Author Topic: I'm really starting to like Scott Walker  (Read 7860 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: I'm really starting to like Scott Walker
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »
I asked you a simple question about whether you could actually proved what Maddow said was true. It was a request for more information.  You reply was to claim that Maddow must be right because she was is on TV.  You committed yet another logical fallacy.

false

I claimed I presumed she was right because she is a news show and she provided sources for her claim and it had been out there for awhile (more of a standard than almost anything on this board)

If you read my prior post you will see the source of her claim about a surplus and there is no argument from Politifact that the shortfall was a paltry 137 million (care to guess what Walkers current projected deficit will be)

please show a definition of "request for more information"

Here a definition of ad hominem attack

let me know if you recognize it

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments. When used inappropriately, it is a fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact or when used in certain kinds of moral and practical reasoning.[3]
Fallacious ad hominem reasoning is normally categorized as an informal fallacy,[4][5][6] more precisely as a genetic fallacy,[7] a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.[8]
Ad hominem arguments are the converse of appeals to authority, and may be used in response to such appeals, for example, by pointing to the feet of clay of the authority being pointed to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:03 AM »
It was never a $3 billion debt. Rather, we faced a $3.6 billion budget shortfall ~ the difference between tax revenue projections and what agencies planned to spend in the next budget.
:

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »
false

I claimed I presumed she was right because she is a news show and she provided sources for her claim and it had been out there for awhile (more of a standard than almost anything on this board)

If you read my prior post you will see the source of her claim about a surplus and there is no argument from Politifact that the shortfall was a paltry 137 million (care to guess what Walkers current projected deficit will be)

Same thing, you assumed she was right and her sources were accurate based on her position and her political perspective.  You neither bothered to check her facts or check the links she provided for accuracy.  

I don't have strawman as my name while repeatedly committing a multitude of logical fallacies.  And if you'd like to see Ad hominems just read the majority of your posts in this thread.

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
 ::)
false

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2015, 11:28:20 AM »
It was never a $3 billion debt. Rather, we faced a $3.6 billion budget shortfall ~ the difference between tax revenue projections and what agencies planned to spend in the next budget.

OK, I've now read various things that support the 3.6 billion number (give or take) and has a projected 1.8 billion gap
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/wisconsin-state-budget-shortfall-projected-at-nearly-18-billion-b99345660z1-274364501.html

As we have noted in the past, incoming governors often seek to make the problem large so they can come off as budget-cutting heroes when they submit their plan. Governors leaving office have an incentive to downplay shortfalls to burnish their reputations for fiscal responsibility.

In terms of size, the shortfall that Walker projects is nothing unusual over the last decade. For instance, Doyle estimated a $3.2 billion deficit heading into 2003-2005, and at least $5.4 billion heading into 2009-2011.

The shortfalls are owing in large part to changes in how much money comes in through income and sales tax collections -- which are dependent on the economy among other factors.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2013/nov/15/scott-walker/gov-scott-walker-says-he-turned-36-billion-deficit/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
Same thing, you assumed she was right and her sources were accurate based on her position and her political perspective.  You neither bothered to check her facts or check the links she provided for accuracy.  

I don't have strawman as my name while repeatedly committing a multitude of logical fallacies.  And if you'd like to see Ad hominems just read the majority of your posts in this thread.

criticizing my screen name

ad hominem much?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »
criticizing my screen name

ad hominem much?

You presented the Maddow video has being undisputable truth.  I asked you about the veracity of the information Maddow presented in hopes that you would provide the information to myself and others reading this thread.  You responded by admitted you didn't have further information and that such a request was unnecessary because Maddow was on tv therefore she must not be questioned.  Whether I use an ad hominem is irrelevant.  I don't call myself strawman.  If you want examples of ad hominem attacks read your own replies to 333.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »

You presented the Maddow video has being undisputable truth.  I asked you about the veracity of the information Maddow presented in hopes that you would provide the information to myself and others reading this thread.  You responded by admitted you didn't have further information and that such a request was unnecessary because Maddow was on tv therefore she must not be questioned.  Whether I use an ad hominem is irrelevant.  I don't call myself strawman.  If you want examples of ad hominem attacks read your own replies to 333.

you used ad hominem in this thread and 333 uses it every day (just go read his posts directed at me the last two days)

now can you produce of a definition of "request for more information" or not

just find it online and post a link and then we can see if it applies or not

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »

Racist post reported.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
According to your logic anyone who appears in front of a camera deserves to be believed. You've just validated every piece of fox news video 333 has every posted.

Also, this is another logical fallacy called appeal to authority.

"News"? If you needed any further proof that there are trolls amongst us, you just found it.  ;D

Maybe next we'll read again that the NBPP didn't intimidate any voters, or that doubling the minimum wage won't increase unemployment?

It's not government's job to create jobs in the private (non-govt contractor) sector, nor should they dictate wages.

They can facilitate economic growth by reducing taxes and regulations. Wages go up when there is more business activity, and businesses must compete for workers' services. Of course a secure border and a more favorable business environment might help.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2014/07/the-troubling-decline-of-american-business-dynamism/375353/

When you start taxing people and corps at 40-50% or more, they will either go elsewhere or produce less - especially when govt provides incentives or additional disincentives.

When Walmart bumps up its entry level hourly wage, it will make it up somehow - layoffs, decreased wages at higher levels, increased prices, perhaps even store closings, etc.

When you start paying entry level fast food workers $15-20 an hour, businesses will lay off workers, increase prices, and in many cases shut down when they're small.

You can always cite a "study" that looked at a govt contractor like Boeing or union-controlled manufacturers who start everybody out at $20-30 or more an hour and say that raising the minimum won't directly impact that particular company - at least not right away, perhaps.

But it's just common sense that such a thing will directly impact many other businesses, which anyone who actually owned or ran a business or even just had a little formal or informal business education would know.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
why didn't the DOJ prosecute those 2 idiots at the polls?  Case dismissed in Dec 2008.  Disgusting.  Lock them up.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »
why didn't the DOJ prosecute those 2 idiots at the polls?  Case dismissed in Dec 2008.  Disgusting.  Lock them up.

Because Holder doesn't believe whites can experience racism or racial intimidation.   He's said it outright.  At the time there were several black members of getbig who defended these two fools and denied they were intending to intimidate voters.  I may be wrong but I thought you defended them as well.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
Because Holder doesn't believe whites can experience racism or racial intimidation.   He's said it outright.  At the time there were several black members of getbig who defended these two fools and denied they were intending to intimidate voters.  I may be wrong but I thought you defended them as well.

???

Dec 2008.   holder wasn't in power yet, obama wasn't in power yet.  

Bush was still in power.  Bush's DOJ is the one you should be blaming.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
???

Sorry I meant when it happened again in 2012
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
Sorry I meant when it happened again in 2012

i would firehose any asshole that blocked voting booths.  for sure.  Just knock them down hard.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
???

I actually looked it up.   The New Black Panthers Party's 08 activities were brought before Holder and the DOJ in 09 and they refused to pursue charges of voter intimidation.  Obama and Holder were both in power at the time.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
I actually looked it up.   The New Black Panthers Party's 08 activities were brought before Holder and the DOJ in 09 and they refused to pursue charges of voter intimidation.  Obama and Holder were both in power at the time.

correct, holder respected the decision of Bush's DOJ.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2015, 06:41:32 PM »
Granted, he admitted he considered placing rioters into a peaceful protest in order to get it rowdy so police could crush it, so that's a bad thing... but aside from that...

I'm really starting to like Walker.  He keeps making brilliant statements like this:

“I’ve actually never talked about it or I haven’t read about that,” Walker said, his voice calm and firm. “I’ve never asked him that,” he added. “You’ve asked me to make statements about people that I haven’t had a conversation with about that. How [could] I say if I know either of you are a Christian?"
Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.
“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”

Walker isn't buying into the typical wedge issue, personal attack/suspicion bullshit that other politicians (of both parties) always choose. 

If he can remain consistent on this - and not just pick and choose which social issues to weigh in on - I'm totally going to like this guy in the 2016 primaries.  It'll be hypocritical if he says "we should focus on economics, I'm not talking about evolution", then he proceeds to scream about 5 popular social issue positions he has.

Would love to see him stay on message - fix the economy - while showing competence on the important issues like defense, and lettting the states deal with the day-to-day drama on wedge issues.

"Stupid is as stupid does".
-F. Gump

James

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »
Granted, he admitted he considered placing rioters into a peaceful protest in order to get it rowdy so police could crush it, so that's a bad thing... but aside from that...

I'm really starting to like Walker.  He keeps making brilliant statements like this:

“I’ve actually never talked about it or I haven’t read about that,” Walker said, his voice calm and firm. “I’ve never asked him that,” he added. “You’ve asked me to make statements about people that I haven’t had a conversation with about that. How [could] I say if I know either of you are a Christian?"
Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.
“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”

Walker isn't buying into the typical wedge issue, personal attack/suspicion bullshit that other politicians (of both parties) always choose. 

If he can remain consistent on this - and not just pick and choose which social issues to weigh in on - I'm totally going to like this guy in the 2016 primaries.  It'll be hypocritical if he says "we should focus on economics, I'm not talking about evolution", then he proceeds to scream about 5 popular social issue positions he has.

Would love to see him stay on message - fix the economy - while showing competence on the important issues like defense, and lettting the states deal with the day-to-day drama on wedge issues.

My whole family - all Republicans - are voting Obama.  i'm driving them to the station later - buying everyone dinner - making it a real family event.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
180 - taking a beating today