Author Topic: A Tale of Three States: California, Kansas, and Florida  (Read 4458 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: A Tale of Three States: California, Kansas, and Florida
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
I took shots at you, the war mongering chickenhawk who wants war but doesn't want his own child to actually go fight

Yeah?

Great

maybe he can start another war so your kid will have a chance to join the military when he flunks out of the fire academy

you're so hungry for another war so why aren't you having your own kid sign up to go fight

typical chickenhawk

Didn't take shot's at my kid huh?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »
riveting 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
riveting 

Hey, just showing the kind of person we're dealing with.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »
Hey, just showing the kind of person we're dealing with.

hey bro... im not Judging...
I just never agreed with this kind of stuff.. kind of bush league in my opinion

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
hey bro... im not Judging...
I just never agreed with this kind of stuff.. kind of bush league in my opinion

We all take shots at each other, but it's not cool to bring family into it.  Getting like the G&O on political and the G&O sucks which is why I'm rarely there.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
Yeah?

Great

maybe he can start another war so your kid will have a chance to join the military when he flunks out of the fire academy

you're so hungry for another war so why aren't you having your own kid sign up to go fight

typical chickenhawk

Didn't take shot's at my kid huh?

OK, If your kid flunks out

is that better now

Haven't we seen people in your party say much worse things about other peoples kids

The clear point of my statement was that you're all for war but don't want your own kid to go fight it   

Your kids are no better or worse than anyone else's but we all know Obama's kids  are fair game here....right. 

Somehow that's OK because he's not here to defend them.

You're the same guy who hates government employees and unions yet your own kid is on track to be a member of both

I assume you'll be giving him shit for that?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2015, 07:25:28 PM »
OK, If your kid flunks out

is that better now

Haven't we seen people in your party say much worse things about other peoples kids

The clear point of my statement was that you're all for war but don't want your own kid to go fight it   

Your kids are no better or worse than anyone else's but we all know Obama's kids  are fair game here....right. 

Somehow that's OK because he's not here to defend them.

You're the same guy who hates government employees and unions yet your own kid is on track to be a member of both

I assume you'll be giving him shit for that?

Geezus, stfu already. That wasnt even a coherent statement.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2015, 08:11:13 PM »
Geezus, stfu already. That wasnt even a coherent statement.

stop crying like a little bitch and go find one of those unfortunate children you "coach" to explain it to you

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »
It's another boom waiting to bust.  Prices are going down in certain areas and I would expect to see the trend continue and spread.  Already you're seeing people taking their homes off the market because they aren't getting the price they want.

Southern California home sales hit a three-year low for the month of July and the region’s median home price dipped to $413,000, industry tracker CoreLogic DataQuick reported Wednesday.

Hampered by rising prices, a limited inventory and a decrease in investor activity, sales of new and existing homes and condos in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Orange and San Diego counties totaled 20,369 last month.

That was down 1.4 percent from June and down 12.4 percent from the 23,253 homes sold a year earlier.

The region’s median home price dipped 0.5 percent in July to $413,000, although it was up 7.3 percent from the year-ago price of $385,000.

The June 2014 median price of $415,000 for the six-county region was the highest since January 2008 when it also stood at $415,000.

CoreLogic DataQuick analyst Andrew LePage said Southland home prices have gained significant ground.

“Prices came a long way in a couple of years, and now a lot of would-be buyers just can’t stretch their finances enough to buy in today’s more conservative lending environment,” LePage said. “That’s not the only reason price appreciation is easing, but it’s one of the main ones. July was the first month in two years in which all but one of the six Southland counties posted a single-digit year-over-year increase in its median sale price. The more spectacular annual price gains of a year ago — over 20 percent — seem far back in the rear view mirror now.”

Looking ahead, LePage said double-digit price jumps seem unlikely unless there’s a burst of pent-up demand that might be triggered by more robust income growth, a loosening of mortgage credit or a significant move in interest rates.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/business/20140814/southern-california-home-sales-fall-median-price-drops

SAN DIEGO —California home sales were down last month, plunging to the lowest level seen in January in seven years in the San Francisco Bay area, a research firm said Wednesday. But prices are still up over the same period last year.

An estimated 25,325 new and resale houses and condos sold in California - marking a 30.6 percent decline from the number sold the previous month and a 2 percent drop from January 2014 sales, according to data released by Irvine-based CoreLogic DataQuick.

The median price paid for a home in California of $376,000 was 6.5 percent above what it was a year ago but slightly less than it was in December.

Sales often dip around the holidays, though the Bay area saw a bigger decline in sales last month than it usually does.

A total of 4,439 new and resale houses and condos sold last month in the nine-county Bay area - a 40.5 percent drop from sales in December and 5.5 percent from January 2014. That's the lowest seen in January since 3,586 homes sold in that same month in 2008, which is the trough for January home sales in the firm's statistics.

In Southern California, a total of 13,560 new and resale houses and condos sold in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura, San Bernardino and Orange counties. That's down by 29.4 percent from December and 6.3 percent from January 2014.

http://www.kcra.com/news/california-home-prices-still-up-despite-falling-sales/31344848

That won't happen for another dozen years or so.  Home prices are rising here in S.FL but not at the rate they were ten years ago.  Some people are taking the homes off the market for different reasons, but in the most common one of not getting the price they want is a bit deceptive.  Mainly because the "price" they want is from 2005 standards and they have decided to hold onto to the property a bit longer and hopefully ride the little ripple until it turns into a small wave and the profit margin is bigger (or the loss is smaller depending on when they bought it and if the mortgage they hold is underwater.)

Another reason the market is not taking off again much faster is the amount of condos on the market here.  HOAs have gotten very strict in the last few years with issuing more stringent bylaws for their residents.  This is due to the number of home owners that went belly up and walked away from their units leaving a huge debt of unpaid HOA fees.  Usually several years of fees at a time that the other owners had to feel the pinch for.  So they are practically over enforcing certain regulations to the point that it is killing sales.  For instance, it used to be that you only had to hold the condo for one year before renting it.  Now it is becoming the norm that you have to hold it for 3 years and you can only rent it for a minimum six month block of time.  That pretty much eliminates the investors who purchase these units to rent them out for 3-4 months during season to the snowbirds.  You used to be able to allow family members to stay in the unit while you were away for quite a while.  Now most only allow one week per year for family to stay if you are not on the property as well. 

Other areas in S. FL - that are not popular destinations for snowbirds and tourists (Kendall, Tamarac, Weston, Plantation, Davie, etc..) - are still showing decent and steady sales numbers.  So there is still a bit of suppression in the market, but overall the market is coming along nice.  The next bust won't be until the younger generation gets out of their parents house and starts jumping into the market with the stupid exotic loans that caused this in the first place. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2015, 07:01:29 AM »

We all take shots at each other, but it's not cool to bring family into it.  Getting like the G&O on political and the G&O sucks which is why I'm rarely there.

agreed..its kind of trashy

Im thinking im good on these boards. Its hard enough to get into solid debate. But the maturity level has been circling the shitter for a couple of years now.

Ill still post on training board but this shit just put a bad taste in mouth.... Adults...lol  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »

We all take shots at each other, but it's not cool to bring family into it.  Getting like the G&O on political and the G&O sucks which is why I'm rarely there.

Agree.  The Village Idiot doesn't quite get that part. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »
Agree.  The Village Idiot doesn't quite get that part. 

wait...what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »
wait...what?

What are you pretending not to understand this time? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
wait...what?

I think he meant straw man not you

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I think he meant straw man not you

Correct. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
What are you pretending not to understand this time?  

who was posting pictures of someone with their wife...straw did that shit?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »

What pictures??  I'm talking about the Village Idiot attacking Coach's son.  I thought you were agreeing that is inappropriate? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »
What pictures??  I'm talking about the Village Idiot attacking Coach's son.  I thought you were agreeing that is inappropriate? 

yeah thats disgusting. i dont like none of that shit....like, at all....no place here for that.

on another politics thread there was someone posting pictures of someone talking about their wife and what not... i dont think that shit is cool at all

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »

I didn't post any pictures and my massive "attack" was to ask Joe if his son would be joining the military after he flunks out of school

boo hoo !

right wingers on this board have said much worse about other people's children and never a peep of dissent

the point  I was making was that people like Joe love war but don't want their children to go fight it and certainly don't want to pay for it in any other way either

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »
yeah thats disgusting. i dont like none of that shit....like, at all....no place here for that.

on another politics thread there was someone posting pictures of someone talking about their wife and what not... i dont think that shit is cool at all

Which thread?  That is unacceptable. 

I agree there is no place for that or talking about people's kids on the board.  Some of these people really have a twisted world view. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »
Which thread?  That is unacceptable.  

I agree there is no place for that or talking about people's kids on the board.  Some of these people really have a twisted world view.  

LOL, this thread. Starts at the bottom of page 2. It was Archer77 It looks like one of the other mods must have erased the pics.

Cliffs:  Archer made a fool of himself in a debate with me about criminal statistics . He had a complete meltdown and accused me of being Strawman and a few other posters. Apparently, he found pics of one of these other posters with his wife and posted them ( to get revenge on me?)  and tried to get the other members to make fun of them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2015, 01:26:34 PM »
LOL, this thread. Starts at the bottom of page 2. It was Archer77 It looks like one of the other mods must have erased the pics.

Cliffs:  Archer made a fool of himself in a debate with me about criminal statistics . He had a complete meltdown and accused me of being Strawman and a few other posters. Apparently, he found pics of one of these other posters with his wife and posted them ( to get revenge on me?)  and tried to get the other members to make fun of them.

I don't see them.  Archer should know better, unless he was posting pictures the owner posted on the board already?  Even then, it's not cool to be making fun of people's spouses, etc.  I get that people will be talking trash to an extent, and I do it sometimes, too, but you gotta draw lines.  

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »
I don't see them.  Archer should know better, unless he was posting pictures the owner posted on the board already?  Even then, it's not cool to be making fun of people's spouses, etc.  I get that people will be talking trash to an extent, and I do it sometimes, too, but you gotta lines.   

Another mod deleted the pics, but you can see him making fun of the pics in his posts on page 3.

I noticed they were gone last night, but he didn't delete them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »
I should be banned immediately for posting personally info.

I didn't see them, but you are correct that you'll be banned if you post personal info.  You should know better.  Don't get carried away with this stuff.  Leave people's families out of it. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
I didn't see them, but you are correct that you'll be banned if you post personal info.  You should know better.  Don't get carried away with this stuff.  Leave people's families out of it. 

Yeah. It was pretty low. I can understand how it really turned some off.

I'm not just saying this to be a dick, but if you check out the last 10 or so posts from the guy, it's almost like a mental break.  :-\