Author Topic: Now we understand that the Crusades were justified  (Read 5986 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Now we understand that the Crusades were justified
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »

don't you have someone to beat up this afternoon?

Just you... but I'm growing weary.. fish in a barrel loses it's entertainment value quickly

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 10:13:27 AM »
Just you... but I'm growing weary.. fish in a barrel loses it's entertainment value quickly

you got some drug pay offs to collect today?
Ψ

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
you got some drug pay offs to collect today?

That's always on the 15th.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »
Ψ

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »
Or you get some christian defending slavery and creating this image that slavery was "different" back then, they treated them wonderfully, forgetting that the bible says God told Moses, "You can beat your male or female slave with a rod, as long as you don't kill them... because they are you're property.  

que MOS with the apologetic explanation that slavery back then wasn't really slavery...

Nah, I've already posted the apologetic explanation that answers your objection on a few occasions.

You read it, don't like that I can answer it and simply discard it.....simple as that.  Why post it yet again?   Just Matthew 7:6.

Now if someone else wants to discuss that's altogether different.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:41 AM »
Sorry, but you pitch a non christian a soft ball, he's gonna knock it out of the park.. Noah's ark is a soft ball, much like the sun stopping in the sky for a battle, dead saints rising from their graves and walking throught the city.. a man dying on the cross and rising from the dead 3 days later, plagues that kill all the cattle.. several times, walking on water, heaven is in the sky, a place like hell,

stepping off soap box..  :)

To be very honest, I've never seen you knock anything out of the park.....you do hit a ton of very solid foul balls though.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »
To be very honest, I've never seen you knock anything out of the park.....you do hit a ton of very solid foul balls though.

Of course he hits "foul balls" and you always hit "home runs?" Here, I just took your post and changed a few words. See, it works both ways.

I sometimes forget you're a theist and that you just "get stuff" the rest of us don't.   Arguing with me must feel like arguing with a child LOL...sorry about that.  

You'll have to forgive me, but I forget you've already worked out the "problem of God and religion".....among other things, including just about every important question in life.

I think Ron should get a programmer that could somehow take whatever posts you put up in whatever board they originate and have them be copied and routed to a new MOS board.....the "MOS Compendium Board-Why theists are always right and atheists always hit 'foul balls' "!   Or maybe make your post history a new board right under the G&O!!  Got a question about something?  Consult the compendium.....all the answers are there!

You must have JOJ traps (bb related) to hold up that big, powerful, knowledge-filled brain!  My traps have always been a lagging bodypart.....kinda makes sense, right?  Hey, I don't know if it does, you tell me LOL.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
Of course he hits "foul balls" and you always hit "home runs?" Here, I just took your post and changed a few words. See, it works both ways.

I sometimes forget you're a theist and that you just "get stuff" the rest of us don't.   Arguing with me must feel like arguing with a child LOL...sorry about that.  

You'll have to forgive me, but I forget you've already worked out the "problem of God and religion".....among other things, including just about every important question in life.

I think Ron should get a programmer that could somehow take whatever posts you put up in whatever board they originate and have them be copied and routed to a new MOS board.....the "MOS Compendium Board-Why theists are always right and atheists always hit 'foul balls' "!   Or maybe make your post history a new board right under the G&O!!  Got a question about something?  Consult the compendium.....all the answers are there!

You must have JOJ traps (bb related) to hold up that big, powerful, knowledge-filled brain!  My traps have always been a lagging bodypart.....kinda makes sense, right?  Hey, I don't know if it does, you tell me LOL.

::)

See, this is the difference. I acknowledge that I don't have the answers to many important questions in life.

Whereas, you state with certainty that you know all the answers because of your religion (like all other religions), , i.e., "I know the nature of the universe," "I know what it means to lead a good life." Maybe you can contact all those damn scientists and ethics professors since you have all the answers haha lol.

So, lets take a step back and really examine who claims to have all the answers?  ::) ::)

So, please, tell me all the answers to life, since you obviously have one-up on me for believing and God and I am just a lost "soul" haha LOL!!

Excerpts from 3 different posts in 3 different threads with 3 different people:

Genuine believers have doubts and questions about parts of scripture or the nature of God, but not about God's reality in general.   There's nothing wrong with not understanding something or not having thorough and complete answers to  theological questions.  I'm in a life's pursuit to better understand God and today I don't always have the answers.....there's plenty of time that I just don't know things, but that's ok.  When we admit we don't know it can put us on a path to learn way more than we ever considered.

I’m humble enough to admit that I don’t have all the answers and believe me that coming to terms with this is not something I take lightly (it shakes some believers to their core and others to cry "heresy!!"), but like others I will continue to search out answers honestly and proactively.  I’m simply willing to examine both secular science and theology and do so with an attitude of learning and humility.

My suggestion is to start with simple prayer and even consider reading some scripture.   Again I would suggest reading the gospel of John, the book of Acts and Paul’s letter to the Romans in the New Testament…all three are back to back in the bible.  Pray before reading and ask God to help reveal himself to you in his word and then pray after about that scripture read.   Christ is the narrow gate to salvation, but we must willing to even baby step our way through that gate initially…even those baby steps can be a leap.   Certainly I’m willing to speak to you and I know others are as well.   I don’t have all the answers, but I am willing to help however I can. I know that you don’t know me and I also don’t know you, but I can tell you that I care about you and I care about what you’ve expressed already.

We've stepped back now....so who claims to have all the answers?  I certainly don't....that's just 3 posts out of the last 3 years.   I don't how many posts there have been in which I state the same.

Today you attempt to refute virtually every religious post I make.  You tell me why my answer is wrong or flawed and then you give me your position which you believe to be better or superior.

I don't do that to you.

Further, agnostic can speak for himself....he doesn't need your help....he's a big boy.  :)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »
Man of Steel & SF1900 - you're both good dudes in my book but the constant tit for tat debates you have over religion are boring as fuck.
Just agree to disagree and move on. Nobody fucking cares.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 10:04:02 AM »
Man of Steel & SF1900 - you're both good dudes in my book but the constant tit for tat debates you have over religion are boring as fuck.
Just agree to disagree and move on. Nobody fucking cares.

x2  ;D ;D
X

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 10:06:39 AM »
the crusades were a failure, the christians were more backwards at the time

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »
Just agree to disagree and move on.  

I've tried this....repeatedly....di dn't work.

If only there were a religion board for this stuff....someone should propose that:

If only we had a "Religion Board".   Seems to me if we had a religion board to house this stuff the problem would be solved.

Someone should propose that.

Ron provided a board for it so use it.   ;)

Then the G&O won't be cluttered with religious debate.

yep, 2 big religion threads on the G&O this week and nothing on the actual religion board

:)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »
the crusades were a failure, the christians were more backwards at the time

The dark ages were not as backward as often potrayed.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »
I've tried this....repeatedly....di dn't work.

If only there were a religion board for this stuff....someone should propose that:

:)

Yeah, tbf, I get the idea you don't really enjoy these arguments but just get sucked into them.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Yeah, tbf, I get the idea you don't really enjoy these arguments but just get sucked into them.

Yes there's some truth there.  Often times I ignore a lot of stuff....even stuff directed at me.  I'm "meh" to most of it.

Then there are other times when I choose to defend my faith and dig in.  I can literally here people's groans and eye rolls through my monitor when I do LOL!!   

I only start "religious threads" on the religion board unless I start a thread on the G&O asking folks to keep religion threads on the religion board.

Today the vast majority of my religious discussion is on the G&O and again the vast majority of my replies are "in response" to something or someone.

Yes, there are times when I share my faith in a non-religious thread.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
I'm not saying you are all wrong and it was Aliens...

But you are all wrong and it was aliens.

And oh yeah... We stopped the Crusades too soon. We stopped fighting and these animals never did.
$

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »

That's pretty funny... you have a pretty decent sense of humor

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »

That's pretty funny... you have a pretty decent sense of humor

I try  ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
This man used his bicep supination machine to travel through space and time and witnessed the crusades himself

Very ancient image, could be from Roman time  ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »
I hope I am able to rise to the level of intelligence you have demonstrated when I say sincerely and with love.. you seem pretty stupid.

Verily.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 05:29:07 PM »
People! 
a