Author Topic: My kid last night hitting 480lbs  (Read 28301 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: My kid last night hitting 480lbs
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
Now this is impressive!!

X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »
this chinese kid is supposedly 17

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2015, 07:12:25 PM »
Now this is impressive!!

Bodybuilder, weightlifter, bodybuilder. We follow a powerlifting template. You know this as it was explained when you trained there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
Within the context of Coach (familiar with the board, age of son, expertise in field, etc) it's not a problem.  If it was somebody else with a younger child, that's different.

As for motivation, I think it's just a proud parent showing something others might be interested in.  And those who understand it, were.   Those who are gimmicks, ignorant of training for athletics, or who  kept making lame jokes and getting ignored, obviously were not interested.

Strawman just likes to argue. He falls into the category of ignorance of training.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2015, 07:19:03 PM »
Basically what I think is being portrayed in this thread is most don't have the same respect for box squats as they do regular squats, which is understandable. None of the top raw lifters these days think much of box squats either it would seem. They just aren't as impressive. There are better variations of the squat and better ways to train the posterior chain in my opinion, just not a fan of the movement in general.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:17 PM »
Bodybuilder, weightlifter, bodybuilder. We follow a powerlifting template. You know this as it was explained when you trained there.

I never said you didn't follow a powerlifting template. I clearly stated that I thought those pictures were impressive. Nothing more. Nothing less. They are impressive in my opinion. If you're going to get defensive, that's your business.
X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
Strawman just likes to argue. He falls into the category of ignorance of training.

I never said a word about your kid or his squat...did I?

Coach can't even master the task of embedding a youtube video so I'm sure actually creating one is well  beyond his capability.

Joe - why did you post this video.  Are you really so desperate for attention that you'll expose your own kid to ridicule?

Hey Joe, the father of your son is a certified moron

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »
Gotcha

what do you think of a parent posting a video of his kid on a board known for dishing out shit and inviting people to "flame on"

what is the motivation there on the part of the parent?

He knows it ain't a squat.  He doesn't even have the brass to say it in the title.  Not "squatting 480" just "hitting 480."  And as for one person claiming to have seen it, LOL.  BSBB.  Box Squat Butt Boy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
He knows it ain't a squat.  He doesn't even have the brass to say it in the title.  Not "squatting 480" just "hitting 480."  And as for one person claiming to have seen it, LOL.  BSBB.  Box Squat Butt Boy.

Hey brother, if you really want to know the truth the majority of "gym rats" and especially the person walking off the street can't squat even though they think they can. Anterior pelvic tilt, can't dorsi-flex, valgus, valgum, extended neck, eyes down (your body follows where your eyes point), instability, tight hips, can't externally rotate shoulders, can't keep a neutral spine, weight too Far forward, too far back. Bottom line, if you can't do a proper OH squat you shouldn't squat until the problem is fixed.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
Hey brother, if you really want to know the truth the majority of "gym rats" and especially the person walking off the street can't squat even though they think they can. Anterior pelvic tilt, can't dorsi-flex, valgus, valgum, extended neck, eyes down (your body follows where your eyes point), instability, tight hips, can't externally rotate shoulders, can't keep a neutral spine, weight too Far forward, too far back. Bottom line, if you can't do a proper OH squat you shouldn't squat until the problem is fixed.
and also an internal rotation defecit
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2015, 08:30:18 PM »
where is he playing college football

E
E

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »

Pure deflection.  Post a screen shot or two showing him actually squatting 480 not holding some bar in a rack.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:05 PM »
Pure deflection.  Post a screen shot or two showing him actually squatting 480 not holding some bar in a rack.

I don't know where youre located but I have $500 that says you couldn't keep up even with my HS freshman weight wise let alone a HS senior intensity for the entire training session. Anytime you're in HB and you feel like putting your money where your big mouth is, my boys are ready. That goes for my 52 year old ass as well. We can video it, we can take pictures and feel free to post where ever you want. How bout it? We can even free squat of you want.

Texas Ranger

• Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:33 PM »
Do you guys do plyos? If so, which ones?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2015, 03:39:35 AM »
Do you guys do plyos? If so, which ones?

Box jumps, depth jump, depth jump into box jump, plyo hops, hurdle hops, standing broad jumps, reactive box jumps, seated box jumps, etc

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2015, 04:19:41 AM »

You may be onto something,  that could be a subconscious thing.  I wouldn't call a box squat a squat either. Not trying to troll coach. Very impressive for 182 at 17.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »
You may be onto something,  that could be a subconscious thing.  I wouldn't call a box squat a squat either. Not trying to troll coach. Very impressive for 182 at 17.

Post a picture, so far he is holding a bar.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »
Post a picture, so far he is holding a bar.

Picture of what? Does he look like he's faking it? Lol

Like I said. You're invited anytime. Not being a dick here.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »
Now this is impressive!!

why are the bars bending with such light weight?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
Picture of what? Does he look like he's faking it? Lol

Like I said. You're invited anytime. Not being a dick here.

Post a picture of him actually squatting with 480 not just a side view of his holding a bar.  A couple of stills or screenshots from the video will be enough for me to admit I was a dumb ass.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
Is this the son that hit .260 in high school baseball and you claimed this earned him all-American honors? Oh brother

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
Is this the son that hit .260 in high school baseball and you claimed this earned him all-American honors? Oh brother

It's always cute when the gimmicks come out and hide.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2015, 09:29:33 PM »
Post a picture of him actually squatting with 480 not just a side view of his holding a bar.  A couple of stills or screenshots from the video will be enough for me to admit I was a dumb ass.

Best I could do...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:08 PM »
I see he uses the same barber as you.  :-X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit