Author Topic: California city prohibits gender specific restrooms  (Read 35333 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: California city prohibits gender specific restrooms
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:02 PM »
Had a feeling it was only going to be single person restrooms.

Its a better idea.  If one is taken you can use the other. Some restaurants in No. Cal. have these.   

Figures that some peeps would get their panties in a bundle over it.

You really think this is just about convenience for everyone and not pushing some agenda?  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
if its just for single person then its not a big deal in itself...but lets not pretend the leftists are going to be satisfied with that. everything just keeps getting dragged further and further left, and thats what people are concerned about

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
if its just for single person then its not a big deal in itself...but lets not pretend the leftists are going to be satisfied with that. everything just keeps getting dragged further and further left, and thats what people are concerned about

Agree.  I don't think for one minute those folks are just trying some generic improvement of bathroom access.  They have been doing some whacked out stuff in that state. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:10 PM »

great idea and standard Republican operating procedure

let's ignore reality (notice how the original story left out a key fact) and instead imagine an ridiculous spin on reality and assume it's true or at least imminent and then get riled up about it

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
Get used to it because there is a resonating message of 'different but equal' that makes no logical sense. It appears that the message has women worrying now as a man claiming to be a woman psychologically can now enter a women's restroom. Many cities with liberal mayors have this law or are pushing it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
You really think this is just about convenience for everyone and not pushing some agenda?  

What agenda?

That we should all be the same sex?

That male and female distinctions don't matter?

What?

It more convenient.  Int he past, if i had to go, and the men's was occupied with some guy dropping a deuce, i would just go to the women's.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
great idea and standard Republican operating procedure

let's ignore reality (notice how the original story left out a key fact) and instead imagine an ridiculous spin on reality and assume it's true or at least imminent and then get riled up about it

Sounds about right.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Sounds about right.

you see the same thing on this board every day

you can see it in this thread right now

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
What agenda?

That we should all be the same sex?

That male and female distinctions don't matter?

What?

It more convenient.  Int he past, if i had to go, and the men's was occupied with some guy dropping a deuce, i would just go to the women's.

Don't you live in California?  You haven't heard about this ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences?  Numerous stories have been posted about it on the board. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »
Don't you live in California?  You haven't heard about this ongoing attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences?  Numerous stories have been posted about it on the board. 

Wow, you actually believe that BS?

I do live in California.  So far nothing has challenged my gender identity here.  I am free to be the man i want to be. 

Going to a non gender specific bathroom doesn't bother me nor does it make me question my gender identity.  lol. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
Wow, you actually believe that BS?

I do live in California.  So far nothing has challenged my gender identity here.  I am free to be the man i want to be. 

Going to a non gender specific bathroom doesn't bother me nor does it make me question my gender identity.  lol. 

Obviously I don't mean they are trying to change your gender.  I'm talking about the laws aimed at eliminating gender differences when it comes to education, sports, bathrooms, etc.  Like these:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-law-allows-transgender-students-to-pick-bathrooms-sports-teams-they-identify-with/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/14/california-transgender-ballot-initiative_n_3926247.html

So when I see this new bathroom law, sounds like it's part of the broader effort to eliminate these gender differences.  Would not surprise me if those folks over there try and eliminate actual references to "boys and girls."  Or have they tried that already? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
Obviously I don't mean they are trying to change your gender.  I'm talking about the laws aimed at eliminating gender differences when it comes to education, sports, bathrooms, etc.  Like these:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-law-allows-transgender-students-to-pick-bathrooms-sports-teams-they-identify-with/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/14/california-transgender-ballot-initiative_n_3926247.html

So when I see this new bathroom law, sounds like it's part of the broader effort to eliminate these gender differences.  Would not surprise me if those folks over there try and eliminate actual references to "boys and girls."  Or have they tried that already? 

Alot of restaurants use fun symbols.  One in Napa, Ca, a bakery/cafe, super good BTW, uses a Chocolate bar donut and a glazed donnut to show the differences.

Both those articles are about doing something with transgenders that's practical.  NOT about getting rid of gender differences.  Geez, you cant see the contradiction between what you claimed:  "attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences" and California law makers trying to find a practical solution to transgenders in schools?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »
Alot of restaurants use fun symbols.  One in Napa, Ca, a bakery/cafe, super good BTW, uses a Chocolate bar donut and a glazed donnut to show the differences.

Both those articles are about doing something with transgenders that's practical.  NOT about getting rid of gender differences.  Geez, you cant see the contradiction between what you claimed:  "attempt to essentially get rid of gender differences" and California law makers trying to find a practical solution to transgenders in schools?

you're just not imagining hard enough

as John Matrix put it "lets not pretend that leftists are going to be satisfied"

Lets pretend something else instead and get all fired up.

Remember when Obama first got elected and the Repubs pretended that any day Obama would have the Black Panthers out to confiscate your guns.

Those dipshits couldnt hoard guns and ammo fast enough after that little fantasy

Pretending is a key element of the Republican mindset

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015, 02:16:22 PM »

Oh please.  This isn't just about "transgender" people.  It's about "GBLT" and "gender identity."  GBLT includes transvestites (or cross dressers who aren't necessary "transgender").  "Gender identity" includes whatever gender a person thinks they are, on whatever day they think it.  If you cannot see that those gender classifications (along with the articles I posted) are attempts to eliminate gender distinctions (at least as far as access and the law is concerned), then you're just being willfully blind.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 02:48:41 PM »
Oh please.  This isn't just about "transgender" people.  It's about "GBLT" and "gender identity."  GBLT includes transvestites (or cross dressers who aren't necessary "transgender").  "Gender identity" includes whatever gender a person thinks they are, on whatever day they think it.  If you cannot see that those gender classifications (along with the articles I posted) are attempts to eliminate gender distinctions (at least as far as access and the law is concerned), then you're just being willfully blind.  

The articles you posted were about transgender people, NOT about getting rid of gender differences as you claim the agenda is.

Even then so what?

I don't care what a person thinks they are on any given day.  And i don't care that somethings that used to be gender specific aren't anymore. 

Maybe you can give some examples of some I might give a shit about. 

So far. living in non-gender specific California i haven't seen or experienced anything you are talking about. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
The articles you posted were about transgender people, NOT about getting rid of gender differences as you claim the agenda is.

Even then so what?

I don't care what a person thinks they are on any given day.  And i don't care that somethings that used to be gender specific aren't anymore. 

Maybe you can give some examples of some I might give a shit about. 

So far. living in non-gender specific California i haven't seen or experienced anything you are talking about. 

I'm not trying to get you to give a rip.  I could care less whether this subject interests you.

And no, the examples I provided were not limited to transgender.  They relate to gender identity as well.  From the second link:

"The bill, which is set to take effect on Jan. 1, allows students access to sex-restricted facilities like bathrooms and locker rooms based on the gender they identify with and to gender-restricted activities like sports teams."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
Hey Bum,

What would you do if you were eating at a small restaurant or at a bar that had only one bathroom with this sign?

Would you violate you deeply held religious beliefs and shit your pants or would you take a quick look around and make sure nobody sees you and then use the bathroom

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »
Shame on LA - but West Hollywood is fruitier than Del Monte..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 03:28:03 PM »
Shame on LA - but West Hollywood is fruitier than Del Monte..

fuck yeah

if you only have one bathroom then you MUST only allow it to be used by either women or men

allowing either gender to use it is just fucking sick

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
btw - did anyone notice that our one and only Coach got snookered again

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »
Hey Bum,

What would you do if you were eating at a small restaurant or at a bar that had only one bathroom with this sign?

Would you violate you deeply held religious beliefs and shit your pants or would you take a quick look around and make sure nobody sees you and then use the bathroom

lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
what if I'm a senator in an airport, thirsty for some toe-tapping fun... and I am interested in EITHER other man OR a transgender?

Is there a specific stall which allows me to choose from one of each, on either side of my stall?

That'd be very convenient.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
what if I'm a senator in an airport, thirsty for some toe-tapping fun... and I am interested in EITHER other man OR a transgender?

Is there a specific stall which allows me to choose from one of each, on either side of my stall?

That'd be very convenient.

is this one of them i have a friend questions ) ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
Had a feeling it was only going to be single person restrooms.

Its a better idea.  If one is taken you can use the other. Some restaurants in No. Cal. have these.   

Figures that some peeps would get their panties in a bundle over it.

in the link I posted they interviewed a restaurant owner who has multiple bathrooms and even he likes it because he said there were times when there would be a line for the mens room (for example) while the womens room was vacant so now either gender can use either room.......you know, probably just like every house in this country...including Bums.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
I'm not trying to get you to give a rip.  I could care less whether this subject interests you.

And no, the examples I provided were not limited to transgender.  They relate to gender identity as well.  From the second link:

"The bill, which is set to take effect on Jan. 1, allows students access to sex-restricted facilities like bathrooms and locker rooms based on the gender they identify with and to gender-restricted activities like sports teams."

So what? Still not an attempt to get rid of gender differences.   Boys are still boys, girls are still girls physically no matter what.  Now, when they outlaw gender specific gonads maybe so.  But until then, more BS drama and fear propaganda  from the religious/conservative right