Author Topic: Heavy training for natural lifters.  (Read 12360 times)

scottt

• Getbig III
Heavy training for natural lifters.
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
Is there any point in training with heavy weight being natural. I say no and consistency and frequency is the way to go. Heavy and intense will just burn you out.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Heavy training for natural lifters.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
Total pussy boy way of thinking.
Get the fuck out.
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:32:19 AM »
moderat volume and moderat weight is my way. Every one has to find their own sweet spot in training. Going super heavy or Heavy Duty training will burn you out and cause injury in the long run.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »
Yes I agree with both of you.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:42:25 AM »
Yes I agree with both of you.

Cool. But using 3-0-3-2 tempo is bad ass and works damn good when heavy lifting burns you out or feel sore joints. It feels super heavy, get the job done well. Pushing/lifting up slow has been neglected as a good means to produce muscle growth.

I never thought I'd be saying this, lol....

?

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:02:14 AM »
We have a natural pro at my gym that lifts slow and light. I just don't see how he is using enough weight to stress his back and chest muscles.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »
We have a natural pro at my gym that lifts slow and light. I just don't see how he is using enough weight to stress his back and chest muscles.

if the "light" if heavy enough to stimulate him and he looks the part, cool... I see many guys advocating it, but if I were them, would go heavier as it's not working. Some have given into the "as long as there is x amount of TUT, you're good". It's not as simple as that I find.

I like cables for the slow tension, especially biceps, machines for slow tempo quads. My hamstrings don't feel right pulling slow however.  So play with it, see which movements are suited for you to use slow tempo training...
?

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »
I tell him its genetics he gets mad because he wants to believe he works harder then everyone else. I think he would be thicker if he used more weight for compound movements. That's what got me to post the topic.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »
Maybe his success is because he is not overstressing his body from heavy weight?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 09:21:18 AM »
I tell him its genetics he gets mad because he wants to believe he works harder then everyone else. I think he would be thicker if he used more weight for compound movements. That's what got me to post the topic.

This is why I keep one movement trained that way. I think it's important to keep your CNS tuned and used to moving heavy shit for 4-8 heavy reps or you lose that ability. From there, loss of mass/density follows and that, I speak from experience.
?

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »
I might do 1 heavy movement 4 to 8 reps for chest back and legs and try slow 8 to 15 for everything else.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »
I might do 1 heavy movement 4 to 8 reps for chest back and legs and try slow 8 to 15 for everything else.

Could do that. train rather explosive concentric, 3 second negative, then on the higher rep stuff, slow it down, but to get 15 reps on 3-0-3-2 tempo, gonna have to really lower the weight.. I would not go over 12 reps.

Or... I get as many as I can with slow temp, then rep real fast to get in 4-6 more reps. That is a very well worked set, going to failure on many accounts here. Don't be surprised if after 3 weeks of this, you need to take a week of just "normal tempo" training.
?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 09:33:41 AM »
I love lifting heavy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
Me too.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
I lift heavy, not every workout though. Once every three weeks I will dip down into the 4-6 rep range and go as heavy as possible but only on certain excercises. Once every three months I will do some singles, doubles, and triples, just to see where I am at.

Everyone knows that one guy who lifts like a pussy yet looks great. There is an exception to every rule.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
I lift heavy, not every workout though. Once every three weeks I will dip down into the 4-6 rep range and go as heavy as possible but only on certain exercises. Once every three months I will do some singles, doubles, and triples, just to see where I am at.

Everyone knows that one guy who lifts like a pussy yet looks great. There is an exception to every rule.
yes .. Good Post Yev. For me itīs about training intelligently and looking into other possibilities with wide open eyes. Not just lifting a Heavy weight , eating and grunting like a Pig. After all we all want a good end results.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »
Some people just can't handle heavy weights consistently,  those people tend to stick to higher reps and mediocre weights never really advancing their strength. Usually more concerned with how they appear to other people.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
yes .. Good Post Yev. For me itīs about training intelligently and looking into other possibilities with wide open eyes. Not just lifting a Heavy weight , eating and grunting like a Pig. After all we all want a good end results.

Absolutely, lifting and training  smarter is my outlook as well. When I started looking at my training from this perspective progress once again resumed.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
Some people just can't handle heavy weights consistently,  those people tend to stick to higher reps and mediocre weights never really advancing their strength. Usually more concerned with how they appear to other people.
Of course Weight lifting is another ball Game. Bodybuilding is about Detail and training for a pleasing physique. looking in the mirror and feeling good about yourself is not arrogant but..pleasing after all you reap the rewards of your hard work. For me i train now for Health and yes i like to look good and be fit.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »
why is it people always talk that it's not possible to be big, fit and healthy? I feel it's an excuse guys make (no offense) to justify their downsize. Nothing wrong with not wanting to be at that level, it just takes too much of your "everything" leaves no room for much else...
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »
Absolutely, lifting and training  smarter is my outlook as well. When I started looking at my training from this perspective progress once again resumed.
Yev you are one of the most Intelligent Trainers on here. You have to keep an open mind regarding training. Nothing is carved in stone. Heavy lifting fine but intelligently planned.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
Progressive overload is the only way to grow as a natty.
"chasing the pump" and "squeezing" isnt gonna cut it
might not hurt time to time but you have to get stronger on a moderate rep range, as simple as that

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »
I just know when I lift with volume with moderate weight I feel like a pussy in the gym. I know heavy is relative when doing set after set of an exercise in good form.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
Progressive overload is the only way to grow as a natty.
"chasing the pump" and "squeezing" isnt gonna cut it
might not hurt time to time but you have to get stronger on a moderate rep range, as simple as that

Much too logical for most to understand.
?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
why is it people always talk that it's not possible to be big, fit and healthy? I feel it's an excuse guys make (no offense) to justify their downsize. Nothing wrong with not wanting to be at that level, it just takes too much of your "everything" leaves no room for much else...
Not sure. People tend to put alot of stock into body weight when it comes to being "fit". Personally,  I'm 275#'s, but I do cardio in the gym 3 days a week, mountain bike and hike with my family on the weekends and generally lead a physically active lifestyle.  Granted I won't be doing a marathon any time soon, but that's not what I train for, just like you won't find most marathoners pulling 6 plates.  ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!