Author Topic: The Guardian: Fox News "literally – working for al-Qaida and Isis’s media arm"  (Read 3220 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Guardian has posted an article about FOX New's embedding ISIS's latest snuff film, unedited on their webpage:

Fox News has chosen to embed on its website the video of Islamic State burning a hostage to death, a move which makes them the only US media organization to broadcast the video in full.

The extremely graphic 22-minute video shows Muadh al-Kasasbeh, a Jordanian pilot, being set on fire and burned to death in a cage. Fox News did not post the videos of the killings of previous Isis hostages, and no other media company has hosted this video.

The Guardian however, notes that ISIS supporters are quite thankful for FOX's hosting help:

On Twitter, accounts associated with Isis supporters are sharing the video via the links to the Fox News site. One account, which regularly posts pro-Isis slogans and updates about Islamic State ‘victories’ in battle, tweeted boastfully that “Whoever is looking for the al-Furqan version (of the video), here it is and it cannot be deleted because it is on an American network.” Al-Furqan is Isis’ media outlet.

And Terrorism experts seem to agree:

Rick Nelson, a senior associate in homeland security and terrorism at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said that posting the video actually empowers Isis.

... “These groups need a platform, and this gives them a platform,” he added.

Malcolm Nance, the executive director of the Terror Asymmetrics Project on Strategy, Tactics and Radical Ideology thinktank and an expert on counter-terrorism and radical extremism told the Guardian that by posting the video Fox News was propagating “exactly what Isis wants to propagate”.

“(Fox News) are literally – literally – working for al-Qaida and Isis’s media arm,” he added.

“They might as well start sending them royalty checks.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re:al-Qaida and Isis’s media arm"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
 ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: The Guardian: Fox News "literally – working for al-Qaida and "
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:32:38 AM »
Ah...no! What it's there for is to show evil. Unlike Obama and your leftists pansies who refuse to call Islamic radicals the enemy...Fox shows them for what they are.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Guardian: Fox News "literally – working for al-Qaida and "
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »
Ah...no! What it's there for is to show evil. Unlike Obama and your leftists pansies who refuse to call Islamic radicals the enemy...Fox shows them for what they are.

The Guardian has posted an article about FOX New's embedding ISIS's latest snuff film, unedited on their webpage:

Fox News has chosen to embed on its website the video of Islamic State burning a hostage to death, a move which makes them the only US media organization to broadcast the video in full.

The extremely graphic 22-minute video shows Muadh al-Kasasbeh, a Jordanian pilot, being set on fire and burned to death in a cage. Fox News did not post the videos of the killings of previous Isis hostages, and no other media company has hosted this video.

The Guardian however, notes that ISIS supporters are quite thankful for FOX's hosting help:

On Twitter, accounts associated with Isis supporters are sharing the video via the links to the Fox News site. One account, which regularly posts pro-Isis slogans and updates about Islamic State ‘victories’ in battle, tweeted boastfully that “Whoever is looking for the al-Furqan version (of the video), here it is and it cannot be deleted because it is on an American network.” Al-Furqan is Isis’ media outlet.

Rick Nelson, a senior associate in homeland security and terrorism at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said that posting the video actually empowers Isis.

Malcolm Nance, the executive director of the Terror Asymmetrics Project on Strategy, Tactics and Radical Ideology thinktank and an expert on counter-terrorism and radical extremism told the Guardian that by posting the video Fox News was propagating “exactly what Isis wants to propagate”.

“(Fox News) are literally – literally – working for al-Qaida and Isis’s media arm,” he added.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You know i hate FOX but this is just bullshit.

I dont care what agenda they have.

They report what happened like they should.

I never thought i would say this but props to FOX for being the only network showing this.

Things doesnt disappear because you dont look.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: "
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
You know i hate FOX but this is just bullshit.

I dont care what agenda they have.

They report what happened like they should.

I never thought i would say this but props to FOX for being the only network showing this.

Things doesnt disappear because you dont look.

they made this film for one purpose as a recruiting tool,so when you show it you play right in their hand.you can report what happened like everyone else did,but you don't have to give them a platform to recruit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
they made this film for one purpose as a recruiting tool,so when you show it you play right in their hand.you can report what happened like everyone else did,but you don't have to give them a platform to recruit

Everyone has access to the video once it hits the internet.  I don't need to watch it, but I think any benefit they get through recruiting is outweighed by shining the light on those cockroaches and showing the world how barbaric they are. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

rflmao.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 12:08:20 PM »
Everyone has access to the video once it hits the internet.  I don't need to watch it, but I think any benefit they get through recruiting is outweighed by shining the light on those cockroaches and showing the world how barbaric they are. 

exactly, you didn't have to watch it you heard about it and you pictured it in your mind and you knew how barbaric it was,so no need to give them fuckers a free platform for recruiting

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
exactly, you didn't have to watch it you heard about it and you pictured it in your mind and you knew how barbaric it was,so no need to give them fuckers a free platform for recruiting

You think some slimey sand rat in Syria or the UK is watching Fox News and decides to join ISIS based on the dolts on Fox n Friends running this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

A lot of other people might watch.  I think the hundreds or thousands that watch it will be appalled, which outweighs the handful of animals that might actually find it appealing and try to volunteer for ISIS.  I doubt people are going to start lining up to join ISIS after watching a video of someone being burned alive.  

Erik C

• Getbig IV
What I dream of seeing is a video of the USA nuking the shit out of ISIS.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »
A lot of other people might watch.  I think the hundreds or thousands that watch it will be appalled, which outweighs the handful of animals that might actually find it appealing and try to volunteer for ISIS.  I doubt people are going to start lining up to join ISIS after watching a video of someone being burned alive.  

well I'm going to go with what the Terrorism experts think instead of what the getbig experts think  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
well I'm going to go with what the Terrorism experts think instead of what the getbig experts think  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not going to think for yourself?  Shocking.  Who are these "terrorism experts"? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 12:23:55 PM »

when you go to the doc and he tells you you have a bad heart ,do you take it upon yourself to say no it's my foot,they're experts because they know that field ;D

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 12:25:30 PM »

The "Terrorist Experts" are the ones denying that islam is a terrorist religion.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »
The "Terrorist Experts" are the ones denying that islam is a terrorist religion.

what terrorist expert said that ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »
when you go to the doc and he tells you you have a bad heart ,do you take it upon yourself to say no it's my foot,they're experts because they know that field ;D

That depends.  If the doc's diagnosis makes sense, then yes I would accept their diagnosis and recommended treatment plan.  If it didn't make sense, I'd get a second opinion.  Plus, doctors go to medical school, have a medical license, board certifications, etc.

What do these "terrorism experts" have?  And even if we assume they are "experts," they can still be wrong. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
That depends.  If the doc's diagnosis makes sense, then yes I would accept their diagnosis and recommended treatment plan.  If it didn't make sense, I'd get a second opinion.  Plus, doctors go to medical school, have a medical license, board certifications, etc.

What do these "terrorism experts" have?  And even if we assume they are "experts," they can still be wrong. 

you get a second opinion that's good,from an expert not yourself, right

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »

Still that's censurship and i dont believe in that.

If people see this and feel compelled to join ISIS they are fucked in the head and would do so anyway because of some other event in the future.

I understand your point i just dont agree with it :)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »

Malcolm Wrightson Nance (born 1961 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is a African-American career intelligence officer, combat veteran, author, scholar and media commentator on international terrorism, intelligence, insurgency and torture. He is an internationally recognized expert in the history, personalities and organization of al Qaeda and its affiliates including the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant ISIL; jihadi radicalization, Islamic extremism in Middle East, Southwest Asian and African terror groups, as well as counterinsurgency and asymmetric warfare. Malcolm Nance practices in the fields of national security policy particularly in anti- and counter-terrorism intelligence, terrorist strategy and tactics, torture and counter-ideology in combatting radical Islamic extremism.

Rick Nelson a former director of the CSIS Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program, and currently a nonresident senior associate at CSIS. He is a former Navy helicopter pilot with over 20 years of operational and intelligence experience, including assignments at the National Security Council (NSC) and the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). He joined CSIS in September 2009, after retiring from the U.S. Navy, where he served in a variety of senior policy and operational positions. His last military assignment was with the Joint Special Operations Command. In 2005, he was selected to serve as an inaugural member in the NCTC Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning.

NOW WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS BEACH BUM ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 01:17:31 PM »
you get a second opinion that's good,from an expert not yourself, right

The second opinion would be based on my own assessment of the doc's advice.  Or I might just disagree and not take the doc's advice.  That's that whole independent thinking at work there.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »
Malcolm Wrightson Nance (born 1961 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is a African-American career intelligence officer, combat veteran, author, scholar and media commentator on international terrorism, intelligence, insurgency and torture. He is an internationally recognized expert in the history, personalities and organization of al Qaeda and its affiliates including the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant ISIL; jihadi radicalization, Islamic extremism in Middle East, Southwest Asian and African terror groups, as well as counterinsurgency and asymmetric warfare. Malcolm Nance practices in the fields of national security policy particularly in anti- and counter-terrorism intelligence, terrorist strategy and tactics, torture and counter-ideology in combatting radical Islamic extremism.

Rick Nelson a former director of the CSIS Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program, and currently a nonresident senior associate at CSIS. He is a former Navy helicopter pilot with over 20 years of operational and intelligence experience, including assignments at the National Security Council (NSC) and the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). He joined CSIS in September 2009, after retiring from the U.S. Navy, where he served in a variety of senior policy and operational positions. His last military assignment was with the Joint Special Operations Command. In 2005, he was selected to serve as an inaugural member in the NCTC Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning.

NOW WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS BEACH BUM ???

That looks pretty impressive.  My credentials?  An average Joe American citizen who thinks for himself.  So, in this instance, I'd be interested to hear their input on how to combat ISIS.  That doesn't mean I will agree with everything they say. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »

dude "terrorists" recruit.  ISIS is an "organization".  don't you listen to the President?