Author Topic: Anxiety Question...  (Read 29732 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Anxiety Question...
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
A panic attack is extremely painful, hard to explain, I think you have to experience it to understand it.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
you dont need friends. you dont need to be social. All you need is the iron

This.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2015, 03:35:12 PM »
Would you say it becomes excessive at the point it becomes illogical?

Not really. You can have an excessive amount of anxiety and still be logical. However, you can also be excessively anxious to the point of being illogical.

One way to define if it is excessive or not is whether or not it affects daily functioning. There are many people who are extremely anxious, but are still able to function. Others are then crippled by the same amount of anxiety, or less.
X

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
I'll share my beta stuff with you guys.

Some times I'm the light of the party, some times I'm suicidal and very paranoid. Not as paranoid as paranoid skitzophrenic, I don't hear any voices in my head or see any hallucinations, but I can be super paranoid and could get depressed from the slightest obstacle. I imagine in my mind the worst case scenario's and I can't sleep, I can't eat and I'd get endorfin rush by imagining killing people and it would be mental to even go outside and I can't get anything done. Sometimes I think everyone has something against me, and the shit I tell people just makes people distant from me. People avoid me and look at me strange.

I guess when you don't need to worry about heat, water, food or general survival, you get... this, lol :D. I've been like this for my entire life.

I know all of the above is the product of my imagination because I've gotten used to quitting, so I've never really built my character by finishing the unpleasant but productive stuff everyone should do, so of course one gets depressed or anxious. When you get used to quitting, you won't even try after that, and you stop believing your self, and you start thinking negatively about yourself. And then you get depressed. And medication won't give you permanent relief, you only need to get shit done. The stuff that you quit you should start again no matter how boring and difficult it might seem, it's the only way away from this type of misery.

epic_alien

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2015, 03:44:46 PM »
devilsmile,

i think what you wrote is at the root of why people feel unfulfilled. Your are at least aware of what you need to do to ever feel it. Do those things you never did. Just pick one and do it. Move on from there.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
devilsmile,

i think what you wrote is at the root of why people feel unfulfilled. Your are at least aware of what you need to do to ever feel it. Do those things you never did. Just pick one and do it. Move on from there.

Precisely, but I should have been whooped more as a child because I'm lazy as fuck. Depression can cause it but I could have some shitty ass genes too. You never know. Lazy could be another word for being stupid. You can be as much of a smart ass as you can, as knowledgeable as you can, but if your cognitive part is zero, well, then bad luck :D

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
I'll share my beta stuff with you guys.

I know all of the above is the product of my imagination because I've gotten used to quitting, so I've never really built my character by finishing the unpleasant but productive stuff everyone should do, so of course one gets depressed or anxious. When you get used to quitting, you won't even try after that, and you stop believing your self, and you start thinking negatively about yourself. And then you get depressed. And medication won't give you permanent relief, you only need to get shit done. The stuff that you quit you should start again no matter how boring and difficult it might seem, it's the only way away from this type of misery.

this is good words right here. I think thats how it starts.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »
What is the panic like?

shortness of breathe
chest tightens a bit
insides racing like a mother fker...can make u almost feel nauseous

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »
Try Cognitive Behavior Therapy first...

I've seen it work wonders.. and it will keep the monkey off your back

If worse comes to worse, there are meds that truly do take away the agony and allow you to live, but there is a price..

So, in summary, it comes to this: Benefit to Risk ratios. Doesn't it always?

If you wanna live your life, you may have to be a victim to a pill... unless the CBT works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It is a process.. whereas the meds are an immediate relief.

Try CBT. That's my choice... first.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »
shortness of breathe
chest tightens a bit
insides racing like a mother fker...can make u almost feel nauseous

Same for me. It actually triggers atrial flutter in me. If I don't keep anxiety under control it could cause me to have a stroke or heart failure according to my doctor.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
Its not that i mind talking to people, just constantly consumed with how im interacting and how its affecting others around me to the point that its semi-crippling

Is that the only area you have anxiety in? what about presentations? any rituals? checking shit?

does if feel like you can't stop the thoughts even though you want to? are they intrusive? are you a boi or girl.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2015, 06:12:06 PM »
Not really. You can have an excessive amount of anxiety and still be logical. However, you can also be excessively anxious to the point of being illogical.

One way to define if it is excessive or not is whether or not it affects daily functioning. There are many people who are extremely anxious, but are still able to function. Others are then crippled by the same amount of anxiety, or less.

Logical about the subject that's causing a given bout of anxiety to occur?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2015, 06:14:56 PM »

yes.
X

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2015, 06:26:39 PM »
yes.

How can it be explained, when a particular fear is so unrealistic?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »
How can it be explained, when a particular fear is so unrealistic?

what do you mean?
X

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
what do you mean?

That a sufferer of this could be using logic.

I'm trying to imagine a point that someone could hold a reasoned bearing, while also being seen as (or believe themselves to be) a victim of this problem.  Shouldn't it be one or the other?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »
SF1900, just to be clear, you answered yes to this:

That's what I'm trying to understand.

Diesel618

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »
It's called being self-aware. It goes along with having some semblance of intelligence. Would you rather be this way or like the loud obnoxious douche bags that seem to either not know or not care that they are subjecting everyone in earshot of them to their retarded nonsense. Be grateful and stop looking at it as a negative, just try not to let it control your interactions to the point of being paralyzed.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2015, 07:34:49 PM »
Will study it more on my own.  I'll admit it looks like a paper tiger from the outside.  Judging by this thread, at least.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
I don't want you to think I'm making fun of you.  I'm sorry you've had those experiences, and that is sincere.

Since you already mentioned the bed covers:  Can I ask how you thought they would crush you?  Did you think there was a logical path toward believing that -- or did your mind simply jump to the crushing part?

All good man. My chest is often feeling tight and weight on me makes me feel uncomfortable. This is where my zopicone comes in.
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »
All good man. My chest is often feeling tight and weight on me makes me feel uncomfortable. This is where my zopicone comes in.

When you were experiencing that, did you truly think the covers would crush you to death?  If so, did you ask yourself if they could actually crush you to death?

If you don't want to answer, no problem.  I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »
It's called being self-aware. It goes along with having some semblance of intelligence. Would you rather be this way or like the loud obnoxious douche bags that seem to either not know or not care that they are subjecting everyone in earshot of them to their retarded nonsense. Be grateful and stop looking at it as a negative, just try not to let it control your interactions to the point of being paralyzed.

I am some what jealous of them in a strange way. How comfortable they are with themselves

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 08:28:32 PM »
When you were experiencing that, did you truly think the covers would crush you to death?  If so, did you ask yourself if they could actually crush you to death?

If you don't want to answer, no problem.  I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

truely? good question as i know that is not possible just know the pressure feels unbearable. Feel trapped? Sometimes, can envision being in trapped under rock boulders or weird things like that. Or being locked in a tanning bed or some torture like situation.

Could not even wear a heavy jacket when I went out to take a walk. Bugs me enough, I can't sleep. Weed used to relieve all this, no longer does. Actually often felt uncomfortable lying down, yet exhausted when standing from the lack of sleep and all.

So anything of weight on me, especially while lying down (often feels I'd need to elevate the bed to make me feel comfortable, like my head is forward too much) if that makes any sense....

Was even sleeping on the couch for a while just to be in more of an elevated position but then you don't really sleep well on a couch, so after I'd wake up, would dart to my bed and hope I fall asleep before I think of feeling tilted forward too much.

Hope none of this makes me sound too crazy or anything as I know I'M not nuts, lol!
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2015, 08:50:33 PM »
It's like you feel a need to repel or resist physical pressure.  That is very interesting, Ritch.

But when it comes down to it, you say you know they can't actually crush you to death, but you just can't stand to have covers on you.

What would have happened if you chose temperature/climate control (to make it so you can sleep w/o covers), instead of the Zopiclone?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
It's like you feel a need to repel or resist physical pressure.  That is very interesting, Ritch.

But when it comes down to it, you say you know they can't actually crush you to death, but you just can't stand to have covers on you.

What would have happened if you chose temperature/climate control (to make it so you can sleep w/o covers), instead of the Zopiclone?

Sometimes you can't logically reason your way out of an emotional reaction. Many people often know that their thoughts are illogical or irrational and leading to negative emotions. However, it doesn't mean that a change from illogical to logical will always lead to a change in emotional content.
X