Author Topic: FCC Commissioner - Obama plan will destroy the Internet  (Read 1924 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: FCC Commissioner - Obama plan will destroy the Internet
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:27:42 AM »
I've said from the start allowing the FCC power over the Internet is a mistake.  People dismissed me.  Wait and see. The FCC will have power to regulate content and they will. When does the government ever grant itself powers it doesn't intend to use?
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:30:06 AM »
I've said from the start allowing the FCC power over the Internet is a mistake.  People dismissed me.  Wait and see. The FCC will have power to regulate content and they will. When does the government ever grant itself powers it doesn't intend to use?
agree, keep the government away from the internet

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:29 AM »
My highly speculative guess is one of the objectives is to regulate  political organizations on the net much the same way the IRS does.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »
My highly speculative guess is one of the objectives is to regulate  political organizations on the net much the same way the IRS does.

accurate.   and since obama is esentially creating millions of new Dem voters - Amnesty and perpetuating poverty/govt dependence.

he doesn't want billionaires like Koch being able to buy unlimited online ads for the Repub candidate. 

Repubs should NOT have caved on this - the internet was the great equalizer to cancel out the new dem advantages.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
accurate.   and since obama is esentially creating millions of new Dem voters - Amnesty and perpetuating poverty/govt dependence.

he doesn't want billionaires like Koch being able to buy unlimited online ads for the Repub candidate. 

Repubs should NOT have caved on this - the internet was the great equalizer to cancel out the new dem advantages.

Agreed 100000000000000000000000 0000000%

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02:09 AM »

Ive been reading about political money and there really isnt much of an imbalance between republicans and democrats in terms of the big donors. Anyway, what we do know is that the FCC has regulatory powers and to think they won't use that power is naive.  Its times like these that I wonder where all the conspiracy nuts are.
A

James

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02:27 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
I just finished reading this.  

While the FCC is inserting government bureaucracy into all aspects of Internet access, the FEC is debating whether to regulate Internet content, specifically political speech posted for free online.

Twenty years ago, the FEC began to regulate expenditures for political speech on the Internet, but experience quickly demonstrated that such regulation was counterproductive and highly unpopular. After fits and starts, in 2006, the FEC adopted a regulation that protected the right of people and groups to disseminate political commentary online free from regulation. Specifically, the 2006 rule exempted from regulation all political commentary that citizens and groups post online for free, including on websites, blogs and social media platforms. (The FEC maintained regulation over online posts by campaigns and PACs as well as paid advertisements.)

The freedom protected by the 2006 rule fostered a robust national forum for political discussion. Millions of Americans post political opinions for free on blogs, chat rooms, comment boards and social media platforms like YouTube and Facebook. Without government regulation, political speech and civic engagement have flourished on the Internet, and ordinary citizens have had the same freedom and ability to disseminate their political opinions to a wide public audience as large media corporations.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/02/fcc-internet-regulations-ajit-pai-115399_full.html#.VO4HN9XF9wp
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
I just finished reading this.  

While the FCC is inserting government bureaucracy into all aspects of Internet access, the FEC is debating whether to regulate Internet content, specifically political speech posted for free online.

Twenty years ago, the FEC began to regulate expenditures for political speech on the Internet, but experience quickly demonstrated that such regulation was counterproductive and highly unpopular. After fits and starts, in 2006, the FEC adopted a regulation that protected the right of people and groups to disseminate political commentary online free from regulation. Specifically, the 2006 rule exempted from regulation all political commentary that citizens and groups post online for free, including on websites, blogs and social media platforms. (The FEC maintained regulation over online posts by campaigns and PACs as well as paid advertisements.)

The freedom protected by the 2006 rule fostered a robust national forum for political discussion. Millions of Americans post political opinions for free on blogs, chat rooms, comment boards and social media platforms like YouTube and Facebook. Without government regulation, political speech and civic engagement have flourished on the Internet, and ordinary citizens have had the same freedom and ability to disseminate their political opinions to a wide public audience as large media corporations.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/02/fcc-internet-regulations-ajit-pai-115399_full.html#.VO4HN9XF9wp

communist thugs and pos like Obama don't and cant tolerate dissent from their tyrannical beliefS AND edicts

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 09:36:38 AM »
communist thugs and pos like Obama don't and cant tolerate dissent from their tyrannical beliefS AND edicts

Same article.  It just gets worse and worse.  People should have seen this coming.

Despite this success, the FEC finds itself locked in a renewed debate over the regulation of online political opinions. The debate was triggered last October when commissioners split 3-3 in a case involving a group that posted two political videos on YouTube without reporting them to the FEC. Three commissioners (including the co-author of this piece) voted to exempt the YouTube videos from regulation under the 2006 Internet rule while three voted to investigate and regulate the organization. Two months later, commissioners split again over the metes and bounds of the 2006 Internet freedom rule in a case involving an organization that simply posted political news releases on its own website. Even though it would require four votes for the FEC to regulate the Internet, these close votes and the risk of idiosyncratic case-by-case enforcement inevitably discourage citizens and groups from speaking freely online about politics.

Following these deadlocks, the FEC held a hearing this month on Internet regulation and other issues. About 5,000 citizens submitted comments urging the FEC to keep its hands off the Internet. Three former FEC commissioners and five nonprofit groups testified that the Internet should not be regulated. Even “a little” regulation, they maintained, would suppress significant amounts of political speech — for no compelling reason. Significantly, as one former FEC commissioner testified, a decade of free Internet speech has not given rise to corruption. Freedom has served us well.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Same article.  I broke it up in chunks and plucked out them most pertinent info.

How heavy-handed? The FCC will start regulating broadband rates. It will decree, based on a vaguely defined “Internet conduct” standard, whether companies can offer consumer-friendly service plans (such as T-Mobile’s Music Freedom program, which offers customers unlimited access to streaming music). It will institutionalize innovation by permission — giving advisory opinions on prospective business plans or practices (and companies will ask before innovating for fear of what will happen if they don’t). It will even assert the power to force private companies to physically deploy broadband infrastructure and route Internet traffic in specific ways. And in a gift to the plaintiffs’ bar, the FCC will deputize trial lawyers to file class-action lawsuits if they contend that any of these rules are being violated.

These Internet regulations will deter broadband deployment, depress network investment and slow broadband speeds. How do we know? Compare Europe, which has long had utility-style regulations, with the United States, which has embraced a light-touch regulatory model. Broadband speeds in the United States, both wired and wireless, are significantly faster than those in Europe. Broadband investment in the United States is several multiples that of Europe. And broadband’s reach is much wider in the United States, despite its much lower population density.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Repubs have the numbers to impeach now.  At the VERY least, it ties obama's hands from bullshit like this.

every fucking day, I scratch my head... he did fast and furious, that's plenty for impeachment.  that's enough to get hearings, and paralyze his presidency. 

instead, I guess it's more fun to LET HIM DO WHATEVER HE WANTS for 2 more years, and fight impeachment.  I don't get it, not one bit.  Repubs cannot even explain why they're against impeachment, just because FOX news told them to. 

Every morning, I shake my head.  Repubs are angry, obama did more bullshit, and nobody talking impeachment.  WTF?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »
Repubs have the numbers to impeach now.  At the VERY least, it ties obama's hands from bullshit like this.

every fucking day, I scratch my head... he did fast and furious, that's plenty for impeachment.  that's enough to get hearings, and paralyze his presidency. 

instead, I guess it's more fun to LET HIM DO WHATEVER HE WANTS for 2 more years, and fight impeachment.  I don't get it, not one bit.  Repubs cannot even explain why they're against impeachment, just because FOX news told them to. 

Every morning, I shake my head.  Repubs are angry, obama did more bullshit, and nobody talking impeachment.  WTF?

I doubt impeachment will happen. It's a lot of effort without any reward.  In terms of the FCC, I thought it was pretty clear this is what would happen.  The FCC is a regulatory organization.  Regulating is what it does. Did anyone expect them to stop at "net neutrality?"
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
I doubt impeachment will happen. It's a lot of effort without any reward.  In terms of the FCC, I thought it was pretty clear this is what would happen.  The FCC is a regulatory organization.  Regulating is what it does. Did anyone expect them to stop at "net neutrality?"

Clinton got his balls clipped with the impeachment hearings.  He had to slow down.  And he lied about getting dome.  We're talking about 200 dead people from guns that obama almost personally tossed over the border LOL... that's serious shit!

Obama will keep doing this... every month, a new cause.  Amnesty, it happened.  Net neutrality, it just happened.  Keystone killed, it just happened.  Every month, a new monster dem victory, and it's going to get worse each time.  And repubs will act like the victims, but if they're against impeachment when they have an actual cause, they're complicit in obama's crimes now, as shitty as that feels to face.   Like bush said, you're either with the good guys or the bad guys, you can't say you are against bad guys but hold the door open to let them in :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
bump

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
This has the potential for bad shit and the wack job leftists are starting to see it. This is a consumer/freedom issue not a left/right issue because I have no doubt a Mike Huckabee admin would cut my XHamster viewing in half.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
Liberal philanthropist George Soros and the Ford Foundation have lavished groups supporting the administration’s “net neutrality” agenda, donating $196 million.

Repubs own the House AND the Senate.   how could this happen?

This has the potential for bad shit and the wack job leftists are starting to see it. This is a consumer/freedom issue not a left/right issue because I have no doubt a Mike Huckabee admin would cut my XHamster viewing in half.

LMAO!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V