Author Topic: Body Fat, Muscle and Weight Gain  (Read 1505 times)

nishanth156

• Getbig I
Body Fat, Muscle and Weight Gain
« on: February 22, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »
Hi All,

This is my very first posting on this forum , so kindly excuse any mistakes.I started serious training in May of 2014 , working out with a personal trainer 3 days a week and working out on my own once a week. My goals ar,e  1) Building some serious muscle and bulking up 2) Body fat reduction to the range of 10 - 16 %  , in that order.

I weighed 199.8 pounds in May 2014 with 22.53% Body Fat and now I weigh 218 pounds in February 2015 , with 22.26% body fat. I have attached a chart of my progress and measurements till now.

The questions I have - 1) My trainer told me that I have gained mostly muscle with a negligible amount of fat. Is this correct ? Is this the usual scenario for people who want to bulk up ?
2) How can I gain muscle and lose fat at the same time ? I try to follow a sensible diet most of the week , except for my cheat times twice a week.
3)I feel stronger , fitter and certainly have gained better immunity to diseases I would normally be susceptible to.Many people have told me that I have slimmed down ( even though I have actually gained weight). But why is my body fat percentage not going down.

Would really appreciate some suggestions and guidance on this one.

Thanks.