Author Topic: RIP Alex Azarian  (Read 50152 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: RIP Alex Azarian
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2015, 12:25:34 AM »
Sad news. In the past I used to talk to him here. Always very helpful and a nice fella. He is done with this misery for now..

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2015, 02:12:02 AM »
"....Congenital death by death." What exactly does that mean?

Since english is not my native language i thought it was some kind of slang.

May he rest in peace.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2015, 03:28:34 AM »
Nasal strips are bullshit...all that is bullshit as far as sleep apnea is concerned.  Your air passage close off when your muscles relax because it is smaller than normal.
You need to be fitted with a CPAP.  No if's ands or buts.  While body weight is a factor, there are skinny people with Obstructive Apnea.
It's mostly because of of being born with narrow air passages.  Have you ever had problems when trying to sound off loudly?  Of not being able to shout very loud?  As a kid did your dentist have trouble working inside your mouth?  As an adult, does your dentist have problems working inside your mouth?  Are you troubled with frequent respiratory infections? Do you have a deviated septum? Do you have trouble breathing through your nose?  Do you have dental malocclusions?  Crooked teeth?
These are all signs of having smaller than normal otolaryngeal "plumbing".  

You will hate your CPAP at first try.  The key is to get a headpiece that doesn't trigger claustrophobia.  I can't deal with masks, i have to use headpieces that connect to the nose without pushing on my face.  The first night you are successful with a CPAP will leave you with euphoria.  And I am not exaggerating in any way.

I've never heard of CPAP. Where do you go to get "fitted"? What type/model do you suggest that's very user friendly?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2015, 03:40:49 AM »
I remember interacting on MD with him. This stuff is so out of hand now, its becoming a joke.
Its shitty to hear about these, way too many

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2015, 04:00:49 AM »
I've never heard of CPAP. Where do you go to get "fitted"? What type/model do you suggest that's very user friendly?
Constantly Pressurize Air Passages.  A device used to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

To recapitulate: Sleep apnea is when you sleep, your muscles relax and for some people, their air passage collapse and they choke.  This makes your heart pound very fast, and your blood pressure becomes hypertensive.  Untreated it can do all kinds of nasty things to you in addition to you being in a perpetual fog because you can’t sleep very deeply.

A CPAP is a special air compressor that delivers a gentle air pressure, measured in centimeters of water, through your nose to keep your air passage from collapsing.

A doctor prescribes it for you.  You spend a night in a sleep center where they diagnose your apnea and a doctor writes a prescription for you to get the device.  They used to have to schedule a second night to determine the pressure you need, but the newer models can detect when you are choking and self-adjusts the pressure. 

I won’t lie, many hate the things and only half of people who need them use them long term.
I have to use the headgear that connects to your nose like in the picture.  Other use a mask like in the other picture.  I can’t sleep with a mask; I have to use the nose pillows.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »
Coach ill be dead serious always have a raw veggie shake before bed you will breathe much better. Dont ignore this advice without it i have breathing at night problems
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2015, 04:16:03 AM »
Constantly Pressurize Air Passages.  A device used to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

To recapitulate: Sleep apnea is when you sleep, your muscles relax and for some people, their air passage collapse and they choke.  This makes your heart pound very fast, and your blood pressure becomes hypertensive.  Untreated it can do all kinds of nasty things to you in addition to you being in a perpetual fog because you can’t sleep very deeply.yh

A CPAP is a special air compressor that delivers a gentle air pressure, measured in centimeters of water, through your nose to keep 8A doctor prescribes it for you.  You spend a night in a sleep center where they diagnose your apnea and a doctor writes a prescription for you to get the device.  They used to have to schedule a second night to determine the pressure you need, but the newer models can detect when you are choking and self-adjusts the pressure. 
slleep apnea can be solved internally with just a4 to 8ounce veggie shake before bed
I won’t lie, many hate the things and only half of people who need them use them long term.
I have to use the headgear that connects to your nose like in the picture.  Other use a mask like in the other picture.  I can’t sleep with a mask; I have to use the nose pillows.

A

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »

The hypnotic sound of a strong muscle bear breathing mechanically into the CPAP, after his nuts have been drained.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
I was working with him on my prep this year! He just emailed me on the 22nd!!!  That's sad. Feel for his wife and kids

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
The Facebook thread regarding Alex's passing is at nearly 600 comments from those who met or knew him. Those making fun of his passing should ask themselves when they die how many will mourn their loss? Chances are not many.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »
The Facebook thread regarding Alex's passing is at nearly 600 comments from those who met or knew him. Those making fun of his passing should ask themselves when they die how many will mourn their loss? Chances are not many.

How many are TRULY mourning his loss? Just because someone has 50,000 facebook friends, it doesn't mean they are all mourning his loss the same. I assure you, the same people who will mourn my and your loss are also mourning his loss. Basically, family and close friends. The others are just passerbys who are offering words of support to the family, but they are truly not mourning in the same way a mother would mourn for the death of her child. Offering words of support by saying, "I am sorry for your loss," does not mean that person is actually in mourning. I mean, I am sure most of those people who met him once or twice are offering words of support, but are going about their day like nothing happened. Do not confuse the fact that just because someone knows a lot of people, that all those people are actually mourning his loss. Sure, they may be slightly sad, but mourning? I doubt it.

X

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »
He never got to eat a Chocolate Stout Cake.  I couldn`t fathom something like that.
The face of Katz,
The brain of a Parakeet

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »
This scares ME to death. My wife tells me every day I snore loud and stop breathing then resume. This is how my father passed. I started dieting to drop weight and started following breathing protocols (nasal strips at night, breathing exercises, etc) restorative breathing after training etc.

Don't be afraid. Just react. Here you  go:

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/14/134467782/how-to-beat-sleep-apnea-cut-it-out-surgically

http://www.costevaluation.com/tonsillectomy-cost.php

;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »
Don't be afraid. Just react. Here you  go:

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/14/134467782/how-to-beat-sleep-apnea-cut-it-out-surgically

http://www.costevaluation.com/tonsillectomy-cost.php

;D

Unfortunately surgery doesn't always work. I would recommend a bi-pap not a cpap. Cpap is hell getting used to.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
Once humans stop fearing death and embrace the fact that it will happen to everyone we know, life would seem less stressful and deaths wouldn't be a shocker.  But humans like to dance around the subject and pretend it won't happen even though we all will have to wear the thong in the sky one day

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
current era bodybuilding is a killer

the gh and slin give an extra 20-30 llbs but is it worth knocking off 20-30 years of life?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2015, 12:17:43 PM »
Unfortunately surgery doesn't always work. I would recommend a bi-pap not a cpap. Cpap is hell getting used to.

And like always, only history will prove if it works or not, so what to do? Learn to sleep with some kind of breathing apparatus and probably die anyway because sooner or later you got tired to use it, or try surgery? Those oxygen canisters has to be cheap in USA, you got so much air in there just floating around.. ;D

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »
I use a ResMed S9 with an 18 (!) pressure.  For the mask, I always, always go with nasal pillows.  Insurance covers most of it, except for the odds and ends, which I get at CPAP.com.

Honestly, I should have died in my sleep like Alex Azarian probably did.  It's scary to think this machine has kept me alive... but I will have to deal with that until I drop my weight.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2015, 02:13:57 PM »
Who cares?  It won`t matter one bit when you are dead, I promise.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »
Come to think of it, your post just shows you how sick you and many have become.  Worried about how many likes or facebook posts you will have on your profile when you are dead.   ::)

Fuck you are pathetic. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
Come to think of it, your post just shows you how sick you and many have become.  Worried about how many likes or facebook posts you will have on your profile when you are dead.   ::)

Fuck you are pathetic. 

I'm planning to have my mind uploaded into a limited edition "meat sweat" iPod and given out to all my closest friends.
$

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

bi-pap? Cpap? A whole new world is opening up to me. Never heard of any of this. How is bi-pap better than Cpap?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 03:59:10 PM »
bi-pap? Cpap? A whole new world is opening up to me. Never heard of any of this. How is bi-pap better than Cpap?
Don`t forget Pap Smear.

These people are crazy in the head aren`t they?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »
Once humans stop fearing death and embrace the fact that it will happen to everyone we know, life would seem less stressful and deaths wouldn't be a shocker.  But humans like to dance around the subject and pretend it won't happen even though we all will have to wear the thong in the sky one day

There are many things in life that I know are inevitable. But it doesn't make me dread it any less.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »

Fuck you are pathetic. 

Some people care whether or not they have left a positive impact on this world and on others. You obvious don't which is why you will be soon forgotten and everything you did in life, if anything of note, will also to forgotten.

I know you don't care any legacy you've built.

Neither do we.