Author Topic: Increase deadlift tips  (Read 9493 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Increase deadlift tips
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »
tell that to the man you see in the mirror :D
I told him, he just mocked me for missing my rack pull today....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 01:41:55 AM »
I told him, he just mocked me for missing my rack pull today....
;D Ok

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
The deadlifts did not happen Saturday trained with a lngtime training partner did back but no DLs as we did a pumpathon with arms as well like I said secondary goal on the back burner I'm more concerned with burning cals and stimulating muscles 2 grow than I am a PR it's just gives me a secondary strength goal to shoot for May hit DLs today since I'm like 2 weeks ahead on my split need to take a day off but I've been resting and eating perfect I do not feel I need a rest day yet been 12 days lift with no days off but I basically slept the whole weekend only ate and trained

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »
If just into BB'ing, or generally getting stronger, than might suggest a trap/shrug bar/hex bar (whichever name  you want to use). Advantages are  that the thumbs are facing forward (a more natural grip), bar not touching/rubbing against the body and the body finds it easier to stay more inline with the ankles/hips.  A straighter up & down position, which may reduce the chance of injury's to the lower back...less stress, can be achieved.. Trap bars  are also great for exercises like farmer walks and step-ups.

Disadvantage...the width of the grip stays the same, can't try a narrower or wider grip. Though a few guys (me included) grip the 45's for a wider grip, great for building gripping power.

Good luck.
F

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »
Mainly into bbing but u know how it is every once in a while u have to change shit up I like to have big goals and other little things as well that can b accomplished with reasonable amount of time provided the effort is out in keeps me motivated if always progressing forward in any direction. Appreciate all the tips I have used the trap bar but I figured that was cheating idk if was my stance but felt a lot of quads and I have hit 4 plates a side for 20 reps with that thing on legs days seems considerably easier than the standard DL or sumo come to think of it since u mentioned it I am hit shoulders and traps today I will b shrugging with the trap bar instead of the straight bar

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
I've never really noticed any gains from deadlifts so I just quit doing them

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
Lol