Author Topic: Keto or Low carb makes face look old?  (Read 10326 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Keto or Low carb makes face look old?
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
Someone mentioned this the other day.  I think it may be right.  Is it just from the loss of fat and bone structure coming out?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Keto or Low carb makes face look old?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 04:56:30 PM »
Someone mentioned this the other day.  I think it may be right.  Is it just from the loss of fat and bone structure coming out?

No truth to it at all. In fact the reverse is true. Carbs destroy your looks. Works worse on women, but they're stupid, so.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »
No truth to it at all. In fact the reverse is true. Carbs destroy your looks. Works worse on women, but they're stupid, so.
Not fair to generalise.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

X2.

Of course when you get lean your face will look leaner too. Most look better with a lean face but some don't. In my experience with keto my face complexion improves a lot eating mostly meats and lots of veggies.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
My face changes dramatically when I cut. I've been told I look better with a lean face, which is a shame because I'm a fatty at heart  ;D
I use keto to cut with a carbup every week or every other week (depending on how lean I am, the leaner I get the more carbup days I get).
I find younger guys will look better with a lean face, when my dad lost a ton of weight at 48yo his face looked leaner but he definitely started looking older.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
Most guys face looks better at 10-12% bf
l

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 07:36:27 PM »
When I competed and managed to get very lean people added 5 years to my age. It's a matter of finding a good balance between body and face. I am leaning out currently and my goal is to be 5 kilos heavier than my leanest comp weight.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
It's not the Keto or low carbs. It's the leaness that fucks them up. Missing periods and hornones get all out of wake. There never meant to get that lean

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
It's not the Keto or low carbs. It's the leaness that fucks them up. Missing periods and hornones get all out of wake. There never meant to get that lean
I only missed one period when I got down to 49 kilos. I had zero sex drive.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »
Most guys face looks better at 10-12% bf

Probably because the jawline becomes more pronounced and they get a "manlier" look

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
I only missed one period when I got down to 49 kilos. I had zero sex drive.

Lol my wife sex drive sure didn't go anywhere lol which sucked because with my estrogen levels Rock bottom mine did

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 08:11:13 PM »
Lol my wife sex drive sure didn't go anywhere lol which sucked because with my estrogen levels Rock bottom mine did
I was a maniac when I put on some bodyfat. My sex drive was too high. I always thought it was just the dieting and all the training and focusing on a comp which lowered the sex drive. But now I know it was hormone related.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

apparently carbs are the essential nutrient

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=569241.msg7993869#msg7993869

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »

apparently carbs are the essential nutrient

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=569241.msg7993869#msg7993869

There are essential fatty acids, fats, and essential amino acids, proteins, but there are no essential carbohydrates, none. That's the pure science of nutrition.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 09:28:44 PM »
I find younger guys will look better with a lean face, when my dad lost a ton of weight at 48yo his face looked leaner but he definitely started looking older.

I guess this outs me as an old fuck.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »
my exroomate was on the ketosis diet non stop.. she had wrinkles all over her forehead and shes same age as me 34
real men= no rubbers

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »

Vince is all high carbs : fat-ugly-bold & 75yo  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »

Women have a layer of fat under the skin (baby fat, if you will) that most men don't. As they age, they lose this softening layer which is why women are more prone to wrinkling then men are. This has nothing to do with how many carbs they ingest. In fact there is a point at which for a woman being chubby might make them actually look less wrinkled.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 11:12:54 PM »
Women have a layer of fat under the skin (baby fat, if you will) that most men don't. As they age, they lose this softening layer which is why women are more prone to wrinkling then men are. This has nothing to do with how many carbs they ingest. In fact there is a point at which for a woman being chubby might make them actually look less wrinkled.

So you like fat women who eat carbs, that make them fat, and not as wrinkly. OK, but if they didn't eat carbs, then they wouldn't be fat, nor wrinkly, regardless of what you believe.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
As a person ages it's best to stay lean to avoid the turkey neck. That thought is frightening.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
So you like fat women who eat carbs, that make them fat, and not as wrinkly. OK, but if they didn't eat carbs, then they wouldn't be fat, nor wrinkly, regardless of what you believe.
he's talking about balance not necessarily obesity.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 11:22:22 PM »
he's talking about balance not necessarily obesity.

Most fat women will tell you they aren't fat, but balanced. I guess the only mirrors in their house, used to be in a Fun House at the Carnival.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »
Most fat women will tell you they aren't fat, but balanced. I guess the only mirrors in their house, used to be in a Fun House at the Carnival.
Most women think they are fat, when they aren't. We are always harder on ourselves.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 01:10:22 AM »

I'd venture a guess that I have more experience with women and aging then you do.

You read something into my earlier post that was not there. I never said I like fat women. Fact is, I think athletic looking women are very sexy.

It seems as if many more women today are carrying around extra fat, but then so are a lot of men.

This is what I think looks hot in a woman.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
I'd venture a guess that I have more experience with women and aging then you do.

You read something into my earlier post that was not there. I never said I like fat women. Fact is, I think athletic looking women are very sexy.

It seems as if many more women today are carrying around extra fat, but then so are a lot of men.

This is what I think looks hot in a woman.

She is wearing the new Chanel  coco rouge lipstick I bet.