Author Topic: $15 min wage forcing businesses to close  (Read 7694 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: $15 min wage forcing businesses to close
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »
There are things that can't be fair because you end up always selling somebody short. Whats not fair is that guys like your dad no longer exist in our economy to a large extent. Yet we have a great need for some of them. There are millions of lawyers doing god knows what but Id rather have my kid become a master plumber or electrician. Jobs like walmart should not be the end of the line for these people but the beginning.

Good point. However, there is a limited need for plumbers and electricians.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: $15 min wage forcing businesses to close
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »
I'll tell you what. The next time you decide to pay for a meal that's double or triple what it should be, don't bitch about. You want a McDonalds worker to make $15hr but the soldier out risking his life on a daily basis makes about $11. $15 isn't a living wage anywhere but you think it is. Talk about holding society hostage.

no I don't want a Mc Donalds worker making $15 per hour....they are not worth that much....maybe $10 max.....I'm just saying that the minimum wage has not gone up that much since i was 18 and making $3.15 an hour....you constantly rail about the gov't giving out food stamps.....underpaying people is one of the reasons why this is happening