Author Topic: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY  (Read 23261 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »
I travel to NYC a lot and have to say many need to be on meds.  Not all of them but some just seem so stressed and aggravated dealing with the public.

That guy needs to retire. ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:26 PM »
Bacon gonna bacon.
a

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »
If you saw someone driving like an asshole and you were a cop wouldn't you think  at some point in your career you would tell a driver he's driving like an asshole?  Now the cop is the bad guy here? No, the idiot who denies wrong doing probably drove like a jerk. Cops are human too. Should he have remained courteous and just written him a stack of tickets. Yes, probably he should have. He used another option.He told the guy what he thought of his driving. In retrospect he wishes he just wrote him a few tickets and ran his documents in the computer hoping for warrants or suspensions.

The cop was off duty.  He was just trying to be a tough guy super pig.  Maybe next time, the dickhead will think twice before trying to terrorize people. 

The asshole is getting desk duty for doing something in his off time.  Dumb pig....

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

When I get pulled over, I am nice and respectful to the cops, and nothing bad happens to me.

That's me.

Of course I'm white, live in a nice area, drive a nice car, and am well-spoken and usually well-dressed. I'm also not above peeling off a Franklin or 2 if I happen to have had a drink or 2 and don't want any trouble and just want to be allowed to get home and stay there.  ;D
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 01:20:41 PM »
I can relate to the cops anger. Many times I have seen both in a police car and in my own vehicle drivers operating their vehicle in a manner that disregards peoples safety and is aggressive and hazardous. I think "what kind of @@shole this person must be to do that and not care about others around him" On the ocassions I have been lucky enough to be in a marked unit I take great GLEE in pulling the driver over and addressing the behavior. It gives me great pleasure to catch an aggressive or rude driver. It gives the drivers around him/her  great pleasure in seeing the driver get caught by the police for being an a@@. I've had people honk and wave and give the thumbs up on many of those ocassions.

I've WANTED to say much of what that cop said. The driver may have deserved it.( I wasn't there, just basing it on what was said)  BUT... I kept that really cool conversation in my head while I conducted the traffic stop. That's what this cop should have done. Because he didn't, no matter what the driver was doing, it now takes a back seat to his unprofessional response. He got consequences for his actions and he earned them as well. Best thing a cop can learn is people are going to really piss them off.. you got to get a handle on it and focus.  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
I can relate to the cops anger. Many times I have seen both in a police car and in my own vehicle drivers operating their vehicle in a manner that disregards peoples safety and is aggressive and hazardous. I think "what kind of @@shole this person must be to do that and not care about others around him" On the ocassions I have been lucky enough to be in a marked unit I take great GLEE in pulling the driver over and addressing the behavior. It gives me great pleasure to catch an aggressive or rude driver. It gives the drivers around him/her  great pleasure in seeing the driver get caught by the police for being an a@@. I've had people honk and wave and give the thumbs up on many of those ocassions.

I've WANTED to say much of what that cop said. The driver certainly deserved it. BUT... I kept that really cool conversation in my head while I conducted the traffic stop. That's what this cop should have done. Because he didn't, no matter what the driver was doing, it now takes a back seat to his unprofessional response. He got consequences for his actions and he earned them as well. Best thing a cop can learn is people are going to really piss them off.. you got to get a handle on it and focus. 
The Cop was an asshole

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »
The Cop was an asshole

yep, he was.

Another thing I learned is that ass chewings don't matter. Normally the person you are chewing out already knows they are an ass, or thug, or criminal and nothing you say to them is going to make them feel bad, sad, guilty etc. They won't give a mo moments thought to that wonderful heated, impassioned speech you just gave the 16 yr old for breaking into that car... they are just wondering how long after processing they can get out. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »
yep, he was.

Another thing I learned is that ass chewings don't matter. Normally the person you are chewing out already knows they are an ass, or thug, or criminal and nothing you say to them is going to make them feel bad, sad, guilty etc. They won't give a mo moments thought to that wonderful heated, impassioned speech you just gave the 16 yr old for breaking into that car... they are just wondering how long after processing they can get out. 
He was a Taxi Driver so what the hell are you talking about? Dude you have problems

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 01:28:47 PM »
He was a Taxi Driver so what the hell are you talking about? Dude you have problems

I see I was going to fast for you Donnie... I'll try and slow it down next time

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
In before the cop sympathizers say:

The cop was having a bad day. Cut him some slack.
If you hate the police so much, then don't call them when you're in trouble.
When I get pulled over, I am nice and respectful to the cops, and nothing bad happens to me.
It's clear that this driver was being irate and difficult. If he would have just followed what the cop said, the cop would not have gotten pissed off at him.
The cop was just following procedure.
Cops have a very tough and stressful job, so he made one mistake, big deal.
The people filming the video only captured the last part of the incident. Clearly, the driver must have done something bad that wasn't caught on camera.
The cop felt threatened for his life, therefore he was allowed to scream and yell at him. I mean, look at the driver, clearly threatening the cop.

Sorry Police Officers are not allowed to have bad days. If he was having a bad day and its not his true nature, he should have called in sick...PERIOD! Police Officers have to deal with people, some criminals, some wise asses and some not. What happens now is this person has a very bad opinion of law enforcement because he was treated and talked to in an unprofessional manner. Same goes for other professions, would you like a teacher talking to your son/daughter like that? Police Officers like this one, are responsible for the bad reputation they are getting. No where in their training does it tell you to act like this...I know first hand.  

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
I see I was going to fast for you Donnie... I'll try and slow it down next time
going too fast ? your post shows clearly what you think.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »
going too fast ? your post shows clearly what you think.

That's my ultimate goal, to be able to communicate my thoughts accurately in a media that isn't the best for doing that. Though I really think you may not really understand how I think

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 01:48:41 PM »
That's my ultimate goal, to be able to communicate my thoughts accurately in a media that isn't the best for doing that. Though I really think you may not really understand how I think
No i donīt because i was in situations armed where i opened fire and situations where i used COMMON SENSE. That cop was not showing communication skills donīt even go there.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »
At least the cop's getting busted a bit, desk duty, demotion, being transferred, etc...

http://nypost.com/2015/04/01/cop-that-berated-uber-driver-stripped-of-badge-and-gun/

This cop was clearly wrong and he rightfully got punished for his actions.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Rich.. get real the cop was an asshole

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2015, 02:30:49 PM »
No i donīt because i was in situations armed where i opened fire and situations where i used COMMON SENSE. That cop was not showing communication skills donīt even go there.

I didn't go there.....

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
In before the cop sympathizers badge lickers say:

The cop was having a bad day. Cut him some slack.
If you hate the police so much, then don't call them when you're in trouble.
It's clear that this driver was being irate and difficult. If he would have just followed what the cop said, the cop would not have gotten pissed off at him.
The cop was just following procedure.
Cops have a very tough and stressful job, so he made one mistake, big deal.
The people filming the video only captured the last part of the incident. Clearly, the driver must have done something bad that wasn't caught on camera.
The cop felt threatened for his life, therefore he was allowed to scream and yell at him. I mean, look at the driver, clearly threatening the cop.

fixed for effect

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »
Sorry Police Officers are not allowed to have bad days. If he was having a bad day and its not his true nature, he should have called in sick...PERIOD! Police Officers have to deal with people, some criminals, some wise asses and some not. What happens now is this person has a very bad opinion of law enforcement because he was treated and talked to in an unprofessional manner. Same goes for other professions, would you like a teacher talking to your son/daughter like that? Police Officers like this one, are responsible for the bad reputation they are getting. No where in their training does it tell you to act like this...I know first hand.  

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course they are allowed to have bad days. However, their job is directly working with the public, especially in high-risk situations. When you display behavior like that, that could lead to a life and death situation (in another situation). Thus, cops are held to a higher standard and need to learn how to control "those bad days better." On average, if a secretary is having a bad day, that may lead to a stapler being broken. If a cop is having a bad day, that may lead to a shootout, unwanted arrests, etc. All people get angry at work, but different jobs calls for different reactions, and certain jobs require that the person be in better control over their emotions because the outcome may be more severe.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »
Of course they are allowed to have bad days. However, their job is directly working with the public, especially in high-risk situations. When you display behavior like that, that could lead to a life and death situation (in another situation). Thus, cops are held to a higher standard and need to learn how to control "those bad days better." On average, if a secretary is having a bad day, that may lead to a stapler being broken. If a cop is having a bad day, that may lead to a shootout, unwanted arrests, etc. All people get angry at work, but different jobs calls for different reactions, and certain jobs require that the person be in better control over their emotions because the outcome may be more severe.

Well said. "Bad Days" are for amatuers. Professionals should be able to hide a bad day. And as you pointed out, professionals who carry guns and deal with the public with arrest authority should REALLY either call in sick or learn to suppess it until they can get to lunch break or vent with a friend.  

Even coming off a bad call, where things went to crap, the next citizen you deal with has no clue nor should they need one, that you just left a cluster... suck it up.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
This is the umpteenth time I say this: COPS are out of control. Completely lost control of the situation, which could have escalated extremely fast and created another "situation" in which innocent civilians are killed.

The sheer hostility used towards civilians is something we ALL should be very careful of and learn how to manage because these fuckers can AND WILL kill you over the first inkling that you do not respect their authority over you. And that tipping point can easily be you saying "OK" at the wrong moment.

Only good cop is a dead cop.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »
This is the umpteenth time I say this: COPS are out of control. Completely lost control of the situation, which could have escalated extremely fast and created another "situation" in which innocent civilians are killed.

The sheer hostility used towards civilians is something we ALL should be very careful of and learn how to manage because these fuckers can AND WILL kill you over the first inkling that you do not respect their authority over you. And that tipping point can easily be you saying "OK" at the wrong moment.

Only good cop is a dead cop.

sad statement. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »
sad statement. 
no sad is you were on drugs which you admitted and were a cop. You have no moral standing here.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 04:42:12 PM »
no sad is you were on drugs which you admitted and were a cop. You have no moral standing here.

Donny, I think you have me confused with the ex prison guard. I was never on drugs or took them from anyone

But I think I figured out the source of the hostility.. If I were that guy, I'd be pissed too