Author Topic: Anxiety Question...  (Read 29628 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Anxiety Question...
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »
Ritch, do you think you could have sleep apnea?  Thinking about the issue where you feel your head is too far forward.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »
Sometimes you can't logically reason your way out of an emotional reaction. Many people often know that their thoughts are illogical or irrational and leading to negative emotions. However, it doesn't mean that a change from illogical to logical will always lead to a change in emotional content.

I understand.  That's what makes me think it is a form of self-hatred (for lack of a less blunt term)

If you (a hypothetical person) tell yourself it is completely unnecessary and damaging to think this way: don't you trust yourself?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2015, 09:03:20 PM »
I understand.  That's what makes me think it is a form of self-hatred (for lack of a less blunt term)

If you (a hypothetical person) tell yourself it is completely unnecessary and damaging to think this way: don't you trust yourself?

It most likely has nothing to do with self-hatred.

And it has nothing to do with trusting yourself or not.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
Ritch, do you think you could have sleep apnea?  Thinking about the issue where you feel your head is too far forward.

People who have it don't know!
How do I find out?
But possible, especially when I get to 225 or over. But hard for me to maintain that. Missing a meal will lower my weight a few lbs the very next day....
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:12 PM »
It most likely has nothing to do with self-hatred.

And it has nothing to do with trusting yourself or not.

Then why don't they trust themselves?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
People who have it don't know!
How do I find out?
But possible, especially when I get to 225 or over. But hard for me to maintain that. Missing a meal will lower my weight a few lbs the very next day....

It could be a big part of your problem at night.  The doctor can verify it, and treatment could change your life like you've never felt before.  You can adjust off the drug that way, too.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
It could be a big part of your problem at night.  The doctor can verify it, and treatment could change your life like you've never felt before.  You can adjust off the drug that way, too.

Could be, can bring that up, but does not explain my other problems.

But when I wake up, often feel startled, the need to get outta bed and walk around. Then I feel weird as I feel like a weirdo pacing his place which pretty much is what I'm doing, lol! Sometimes, I'll go take a walk, come back in smoke another joint and just hope I can have that moment of letting go and falling alseep....
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
Could be, can bring that up, but does not explain my other problems.

But when I wake up, often feel startled, the need to get outta bed and walk around. Then I feel weird as I feel like a weirdo pacing his place which pretty much is what I'm doing, lol! Sometimes, I'll go take a walk, come back in smoke another joint and just hope I can have that moment of letting go and falling alseep....

If you have accumulated fatigue, your mind will fall apart on you.  No telling what tricks your brain will play.

I think you should start by finding out if you have apnea.  At the very least, you can begin to put things in perspective that way.  Sleep apnea can kill you, so it's something that should be on your radar no matter what.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
If you have accumulated fatigue, your mind will fall apart on you.  No telling what tricks your brain will play.

I think you should start by finding out if you have apnea.  At the very least, you can begin to put things in perspective that way.  Sleep apnea can kill you, so it's something that should be on your radar no matter what.

I need a family doc for that I think. Can't use walk in clinics, or can I? Not sure, but I don't have a family doc.

Need to get on waiting list...
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2015, 09:56:52 PM »
I need a family doc for that I think. Can't use walk in clinics, or can I? Not sure, but I don't have a family doc.

Need to get on waiting list...

Yes, I think a clinic would give you a referral.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2015, 10:00:00 PM »
Yes, I think a clinic would give you a referral.

I've asked every clinic for family doc referal. Everyone is full, need to be put on waiting list. And no way would they see me as a priority. But... Gonna do it anyway as time will pass anyhow...
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
I've asked every clinic for family doc referal. Everyone is full, need to be put on waiting list. And no way would they see me as a priority. But... Gonna do it anyway as time will pass anyhow...

I thought you were European?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2015, 10:08:51 PM »
I thought you were European?

LOL!
ya messin' with me, right?
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »
And I defintely agree about how time passes.  So many things seem like too much of a hassle to start, because they will take too long.  But as you say, the time will pass either way.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »
LOL!
ya messin' with me, right?

Lol, no.  I might have mistaken you for someone else.

Thanks for that statement about time, btw.  That really got me thinking.  It's one of the most valuable lessons in life, when taken seriously.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
Lol, no.  I might have mistaken you for someone else.

Thanks for that statement about time, btw.  That really got me thinking.  It's one of the most valuable lessons in life, when taken seriously.

Nothing like spending time on Getbig and that is something we all take seriously, lol!
But no joke, this place has some good folks, never thought I'd have people give a shit about such stuff discussed here.

Thanks Mr thong for starting it, some good replies here and stuff said from people I never thought others felt.
?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
Don't feel bad.  The batshit loony trophy goes to eternally concerned citizen Las Vegas.  Who probably lives in London.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2015, 11:18:59 PM »
Don't feel bad.  The batshit loony trophy goes to eternally concerned citizen Las Vegas.  Who probably lives in London.

Getbig's way of saying "you're a good dude" lol!
?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »
Sometimes anxiety is warranted. I got a call this afternoon reminding me of a commitment I'd completely spaced on coming up tomorrow. I've already made other plans that I cannot change so I won't be attending the day long meeting out of town. Furthermore, I am the secretary/treasurer on this board and I needed to get the minutes from the last meeting out as well as the latest treasurer's report. Unfortunately, we'd planned a family dinner out at Olive Garden tonight. I just finished up with all the information I needed to email the other board member a few minutes ago. I was feeling very anxious most of the evening this evening.

This type of anxiety can be explained and makes sense. What doesn't make sense is when I suffer a panic attack and there is nothing going on to panic over. I hate that the symptoms are physical as well and mental. It is not a comfortable feeling. I remember feeling like I was going to pass out. Probably because I have literally passed out when I had severe anxiety in the past. Both times it was in public. One time at a bus stop when I was 16 years old and another time it was at a Ray Charles concert attended by hoards of people. It was the crowd that sent me into a panic.

When I realized I'd spent over $2,000 today it gave me a moment of panic that at this rate I'd go broke. Fortunately, I don't tap my bank account this heavily everyday. Another example of justified anxiety.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2015, 11:35:31 PM »
Getbig's way of saying "you're a good dude" lol!

Mmmm, in this case more like 'you'll troll until the wheels come off.'  I watched him haunt Prime for like 8 pages, ever so softly.  The kid's got endurance and enough crazy to put it to use.

It's actually not a bad gimmick considering I reckon it's Joon.  It's a little gross that he does it in serious topics, but I appreciate that nothing is sacred here.  He walks the tightrope pretty well between being annoying and being concerned.  So well that no one ever just tells him to fuck off and mind his own business, even when it's clear they've had more than enough of him, lol.

Must be my paranoia flaring up again.  But I wouldn't be sharing any details with that guy.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »
Furthermore, I am the secretary/treasurer on this board and I needed to get the minutes from the last meeting out as well as the latest treasurer's report.

I don't want to tell you your job but I've never seen a single report from you.  What do we have in the coffers at the moment?  I trust we can still afford the cruise this year now that all your spending sprees are over?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2015, 11:49:43 PM »
I don't want to tell you your job but I've never seen a single report from you.  What do we have in the coffers at the moment?  I trust we can still afford the cruise this year now that all your spending sprees are over?

Ha, ha! This is a great post.

About all we could do is cruise around the block with the funds from this association. If we tapped into my personal finances we could go a bit further. How about Hawaii when the weather sucks at home? Another corporation where I chair the board, we have many more $ in the bank. Sadly, I cannot legally sign checks paying for personal cruises without risking going to jail.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2015, 12:01:17 AM »
Pfff.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  There's no extradition from international waters.  I say buy the yacht and set sail for Destiny!  Damn the torpedoes!

If you're gonna beat anxiety you might as well do it in style.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2015, 12:05:01 AM »
Pfff.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  There's no extradition from international waters.  I say buy the yacht and set sail for Destiny!  Damn the torpedoes!

If you're gonna beat anxiety you might as well do it in style.

Ha, ha. I'm a seasoned worrier. If I followed your advice (which I admit seems like fun) I'd have the anxiety attack to end all and probably my life. I actually derive peace of mind from obeying the law....weird, I know.