Author Topic: Dennis James  (Read 12581 times)

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Dennis James
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
Saw him in person abt 10 years ago when he came guestposing in my country.
Most huge and muscular human i have seen in person.
Asked him to sign a poster for me writing my name but he only wrote "best regards"

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:41 AM »
Juicing at 49 years of age is not the wisest judgement a grown man can make...I'd rather be that twink 70 year old walking his dog on the beach taking in the sunset and the sea breeze than be long dead or worse...plugged into a heavy ass dialysis machine or getting by on 20% heart function like Matarazzos last few years....that's not a life.
S

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
The big question is why? I mean, great for him if he his proud of his accomplishments but what did he do really? Did that really help anyone get better or be happier? I know we shouldn't judge, he probably had goals concerning his physique and he met them (more than most people can say about themselves) but on the grand scheme of things, bodybuilding is a pretty ridiculous hobby... It helps no one, people sacrifice their health to "look" healthy, it's self destructive, I really just don't get it....

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
Juicing at 49 years of age is not the wisest judgement a grown man can make...I'd rather be that twink 70 year old walking his dog on the beach taking in the sunset and the sea breeze than be long dead or worse...plugged into a heavy ass dialysis machine or getting by on 20% heart function like Matarazzos last few years....that's not a life.

Robby Robinson almost 70, still alive, juicing and looking good
Serge Nubret passed on at 72 from natural causes but still juiced, looked great and lived healthily until his demise.
i know at least three 60-something y/o's former competitors or powerlifters who are all stay on test,gh and routinely blast around a gram of test. all still healthy and still built like tanks.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »
Serge Nubret passed on at 72 from natural causes but still juiced, looked great and lived healthily until his demise.

Let's see how phil, ronnie, and the rest of the modern guys hold up

A lot of the 90's guys are already having health problems

Nasser, flex, matarazzo, Francois, etc

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
I loved serge but he most likely died from a bad slin shot

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »
TAKE AWAY STEROIDS FOR 1 YEAR AND THIS CLOWN OF DENNIS JAMES WILL BE A 160 POUNDS SKINNY FAT !!!

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »

Death is becoming a big health problem.

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 04:02:36 PM »
So funny that there are so many steroid haters on this here bodybuilding forum.
Hrmmm

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 05:19:57 PM »
Same old argument as "I know an 80yr old who smokes two packs a day" I said this three Times before...I know a homeless heroine addict who's been at it for decades...still alive and kicking, this is no proof that heroine is healthy and doesn't kill.

S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:47 PM »

We witnessed before our eyes people take them and die here as they posted.

I take steroids btw....although off right now and trying to leave it behind me, not sure I'll succeed lol
S

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »
Same old argument as "I know an 80yr old who smokes two packs a day" I said this three Times before...I know a homeless heroine addict who's been at it for decades...still alive and kicking, this is no proof that heroine is healthy and doesn't kill.

Very true which is why blood work is inevitable or wait until one day some serious shit happens to you...
?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
i know at least three 60-something y/o's former competitors or powerlifters who are all stay on test,gh and routinely blast around a gram of test. all still healthy and still built like tanks.

I can add an owner of a first gym I went. 52 currently, juicing moderately, looks about 15 years younger. Actually he looks so good it just doesn't make sense, people are "Wtf, how in hell.. over 50?? No way man, noway..". Healthy as a horse too.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
I loved serge but he most likely died from a bad slin shot

Yeah, I have this suspicion too. Dude was in amazing physical condition just before he died. Probably just mistimed it and went hypo (as he went right into coma when that "health accident" happened).

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
Death is becoming a big health problem.

Yeah...But...but...but it runs in their families so it's a congenital death.  No way to avoid it. Nope.  None. Not at all.  Drugs have nothing to do with congenital death.  It runs in the family. Unavoidable.

;D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »
He willbe huge and die at 55.  If he never abused drugs maybe he would live to 85.

IS being huge worth 30 years of life???

Some people yes. Me no. Big believer in 2 cycles max a year...
you are gay.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
Greatest Tank Top Mr O of ALL TIME , Period

hope this gets chiseled in his headstone...

50 years from now

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 01:35:29 AM »
i wonder why he hasnt completely deflated and done the palumbo. he still got his forearms, still got his triceps, midsection still looks great and skin looks healthy. compare that to other retired pros at that age like coleman or even some guys still in the game like branch warren lol
their bodies completely dismantle themselves

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 01:40:44 AM »

::)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 03:05:30 AM »
lol

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 04:36:54 AM »

think people tend to point the finger at AAS and ignore the mega peptide and diuretic use over the years.

Phil will be fine, he competes once a year and has done for some time. his contest history is a short one relatively speaking. he shrinks down when not competing unless a guest posing appearance which is rare for him.
goes hard and heavy on the gear only growing into the main show.

Ronnie and the others have a huge contest history, before he was winning olympia's he was competing in numerous shows a year and did so until he cemented his place as the best.

point was AAS and living healthy, its been done by countless people and competitors.
peptide, diuretic and other factors come into play more when it comes to health issues than AAS (unless they're abusing harsh orals and compounds like halo and tren year round for numbers of years which they'd be stupid to do).

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 04:41:03 AM »

might wanna find the distinction between the effects of AAS use and insulin/diuretics use.
see which ones used long term would cause more damage. not any literature available for obvious reasons but you can look at it anecdotally.
also some compounds harsher than others.
i seriously doubt DJ is using halo, tren and sd!
gh, test and maybe another anabolic - primo or eq
dose high enough to maintain his size but very likely checks blood work regularly - i fail to see a problem with what he's doing?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 05:04:42 AM »
Guys on steroids train WAY harder then any natural. Juicers are not lazy actually being on juice mentally makes you want to work harder in the gym
I look at Jay Cutler, Phil Heath and others train, and training "harder" doesn't come to mind. Even Flex trained harder than those guys.
And Ronnie, well...he is an anomaly.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 05:06:38 AM »
I look at Jay Cutler, Phil Heath and others train, and training "harder" doesn't come to mind. Even Flex trained harder than those guys.
And Ronnie, well...he is an anomaly.
coleman was a machine, trained hard, followed a strict diet, no jokes, his dedication was insane

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 06:28:52 AM »
might wanna find the distinction between the effects of AAS use and insulin/diuretics use.
see which ones used long term would cause more damage. not any literature available for obvious reasons but you can look at it anecdotally.
also some compounds harsher than others.
i seriously doubt DJ is using halo, tren and sd!
gh, test and maybe another anabolic - primo or eq
dose high enough to maintain his size but very likely checks blood work regularly - i fail to see a problem with what he's doing?

Don't forget painkillers and narcotics.