Author Topic: Effortlessly beautiful  (Read 21179 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Effortlessly beautiful
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2015, 03:58:01 AM »
I agree IM is best way to deliver it, but from a TRT perspective I wonder if its providing far higher levels of testosterone rather than replacement, as often TRT users typically report effects that they felt better than ever, or better than when they had nornal natural test levels which suggest they are getting a higher than therapuetic dose.

In terms of general steroid use, I think many users will go through life without problems, I think to a large extent it is luck of the genes and also use vs abuse. One thing I have always been amazed by in particular is the few guys I know who were not into bodybuilding that much but wanted to build some muscle and did one or two cycles and nothing else.  They seem to have benefited the most long term, as they are able to maintain their mass gained with minimal training and nutrition, its like the first couple of cycles didnt impact their test levels enough, so when they came off their own test levels stayed at a level high enough to maintain the gains long term.
Anyway back to your point, I do think its down to a combination of luck and genes interms of survival for the heavy user. If Im not mistaken there are far more top white bodybuilders who have died than black ones for example.
Users who stick to test probably at lower risk than those who use orals or things like tren and other substances.

Good points. Esp. for the hebrews not dying as much as whites, you may be onto something. To keep "luck" out of equation as much as possible one should perform regular blood tests and general check ups as there actually aren't so many "impact points" affected by AAS that it would be very difficult to monitor and make sure it's all good. Good indicator of "genetics" in this context is sides from small doses. Some people get gyno and fucked up lipid profile from very small amounts, while some can go much higher without any negaties (I personally can run tren at a high dose and even my lipids aren't showing much change. Or run a gram of test and not a sign of gyno would possible. Not like I'm doing that, vice versa actually).
 Regarding these trainees who tried a few small cycles and went off, while maintaining the gains, it may be true. Another thing I could add from a personal experience - I've blasted tren/test/nandrolone/EQ one time for quite a long period, then I dropped everything and left on 300/wk of test. Quess what - half a year later I was as heavy/big as at the end of a blast AND I continued to get stronger!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Effortlessly beautiful
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2015, 03:59:54 AM »
This argument also makes me wonder about the Paleo supporters. They talk about what our ancestors ate, and how that is the best diet, yet our ancestors didnt live that long. Things like arterial plaque and associated cardiovascular damage typically builds up over the decades and doesnt rear its head till the early 40's or later. In most cases our ancestors were dead by that time.

There is very little way of proving what state Paleolithic mans cardiovascular health was like at an advanced age, so how can we tell that Paleo is fundamentaly superior. They suggest that we are not desinged to eat the foods we eat today, and 10,000 years is not enough time for adaptation to take place, but some recent studies suggest that our gut bacteria has made some adaptations to handle things like wheat and yeasts. Europeans have the ability to process alcohol more effectively than certain other groups of people, the same with dairy.

Studies on the oldest human remains have usually found plaque deposits in people from Egypt, Peru, North America, East Asia, and Europe. Many of these people didnt eat wheat or dairy or the other so called "causes of all our dietary problems" yet still they had the symptoms of cardiovascular disease.

In general I tend to agree with a "genomes is still working in a paleo mode", it makes sense and there are quite some respectable scientists who are balls deep in that stuff, but overall - after year 50 or so it's difficult to talk abotu any recommendations as these people simply did not live past that.