Author Topic: Out perform your chest training...  (Read 2479 times)

ergo

• Getbig II
  • SteamRolling
Out perform your chest training...
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:31:05 PM »
To finish your chest workout I want you to try this as a replacement for your beloved fly.  All chest press machines that are on the market allow for several hand placement choices. Choose the vertical grip of the L shaped handle. Your palms will be facing. Choose a weight that will be heavy enough for you to reach total failure in the 8-12 repetition range. Keep your elbows elevated to take as much as the triceps muscle out of the movement, and to allow for as much stretch as comfortably possible. Now in your mind envision yourself performing a fly and begin. When you are doing your repetitions focus on not only pushing the weight up, but also trying to push your hands together as you easily do with dumbbells. You will feel a new type of contraction from just this minimal mind technique. If your chest press machine is converging, many are, than you will actually be doing this, as the machine arms will track in the direction of moving together (converging) the further you extend your arms. You will be surprised that the movement will, as you concentrate on the belief that I am now performing a fly, be captured as closely mimicking a fly. This finishing compound movement, with maximum controlled effort, will out perform any advantage that a fly would give you. Only one set is necessary.

ergo

• Getbig II
  • SteamRolling
Re: Out perform your chest training...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
YouTube search ryan ergo and you can see me performing this and many other exercises as I have 475 video's of real training...

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
I always use this machine after I do my heavy sets of dumbbell presses and incline. Gives me a crazy pump but I've never tried it at the end of my workout I usually do flies with dips or incline push ups

ergo

• Getbig II
  • SteamRolling
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »
I always use this machine after I do my heavy sets of dumbbell presses and incline. Gives me a crazy pump but I've never tried it at the end of my workout I usually do flies with dips or incline push ups

I do very little if any isolation work for chest. At most 1 set of machine flies for stretch and pump at the conclusion and this is not often I did chest today. Just finished as a matter of fact. No isolation this time....