Author Topic: Three-a-days are too much?  (Read 5489 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Three-a-days are too much?
« on: February 24, 2006, 01:48:57 PM »
I have been slacking off on my dieting for the past 6 weeks, I hvae kicked into high gear.
Cardio at 6:30, eliptical for 40 min
Workout at 1, same routine as always
Cardio at 5:00, same as above
Never done this before.  Started it beginning of this week.  Lost 4 lbs (realize it's mostly water).
Overdoing it?  Been crabby as hell.  Also just started Lipo-6 today.  :-\

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Three-a-days are too much?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »
What is your purpose for this?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »
Cutting up.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »
Do you have a specific time frame or is this just general?  How much cardio have you been doing and how long have you been at that level?  What  is your diet currently like?   How much fat are you looking to lose and by when??    What type of training are you currently doing??   

It is very hard to recommend anything REAL without alot of background info..  BUT that being said unless you are VERY conditioned already ...   You are going to sacrifice some serious muscle tissue on this harsh of a regimen..    Bro, your diet is going to have to be spot on if you want to survive this for more than a couple of short weeks.

XS

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 06:21:59 AM »
GET_BIGGER,

Glad to see that you're starting off here rather than on the steroid info board.

I'm assuming that you are a newbie who is hell bent on "getting bigger" as quickly as possible. Nothing wrong with that, I started training with 11'' arms myself so I know what it's like. Looking back over my seventeen year training career... I reckon I wasted about eleven of those long, hard years making little or no progress... with a little more info I could probably save you a lot of time... maybe even years worth...

Just fill in your training routine and I'll give you some pointers...

For example;

Monday:
-Barbell bench presses
135 lbs x 12, 175 lbs x 10, 200 lbs x 8
-Flat bench dumbbell flyes
20 lb'ers x 12, 25 lb'ers x 10, 30 lb'ers x 8

...etc, etc. (use this format, it's easy to read and compare)

Other details that would help:
weight
bodyfat
number of years training
how much cardio you do (and when)

...and maybe a photo, or some (honest) bodypart measurements: arms, chest, waist, thigh, calf and forearm. The photo, though more embarrassing, is a lot more helpful... a front double bi with the legs visible (wear shorts) exposes the strucutre the best, that's why it decides who makes the cut at overcrowded shows. Just blur out your face using paint, photodraw, photoshop whatever if you're worried about privacy.

-The Luke

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »
Nat bodybuilders shouldnt do that much cardio leave it to the jacked guys who can handle more plus u will loose to much size. stick with 1 cardio session and loose weight slowly. once u get to where u want to be dont bulk up to much so u will have less to loose. It takes time to adjust to being strong and light but it is doable! i'm stronger now at 205 than i was at 235(and fat)

hope this helps

Bast175

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:54:13 PM »

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 07:16:32 AM »
Nat bodybuilders shouldnt do that much cardio leave it to the jacked guys who can handle more plus u will loose to much size. stick with 1 cardio session and loose weight slowly. once u get to where u want to be dont bulk up to much so u will have less to loose. It takes time to adjust to being strong and light but it is doable! i'm stronger now at 205 than i was at 235(and fat)
hope this helps
Yeah, I bulked up too much over the winter.  I do it every winter but only try and gain around 10%, which would put me at about 16% bodyfat.  This winter I was up to around 20%  :o  Got a little carried away.
I am big enough in which if I lose size I will be fine, so thats why I am just thinking f**k it, since I've slacked off for the past 4 or so weeks dieting, I need to hit into high gear for Springtime so time is of the essence. 

I am 28, training for 12 years.  Easygainer, 5'10", was 232 three weeks ago, now I'm at 222 as of this morning.  Probably need to get to 200-205.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

hope this helps

Yep. If you're a young guy with a skinny build don't do any cardio or running. Lift heavy and eat big hoo-rah!
"Shut the F up and train"