Author Topic: The Fox News Version of Events  (Read 14534 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The Fox News Version of Events
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:38:46 PM »
Fox News usually has a perspective on the day's events that is uniquely provocative compared to the stuff you hear from the lamestream media. Thought it would be interesting to post some of it here.

While Ferguson remains in the headlines, Fox'& Friends' takes a somewhat curious angle and asks if the recent police shootings are part of Eric Holder's promised police department reform policy.

New #Ferguson violence comes just one week after AG Holder vowed to dismantle the city's PD. Is this what he meant?

Seems unlikely. It doesn't even really make sense. However, Fox had a stream of guests on discussing the shooting and how Holder was responsible:

Judge Andrew Napolitano said Holder "fanned the flames of hate" against the police with recent AG report. Napolitano then said that Holder should've emulated the Bush administration's secret police reform in Newark. Secret reform that was so effective that the DOJ closed another investigation last year ordering drastic reform for the department.

They then spoke to frequent guest legal analyst Bob Massi who said Holder's findings incited race relations and riots... presumably in a way selective, racially motivated policing didn't.  ::)

They then spoke to Jeff Roorda of the St. Louis Police officers association. He admirably got right down to business. He just said this:

“I kept hearing yesterday the protesters finally got what they wanted, Chief Jackson stepped down,” Roorda said, referring to Police Chief Tom Jackson’s resignation. “They didn’t get what they wanted when Tom stepped down. They got it late last night when they finally, successfully shot two police officers.”

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: The Fox News Version of Events
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:53:51 PM »
A big part of the magic of Fox News is an unparalleled expertise in scaremongering.  There's no political, racial or economic boogetyman Fox isn't willing to exploit.

Like here. Fox's "terrorism expert"  recently claimed, among other things, that entire cities in Europe and England were held under Sharia law and no-go zones for people who are Muslims.  He actually said Birmingham was all Muslim and under the control of Muslim religious police. From what I understand, Fox had actually repeated this claim several times before, but finally issued an apology as they had gone from just allowing "guests" to repeat this nonsense to on-air staff repeating.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »
Fox News usually has a perspective on the day's events that is uniquely provocative compared to the stuff you hear from the lamestream media. Thought it would be interesting to post some of it here.

While Ferguson remains in the headlines, Fox'& Friends' takes a somewhat curious angle and asks if the recent police shootings are part of Eric Holder's promised police department reform policy.

Seems unlikely. It doesn't even really make sense. However, Fox had a stream of guests on discussing the shooting and how Holder was responsible:

Judge Andrew Napolitano said Holder "fanned the flames of hate" against the police with recent AG report. Napolitano then said that Holder should've emulated the Bush administration's secret police reform in Newark. Secret reform that was so effective that the DOJ closed another investigation last year ordering drastic reform for the department.

They then spoke to frequent guest legal analyst Bob Massi who said Holder's findings incited race relations and riots... presumably in a way selective, racially motivated policing didn't.  ::)

They then spoke to Jeff Roorda of the St. Louis Police officers association. He admirably got right down to business. He just said this:

I didn't see the clip, and the it wouldn't surprise me if the author didn't either, but I imagine the first comment was satire. 

Regarding Judge Napolitano, he was is absolutely correct. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
Napolitano is way off, though I generally think highly of him.

We need less secrecy and more transparency.  There's clearly a problem, unless we're subscribing to the typical CT non-sense.

Be open and honest about it, explain the findings, and how they plan to fix things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
A big part of the magic of Fox News is an unparalleled expertise in scaremongering.  There's no political, racial or economic boogetyman Fox isn't willing to exploit.

Like here. Fox's "terrorism expert"  recently claimed, among other things, that entire cities in Europe and England were held under Sharia law and no-go zones for people who are Muslims.  He actually said Birmingham was all Muslim and under the control of Muslim religious police. From what I understand, Fox had actually repeated this claim several times before, but finally issued an apology as they had gone from just allowing "guests" to repeat this nonsense to on-air staff repeating.

Fox News critics are funny.  They appear incapable of grasping the fact that Fox News is simply better.  That's why they beat the crap out of everyone else.  

Part of teh funny is how critics invent nonsensical terms like "Faux News," as if the network invents hard news stories.  

Then there was the picture I saw being circulated during Ferguson that attempted to show that Fox has all white female hosts.  Blatantly false.

And the funniest thing might be how an incredibly awful network like MSNBC, who gave Al Sharpton his own show, spends an inordinate amount of time talking about Fox.  

But as the numbers show, they're better at hard news, overall their opinion shows are superior, and people trust them more than any other news network.  Tough pill to swallow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
Napolitano is way off, though I generally think highly of him.

We need less secrecy and more transparency.  There's clearly a problem, unless we're subscribing to the typical CT non-sense.

Be open and honest about it, explain the findings, and how they plan to fix things.

He's right about Holder fanning flames.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »
60% lies ,viewers are the most uninformed lol

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

Not with the recent AG report.  He's done nothing but answer questions openly.  In terms of what Holder did during the investigation, I think that might be the case.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
60% lies ,viewers are the most uninformed lol

lol.  I bet dollars to donuts you cannot explain that "60% lies" crap. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »

Not with the recent AG report.  He's done nothing but answer questions openly.  In terms of what Holder did during the investigation, I think that might be the case.

Sure he did.  The timing of the release was calculated to draw attention away from the contemporaneous decision not to charge Wilson.  He was trying to appease all those folks who embraced a false narrative.

I think it had the opposite effect of further polarizing people. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
lol.  I bet dollars to donuts you cannot explain that "60% lies" crap. 

60 of the shit they feed you foxbots is lies lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »
60 of the shit they feed you foxbots is lies lol

O Rly?  Which specific hard news programming fabricates sixty percent of the news?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
O Rly?  Which specific hard news programming fabricates sixty percent of the news?

didn' you just post their opinion shows are superior, so you liked being lied to,like i said foxbot

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
didn' you just post their opinion shows are superior, so you liked being lied to,like i said foxbot

Like I said, you cannot explain.  Shocking. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »
Sure he did.  The timing of the release was calculated to draw attention away from the contemporaneous decision not to charge Wilson.  He was trying to appease all those folks who embraced a false narrative.

I think it had the opposite effect of further polarizing people. 

That's just CT speculation.  I think it's probably more likely that they simply concluded the investigations at the same time since they ran in tandem.

________________________ _______

Police officers were judged not only on the number of stops they made, but on the number of citations they issued. "Officers routinely conduct stops that have little relation to public safety and a questionable basis in law," the report states. "Issuing three or four charges in one stop is not uncommon. Officers sometimes write six, eight, or, in at least one instance, fourteen citations for a single encounter." Some officers compete to see who can issue the most citations in a single stop.

In one email, the police chief, who also oversees the municipal court, brags to the city manager about how much revenue it is generating. Ignoring that conflict of interest is a recipe for a justice system that bleeds the powerless of their meager resources.

Ferguson's municipal court judge, Ronald Brockmeyer, who is appointed by the city council, is well aware that his job performance is evaluated partly based on how much revenue he generates from the bench. One 2011 internal report in Ferguson notes that Judge Brockmeyer made a list of  “what he has done to help in the areas of court efficiency and revenue.” The next year, a city council member suggested that he should not be reappointed, arguing that he "does not listen to the testimony, does not review the reports or the criminal history of defendants, and doesn’t let all the pertinent witnesses testify before rendering a verdict.”

If you think those shortcomings disqualified him, think again.

The report continues:

The Council member then addressed the concern that “switching judges would/could lead to loss of revenue,” arguing that even if such a switch did “lead to a slight loss, I think it’s more important that cases are being handled properly and fairly.” The City Manager acknowledged mixed reviews of Judge Brockmeyer’s work but urged that the Judge be reappointed, noting that “...it goes without saying the City cannot afford to lose any efficiency in our Courts, nor experience any decrease in our Fines and Forfeitures.”

________________________ _________

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/03/ferguson-as-a-criminal-conspiracy-against-its-black-residents-michael-brown-department-of-justice-report/386887/

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »

did you say their opinion shows are superior and 60% of what they spew is bullshit and you like it anyway,that makes you a foxbot lol

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »

You gotta be careful, most things you say are well over his head.  Try using small simple words, little punctuation, maybe throw in some smiles or gifs and never ever use logic or reasoning - you WILL completely lose him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

That's just CT speculation.  I think it's probably more likely that they simply concluded the investigations at the same time since they ran in tandem.

________________________ _______

Police officers were judged not only on the number of stops they made, but on the number of citations they issued. "Officers routinely conduct stops that have little relation to public safety and a questionable basis in law," the report states. "Issuing three or four charges in one stop is not uncommon. Officers sometimes write six, eight, or, in at least one instance, fourteen citations for a single encounter." Some officers compete to see who can issue the most citations in a single stop.

In one email, the police chief, who also oversees the municipal court, brags to the city manager about how much revenue it is generating. Ignoring that conflict of interest is a recipe for a justice system that bleeds the powerless of their meager resources.

Ferguson's municipal court judge, Ronald Brockmeyer, who is appointed by the city council, is well aware that his job performance is evaluated partly based on how much revenue he generates from the bench. One 2011 internal report in Ferguson notes that Judge Brockmeyer made a list of  “what he has done to help in the areas of court efficiency and revenue.” The next year, a city council member suggested that he should not be reappointed, arguing that he "does not listen to the testimony, does not review the reports or the criminal history of defendants, and doesn’t let all the pertinent witnesses testify before rendering a verdict.”

If you think those shortcomings disqualified him, think again.

The report continues:

The Council member then addressed the concern that “switching judges would/could lead to loss of revenue,” arguing that even if such a switch did “lead to a slight loss, I think it’s more important that cases are being handled properly and fairly.” The City Manager acknowledged mixed reviews of Judge Brockmeyer’s work but urged that the Judge be reappointed, noting that “...it goes without saying the City cannot afford to lose any efficiency in our Courts, nor experience any decrease in our Fines and Forfeitures.”

________________________ _________

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/03/ferguson-as-a-criminal-conspiracy-against-its-black-residents-michael-brown-department-of-justice-report/386887/

It's not a CT, because the Justice Department wasn't working with some other agency to coordinate the release.  Was all under the same roof.

Yes it's possible that both investigations coincidentally finished simultaneously, but I don't believe that for one second.  It didn't take months for Holder to look at the evidence and see that the physical evidence corroborated Wilson's story. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »

You gotta be careful, most things you say are well over his head.  Try using small simple words, little punctuation, maybe throw in some smiles or gifs and never ever use logic or reasoning - you WILL completely lose him.

i sure he doesn't need his boyfriend to stand up for him,let him answer why he likes to watch opinion shows that lie 60% of the time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »
did you say their opinion shows are superior and 60% of what they spew is bullshit and you like it anyway,that makes you a foxbot lol

I see.  You are refusing to explain how 60 percent of their hard news stories are false.  

You are saying 60 percent of the opinions expressed on opinion shows are false?  By what measure?  Take Megyn Kelly for example.  How exactly did you conclude sixty percent of her opinions are false?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »

:D

I am trying to understand his point, but I doubt I'll get very far. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:42 PM »
Well, the cops' behavior in Ferguson lit the flames and threw gas on it, so whether or not Holder fanned them is irrelevant.

I didn't see the clip, and the it wouldn't surprise me if the author didn't either, but I imagine the first comment was satire.  

It's a post from their twitter feed about a cop shooting. How could that possibly be interpreted as satire?  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »
:D

I am trying to understand his point, but I doubt I'll get very far. 

let me throw in 60% lies then you'll feel right at home :D :D :D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »
ox News promotes the most false information among TV news outlets, according to a fact-checking watchdog – and the problem is only getting worse.

Politifact regularly examines claims made on air by pundits, hosts, or paid contributors and rates those statements by accuracy.

lol

The latest scorecard showed more than 60 percent of the claims made on Fox News were mostly false or worse – and half of all claims were either demonstrably false or outright lies.

Politifact found that 39 percent of the claims made on air during Fox News broadcasts had some basis in fact, with 10 percent that could be proven as true, 11 percent rated as mostly true, and 18 percent that were half true.

However, a nearly equal number – 38 percent – of the claims made on Fox News were demonstrably false, while 26 percent of them were mostly false, and 11 percent were mocked as “pants on fire” falsehoods.

A scorecard from September found that 58 percent of claims made during Fox News broadcasts were mostly false or worse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 07:25:41 PM »
Well, the cops behavior in Ferguson lit the flames and threw gas on it, so whether or not Holder fanned them is irrelevant.

It's a post from their twitter feed about a cop shooting. How could that possibly be interpreted as satire?  ::)

The cops responding to criminals?  You mean those looters and "hands up don't shoot" liars were not responsible?

No, I doubt the tweet was meant to be taken literally.    ::)  But when you are desperate for material and the facts don't support you, I guess you gotta hang your hat on something.