Author Topic: jesus is lord and the gym is my church  (Read 8267 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: jesus is lord and the gym is my church
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »
It is true that there is no invisible man in the sky.
When I was 4 someone told me that God is in the sky and the devil is a bad man who is against God and lives underground.  It was a scary story, so I go to church every Sunday and pray to God.
 ;D ;D

People will believe just about anything you tell them from a young age.
N

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:56 AM »
When I was 4 someone told me that God is in the sky and the devil is a bad man who is against God and lives underground.  It was a scary story, so I go to church every Sunday and pray to God.
 ;D ;D

People will believe just about anything you tell them from a young age.

This is why most religions like to hook you when you're just a wee kid. Fortunately for me, I was always distracted in Sunday school. I never took the bait. Also I've always been a skeptic who was not inclined to believe what I was told on face value. My parents were not particularly religious. They were kind of  in to new age stuff, like Religious Science, which was more of a philosophy then a religion.

I believe I am spiritual though. I strive to always do the right thing. Sometimes I mess up though.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 07:43:36 AM »
This is why most religions like to hook you when you're just a wee kid. Fortunately for me, I was always distracted in Sunday school. I never took the bait. Also I've always been a skeptic who was not inclined to believe what I was told on face value. My parents were not particularly religious. The were kind of  in to new age stuff, like Religious Science, which was more of a philosophy then a religion.

I believe I am spiritual though. I strive to always do the right thing. Sometimes I mess up though.

Some folks are just too smart for religion.   Their intellects are so developed that engaging in religion is like taking a step down or becoming less evolved or losing brain cells. 

Well, at least you're respectful of those that do participate in religion.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:58 AM »
Fixed.

I sometimes forget you're an atheist and that you just "get stuff" the rest of us don't.   Arguing with me must feel like arguing with a child LOL...sorry about that.  

You'll have to forgive me, but I forget you've already worked out the "problem of religion".....among other things.  

Who knows?  One day soon you might even replace Hitchens as one of the four horsemen of atheism!!  That'd be somethin, huh?!!   It's possible, but Matt Dillahunty and Lawrence Krauss are already in hot pursuit of that coveted spot.

I think Ron should get a programmer that could somehow take whatever posts you put up in whatever board they originate and have them be copied and routed to a new SF1900 board.....the "SF1900 Compendium Board"!   Or maybe make your post history a new board right under the G&O!!  Got a question about something?  Consult the compendium.....all the answers are there!

You must have JOJ traps (bb related) to hold up that big, powerful, knowledge-filled brain!  My traps have always been a lagging bodypart.....kinda makes sense, right?  Hey, I don't know if it does, you tell me LOL.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »
I sometimes forget you're an atheist and that you just "get stuff" the rest of us don't.   Arguing with me must feel like arguing with a child LOL...sorry about that.  

You'll have to forgive me, but I forget you've already worked out the "problem of religion".....among other things.  

Who knows?  One day soon you might even replace Hitchens as one of the four horsemen of atheism!!  That'd be somethin, huh?!!   It's possible, but Matt Dillahunty and Lawrence Krauss are already in hot pursuit of that coveted spot.

I think Ron should get a programmer that could somehow take whatever posts you put up in whatever board they originate and have them be copied and routed to a new SF1900 board.....the "SF1900 Compendium Board"!   Or maybe make your post history a new board right under the G&O!!  Got a question about something?  Consult the compendium.....all the answers are there!

You must have JOJ traps (bb related) to hold up that big, powerful, knowledge-filled brain!  My traps have always been a lagging bodypart.....kinda makes sense, right?  Hey, I don't know if it does, you tell me LOL.

Or I am just busting your chops on a bodybuilding forum, and no need to take it so seriously.  ::) Religious people have no sense of humor at all.

No, my atheism really doesn't extend beyond GB. So, no, I would not want to be the fourth horsemen  ;D Plus, no one can really replace Hitchens, anyway. I just really talk about atheism here because its funny when you write out a post like that.  :D It makes me chuckle. Do you think Id actually walk up to someone at my job and say that? lol. Hell no. The last time I talked about being an atheist was with one another member of this board. Besides that, I cant even remember the last time I discussed it outside of getbig.
X

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 08:15:19 AM »

I pray to him. He is the that started the body by Vi
Ah yes, the last known photo of Sev with hair

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »

Meltdown

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:05 AM »
Meltdown

Oh c'mon, this is nothing....I've posted up melting replies 10x this.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 08:30:24 AM »
Oh c'mon, this is nothing....I've posted up melting replies 10x this.

Why do you take everything religious-related so seriously? You can't even take my "Fixed" posts as a joke. You have to go on a "tirade." Why are religious people so uptight?
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »
Or I am just busting your chops on a bodybuilding forum, and no need to take it so seriously.  ::) Religious people have no sense of humor at all.

No, my atheism really doesn't extend beyond GB. So, no, I would not want to be the fourth horsemen  ;D Plus, no one can really replace Hitchens, anyway. I just really talk about atheism here because its funny when you write out a post like that.  :D It makes me chuckle. Do you think Id actually walk up to someone at my job and say that? lol. Hell no. The last time I talked about being an atheist was with one another member of this board. Besides that, I cant even remember the last time I discussed it outside of getbig.

Yeah, it's all good fun!  The back and forth....just a game.....a friendly banter LOL!!    You know, the thing that has changed my life, saved me and that I hold most dear......it's nothing....just good fun!!  Let's laugh about it, bust my chops, mock it.....c'mon it's funny times fellas!!    ;D ;D   I should be constantly having a hearty belly laugh over this stuff!!   ;D ;D   

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »
Why do you take everything religious-related so seriously? You can't even take my "Fixed" posts as a joke. You have to go on a "tirade." Why are religious people so uptight?

It would be easier if you just gave me the answers.....the questions are really confusing!    :-\

Oh sorry forgot....AHAHAHAAHAHAHA H!!! LOL!!!   ;D!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 08:37:29 AM »
Yeah, it's all good fun!  The back and forth....just a game.....a friendly banter LOL!!    You know, the thing that has changed my life, saved me and that I hold most dear......it's nothing....just good fun!!  Let's laugh about it, bust my chops, mock it.....c'mon it's funny times fellas!!    ;D ;D   I should be constantly having a hearty belly laugh over this stuff!!   ;D ;D  

Obvious, sarcasm.

However, you make a conscious choice to come on here knowing that THIS IS GETBIG!! Its the nature of the board. If we were on a philosophical or religious board, the tone would be a lot different. Sorry, you don't get to "bitch and moan (not literally)" when the nature of GB is sarcasm and whatnot. How do you expect for people to respond on GB? You've been here long enough, you should know the deal. Plus, you have said about a million times in the past: "I am done discussing religion on GB." You even know the road it will take when discussing religion. Yet, you can't seem to help yourself.  :-\ :-\ Sorry, I don't come on here to be serious, and that's related to any post.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
It would be easier if you just gave me the answers.....the questions are really confusing!    :-\

Oh sorry forgot....AHAHAHAAHAHAHA H!!! LOL!!!   ;D!!

See, this is the difference. I acknowledge that I don't have the answers to many important questions in life.

Whereas, you state with certainty that you know all the answers because of your religion (like all other religions), , i.e., "I know the nature of the universe," "I know what it means to lead a good life." Maybe you can contact all those damn scientists and ethics professors since you have all the answers haha lol.

So, lets take a step back and really examine who claims to have all the answers?  ::) ::)

So, please, tell me all the answers to life, since you obviously have one-up on me for believing and God and I am just a lost "soul" haha LOL!!
X

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »
Brainwashing of Christians = Good
Brainwashing of Muslims = Bad

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
Obvious, sarcasm.

However, you make a conscious choice to come on here knowing that THIS IS GETBIG!! Its the nature of the board. If we were on a philosophical or religious board, the tone would be a lot different. Sorry, you don't get to "bitch and moan (not literally)" when the nature of GB is sarcasm and whatnot. How do you expect for people to respond on GB? You've been here long enough, you should know the deal. Plus, you have said about a million times in the past: "I am done discussing religion on GB." You even know the road it will take when discussing religion. Sorry, I don't come on here to be serious, and thats related to any post.

pssst....SF1900!  I moderate the GB religion board.....the biggest religious posters on this board - both atheist and theist -  that post on EVERY SINGLE RELIGION RELATED THREAD rarely or never come to the religion board.

There was a time I thought I would permanently leave GB, but I ultimately felt lead to stay.   I have discontinued discussing "religion" with some folks....that is true.  Altogether stopping discussing "religion"....that I haven't said.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »
pssst....SF1900!  I moderate the GB religion board.....the biggest religious posters on this board - both atheist and theist -  that post on EVERY SINGLE RELIGION RELATED THREAD rarely or never come to the religion board.

There was a time I thought I would permanently leave GB, but I ultimately felt lead to stay.   I have discontinued discussing "religion" with some folks....that is true.

And answer me this:

Have I ever come on the religious board and poked fun? No. Ive never even made one thread in there (to my knowledge).

The G and O is more free reign. If you don't like it, then only make posts on the religious board related to religion.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
See, this is the difference. I acknowledge that I don't have the answers to many important questions in life.

Whereas, you state with certainty that you know all the answers because of your religion (like all other religions), , i.e., "I know the nature of the universe," "I know what it means to lead a good life." Maybe you can contact all those damn scientists and ethics professors since you have all the answers haha lol.

So, lets take a step back and really examine who claims to have all the answers?  ::) ::)

So, please, tell me all the answers to life, since you obviously have one-up on me for believing and God and I am just a lost "soul" haha LOL!!

Excerpts from 3 different posts in 3 different threads with 3 different people:

Genuine believers have doubts and questions about parts of scripture or the nature of God, but not about God's reality in general.   There's nothing wrong with not understanding something or not having thorough and complete answers to  theological questions.  I'm in a life's pursuit to better understand God and today I don't always have the answers.....there's plenty of time that I just don't know things, but that's ok.  When we admit we don't know it can put us on a path to learn way more than we ever considered.

I’m humble enough to admit that I don’t have all the answers and believe me that coming to terms with this is not something I take lightly (it shakes some believers to their core and others to cry "heresy!!"), but like others I will continue to search out answers honestly and proactively.  I’m simply willing to examine both secular science and theology and do so with an attitude of learning and humility.

My suggestion is to start with simple prayer and even consider reading some scripture.   Again I would suggest reading the gospel of John, the book of Acts and Paul’s letter to the Romans in the New Testament…all three are back to back in the bible.  Pray before reading and ask God to help reveal himself to you in his word and then pray after about that scripture read.   Christ is the narrow gate to salvation, but we must willing to even baby step our way through that gate initially…even those baby steps can be a leap.   Certainly I’m willing to speak to you and I know others are as well.   I don’t have all the answers, but I am willing to help however I can. I know that you don’t know me and I also don’t know you, but I can tell you that I care about you and I care about what you’ve expressed already.

We've stepped back now....so who claims to have all the answers?  I certainly don't....that's just 3 posts out of the last 3 years.   I don't how many posts there have been in which I state the same.

Today you attempt to refute virtually every religious post I make.  You tell me why my answer is wrong or flawed and then you give me your position which you believe to be better or superior.

I don't do that to you.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:44 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:21 AM »
Excerpts from 3 different posts in 3 different threads with 3 different people:

We've stepped back now....so who claims to have all the answers?  I certainly don't....that's just 3 posts out of I don't how many in which I state the same.

Today you attempt to refute virtually every religious post I make.  You tell me why my answer is wrong or flawed and then you give me your position which you believe to be better or superior.

I don't do that to you.

My opinion is that there is no sufficient evidence to justify a God, however I may be wrong. I cannot prove for 100% certainty that a God does not exist. By some miracle, God may show himself to me and the world, then I'd be wrong, or even further, his existence may be proven in a lab. Anything is possible. Then I'd be wrong and would follow the new evidence. Thus, I may very well be wrong.

As for what you post on GB and how you conduct yourself in real life or in front of other theists is impossible to know, since I do not know you in real life. Thus, that can be all talk. You may very well follow the "pack" and say differently. Again, impossible to know.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »
And answer me this:

Have I ever come on the religious board and poked fun? No. Ive never even made one thread in there (to my knowledge).

The G and O is more free reign. If you don't like it, then only make posts on the religious board related to religion.

No you get all your shots in on the G&O like everyone else...that's the point.

I've tried over and over and over again to drum up religious discussion on the religion board and have repeatedly encouraged others to keep religious threads off the G&O and onto the religion board.

If only we had a "Religion Board".   Seems to me if we had a religion board to house this stuff the problem would be solved.

Someone should propose that.

Ron provided a board for it so use it.   ;)

Then the G&O won't be cluttered with religious debate.

yep, 2 big religion threads on the G&O this week and nothing on the actual religion board

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
My opinion is that there is no sufficient evidence to justify a God, however I may be wrong. I cannot prove for 100% certainty that a God does not exist. By some miracle, God may show himself to me and the world, then I'd be wrong, or even further, his existence may be proven in a lab. Anything is possible. Then I'd be wrong and would follow the new evidence. Thus, I may very well be wrong.

As for what you post on GB and how you conduct yourself in real life or in front of other theists is impossible to know, since I do not know you in real life. Thus, that can be all talk. You may very well follow the "pack" and say differently. Again, impossible to know.

You have to follow evidence where it leads otherwise it's worthless.   That's why courts of law follow the evidence proactively and they evaluate and follow through the testimony of witnesses and bring forth character witnesses (if available).  Concrete proofs are for mathematics, scientific disciplines and logic.     You'll never find God in a test tube in a lab....you can't bottle the supernatural in a natural bottle.....we've discussed this many, many times before.

A testimony of a believer is evidence, but if you dismiss me by simply saying you don't know my real life character so you won't follow the evidence you'll never unpack anything.....you're just left with your presuppositions.  Often times huge decisions are made without complete knowledge....if only things in life were that easy LOL.  Why would I waste my time sharing Christ on these boards?  Why would I endure nonstop mocking and ridicule if I didn't care for you and others?   I've told you that you have to proactively seek God on his terms as outlined in scripture - as I and other believers have done before (and after me) to experience the revelation of God in your life.  

Yes, it's possible God might miraculously reveal himself to you...it's possible.  Although, if you simply rest on that approach it most likely won't pay off.  In a simplistic way the failure of that approach will just reinforce your presuppositions that aren't grounded in proactive approach God requires.   If you want to know God I suggest that you seek him out on his terms, surrender to him, lay aside your sin (those offenses against God) and determine for yourself whether or not he's the real deal....my testimony (and others like it) is a just a loving guide.  Most refuse to follow God's requirements....I can't help them.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »
Jesus built my hotrod.

8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

Many religions believe one should take God's existence on faith alone. I have trouble with this concept. I'm too much of a realist, I guess. My wife is Catholic. I've often gone to mass with her and I even took Catechism classes before we married. What I learned was that there was no way I could be a Catholic, I couldn't even fake it. It's fine for her to believe as she chooses though. I have no problem with other folks following their religious teachings unless they try to preach to me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
Many religions believe one should take God's existence on faith alone. I have trouble with this concept. I'm too much of a realist, I guess. My wife is Catholic. I've often gone to mass with her and I even took Catechism classes before we married. What I learned was that there was no way I could be a Catholic, I couldn't even fake it. It's fine for her to believe as she chooses though. I have no problem with other folks following their religious teachings unless they try to preach to me.

Where do you draw the line on "preaching" vs "not preaching"?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:32 PM »
Where do you draw the line on "preaching" vs "not preaching"?

When someone tells me their way is the only way.