Author Topic: Anyone here ever do one body part per day with success??  (Read 64357 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Anyone here ever do one body part per day with success??
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:09:27 AM »
Saw this and I may give it a try, time saver... I only lift 4 days per week, so it would be like each body part, every week and a half.
At my age (almost 49) and 35+ years of lifting, I'm just trying to maintain. It will give me a bit more time to work on conditioning each week after my weight workouts.

I only do the Battle Ropes or my exercise bike since all of my training is at home...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone here ever do one body part per day with success??
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:57:55 AM »
A  majority of BB'ers (at one time or another) have done the one body part a day thing. Though  usually 6 days a week,  could be shorten, without much trouble, to less days a week.

A few Olympic and some Pl'ers , taking a break from regular training, switch to  GVT (German Volume Training)...10X10's) , which can include one or two body parts per workout. Two to 3 workout per week. Much less stress on some of those battered joints and the CNS.

Good luck.
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Thanks, started on it this week, so far I like it (change things up)...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »
That order sucks IMO. Why do triceps after chest? Your hitting triceps when working chest, then the next day your doing cg bench, jm press, and dips? Your hitting your chest pretty good again. Same with biceps a day after back.

you think it would be better to do something like day 1-chest, day2-back, day3-legs,day 4-shoulders,day5-triceps,day6-biceps,day 7-practice posing and applying tanning oil?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »
That order sucks IMO. Why do triceps after chest? Your hitting triceps when working chest, then the next day your doing cg bench, jm press, and dips? Your hitting your chest pretty good again. Same with biceps a day after back.

you think it would be better to do something like day 1-chest, day2-back, day3-legs,day 4-shoulders,day5-triceps,day6-biceps,day 7-practice posing and applying tanning oil?

Please add shaving body and tanning to day 7......

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
Working each muscle group once a week, on a 6 day a week schedule has worked well for me in recent years. My body responds well to a longer recovery time. This is likely age related.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:11 AM »
I've tried it and I don't like it, much better to train a few groups together and have a few days off

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 11:40:49 AM »
When you are doing isolation exercises alone, for smaller muscles, such as triceps, biceps and shoulders, the results won't be great, unless you start, and end, with some big compound exercises, that use lots of muscles, to get a big natural release of GH, so that the targeted small muscles get the best chance of growing.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »
I did it for 2 weeks, didn't really care for it. When back to two body-parts and a bit more volume... It was good for the days where time was limited...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 05:44:59 PM »
I did it for 2 weeks, didn't really care for it. When back to two body-parts and a bit more volume... It was good for the days where time was limited...

I doubt two weeks on any routine is enough to know whether it works or not.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 01:08:17 AM »
I find itīs not just a time saver but allows me to get other types of training in such as Cardio. depends on your goals really. If you plan a 1 muscle a Day routine well it works. Working a large and small muscle group together also works well.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 03:54:08 AM »
I doubt two weeks on any routine is enough to know whether it works or not.

Wasnt really about whether it works, more about not really fun doing it. (Couldn't get into it), old habits are hard to break (for me)... But Donny, youre right, more time for fitness stuff and cardio...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 04:05:40 AM »
Wasnt really about whether it works, more about not really fun doing it. (Couldn't get into it), old habits are hard to break (for me)... But Donny, youre right, more time for fitness stuff and cardio...
yeah, everyone does their own thing and quite rightly so. If it aint broke why fix it ..as someone once said... ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 07:05:14 AM »
Saw this and I may give it a try, time saver... I only lift 4 days per week, so it would be like each body part, every week and a half.
At my age (almost 49) and 35+ years of lifting, I'm just trying to maintain. It will give me a bit more time to work on conditioning each week after my weight workouts.

I only do the Battle Ropes or my exercise bike since all of my training is at home...

combine chest and shoulder and biceps and triceps and you've got your 4 day routine. chest and shoulders are basically the same exercises. i would do chest and shoulders first day, legs next day back next and arms end of week...in my humble opinion.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »

Old habits are hard for most people to break. Hey, not everyone is the same. If this wasn't your thing, then that's fine.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 06:57:10 AM »
I think biceps and triceps being trained on different days is a waste. The split I've found to be most beneficial to me is.

M: Chest and maybe bicep
T: Back and maybe tricep
W: Legs
Th: Shoulders
Sat: Arms
Sun: Rest or lagging bodypart

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 10:36:51 AM »
combine chest and shoulder and biceps and triceps and you've got your 4 day routine. chest and shoulders are basically the same exercises. i would do chest and shoulders first day, legs next day back next and arms end of week...in my humble opinion.

Thats a good split Funk...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
Thats a good split Funk...
I agree it makes sense

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »
Doing one bodypart per session, the body is trained over 9 days. So in 9 days, I train 7 times. Liking it, as after chest, I'm done, same with shoulders. It's nice to train just triceps alone, hamstrings alone. It's 30-40 min training then 10 cardio. Been a good 3 weeks now, long enough to say I like it and see gains coming.
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
Doing one bodypart per session, the body is trained over 9 days. So in 9 days, I train 7 times. Liking it, as after chest, I'm done, same with shoulders. It's nice to train just triceps alone, hamstrings alone. It's 30-40 min training then 10 cardio. Been a good 3 weeks now, long enough to say I like it and see gains coming.
If you train hard enough then as often quoted then the stimulus is again there to each muscle(s) with the overlap factor . I think a split where you are hitting a muscle group every 5-7 Days is enough. So many factors involved though,intensity,volume....infinity  ;D if it works for you do it. I will say something though.. a few exercises wonīt cut it..  just like you wonīt cut a Diamond with anything less than lots of angles.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
I think biceps and triceps being trained on different days is a waste. The split I've found to be most beneficial to me is.

M: Chest and maybe bicep
T: Back and maybe tricep
W: Legs
Th: Shoulders
Sat: Arms
Sun: Rest or lagging bodypart

This. Arms are small enough muscles you are better off doing bis and tris on the same workout.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »
Sunday: Chest
Monday: Back
Tuesday: Biceps and triceps and forearms
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Shoulders

Pretty much a one bodypart per day split, minus the arms and legs.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 10:28:36 PM »

This has definitely worked for me.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »
I've done below with great success.
1. chest, abs
2. back
3. quads, calves
4. shoulders, abs
5. arms, forearms
6. hamstrings, calves

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 03:54:24 AM »

I train similarly from a lifting perspective. I do some form of significant exercise every day though.