Author Topic: cops shoot mentally ill man  (Read 10210 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
cops shoot mentally ill man
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:54 AM »
never gave this mentally ill man much of a chance.  :-\ did he want to attack the cops ?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f4_1426548792

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: cops shoot mentally ill man
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
never gave this mentally ill man much of a chance.  :-\ did he want to attack the cops ?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f4_1426548792

Not sure what you mean? He had every opportunity to drop it. He had a choice not to lunge at the officer with it... seems he had an excellent chance. Do you want the officer to wait until he is stabbed before reacting? This kind of public reaction is why Citizen Review Panels are a bad idea

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:16:45 AM »
Not sure what you mean? He had every opportunity to drop it. He had a choice not to lunge at the officer with it... seems he had an excellent chance. Do you want the officer to wait until he is stabbed before reacting? This kind of public reaction is why Citizen Review Panels are a bad idea
I was waiting for your reply.. ;D Thing is did they know he was mentally ill ? Maybe he did not understand the gravity of the situation. Granted a screwdriver is a weapon too but they just blasted him as soon as he moved. It makes me wonder because the German cops here are armed and definitely are not so gun ho like your cops. why not wound him ?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »
I was waiting for your reply.. ;D Thing is did they know he was mentally ill ? Maybe he did not understand the gravity of the situation. Granted a screwdriver is a weapon too but they just blasted him as soon as he moved. It makes me wonder because the German cops here are armed and definitely are not so gun ho like your cops. why not wound him ?

These are the same questions asked over and over again in many deadly force situations. "Why not wound him?" this underscores a huge lack of understanding of exactly what is a deadly force situation, knowledge of what damage a human can do when wounded, and reaction time. It would be impossible for me to enlighten someone as to those things via postings. I can't help it if someone with a screw driver, knife, rock, gun, hammer doesn't grasp the gravity of the situation. If they make a move to potentially kill or seriously hurt me, it's irrelevant. We can discuss the what if's and how sad it is after the fact, but at that moment, the results of the attack are the same whether they have a 50 IQ or a 150 IQ.

Tragic? Certainly.. but let's not start blaming the cops when someone lunges at them with a deadly weapon.. I can think of a few people to blame before we get to that point. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »
These are the same questions asked over and over again in many deadly force situations. "Why not wound him?" this underscores a huge lack of understanding of exactly what is a deadly force situation, knowledge of what damage a human can do when wounded, and reaction time. It would be impossible for me to enlighten someone as to those things via postings. I can't help it if someone with a screw driver, knife, rock, gun, hammer doesn't grasp the gravity of the situation. If they make a move to potentially kill or seriously hurt me, it's irrelevant. We can discuss the what if's and how sad it is after the fact, but at that moment, the results of the attack are the same whether they have a 50 IQ or a 150 IQ.

Tragic? Certainly.. but let's not start blaming the cops when someone lunges at them with a deadly weapon.. I can think of a few people to blame before we get to that point. 
like who can you blame? I understand what you are saying but why do the cops here have much less fatal shootings in situations? ok you see it from a cops point of view and will always argue to that effect. Donīt take it so personal because you tend to.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »
like who can you blame? I understand what you are saying but why do the cops here have much less fatal shootings in situations? ok you see it from a cops point of view and will always argue to that effect. Donīt take it so personal because you tend to.

Yeah, I'm a little touchy recently with all the cop haters coming out of the woodwork. Not saying you are, but the scrutiny is getting ridiculous. Even obviously clean shootings, as tragic as almost any deadly force situation is for both sides, are being immediatly questioned with the guilt leaning towards the cops. Getting a little old

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little touchy recently with all the cop haters coming out of the woodwork. Not saying you are, but the scrutiny is getting ridiculous. Even obviously clean shootings, as tragic as almost any deadly force situation is for both sides, are being immediatly questioned with the guilt leaning towards the cops. Getting a little old
itīs cool and as i wrote to you in a pm i am not a cop hater.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
Good riddance. A worthless POS gone from the welfare rolls. Why do you care about shit people dying? It's a plus for humanity.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 02:06:33 AM »
Good riddance. A worthless POS gone from the welfare rolls. Why do you care about shit people dying? It's a plus for humanity.
stupid little troll ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
itīs cool and as i wrote to you in a pm i am not a cop hater.

Just saw it and responded.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »
Just saw it and responded.
Gun ho Cop who panicked. even after it he reacted like he knew he fired too soon. bad Cop, Bad training

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »
Gun ho Cop who panicked. even after it he reacted like he knew he fired too soon. bad Cop, Bad training

Interesting. How did you conclude he knew he fired to soon? He says "We had to, he was in the doorway, he came at us, we had to"

Again, I have to disagree with your assessment based on the video. It appears to be a justified shooting. He didn't shoot until the guy started coming at him. how is that "too soon"? Are you trolling or are you serious?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »
Interesting. How did you conclude he knew he fired to soon? He says "We had to, he was in the doorway, he came at us, we had to"

Again, I have to disagree with your assessment based on the video. It appears to be a justified shooting. He didn't shoot until the guy started coming at him. how is that "too soon"? Are you trolling or are you serious?
Listen i was a Professional . you clearly are not.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
Listen i was a Professional . you clearly are not.

quick question.. when did this become antagonistic and why? Just curious, as I believe two adults should be able to discuss opposing views ...adult like. Would you agree?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »

Ok. How do police in other countries that they are not armed manage
To deal with these type of situations without killing people.

It clearly works in them countries without the huge number of police
Related deaths as in the usa.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 03:58:27 PM »

I don't know, you tell me how they deal with a man with a screw driver lunging at them.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »
I don't know, you tell me how they deal with a man with a screw driver lunging at them.

Well clearly they don't kill him.
Are you cops so poorly trained that your gun is your only saviour.

I many others have worked very dangerous jobs unarmed dealing
With nutters / weirdo's etc & we don't end up Killing them.

Please, reading some of your other posts tonight I was starting to
Think you were thinking & seeing things a little more clearly
Without your Police issue Rose tinted glasses.

I believe you can do it, just have faith.. :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »

Totally correct and armed police in Germany/Holland do not react like this.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »

Well clearly they don't kill him.
Are you cops so poorly trained that your gun is your only saviour.

I many others have worked very dangerous jobs unarmed dealing
With nutters / weirdo's etc & we don't end up Killing them.

Please, reading some of your other posts tonight I was starting to
Think you were thinking & seeing things a little more clearly
Without your Police issue Rose tinted glasses.

I believe you can do it, just have faith.. :)

I appreciate your faith. the reality is I can't answer such a general question. There are likely many facets to it. For example.. there are many many times people are sucessfully arrested here who were armed without using deadly force. There are also cases were officers were killed trying to deal with an armed person. I suspect some officers in those wonderful countries were also killed. Perhaps the culture is different and people aren't as prone to violent behavior. I'd really have to look at it case by case to attempt to conclude it is 1. true, and 2. due to better training.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
I appreciate your faith. the reality is I can't answer such a general question. There are likely many facets to it. For example.. there are many many times people are sucessfully arrested here who were armed without using deadly force. There are also cases were officers were killed trying to deal with an armed person. I suspect some officers in those wonderful countries were also killed. Perhaps the culture is different and people aren't as prone to violent behavior. I'd really have to look at it case by case to attempt to conclude it is 1. true, and 2. due to better training.   
you, yourself admitted you took drugs, took drugs of people you bust. Listen i am not shooting morals at you my friend but in my opinion and from my experience in things which are above a cop like you. You are not in any position to shout about morals.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »

How would you & other cops cope without your guns.
There is life in many other countries that police & public
Are not armed (well 99.9%).

Are you really saying it's so very difficult to believe
That we can & do work in dangerous volatile environments
Without Guns.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »

How would you & other cops cope without your guns.
There is life in many other countries that police & public
Are not armed (well 99.9%).

Are you really saying it's so very difficult to believe
That we can & do work in dangerous volatile environments
Without Guns.

wow...

Ok. If tomorrow cops in the USA were banned from carrying guns, I would guess every cop in any city over 10,000 would quit by noon. there would be some in the smaller cities that would probably try  and stay on, thinking they might be able to handle their small town without them but I doubt it. And then, when the first cop gets killed responding to a disturbance, the rest of the force would leave, those that didn't would carry concealed guns. We tend to live in reality, and the reality is, there are bad people here. Thugs care little about the average citizens life and only hesitate shooting cops because of the chance they will get shot in return. I can't speak for the other countries, never lived there, never policed there. But here, there are bad people who carry weapons. Doing this job without a gun would be suicide. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
Druggies like you should not have a Badge let alone a Gun.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »
Druggies like you should not have a Badge let alone a Gun.

okay, one more time.. you have me confused with the ex prison guard.. I never took drugs, nor took them from people and smoked them. That is another dude on here.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
wow...

Ok. If tomorrow cops in the USA were banned from carrying guns, I would guess every cop in any city over 10,000 would quit by noon. there would be some in the smaller cities that would probably try  and stay on, thinking they might be able to handle their small town without them but I doubt it. And then, when the first cop gets killed responding to a disturbance, the rest of the force would leave, those that didn't would carry concealed guns. We tend to live in reality, and the reality is, there are bad people here. Thugs care little about the average citizens life and only hesitate shooting cops because of the chance they will get shot in return. I can't speak for the other countries, never lived there, never policed there. But here, there are bad people who carry weapons. Doing this job without a gun would be suicide. 

Clearly if only the cops were unarmed in America as it is
With guns being freely & legally available to all public & scum bags
It would be totally stupid & suicidal for cops.

Yet also the Reality is there are just as many violent & aggressive people in
Many other countries some with guns most with a weapon of some sort
& they have to be dealt with.
Yes sometimes they are shot dead, generally as a last resort.
Not A First Resort.

It appears the problem is cops & American society are stuck to
The bosom of the gun & cannot be weaned off.

You are playing dumb, clearly your are intelligent enough to know
Police & people in other dangerous jobs deal every day with situations
Almost identical to those that cops deal with in America without
Guns & shooting being the 1st option.

That is also Reality.
For many of us.

There is More than just your type of Reality.