seriously some of the dumbest MFers on the planet. Hey fuckheads. This should have NEVER been an issue to begin with. Fuck.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »
How libs function from day to day is beyond me. Seriously some of the dumbest MFers on the planet. Hey fuckheads. This should have NEVER been an issue to begin with. Fuck.

Coach stands in front a door leading to the only bathroom and he sees this sign and can't figure out if he can go in or not

of course it's a single person bathroom with a lock on the door but still

it's a very confusing mixed message

what will he do?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 11:45:51 PM »
Coach stands in front a door leading to the only bathroom and he sees this sign and can't figure out if he can go in or not

what will he do?

Mumble under his breath 'liberal, the left, liberal liberals liberals left left liberal left' whilst stomping to the restaurant exit. He grabs a chair, jumps on, open restaurant door , jump off and proceed to leave. Before the door closes he turns around and squeal, 'You just don't get it do you!!' . And he's gone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2015, 05:36:03 AM »

see, I'm cool with calling them idiots, misguided, selfish, entitled, evil, all that stuff.

But "dumb"?   They've managed to convince 51% of the USA (actually 53% last election) to join them.  They have a minority of people paying for lifestyles of majority of people.  Not talking morality, but "dumb"?

And they have won 4 of th last 6 presidential elections easily.  And two came down to a single contested state. 

Dumb?   Romney is a brilliant fcking man... he was beaten by "dumb" obama and "dumb" democrats?   

See, you keep thinking they're dumb, but they're educated and they're getting their way.  Stop underestimating them.  Sun Tzu would laugh his ass off at your statement.  You're a textboook example of underestimating an enemy that has cleaned your clock more often than not.  Dumb?  No. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 07:28:44 AM »

What's nonsense?  That's its still not an attempt to get rid of gender differences?  Or that opposition to this sort of thing is populated by the conservative right?  Or that the article is yet another attempt to rally the right wing retards?

Its a bathroom, FFS.  lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:53 AM »

As low as hard core lib ideas are, they are still above birther in my book.  So are retard, imbecile, dumb fuck and tool.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:56 AM »
great idea and standard democrat operating procedure

let's ignore reality (notice how the original story left out a key fact) and instead imagine an ridiculous spin on reality and assume it's true or at least imminent and then get riled up about it

perfectly describes Dems' approach to Gun Control topics.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 07:33:58 AM »
That seems to be SOP for alot of things in politics. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:14 AM »
What's nonsense?  That's its still not an attempt to get rid of gender differences?  Or that opposition to this sort of thing is populated by the conservative right?  Or that the article is yet another attempt to rally the right wing retards?

Its a bathroom, FFS.  lol

You calling this "BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right" is nonsense.  

So is failing to read and understand the definition of "gender identity."  I challenge you to read it and tell me exactly what all of that definition means.    

And so is failing to recognize the broader agenda of indoctrination on this whole subject.  I'm not necessarily talking about the article that is the subject of this thread.  As I said, when I see articles like this it looks like part of the overall agenda to eliminate gender differences and to redefine gender--not biologically, but by statute.  Go read the definition.  

I posted a few articles in a thread on here about the "Pono Choices" program in Hawaii, where among things, they are trying to teach little kids that the anus is a genital just like a vagina.  That is twisted.  

You guys in California (along with some other states) have also gotten rid of references to "husband" and "wife," and made the references gender neutral.  I'm telling you the next thing you might see over there is eliminating references to "boys" and "girls."  No, that isn't going to actually change someone's gender, but it's just like the statutory creation of a new gender classification, and like letting kids choose which gender they want to act like, what gender specific sports they want to play, the bathroom situation, etc.  

All of this stuff is happening, so calling it "fear propaganda" is silly.  What it all means at the end of the day is a legitimate question.  I really don't know.  Maybe nothing.  But I doubt there are no consequences for our quest to normalize abnormality.  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 07:56:26 AM »

what will he do?

Im guessing he craps in his pants rather than use a liberal restroom?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2015, 08:04:28 AM »
You calling this "BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right" is nonsense. 

An article like the  one posted is.

So is failing to read and understand the definition of "gender identity."  I challenge you to read it and tell me exactly what all of that definition means.   

And so is failing to recognize the broader agenda of indoctrination on this whole subject.  I'm not necessarily talking about the article that is the subject of this thread.  As I said, when I see articles like this it looks like part of the overall agenda to eliminate gender differences and to redefine gender--not biologically, but by statute.  Go read the definition. 

My point is, that at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  Boys are still boys and girls are still girls.

I posted a few articles in a thread on here about the "Pono Choices" program in Hawaii, where among things, they are trying to teach little kids that the anus is a genital just like a vagina.  That is twisted. 
 Pono Choices is a sex ed course, not a legal statute to erase gender identity.  

You guys in California (along with some other states) have also gotten rid of references to "husband" and "wife," and made the references general neutral.
  So What?  We often refer to wives or husbands as spouse anyway.  

I'm telling you the next thing you might see over there is eliminating references to "boys" and "girls."  No, that isn't going to actually change someone's gender, but it's just like the statutory creation of a new gender classification, and like letting kids choose which gender they want to act like, what gender specific sports they want to play, the bathroom situation, etc. 

hmmm, smells like fear propaganda.  If eliminate "boys" and "girls" our boys and girls might not know what they are?  OMG!!!!!!!!!!   Heaven forbid, we call boys and girls "Kids".  SATAN has won!!!!!

All of this stuff is happening, so calling it "fear propaganda" is silly.  What it all means at the end of the day is a legitimate question.  I really don't know.  Maybe nothing.  But I doubt there are no consequences for our quest to normalize abnormality. 

That's all it is: "Fear Propaganda".  I don't doubt there will be issues and readjustments with some of these things.  but at the end of the day its a bathroom and a boy is still and boy sand a girl is still a girl.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2015, 08:19:35 AM »
An article like the  one posted is.

My point is, that at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  Boys are still boys and girls are still girls.

Pono Choices is a sex ed course, not a legal statute to erase gender identity.  
  So What?  We often refer to wives or husbands as spouse anyway.  

hmmm, smells like fear propaganda.  If eliminate "boys" and "girls" our boys and girls might not know what they are?  OMG!!!!!!!!!!   Heaven forbid, we call boys and girls "Kids".  SATAN has won!!!!!

That's all it is: "Fear Propaganda".  I don't doubt there will be issues and readjustments with some of these things.  but at the end of the day its a bathroom and a boy is still and boy sand a girl is still a girl.  

lol.  Ok.  You don't want to read the definition of gender identity.  You don't want to accept my challenge to tell me exactly what that entire definition means.  You want to keep your head in the sand and try and make this about "Satan."  lol.  *shivers*  Whatever. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »
lol.  Ok.  You don't want to read the definition of gender identity.  You don't want to accept my challenge to tell me exactly what that entire definition means.  You want to keep your head in the sand and try and make this about "Satan."  lol.  *shivers*  Whatever. 

I read the definition of gender identity.

I knew the definition of it before the thread. 

You claimed there is an "ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences"

You then posted 2 links about transgenders, husbands and wives being called "spouses" and boys and girls being called "kids" and referenced a sex ed program.  By definition kids can be boys or girls and spouses can be husband and wives.

You can't get rid of gender differences without getting rid of gender.

Calling boys and girls kids is meaningless, calling husband or spouses is meaningless and labeling bathrooms so both sexes can use then is meaningless.  these do not mean that the evil twisted Libs are trying to make everyone one sex in the eyes of the law all the way down to their gonads. 

Because regardless of your fears..... boys are still boys and girls are still girls.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:18 AM »
I read the definition of gender identity.

I knew the definition of it before the thread. 

You claimed there is an "ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences"

You then posted 2 links about transgenders, husbands and wives being called "spouses" and boys and girls being called "kids" and referenced a sex ed program.  By definition kids can be boys or girls and spouses can be husband and wives.

You can't get rid of gender differences without getting rid of gender.

Calling boys and girls kids is meaningless, calling husband or spouses is meaningless and labeling bathrooms so both sexes can use then is meaningless.  these do not mean that the evil twisted Libs are trying to make everyone one sex in the eyes of the law all the way down to their gonads. 

Because regardless of your fears..... boys are still boys and girls are still girls.

I'm not going to get caught up in the hyperbole ("evil libs," Satan, etc.).  I'm not afraid of anything.     

But regarding gender identity, what exactly does it mean? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2015, 09:29:56 AM »
sick bastards in california.   safe to say if you live in cali, you want to have sex with every gender, animal, and life form.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
see, I'm cool with calling them idiots, misguided, selfish, entitled, evil, all that stuff.

But "dumb"?   They've managed to convince 51% of the USA (actually 53% last election) to join them.  They have a minority of people paying for lifestyles of majority of people.  Not talking morality, but "dumb"?

And they have won 4 of th last 6 presidential elections easily.  And two came down to a single contested state. 

Dumb?   Romney is a brilliant fcking man... he was beaten by "dumb" obama and "dumb" democrats?   

See, you keep thinking they're dumb, but they're educated and they're getting their way.  Stop underestimating them.  Sun Tzu would laugh his ass off at your statement.  You're a textboook example of underestimating an enemy that has cleaned your clock more often than not.  Dumb?  No. 

The only truely dumb one here is our dimwit friend Joe. Not that he even begin to possess the awareness of seeing that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »
The only truly dumb one here is our dimwit friend Joe. Not that he even begin to possess the awareness of seeing that.

Joe is the perfect sucker for right wing propaganda. 

The story he posted left out THE KEY FACT that this only applies to single occupant bathrooms. 
Basically the same rule that applies to any bathroom on any airplane now applies to single occupant bathrooms in West Hollywood.

It is interesting how Bum formed an opinion before having this key fact and now, apparently, since he has formed an opinion he is no longer considering any other facts and will just plow forward with his (no doubt pre-existing) hysteria over gender identity. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm not going to get caught up in the hyperbole ("evil libs," Satan, etc.).  I'm not afraid of anything.    

But you will claim there is a "ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences" and that this article is related to it.  

But regarding gender identity, what exactly does it mean?  

You read the definition and so did I.  Are you having trouble understanding the definition?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »
But you will claim there is a "ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences" and that this article is related to it.  

You read the definition and so did I.  Are you having trouble understanding the definition?

I claim that when I read stories like this it sounds like it's part of the broader agenda of indoctrination and the attempt to eliminate gender differences.  You don't see it.  Everything in your eyes is fine.  Good for you.

Regarding the definition, I actually am having trouble understanding the definition, especially as it relates to the workplace. Here is how we define it in Hawaii:

Hawaii defines “gender identity or expression” includes a person’s actual or perceived gender, as well as a person’s gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression, regardless of whether that gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression is different from that traditionally associated with the person’s sex at birth.

What does the preceding definition mean to you?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »
Hey Bum - The "single occupant" bathrooms in West Hollywood are now just like the ones in every plane that you've ever flown on in your entire life

Why haven't you freaked out about the lack of gender specific bathrooms on planes?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
I claim that when I read stories like this it sounds like it's part of the broader agenda of indoctrination and the attempt to eliminate gender differences.  You don't see it.  Everything in your eyes is fine.  Good for you.

Broader agenda of indoctrination?  And that's not fear propaganda? lol

Attempt to eliminate gender differences?  To what end?  In this case, to make bathrooms more convenient for everyone.....oh the SATAN in that!!!!

Regarding the definition, I am actually am having trouble understanding the definition, especially as it relates to the workplace. Here is how we define it in Hawaii:

Hawaii defines “gender identity or expression” includes a person’s actual or perceived gender, as well as a person’s gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression, regardless of whether that gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression is different from that traditionally associated with the person’s sex at birth.

What does the preceding definition mean to you?  

If you are having trouble understanding it why are you acting as if you know what it means?:

Nonsense.  Go read the definition of gender identity.  

You calling this "BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right" is nonsense.  

So is failing to read and understand the definition of "gender identity."  I challenge you to read it and tell me exactly what all of that definition means.    

lol.  Ok.  You don't want to read the definition of gender identity.  You don't want to accept my challenge to tell me exactly what that entire definition means.  You want to keep your head in the sand and try and make this about "Satan."  lol.  *shivers*  Whatever.  

Try googling it.  The definition is pretty straight forward.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
Broader agenda of indoctrination?  And that's not fear propaganda? lol

Attempt to eliminate gender differences?  To what end?  In this case, to make bathrooms more convenient for everyone.....oh the SATAN in that!!!!

If you are having trouble understanding it why are you acting as if you know what it means?:

Try googling it.  The definition is pretty straight forward.

No it's not fear propaganda.  Why are you so obsessed with Satan?  Having nightmares or something?  Watching too many scary movies?   :)

Try Googling the definition I just posted??  What?  I posted the actual definition.  I'm asking you to tell me how you interpret that definition.