Author Topic: Paulo 'The Beast' Almeida - World's Biggest Arms - with fake plates?  (Read 21144 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Paulo 'The Beast' Almeida - World's Biggest Arms - with fake plates?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »
;D ever try curling an anvil, it ain't easy... :'( :'( :'( :'(
I used to curl an anvil when i worked with my friend who wAs a horseshoer.I would work with him 3 days a week and do 10 sets of curls with it wverytime i worked with him.Definitely not easy as they are heavy and awkward.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
I don't understand the need to use fake plates in these type of videos.  Poor young kids are impressionable enough.  Why the need to overdo it with fake plates?  I really just don't understand their reasoning unless they are simply appealing to the "low information lifter." 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »
I think the video did what it was supposed to/which was get attention/get people talking ,noticing this guy )

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »
What does the amount of weight matter these days anyway when you know its drugs,genetics,diet  ::) . I stroke my ego from time to time by curling 185 but is it doing anything for bicep growth? Bodybuilding no?

Its called muscle density. Theres a reason why it looks like Phillip Heath can't curl 225lbs, because he can't!

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 09:21:15 PM »
Big thick dude fake plates or not. Has he competed and won anything in bodybuilding?
I think he won a Canadian provincial show and highest pacing i believe is 3rd in the Canadian nationals.BIG ARMS BIG DUDE decent potential but his problem competing is conditioning mostly from the back. But once he nails it he will turn pro..

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 08:45:23 AM »

Very impressive, too bad he has become a delusional youtube celeb.  :-\

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 12:42:42 PM »
Here's a post of his from another board:

"Thanks for having me on your show Taylor. I am just gonna post a quik bio of myself that I just did the other day for a magazine to try to answer some questions other members might have I am from Vancouver bc Canada. My nationality is Portuguese. I am 38 years young But feel 28 and am told i look it too!lol. I'm 5'10 and am curently in middle of my Ofdaeason and sittin around 290. My last show in sept 2014 I was 245 and plan on being 5-10 lbs heavier and better in July this year. I started lifting weights in high school when I was14 until 18 but than took a 16 year lay off from the gym cause as I like to say life took me on other journeys. I played soccer for a Cpl years and just swim here n there and maybe do some push ups but nothin really to build muscle. I got bak into the gym April of 2010. I grew pretty fast from there cauae i was always pushing mysef to lift more n more everyday. So I just kept trainin hard cause I loved it and grew really fast (Thts why I got the nickname "the freak") . And the following year in late 2011 my friends convinced me I should do a regional amatuer show. I didn't wanna do it at first but than decided too when it was 4 wks away! I remember it clearly cause it was day after thanksgiving where I ate so much. Lol. So I ddid the show and almsost won. I came a close second and with only 4 wks of prep! After that I decided to try the provincial show (Which would be a state show if I was in the states.) I came third that one because my conditioning wasn't that great. I decided to do the Canadian nationals that year for the experience and came 10 outta 19. The following year I did the same provincial show and came a very close second and again condtion wasn't there again. I tried nationals again and placed 9 this ttime. Size was never a problem for me it was condition. So finally did the provincials in 2014 and finally brought conditioning and won my class and the overall. I'm pretty sure I would have won the first time I did this show if i would have came in condtioned.so than I did the Canadian nationals again in sept of last year 2014 8 wks later and came third. I will be doin the Canadian nationals this year July 15 and trying to get my pro card there ! It's funny cause I never thougt about turning pro till after this last nationals when I seen how I look properly condtioned and I know the package I can bring to the stage and also a lot of good feedback I got from people in the sport. Before that was just a hobby. And Diet wise was never that great before but now it's much better as I've learned a lot over the years. I try to kee it pretty clean in Ofdaeason as im an endomoprh and we can gain fat pretty easy If we dnt eat clean. But I do enjoy myself once in while still and actually have come use to eating clean now. Pre contest it's pretty much ame food just clean it up even more and of course lower carbs weeks until the show and throw in some cardio. Trainin wise I always train intense and to failure and believe in full ROM. I train 5 times a wk Ofdaeason and 6 times precontest. I believe u need 1 day off to let the body rest and ur mind! Nowadays I really try to go for that mind muscle connection. Lifting as much weight as I can while keeping proper form and making sure j can fee the muscle wrkin not just pushing the weight. The best Advice I can give young guys is make sure u use correct form first and dnt wrry the weight ur lifting. The weight will come. too many young guys just put too much weight on exercise and dnt use good form or full ROM. U won't grow efficiently like tht. I just wanna thank all my supporters out there cause without them it's hard to do this sport and if anyone wants to follow my journey in bodybuilding they can follow me on Instagram at paulo_the_freak_almeida. Thx again for having me on such a wonderful show."

balas

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
Very impressive, too bad he has become a delusional youtube celeb.  :-\
I can't stand this guy, with his compulsive dr hibbert laugh, and his posturing as if he's still a 270lbs monster

pathetic man living in the past

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 08:22:25 PM »
I can't stand this guy, with his compulsive dr hibbert laugh, and his posturing as if he's still a 270lbs monster

pathetic man living in the past

His gimmick is getting pretty annoying.

Think hes just a bitter egomaniac who's time in the industry has passed