Author Topic: small waist...really?  (Read 11301 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: small waist...really?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:19 AM »
Great thread.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:49 AM »
Great thread.
I think so too Karen.. ;D  Iīm a biff with PCs.. scanned 5 sides in a pdf but donīt know how to send it...oh dear never mind.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 05:16:14 AM »
I think so too Karen.. ;D  Iīm a biff with PCs.. scanned 5 sides in a pdf but donīt know how to send it...oh dear never mind.
Good info and I enjoy the debate on the vacumn pose.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:01 AM »
Vince Gironda said that the guy with the best set of abs, that he had ever seen, was Leo Robert, 1955 Mr. Universe. Leo Robert's abs were symmetrical, and deeply cut, both vertically, and horizontally.

http://www.davidgentle.com/ironindex/robert.htm

One key to his ab training, not mentioned in the article, is that Leo Robert used a homemade "Moon" bench, for sit ups and leg lifts, and used Iron Boots for the leg lifts.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:46 PM »
One other important ab exercise, after you've cut the fat off your body, is lower body twists. It's has been mentioned, about upper body twists, with a broom stick across your shoulders. The best body twist, is a lower body, side to side twist. Stand on a swivel plate, and hold you upper body stationary. I use my power tower captain chair. I stand on the swivel plate, and keep my upper body stationary holding the hand grips there, while I twist my lower body, to the the left and right, using the swivel plate. One of the most excellent, and most productive abs exercises.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »
I remember some years ago doing lots of oblique training not just side bends but seated broomstick twists with a broom handle doing 3x 200 reps. This was with double crunches and hanging knee raises. I think at the time it did give a toning effect to my lower back and waist but not like this guy claims. Training the Rectus Abdominis will shorten your torso, wtf is he talking about? shorten your abs sure in the crunch but i donīt see his point. If you do hanging abs your full midsection is worked.

This may come as surprise to you, but the internet happens to be full of the self proclaimed gurus, who think they have all the wisdom of the world, but who really are just stupid fucks who should be in some mental institute as a patient..  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
This may come as surprise to you, but the internet happens to be full of the self proclaimed gurus, who think they have all the wisdom of the world, but who really are just stupid fucks who should be in some mental institute as a patient..  ;D
yes you are right..lol  but i am a big fan of this guy. He is fully correct.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

Fully correct in that he knows that the Rectus Abdominis and the Traverse Abdominis are two different muscles, but he's only half correct about how the Traverse Abdominis operates. Every trainer, that is aware of the TA, does the suck in the gut exercises, but the TA also sticks out the gut too. You need to exercise all muscles throughout their full range of motion, in order to get proper muscle development and strength. Lie on your back, place a small, 5# or 10# plate on your stomach, and press it up, to hit the TA hard. You can wrap the plate in a towel, so that it doesn't slide around too easily. Lots of reps, increase weight slightly, as the reps get easy. Repeat, over time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 10:51:35 AM »
Fully correct in that he knows that the Rectus Abdominis and the Traverse Abdominis are two different muscles, but he's only half correct about how the Traverse Abdominis operates. Every trainer, that is aware of the TA, does the suck in the gut exercises, but the TA also sticks out the gut too. You need to exercise all muscles throughout their full range of motion, in order to get proper muscle development and strength. Lie on your back, place a small, 5# or 10# plate on your stomach, and press it up, to hit the TA hard. You can wrap the plate in a towel, so that it doesn't slide around too easily. Lots of reps, increase weight slightly, as the reps get easy. Repeat, over time.
sorry but he is correct. To fully work your Multi muscle rectus Abdominis ALL the muscles are engaged...he is 100% correct

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »
you quote Vince Gironda often.. well here is one from his book "The wild Physique" page 58, bent knee leg raise. " lie flat on a table or on the floor. place your palms flat down next to your hips. raise your bent knees towards your chest and lift your head forward at the same time. your hips should raise of the floor during the movement. exhale as you compress your body..inhale as you return to extended position. if you breathe in as you compress your body .. you could stretch the ab muscles and develop a drum belly.  The traverse is paramount in any ab exercise.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »
A great no nonsense ab workout which i bought some years back was from this ex Seal...works great. The original video was called "Ab Blast"..  Sadly i think he was killed in Irak. I remember posting this about 2 years ago but his video is good.

Killed would be an understatement.  He was shot up by small arms and grenades, dismembered, set on fire and hung on a bridge...
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 01:11:51 PM »

Killed would be an understatement.  He was shot up by small arms and grenades, dismembered, set on fire and hung on a bridge...
I read the story but did not want to write it here.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »
one hell of a guy, has my respect  :)

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 12:57:39 AM »

Correct?

1. Crunches doesn't shorten your body, or widen your waist. Sit ups do that, because most of the work is done by iliopsoas muscle.

2. Strengthening those obliques doesn't shrink your waistline, it only make it stronger, and if you are on gear they grow wider.

So how he is  right? He is just an bullshit artist, who is selling you some crap he has "invented". He wasn't any good at it, because his web site is on sale..  ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 01:20:12 AM »
Are you talking about weighted crunches??

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »
Are you talking about weighted crunches??

No, No. You're lying on the floor. You put weight on your stomach, and using your TA, you lift that weight straight up. Basically, sticking out your gut. The exercise is counter intuitive, but it does work. The TA not only pulls the stomach in, it also pushes the stomach out. You need to exercise every muscle, in its complete ROM, for best muscle development.