Author Topic: Now we understand that the Crusades were justified  (Read 5987 times)

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Now we understand that the Crusades were justified
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:39:17 AM »
Decades of listening to liberal jerkoffs trying to malign Christendom for the Crusades.

But now we see the type of thing those noble men faced, and we not only respect them, but understand that they were heroes of their age.
Ψ

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Now we understand that the Crusades were justified
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:02 AM »
I'm Catholic and while I don't justify the Crusades since I generally think violence is counter productive, I'm not apologetic over it either.
The Islamic Empire conquered Jerusalem from the Byzantine's and the Crusaders went to reclaim it. It was a case of vast and powerful empires colliding.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:38:43 AM »
Most people don't understand a thing about the Crusades and they don't care to know either.

All most objectors know is the word "Crusades" and that you're supposed to say it defiantly when a Christian talks about God and love.

If that doesn't work you mention slavery in the bible; although again most objectors have no idea what they are talking about.   They just know slavery is in the bible somewhere.  Why or what or any of that they don't care about.

If that still doesn't work then most note the naturalistic impossibility of Noah's ark and again grasp nothing outside that idea, but they know to say "Noah's ark" with most scoffing arrogant tone possible.

If all that fails then the ole trusty "FU" and "religion is a retarded disease" is thrown out....something to that effect.

It's seems to be that those that object the loudest understand the least.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:43 AM »
I'm finished now....off the soapbox LOL.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 09:09:18 AM »
Most people don't understand a thing about the Crusades and they don't care to know either.

All most objectors know is the word "Crusades" and that you're supposed to say it defiantly when a Christian talks about God and love.

If that doesn't work you mention slavery in the bible; although again most objectors have no idea what they are talking about.   They just know slavery is in the bible somewhere.  Why or what or any of that they don't care about.
If that still doesn't work then most note the naturalistic impossibility of Noah's ark and again grasp nothing outside that idea, but they know to say "Noah's ark" with most scoffing arrogant tone possible.

If all that fails then the ole trusty "FU" and "religion is a retarded disease" is thrown out....something to that effect.

Or you get some christian defending slavery and creating this image that slavery was "different" back then, they treated them wonderfully, forgetting that the bible says God told Moses, "You can beat your male or female slave with a rod, as long as you don't kill them... because they are you're property.   

que MOS with the apologetic explanation that slavery back then wasn't really slavery...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »
Fighting and killing others over religion is something only crazy fuckers do.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »

Sorry, but you pitch a non christian a soft ball, he's gonna knock it out of the park.. Noah's ark is a soft ball, much like the sun stopping in the sky for a battle, dead saints rising from their graves and walking throught the city.. a man dying on the cross and rising from the dead 3 days later, plagues that kill all the cattle.. several times, walking on water, heaven is in the sky, a place like hell,

stepping off soap box..  :)

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »
Or you get some christian defending slavery and creating this image that slavery was "different" back then, they treated them wonderfully, forgetting that the bible says God told Moses, "You can beat your male or female slave with a rod, as long as you don't kill them... because they are you're property.  

que MOS with the apologetic explanation that slavery back then wasn't really slavery...

Fuck of you dirty pig, no wonder you hate god, cos you must know he hates dirty money changers and their servants (you).

OINK OINK
Ψ

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
Decades of listening to liberal jerkoffs trying to malign Christendom for the Crusades.

But now we see the type of thing those noble men faced, and we not only respect them, but understand that they were heroes of their age.

Yes, you are right on target. Obama brings up the Crusades on Easter and at the national prayer breakfast to give digs to Christians. Really a 1000 years ago is your objections to Christians? They were fighting the radical Muslims back then too.  They  must have did a good job because they were a little problem for many years.

When atheist use quotes out of the old testament I hope they realize they realize that the Bible was written by man. It was translated from Aramaic, Hebrew and other languages. Words had different meanings then and the translations are often debated.  The new testament preaches love.

The definition of an atheist is a self absorbed pompous individual that thinks they are smart enough to figure out the universe but if you  ask them to make a can opener they can't figure it out. These same atheist say a prayer on their death bed in case they are wrong and it's that prayer they show the meaning of faith.  If a man is truly an atheist they wouldn't care what the faithful practice or about announcing their views every opportunity. It just wouldn't matter.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
Fuck of you dirty pig, no wonder you hate god, cos you must know he hates dirty money changers and their servants (you).

OINK OINK

If you knew the bible my friend, you would know cops are referred to in Romans Chapter 13 and kinda spoke highly of... have a wonderful day and thank you for your thoughtful, spirit filled response.  :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »
Yes, you are right on target. Obama brings up the Crusades on Easter and at the national prayer breakfast to give digs to Christians. Really a 1000 years ago is your objections to Christians? They were fighting the radical Muslims back then too.  They  must have did a good job because they were a little problem for many years.

When atheist use quotes out of the old testament I hope they realize they realize that the Bible was written by man. It was translated from Aramaic, Hebrew and other languages. Words had different meanings then and the translations are often debated.  The new testament preaches love.

The definition of an atheist is a self absorbed pompous individual that thinks they are smart enough to figure out the universe but if you  ask them to make a can opener they can't figure it out. These same atheist say a prayer on their death bed in case they are wrong and it's that prayer they show the meaning of faith.  If a man is truly an atheist they wouldn't care what the faithful practice or about announcing their views every opportunity. It just wouldn't matter.

yeah...no

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
If you knew the bible my friend, you would know cops are referred to in Romans Chapter 13 and kinda spoke highly of... have a wonderful day and thank you for your thoughtful, spirit filled response.  :)

yeah i read about your kind in the bible

roman soldiers who crucified christ  

obey the money changers...
Ψ

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »
yeah...no

Lulz i read that too and was like "ummm, right..."

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 09:48:16 AM »
Wars and battles have to be put in context in the time they took place in. A mistake many people make is that they place modern day values on past events.
The Crusaders did do some bad shit (as all armies will unavoidably do) but society overall was unspeakably brutal back then. The armies in which the Crusaders fought against were equally as brutal too.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »

yeah i read about your kind in the bible

roman soldiers who crucified christ  

obey the money changers...

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Romans 13:1-14 ESV / 144 helpful votes HelpfulNot Helpful

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

Oh yea of closed mind and limited understanding.. I shake the sand from my sandals..

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Romans 13:1-14 ESV / 144 helpful votes HelpfulNot Helpful

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

Oh yea of closed mind and limited understanding.. I shake the sand from my sandals..

you sound like a stupid fundamentalist

dumb dumb dumb
Ψ

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »
you sound like a stupid fundamentalist

dumb dumb dumb

I hope I am able to rise to the level of intelligence you have demonstrated when I say sincerely and with love.. you seem pretty stupid.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 09:57:59 AM »

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 09:59:04 AM »
I hope I am able to rise to the level of intelligence you have demonstrated when I say sincerely and with love.. you seem pretty stupid.

YOU PROBABLY DESCENDED FROM RELIGIOUS WHACKOS

which is why you are so moronic and evil
Ψ

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
YOU PROBABLY DESCENDED FROM RELIGIOUS WHACKOS

which is why you are so moronic and evil

OTH speaks of getting rid of some of the trolls on GB to clean up the juvenile clutter yet you remain. This is quite the mystery. Perhaps god is watching over you 

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
OTH speaks of getting rid of some of the trolls on GB to clean up the juvenile clutter yet you remain. This is quite the mystery. Perhaps god is watching over you 

now you believe
Ψ

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
now you believe

Yes, I believe you are a juvenile troll cluttering up the board.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »
muscleman-2013, will you please make your font a little bigger?  I can't see it.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 10:03:58 AM »
Yes, I believe you are a juvenile troll cluttering up the board.

don't you have someone to beat up this afternoon?
Ψ

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
This man used his bicep supination machine to travel through space and time and witnessed the crusades himself

X