Author Topic: Things to do in London, England in June  (Read 4224 times)

Knooger

• Getbig V
Things to do in London, England in June
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
What sort of crap would you recommend to do in London (and general area) if you had 3 days to kill? Wife, 3 kids and two in-laws will be there. Touristy crap but don't want to get stabbed.

Bodybuilding related: I'm wider than Heath.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Things to do in London, England in June
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
I hear converting to Islam is one of those must do things...

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:11:10 PM »
What sort of crap would you recommend to do in London (and general area) if you had 3 days to kill? Wife, 3 kids and two in-laws will be there. Touristy crap but don't want to get stabbed.

Post on Getbig about weight loss "Maths".

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »

Being a closet homosexual, you may enjoy Wimbledon.

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »
ditch the entourage, hook up with the other London get Biggers who post often, circle jerk, meet up back with the fam bam and continue on as if nothing happened.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

Take a little trip over to Birmingham. The kids will love it

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »

If you're in London, in June, you should thrust back and forth inside him until you nut off.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
Don't go south of the river, all black and Muslim. Do the usual touristy shit. Having lived there for so long I know it's only a thin layer of bling over the mountains of shit and poverty. See a show or two, see the museums and shops and then GTFO.

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
The best thing you can do in June in London is go to Ibizia.

Hope that helps.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »
Don't go south of the river, all black and Muslim. Do the usual touristy shit. Having lived there for so long I know it's only a thin layer of bling over the mountains of shit and poverty. See a show or two, see the museums and shops and then GTFO.

x2 Do the touristy stuff and avoid any interaction with "real" Londoners.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
A walking tour might be interesting

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:27 AM »
I've been asked to go to the UK several times fr seminars.i just have no desire. Lately it's been Paris. Too much going on over there (terrorism wise) to even consider traveling to that part of the world.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 12:22:19 AM »
I've been asked to go to the UK several times fr seminars.i just have no desire. Lately it's been Paris. Too much going on over there (terrorism wise) to even consider traveling to that part of the world.

You are statistically more likely to die on the plane over there...

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »

You can actually visit a few countries at the same time if you go to the right places.

Visit Southall and it is just like being in India.

Visit Brixton and it is just like being in the Caribbean.

Visit Newham, it is just like being in Nigeria.

London has so much to offer.

Reality is if you are there for 3 days with the family and have never been there before you might as well stick to the tourist routes.

Touristy crap = Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Tower of London, London Bridge. Do the Natural History Museum its massive, Science Museum, dont bother with any of the others. Buckingham Palace.

Dont waste time trying food, if your coming from most other countries, the eating experience at 90% of places you find will be mediocre. If you see a chain you like, you might as well just go there.

For transport get a travel card so you can use underground, buses, DLR without having to worry about different tickets. Heres a link, you only need zones 1-2 to see 90% of all the tourist sites.  No point going further a field, better stay central as that way you can develop an unrealisticly enjoyable tourists view of what life in london is like.

http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/london-travelcard/

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »
As a getbigger you must shop in Harrods. Theres a Swarovski encrusted home gym in there you can buy for about £150k

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »
Tea houses with scones, fresh cream and jam.  :P It would be heavenly to feel the crisp cold air on my skin while rugged up in jeans, scarf and hat and gloves.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 12:58:31 AM »

if you behave that way, then the terrorists have won.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 01:00:03 AM »

Stick with Paris, better food, better wine, plenty of sights, beautiful women with sexy accents, cant go to far wrong. Still Paris can stake a claim to Europes most dangerous suburb, not that you would ever venture there.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 02:02:03 AM »

Natural History Museum is an absolute must - and the science museum - kids and adults will love it.

Covent Garden is cool - with the street performers.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 06:36:18 AM »
Order a pint of bitter.  Taste it.  Order a pint of lager.

Greet everyone you meet with Arright Guv or Arright Luv.  Ask for directions to The Caff and disparage immigrants.

Pissed means drunk, not angry, but they'll still eject you from the pub if you're pissed enough.  I'm guessing this will be a handy tidbit.  If you're in good company someone may offer to buy you some piss which you may be expected to either skull/neck.  If this happens, sooner or later it will be your shout, so don't fuck off before then.

"I voted for the other guy."

Theatre, museums, once in a lifetime historical sites.  There's a really good cheese shop somewhere too.  It was either in or near a market.  Hth.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:09 AM »
Pussy americans wouldnt last 2 minutes in the mean streets of PARIS

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
You can actually visit a few countries at the same time if you go to the right places.

Visit Southall and it is just like being in India.

Visit Brixton and it is just like being in the Caribbean.

Visit Newham, it is just like being in Nigeria.

London has so much to offer.

Reality is if you are there for 3 days with the family and have never been there before you might as well stick to the tourist routes.

Touristy crap = Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Tower of London, London Bridge. Do the Natural History Museum its massive, Science Museum, dont bother with any of the others. Buckingham Palace.

Dont waste time trying food, if your coming from most other countries, the eating experience at 90% of places you find will be mediocre. If you see a chain you like, you might as well just go there.

For transport get a travel card so you can use underground, buses, DLR without having to worry about different tickets. Heres a link, you only need zones 1-2 to see 90% of all the tourist sites.  No point going further a field, better stay central as that way you can develop an unrealisticly enjoyable tourists view of what life in london is like.

http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/london-travelcard/

Agree with it all. Only not with the DLR. You find yourself taking the DLR you're already in Pakistan and need to hastily make your way West again.

I slag it but there are great stuff to visit. There's some amazing history and stories to explore. Some nice wine bars on the Southbank I used to frequent and took a stroll along the river at night. That's when London is quite beautiful and enchanting and even sceptics like myself enjoyed being there.

However, never in my life will I live there again.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
Join the jihad. Visit a mosque. March in an Islamic protest against British rule. Behead a Buckingham Palace guard on the streets. Don't worry. No one will stop you.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
London is nothing like the rest of the UK, what you see there is a concentration of yuppies, immigrants and try-hards, it's a huge parody of itself. You should try visiting somewhere a bit more down to earth to get a flavour of reality...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »
Bring the whole family to visit and train at Dorians gym, Temple Gym. Your kids can learn about the history of bodybuilding. Very educational.
X